• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 1-7 | Opponent-Based Action Games Weekly

Beckx

On the brightside, gonna have a nice grill thanks to the dentures after this is done. Make sure they get you some that's blinged out.

iwWeSlSRTB4Qd.png

El Sloth

Banned
I am still trying desperately to throw my money at someone running FGC events to try to sponsor something ongoing or a big tournament with no luck.

Since EC / Sp00ky dont need money can you recommend someone on the West Coast that might be a good sponsorship opportunity? We're really looking forward to partnering and trying to do something official.

Appreciate any advice.
East Coast doesn't need money? What makes you say that?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I have three requirements.

You have to own an arcade.

You have to live in Texas.

You have to have a big.............

CurlyW

/Astroturf alert(kinda)

A question for you all; who would you consider the more reputable fighting game streamers? Not necessarily the biggest, but fairly respected.

I can't say anything more regarding why I'm asking, sadly, but just figured this would be the best place to ask.

Apart from the ones already mentioned:

PandaxGaming (http://www.twitch.tv/pandaxgaming). Streams occasional online and offline events and runs a 24-hour USF4 lobby.

VGBootCamp (http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp). Streams Smash Bros. exclusively now, but has done general fighting games in the past. The premier Smash Bros. stream.

BG Callisto (http://www.twitch.tv/bgcallisto). Streamed NRS & 3D games for us at UFGTX. Normally an all-purpose FGC streamer though.

Nobodyexe (http://www.twitch.tv/nobodyexe). Streamed anime games for us at UFGTX.

Sixfortyfive (http://www.twitch.tv/sixfortyfive). Has streamed at Final Round and various events in the south.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
When it comes to top tier streams/streamers, it's no doubt Sp00ky and LevelUp at the very top.
The next tier would be people/places like Art, WorstGiefEver, CameraMan, FinestKO, IPW, IEB, etc.

jbug617

Banned
Big E made an announcement for the NRS players for NEC.

Injustice: Free Entry, $1,000 Pot and Free round trip ticket to Final Round. Cap is 128
MK: Free Entry and $500 Pot. Cap is 64

Rhapsody

Banned
After being disinterested in Xrd for the past month or two, my interest in it is back.

Only 3 more months to go.

I really hope the PS3 version really does run flawlessly, despite the promise of the only difference being only 720p.

Nyoro SF

After being disinterested in Xrd for the past month or two, my interest in it is back.

I really hope the PS3 version really does run flawlessly, despite the promise of the only difference being only 720p.

I'm not chancing laggy stages, so I suppose I'm going to buy a PS4 for it.

A lot of financial anguish would be avoided for me if it was released for PC. :(

Is there a modding service to make a stick usable on PS4 yet or do I have to rip the guts out of a controller and shove it into my arcade stick? heh

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm not chancing laggy stages, so I suppose I'm going to buy a PS4 for it.

A lot of financial anguish would be avoided for me if it was released for PC. :(

Is there a modding service to make a stick usable on PS4 yet or do I have to rip the guts out of a controller and shove it into my arcade stick? heh

Yeah. I mean, I'm worried mostly because of the slowdowns in BBCP from just particle effects. I guess at worst, I can play that Xrd tournament stage since that doesn't have a lot going on, but there are a lot of nice pretty stages.

PC port would be nice. I've been meaning to get a new laptop. While I know laptops aren't amazing for gaming, I can still get decent specs not to mention fighting games aren't too demanding.

Looking forward to this.

Going PS3 as well

#poverty

I'm kinda pissed that I gotta pick up a new stick if I want to get it for ps4. I'll probably get the hori stick since it comes with the hyabusa/kuro buttons.

I'm kinda pissed that I gotta pick up a new stick if I want to get it for ps4. I'll probably get the hori stick since it comes with the hyabusa/kuro buttons.
Has Hori talked about making their PS3 sticks PS4 compatible?

I don't understand why some companies are able to make their PS3 stuff PS4 compatible, but others aren't.

smurfx

get some go again
/Astroturf alert(kinda)

A question for you all; who would you consider the more reputable fighting game streamers? Not necessarily the biggest, but fairly respected.

I can't say anything more regarding why I'm asking, sadly, but just figured this would be the best place to ask.
you can also try to contact super arcade since they also stream various kinds of tournaments. they recently made a channel.

https://twitter.com/SuperDojo

I am still trying desperately to throw my money at someone running FGC events to try to sponsor something ongoing or a big tournament with no luck.

Since EC / Sp00ky dont need money can you recommend someone on the West Coast that might be a good sponsorship opportunity? We're really looking forward to partnering and trying to do something official.

Appreciate any advice.
lol are you serious? what makes you think spooky doesn't need more money? dude works hard and he is the biggest weekly streamer so he is the best opportunity if you really wanted to sponsor something ongoing.

vulva

I don't understand why some companies are able to make their PS3 stuff PS4 compatible, but others aren't.

When I spoke with a Hori rep at E3 about if their PS3 sticks would work on PS4 I was basically told to buy one of their PS4 sticks haha.

I respect the hustle though.

/Astroturf alert(kinda)

I would recommend Team Spooky or FinestKO if this has something to do with your line of work.

That's fine. Ultra is out anyway. Kappa

Just because it's Cowboy Bebop, that makes it even more amazing. Brilliant!

I just ordered a CronusMax because that stupidity. I own an Xbox One and can't use Xbox controllers/Arcade Stick because MadCatz struck a deal with Microsoft.

Is Xian going there for gatekeeping purposes, or is it just to commentate?

He mentioned on Twitter that he'd be commentating and playing. I don't know if he intends to act as a gatekeeper, though. My guess is that he's just there to place high and get money, like Horseress said.

Rhapsody

Banned
What are your impressions of Marie in ultimax?

I haven't been able to go to my friend's that has a CFW PS3. From the sounds of everything though, I think she's going to be broken. She has a lot of good tools and normals.

Speaking of Ultimax, the wait for the english version is hard.
Been tempted to buy it, but I have to be selective on what I'm buying lately :/

Top Bottom