• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 9-15 | Q Bomb is Top Tier

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
They've shown four totally new characters (with the remaining two being the Ryu and Ken of MK) which departs completely from the "let's relaunch the franchise with the characters people remember from the good old days" logic of MK9.

MK9 was like SF4 - a brand relaunch. This game so far seems like it's trying to do a SF3 and focus on new characters.
Well, sure, it's just that death is such an easy hurdle to overcome in a fighting game. Just ask Nu!

I hope MK doesn't back itself into a corner like Ono did with Street Fighter. The more characters you add, the harder it is the make a sequel.
I actually prefer this approach + graphical and cast updates over time. No reason to completely retool the game. I would love it if we never got a Street Fighter V.

kirblar

I actually prefer this approach + graphical and cast updates over time. No reason to completely retool the game. I would love it if we never got a Street Fighter V.
I want them to keep updating IV until they hit the magic gameplay thing that makes going with V a good idea rather than "what they're supposed to do."

I remember 135k to be exact. For reference, Marvel peaked at 144k and SF4 at 125k. If it wasn't for that hype Marvel GF, you can bet your ass the Smash guys would have had all the bragging rights.

Top Bottom