• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 9-15 | Q Bomb is Top Tier

I think opening with Smash, considering how ehh and predictable the Mii stuff wasn't the best way to go. In some respects, I don't think anything gets people as excited as Smash does, despite what the content actually is. And let's be real, people were watching for Smash first and foremost, and potential surprises later.

I would have organized the event a bit differently. Zelda out the gate, save Smash for the end, but the middle portion was a great mix of old and new
and not much 3DS.
. I'm just happy it wasn't a redux of the frontloaded Sony conference, and was fairly concise, even though it's annoying now trying to scrape up information for everything they didn't feel deserved time.

Well duh. One character is more important, well-known, and more anticipated than the other. Hint: That character is not Palutena.

the smash threads say otherwise :'(

yeah, their opinion is not indicative of the world but weh!

Well duh. One character is more important, well-known, and more anticipated than the other. Hint: That character is not Palutena.
I bet if you polled gamers for a Pac-Man game or a Palutena game, Palutena would win. No one gives a crap about Pac-Man. For a Nintendo fan service game, that is doubly the case.

Infinite

I bet if you polled gamers for a Pac-Man game or a Palutena game, Palutena would win. No one gives a crap about Pac-Man. For a Nintendo fan service game, that is doubly the case.
Would have to agree. Pacman would lose free to any other namco character too aside from Mr. Driller

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sure, a game is different, though, especially considering how deeply embedded in gaming culutre Pac-Man is already. But for inclusion in Smash? I highly doubt it. Pac-Man has been anticipated for being in Smash for years to a decade (alongside Megaman), and started getting people hype once the Namco collaboration was announced. Palutena has had people hype since the leak, otherwise excitement was always on-par with other characters you would categorize unlikely.

sorry but i rate my conferences by what they show not when they show it to me.
I like not wasting my time more than I like wasting my time.

Sheroking

I wouldn't play as Pac Man but I'd still like to see him well represented in the game.

Pac Man is, whether or not you care about him, one of the most iconic characters in classic gaming history and arguably the mascot of Namco.

Busaiku

T9p51bt.jpg

Does Pac Man have a head tilt?
I think not.

kirblar

So today's E3 FG schedule is-

2:40PM - KI on IGN
6PM - Xrd on Gamestop Stage
7PM - Smash Event
7PM - USFIV stuff on Capcom Stream

Am I missing anything?

El Sloth

Banned
I can't imagine Pac-Man having anywhere as interesting a moveset as they showed Palutena having in the trailer. And that's the only thing I care about.

I don't give a crap about Palutena in Smash, but I do give a crap about Pac-Man.
I consider myself victorious.

Sure, a game is different, though, especially considering how deeply embedded in gaming culutre Pac-Man is already. But for inclusion in Smash? I highly doubt it. Pac-Man has been anticipated for being in Smash for years to a decade (alongside Megaman), and started getting people hype once the Namco collaboration was announced. Palutena has had people hype since the leak, otherwise excitement was always on-par with other characters you would categorize unlikely.

I like not wasting my time more than I like wasting my time.
What what? Palutena has been highly demanded since KI:U came out. I don't hear shit about Pac-Man anywhere other than "Ugh, I guess it will happen since NAMCO is involved".

I wouldn't play as Pac Man but I'd still like to see him well represented in the game.

Pac Man is, whether or not you care about him, one of the most iconic characters in classic gaming history and arguably the mascot of Namco.
Anything that's in the game, I want well-represented. The problem is that Pac-Man doesn't really have a consistent identity. He has a goddamn mech in SFxT!

So today's E3 FG schedule is-

2:40PM - KI on IGN
6PM - Xrd on Gamestop Stage
7PM - Smash Event
7PM - USFIV stuff on Capcom Stream

Am I missing anything?
Time zones on those times would be great. Where did you find all this out? Thank you for it, regardless.

kirblar

SRK had a list, and I just grabbed the relevant ones I saw for today.

I listed everything EST.

My reaction to "Palutena/Shulk" requests initially - *gotgWHO*.gif Totally get why you'd want them in for IP awareness though.

That Smash cover art is awesome.

SRK had a list, and I just grabbed the relevant ones I saw for today.

I listed everything EST.

My reaction to "Palutena/Shulk" requests initially - *gotgWHO*.gif Totally get why you'd want them in for IP awareness though.

That Smash cover art is awesome.
Palutena is also in what I consider to be one of the top 5 handheld games ever made. It's a pity gamer competence is so low on an unusual control scheme.

Crocodile

Pac-Man more wanted than Palutena? I've gotten the complete opposite vibe from like ANY Smash related thread anywhere on the internet I've entered.

Anyway, FUCK YES at Palutena, boo at no Pokken (though there's at least time since Nintendo will be revealing more stuff throughout the event)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think Pac-Man could easily have a great moveset. You could have a mode where he turns 2D and can sharply move up/down/left/right from short periods at a time, making him dangerous within a certain range. On top of that, you can build an easy resource game based on his power-ups and/or implement a Hakan-like oiling system that gives him a speed boost from ingesting fruits. You can pull normals and smashes from the 3D games. I just made this up now and I'm already more interested than what we got today.

EDIT: And I really have no personal affinity or nostalgia for the character either.

CurlyW

All times PDT

Tuesday 6/10
11:40am - Killer Instinct S2 on IGN
2:00pm - Ultra Street Fighter IV on Capcom Unity
3:00pm - Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- on GameSpot (GameSpot Stage)
3:40pm - Killer Instinct S2 on GameSpot (GameSpot Stage)
4:00pm - Super Smash Bros. Invitational on Twitch

Wednesday 6/11
11:40am - Killer Instinct S2 on Twitch
12:20pm - Super Smash Bros. WiiU & 3DS on GameSpot (Samsung Stage)
2:00pm - Ultra Street Fighter IV on Capcom Unity
2:40pm - Mortal Kombat X on IGN

Thursday 6/12
11:40am - Mortal Kombat X on GameSpot (Samsung Stage)

That was all I could find. Let me know if I missed anything.

All times PDT

Tuesday 6/10

Wednesday 6/11

Thursday 6/12

Savior of FightingGAF.

*bows*

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
All times PDT

Tuesday 6/10

Wednesday 6/11

Thursday 6/12

I think you're missing the Capcom Unity stuff.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hmm, is it safe to assume that all the characters in Smash will get their own figures?

If so, I think one of those pictures during the presentation showed Chrom; who is also on one of the leaks that has yet to be disproven.

Top Bottom