• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 1-7 | Opponent-Based Action Games Weekly

What's wrong with being a character loyalist?

Iron Man sucks.

Real talk I think character loyalist are probably the best training partners because you can learn the match up to perfection. U.S needs more character loyalist so the top tier players can finally win EVO.

MrDaravon

Wow, I had no idea WCW was this weekend until today or that the FChamp/Nemo match was happening there. I feel like Champ has got this, but I don't think I honestly see Nemo play enough to make an educated guess. Should be damn entertaining if nothing else.

Kimosabae

Banned
What's wrong with being a character loyalist?

Nothing wrong with being a loyalist in itself, but you lose me once you start making comments about counter-picking being a "scumbag tactic" and wanting to struggle through bad matchups out of straight loyalty. I find that a bit scrubby.

He's Caribbean he has to play Deejay.

I'm Jamaican also, and I find Deejay a disgrace, honestly. I actually consider any Jamaican willing to play him insulting.

Only half-joking.

Infinite

Nothing wrong with being a loyalist in itself, but you lose me once you start making comments about counter-picking being a "scumbag tactic" and wanting to struggle through bad matchups out of straight loyalty. I find that a bit scrubby.

He probably wasn't being serious when he said that, I'm sure he wasn't.

Kimosabae

Banned
He probably wasn't being serious when he said that, I'm sure he wasn't.

Eh, maybe, but I've heard him express sentiments like that out more than one occasion and it's typical of many character loyalists. Plus, the proof is in the pudding - he doesn't play other characters seriously.

Infinite

'm Jamaican also, and I find Deejay a disgrace, honestly. I actually consider any Jamaican willing to play him insulting.

Only half-joking.

I'm trini and I can't bring myself to look at the character

Eh, maybe, but I've heard him express sentiments like that out more than one occasion and it's typical of many character loyalists. Plus, the proof is in the pudding - he doesn't play other characters seriously.

I see. I wouldn't ague with you there anyway. Thinking like that is pretty scrubby.

Zissou

Another reason why I am betting on FChamp. Nemo is a bit more focused on playing Ultra/GGXrd which means less focus on Marvel.

Also while Nemo has a training partner who plays FChamp's team, it's not at the same level and FChamp himself has numerous team Nemo players to train with (Combofiend/Yipes have both helped FChamp prepare for team Nemo in the past).

Finally, FChamp has improved his game where as Nemo has largely remained the same. It should still be a good match though... but I like FChamp taking it.

I don't think Nemo is actively playing Xrd at the moment (AFAIK). You're right though that he seems very focused on Ultra.

smurfx

get some go again
Another reason why I am betting on FChamp. Nemo is a bit more focused on playing Ultra/GGXrd which means less focus on Marvel.

Also while Nemo has a training partner who plays FChamp's team, it's not at the same level and FChamp himself has numerous team Nemo players to train with (Combofiend/Yipes have both helped FChamp prepare for team Nemo in the past).

Finally, FChamp has improved his game where as Nemo has largely remained the same. It should still be a good match though... but I like FChamp taking it.
you say nobody plays champs team like him but does anybody play nemo's team like him? yipes might play it but it's nowhere near nemo's level. nemo might be playing other games but that doesn't mean he isn't putting in significant time into the match up with champ.

Mr. X

This FChamp vs Nemo match was planned to be when Nemo would be spread thin. Very shady from Champ's camp.

is it true that some former DS staff is at Arc?
Highly probable. Capcom had a fallout in the mid-90s with some artists and FG dev talent with the decline of 2D fighters. Some went to SNK or ASW and some SNK went to ASW. I'm sure a lot of personnel who still wanted to make 2D fighters/art/sprites kept leaving Capcom to those companies as well.

What's that non-Twitch version of the Twitch app called? Had to wipe and re-do my phone, and I can't recall it.

Streamie?

Zissou

you say nobody plays champs team like him but does anybody play nemo's team like him? yipes might play it but it's nowhere near nemo's level. nemo might be playing other games but that doesn't mean he isn't putting in significant time into the match up with champ.

I think you could argue Yipesplays team Nemo around as well (a bit worse, but a HUGE difference) as Nemo, just in a very differerent style. I think Nemo's training partner is not so different from FChamp in overall style, but he's nowhere near FChamp's level.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Someone kill me please, just had half the teeth in my mouth removed and doing the other half tomorrow. The pain is real, the nausea from blood loss is real... ugh

I would definitely be unconscious if I were you, Q. I had an impacted wisdom tooth removed and just forced myself to sleep for two days.

Azure J

Damn Q :(

Do they still stream UNiEL at NLBC? I keep missing it doing all kinds of stuff and when I get back it's usually finals of Ultra.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The worst part of it today was my gag reflex kicked in at one point and my weak ass muscles had a hard time recovering to a normal state. They had to bring out oxygen x.x

hampig

Hey, never posted here and kind of came in here on a whim considering a purchase I'm about to make tomorrow. I have the Injustice fight stick for the 360 and the diagonals hardly pick up. I'm going to buy a Seimitsu LS 32 and an octagonal restrictor gate to throw into it tomorrow in hopes of fixing it. Any chance of this fixing my problem or should I be looking at a different part?

Tik-Tok

Are they gonna give you Dentures Q?

Hey, never posted here and kind of came in here on a whim considering a purchase I'm about to make tomorrow. I have the Injustice fight stick for the 360 and the diagonals hardly pick up. I'm going to buy a Seimitsu LS 32 and an octagonal restrictor gate to throw into it tomorrow in hopes of fixing it. Any chance of this fixing my problem or should I be looking at a different part?

Just so you know an Octo-Gate registeres diagonals much worse than a regular square gate.

Damn it Q, stay alive long enough for me to kick your ass in BlazBlue with Nine.
Just like I did with point Dormammu in Marvel.

Not sure how much research you've put into the stick itself but based in a cursory Google search you may have to put in a bit more work to upgrade it:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/174669/injustice-gods-among-us-battle-edition-arcade-stick

But more to your question, if the Injustice stick is anything like the WWE Brawl stick replacing the stock lever with an actual one is going to make a world of difference.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Nothing severe like what you are going through but my daughters tooth got infected after a nasty fall. Had to be removed. Been flossing and brushing her teeth everyday since then.
Haha that reminds me of my mom. I had an ear infection as an infant and after that she always wanted to make sure they were clean

I won't die, I need to go to EVO again :) I actually got something important to do

birdman-rubbing-hands.gif

GO GET IT Q!

hampig

Not sure how much research you've put into the stick itself but based in a cursory Google search you may have to put in a bit more work to upgrade it:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/174669/injustice-gods-among-us-battle-edition-arcade-stick

But more to your question, if the Injustice stick is anything like the WWE Brawl stick replacing the stock lever with an actual one is going to make a world of difference.

I have done a little bit of research, enough to know that the stick I'm lookin into getting will fit at least. That post is interesting though, and could be pretty useful when I open it up. I'm interested to give modding it a go. It will be my first time tinkering with this stuff.

PK Gaming

Really sucks to hear that Q.

It's definitely a scary thing to lose all of your teeth like that. It doesn't count for much, but I really hope you can pull through.

Top Bottom