• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 1-7 | Opponent-Based Action Games Weekly

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Lol just passed out and dreamed that the dentist prescribed boss battles and it said fight one every hour til empty on the bottle.

that was weird

Uraizen

Banned
You'll be fiiiine, Q. Life is full of unfair bullshit. Just keep doing what you do best.

Did they at least prescribe you some xanax or valium to help you sleep or make the pain more tolerable? In addition to pain killers, of course.

Astarte

Q, stay strong. I got my teeth pulled by a backalley "totally legit" Korean dentist and my mouth was fucked up for a year so I know your pain. Actually, yours might be worse.

Nothing wrong with being a loyalist in itself, but you lose me once you start making comments about counter-picking being a "scumbag tactic" and wanting to struggle through bad matchups out of straight loyalty. I find that a bit scrubby.

I'm with you that a character loyalist shouldn't criticize someone for counter picking. That is the burden of being a loyalist. But insisting on playing through bad matchups isn't scrubby, it's admirable. Someone has to push the character by playing those matches. A lot of loyalists probably don't enjoy the game without playing their character, so the bad match is more fun anyway.

smurfx

get some go again
people should pick the characters they like. 99.9% of you aren't ever going to win a tournament so why pick top tier always if you don't like the character?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Adol Christin M.D
Lol I think it was actually valgrun or whatever the first boss in ys2 and second boss in origins name was if I remember right.

Thanks guys. On a related note I just tripped and almost fucked up my knee bad and in the process opening my wounds that were almost healed up. Yay blood.

Thankfully one of my roommates heard me cry out in agony and helped me up x.x

mbpm1

Lol I think it was actually valgrun or whatever the first boss in ys2 and second boss in origins name was if I remember right.

Thanks guys. On a related note I just tripped and almost fucked up my knee bad and in the process opening my wounds that were almost healed up. Yay blood.

Thankfully one of my roommates heard me cry out in agony and helped me up x.x

Yo be careful. You were almost stunned! Just keep blocking for a bit

Beesuit

Hang in there Q. Keep playing it safe, time that shit out and you'll be able to kick it fresh next round in no time.
tup.gif

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Kadey?

Stay gold, pony boy...stay gold
LOL wtf

Reading Q's stories makes me want to go brush my teeth.

I would never trust a doctor that has suffered as much head trauma as Adol has.
Yeah but just imagine how fast he would get things done. The downside is that dogi would be his assistant
Need, man. Serious.

You also need a documentary crew next evo.

(So you better win something)

You already have our admiration so dont sweat it tho ^_^
Seeing how it's going to be GG year next year, kicking ass is part of the plan :)

I know USFIV has a lot of missteps, but to drop the game when you were pro before is an odd decision.

people should pick the characters they like. 99.9% of you aren't ever going to win a tournament so why pick top tier always if you don't like the character?
I pick who I like (still maining Blanka), but I think the answer to this is simple: winning is also fun, and the top tiers are generally easier to win with. Why master X-23, your favorite comic book heroine, when you can choose Wolverine and Berserker Slash your way to victory?

If you are not having fun anymore no point in pushing yourself to play. I stopped playing BB until BBCP came out because I found it dull as hell
Eh, I have never had fun with Street Fighter, but I acknowledge that it improves my fighting game skills in ways that Marvel can't, so I still play it. :p

i think if anyone has a right to complain about SF4 is a guy that's one of the best in it

wolfkrone has been hating on the game since it came out actually. It's good that he finally dropped it so he won't have to talk abut it on fb anymore and I won't get anymore messages about it lol

NEO0MJ

I agree with this, but sometimes the best characters also happen to bbe some of the more interesting and fun ones to play with. Eddie from GG for example. At least, I think he was the top character once.

.la1n

I know USFIV has a lot of missteps, but to drop the game when you were pro before is an odd decision.

I pick who I like (still maining Blanka), but I think the answer to this is simple: winning is also fun, and the top tiers are generally easier to win with. Why master X-23, your favorite comic book heroine, when you can choose Wolverine and Berserker Slash your way to victory?

While I'm personally burned out on SF IV it's by no fault of the Ultra patch itself. The game has just gotten stale as most games do for as long as it's been out. I can understand not dedicating much time to it because of that but because of system changes? Nah.

And I'm definitely not about about to crush a disc for a twitter picture, that's throwing money away.

onionfrog

I hope you feel better Q!

I haven't burnt myself out on USF4 since I completely skipped Super and only played a bit of AE.
Capcom really needs to add trials, fix new character hurtboxes and fix PC online tho!

I'm interested to see what new game they're working on with dimps

That's some grisly stuff, Q. I hope you can get through the rest of that procedure less painfully.

Daigo is going to the Taiwan qualifier this weekend.

So Daigo, HumanBomb and Xian are all going, and Gamerbee and RB are going to hold down the fort. Sounds great.

Top Bottom