• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Mar 16-22 | Mo Money, Momochi

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Happy Birthday Sp00ky.

i06MObDaOenB6.gif

Nyoro SF

Even though that one guy didn't mean it in that way, it definitely was worded poorly lol

Either way, there's always going to be that one guy that'll bring up melee, and that one guy rallying a smash 4 defense force, and then things get messy.

To be honest I'm used to the carnage to the point where I skim over the confrontational posts and just hope people post cool links lol

Tomorrow NRS is doing another stream at 3 pm central. "Whips, sais, and a little surprise" is the theme. I will be on it!
Do you know if the netcode will be discussed at some point? I am 50/50 on the game right now, and this would push me toward or away from purchasing it.

Crocodile

Any time there's a thread that involves melee and brawl/4, people like to be stupid, no matter the thread or forum...

I can't escape it.

This is the reason why I avoid a lot of Smash threads nowadays. I like Melee. I like Smash 4. I just want everybody to hold hands, get along and be happy :(

.la1n

Tomorrow NRS is doing another stream at 3 pm central. "Whips, sais, and a little surprise" is the theme. I will be on it!

If you get a chance to demonstrate show some good combos please. I am having a difficult time grasping variations and how they effect match ups based on the limited knowledge of the people speaking on it combined with their inability to demonstrate it in game play. Nothing against them, I don't expect them to be pro players but it would be nice if while they are rambling we could at least have someone that does know how to play showing off game play.

Do you know if the netcode will be discussed at some point? I am 50/50 on the game right now, and this would push me toward or away from purchasing it.

That's me as well. Hopefully we won't have to wait until release to find out if it's ass but it's looking like we might have to. Not that I would expect any developer to admit that the net code wasn't a priority.

Rhapsody

Banned
I did the Momochi OS in training mode since I was bored. Not too hard since I used to DP+throw tech OS.

Also you don't really plink the inputs either (not that Momochi did). If you do, you'll get an EX.

Guess we know who's getting the belt already :v

This is the reason why I avoid a lot of Smash threads nowadays. I like Melee. I like Smash 4. I just want everybody to hold hands, get along and be happy :(

There is a higher chance of NRS and SNK games getting GGPO quality netcode than of that ever happening

kirblar

Antonio Javier ‏@CoolGrayAJ 3h3 hours ago

So you don't invite my player, he wins his THIRD international in a row, publish an article about it and STILL dont invite him? 100% dogshit
Momochi winning the LCQ would be awesome.

Momochi winning the LCQ would be awesome.

He's wrong about Momochi winning a 3rd consecutive tournament. Momochi lost the Cannes Winter Clash qualifier in Japan. It's only been 2 straight.

Or maybe that's why he specifically used the word international since only japanese monsters entered that tournament.

First time I've managed to watch NLBC in weeks, gosh school sucks and gosh I'm glad to be done

Is Lingo from the area and is just new to NLBC? Haven't seen him before

Or is he one of the Japanese players that came out like I read about

Horseress

First time I've managed to watch NLBC in weeks, gosh school sucks and gosh I'm glad to be done

Is Lingo from the area and is just new to NLBC? Haven't seen him before

Or is he one of the Japanese players that came out like I read about

Yep, one of the Japanese players, nº 1 Gouken in Japan IIRC

MrDaravon

Had no idea they were doing a Curleh Mustache at Final Round. Anyone know if it's teams or not? They seem to always have ridiculous scheduling issues whenever they do teams for CM :/

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Something that's really interesting to me about that Momochi OS is how in hindsight, it seems like such an obvious exploit of the input buffer system. Yet there are hella people who act like they had no idea.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
They need to get the word out better when they're doing a Curleh. I didn't know it was teams either.
It's been several Curlehs now where I feel like they've been slacking at promoting it. It was always supposed to a special, different and non-regular sort of event series.

Anne

I haven't seen any 1.1 logs yet. It's always a toss up if we even get one.

Also Ain is just doing shit and People don't know how to fight it or what's going on lol it's day one.

Top Bottom