• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Mar 16-22 | Mo Money, Momochi

Dahbomb

Yea Marvel and USF4 are looking hella stacked for FR.

Seems like we haven't had a good ol Battle of the Gods in Marvel in a long ass time.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I hope to see some new SFV stuff.

We had one spring like week and now it's back to being cold again. Might snow during weekend. You can't win.

Sheroking

Do we got a schedule yet? We'll pretty much know if we got a block for Capcom stuff on Sunday.

This is the first premiere event, and if they really intend to release in early 2016, they really should be doing character reveals once a month or so.

Do we got a schedule yet? We'll pretty much know if we got a block for Capcom stuff on Sunday.

This is the first premiere event, and if they really intend to release in early 2016, they really should be doing character reveals once a month or so.

Momochi vs Daigo FT10 :p

just to make things a little easier:

4c0jpRC.png

Sayad

Marvel is looking good, I'll probably wake up to catch it instead of the usual 'sleep after Xrd > wake up for USFIV'.

Is anything different in marvel these days? I haven't watched it since EVO last year (serious question, not having a go at it for once).

Sheroking

I feel like in the handful of tournaments I've watched since EVO, I've seen a lot more MODOK, Dormammu, Raccoon and Iron Man.

All bets on Justin. I don't expect any upsets. unless they've been practicing some secret tech. And even then they'd probably save it for EVO.

Who the hell knows what ChrisG has been up to, but I really think FChamp is gonna be hungry.

Justin's priorities have shifted pretty hard to Street Fighter, but until proven otherwise, he is the best in the world.

NEO0MJ

Who the hell knows what ChrisG has been up to, but I really think FChamp is gonna be hungry.

Justin's priorities have shifted pretty hard to Street Fighter, but until proven otherwise, he is the best in the world.

I feel that everyone is practicing for SF IV, the reward is too high to ignore.

Dahbomb

Is anything different in marvel these days? I haven't watched it since EVO last year (serious question, not having a go at it for once).
Not really but there's a new East Coast player by the name of Cosmos who is channeling some ChrisG vibes as of late (plays MorriDoomVergil and been whooping the East Coast). He is the most likely candidate out of the usual crop to actually have a chance to win FR.

I guess it's also notable to mention that MarlinPie was looking damn crispy last time as well. He got 2nd at a recent tournament only losing to Cosmos. Getting back into GG has also restored some of his edge in Marvel.

I wonder how they keep them from being pirated, as I imagine it would be easy to rip and get running on a regular PC.

Well they were heavily pirated. Remember when BlazBlue CS leaked online? That made a lot of noise but in the arcade world the games were already pirated for a simple reason: they are sold on a classic hard drive with an encryption key, which often leaks to a few select people or is broken. After that pirates made copies of the game with that encryption key and sold it half the price. Happened for SF4, BlazBlue, KOF13, etc...

That's the main reason Arc went full Nesica X Live for BlazBlue Continuum Shift 2. I remember in 2011 when Mori, Ishiwatari and Kidooka came to France, a few arcade owners made them come to their arcades and opened the cabs to show them they bought regular copies of all their games. The main reason was to convince Arc to sold them a hard drive copy of BBCS2 as Nesica cannot be used outside of Japan.

Hard drive copies of major arcade games exists but they are way less advertised and very expensive. Most people buying them are out of asia as, like steam, Nesica/Ring Edge once you paid for having it, is a service that is very, very interesting for arcade owners as games are way cheaper. Small arcades are having a hard time with it however.

LegatoB

Nesica/Ring Edge once you paid for having it, is a service that is very, very interesting for arcade owners as games are way cheaper. Small arcades are having a hard time with it however.
Sure, once you put up all the extra hardware/license costs to get the Nesica equipment installed, and then pay 30yen on the credit back to the publishers every time a game is played, the games are cheaper, I guess.

I don't blame the devs/publishers for wanting to protect themselves from bootlegging and gain a stronger revenue stream, but this puts all the pressure on the real weak link here, the arcade operators themselves. There's probably no good solution, though~

I don't think anyone has beaten Justin since Evo.

This is subjective but it seems like a lot of the east coast guys have leveled up.

Not really but there's a new East Coast player by the name of Cosmos who is channeling some ChrisG vibes as of late (plays MorriDoomVergil and been whooping the East Coast). He is the most likely candidate out of the usual crop to actually have a chance to win FR.

I guess it's also notable to mention that MarlinPie was looking damn crispy last time as well. He got 2nd at a recent tournament only losing to Cosmos. Getting back into GG has also restored some of his edge in Marvel.

Last I heard Cosmos said he wasn't sure if he could make it, but that was at least a week ago. I hope he goes.

Nyoro SF

I...I was one of the people who pirated it >.>

But I was still a kid at the time! I changed now.

The thirst for Blazblue on PC was really strong and still is... that is, for RECENT versions of the game that are the same as console versions at least. It was especially inviting because it was the most recent version of the game at the time; no stupid delays to get the game on console (and lol at PC getting that version 4 years later).

Arcsys's business strategy is so greedy yet so myopic. How much longer will Western players be treated as throwaway cash-ins? At least Aksys does fine work bringing the games over, no complaints there.

Rhapsody

Banned
Any time there's a thread that involves melee and brawl/4, people like to be stupid, no matter the thread or forum...

I can't escape it.

Malice215

We had one spring like week and now it's back to being cold again. Might snow during weekend. You can't win.

I can't believe it's going to snow on my day off. Old man winter tryna stick it to us one last time. I'll be home watching Final Round anyway.

WAT? As much as I love FR being like a mini EVO, don't these guys think it's better to not attend the one that every other top player is going to.

The smart move would be to go to a tournament where there's lesser talent, but those players may also be thinking of doing the same thing, so there's really no guarantees, especially now with r/Kappa moneyhatting people. And I'm sure most want to be at Final Round because it's Final Round, and or use Final Round as an opportunity to gain some valuable experience.

It's just good to see that there's so much talent in the building for both SF and Marvel.

Shouta

I forgot to clear my cookies while looking for flights. That made looking for flights for Q much cheaper, lol.

FourMyle

Who you guys like to win SF at FR?

I like Fuudo.

Always Daigo of course, but I also want Kazunoko to win.

Momochi has been playing so fucking good lately that it really wouldn't surprise me if he takes 1st at FR as well lol.

For Americans I also really want PR Rog to make at least top 8 because he's always done well vs international competition and has caused a lot of upsets over the years. Very fun to watch him.

Does anyone know if Snake Eyez is heading to FR? because I would like to see him make top 8 too. He destroyed Tokido at SXSW :p

That's not even a good matchup for yang

Doesn't matter. The guy loses all the time on the show regardless of who he is playing. The funny thing is that Bonchan mentioned the same thing and then mago lost right after.

Mago and Tokido are heading to hypespotting. I know Xian is also going to hypespotting.

Bonchan is going to NCR.

i would like to see tokido win fr as he hasn't won a big sf4 tournament for a really long time.

I think the last one he won was that SF4 x Pachinco event where he beat Daigo in the finals 5-2 or 5-3.

pixelish

i would like to see tokido win fr as he hasn't won a big sf4 tournament for a really long time.

EDIT:
Doesn't matter. The guy loses all the time on the show regardless of who he is playing. The funny thing is that Bonchan mentioned the same thing and then mago lost right after.

Mago and Tokido are heading to hypespotting. I know Xian is also going to hypespotting.

Bonchan is going to NCR.
may i know the source of this info? them going to hypespotting might finally be the reason for me to go to hypespotting.

Devid905

wbacon provided update for USF4 Steam users:
Hello USFIV players,

We’ve been working together with Valve to improve some of the netcode issues PC players are experiencing with Ultra Street Fighter IV. We recently implemented a change which is now live in the Steam Beta Client.

To subscribe to the beta release, go to [Steam->Settings, Beta participation]. If it doesn't say "Steam Beta Update", click the [Change...] button, and select the Steam Beta Update and let it update. Then, select [Steam->Check for Steam Client Updates] to make sure you have the latest update, and then check [Help->About] and make sure the "Built" string is greater than or equal to Mar 13 2015.

-Capcom Fighting Team
http://steamcommunity.com/app/45760/discussions/0/611701360819092522/

Top Bottom