• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 1-7 | Opponent-Based Action Games Weekly

Nyoro SF

finally can eat not bleeding as bad
71ElsqBB7xL._SX425_.jpg

my breakfast xD

Going back at 4, x.x feel even more nervous x.x

Start playing Marvel as an anesthetic

No seriously hang in there Q ;_;

El Sloth

Banned
people should pick the characters they like. 99.9% of you aren't ever going to win a tournament so why pick top tier always if you don't like the character?
Some people enjoy winning more in general? Maybe it's because the particular top tiers in the game aren't hard to play or maybe they just don't want to work very hard for their wins. Ever consider the characters some people might like are the ones who seem most likely to end up top tier? I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with wanting to play as the best. However, I do think people shouldn't feel forced to play top tiers if that's not what they're about.

Well, I just play characters I like. Or characters whose playstyles appeal to me the most and then learn to love the rest of the character.

LOL wtf

Yeah but just imagine how fast he would get things done. The downside is that dogi would be his assistant

Seeing how it's going to be GG year next year, kicking ass is part of the plan :)

aim big or go home q. we all rooting for you

the kadey part lol

Did I not say "cry more"? Was my post somehow not relevant to this thread? I'm not sure what you're getting at, anytime chris g tweets it gets posted in here.

i read it as you complaining about him being salty and his "incessant whining"

but that's odd to me, when on the internet the only reason to know about such things is if you're subjecting yourself to them

and it isn't that your post isn't relevant, it's just that there'd be nothing lost if you hadn't posted about it, the same as the vast majority of tweets that get posted here

Imm0rt4l

i read it as you complaining about him being salty and his "incessant whining"

but that's odd to me, when on the internet the only reason to know about such things is if you're subjecting yourself to them

and it isn't that your post isn't relevant, it's just that there'd be nothing lost if you hadn't posted about it, the same as the vast majority of tweets that get posted here

The same could be said for anyone posting in this thread. So I guess you should just stick to playing games and not discussing the fighting game community.

/Astroturf alert(kinda)

A question for you all; who would you consider the more reputable fighting game streamers? Not necessarily the biggest, but fairly respected.

I can't say anything more regarding why I'm asking, sadly, but just figured this would be the best place to ask.

Horseress

Is Xian going there for gatekeeping purposes, or is it just to commentate?

Well, there's a price pot, he's probably there for the money

/Astroturf alert(kinda)

A question for you all; who would you consider the more reputable fighting game streamers? Not necessarily the biggest, but fairly respected.

I can't say anything more regarding why I'm asking, sadly, but just figured this would be the best place to ask.

Spooky

.la1n

/Astroturf alert(kinda)

Alex Valle / Spooky

/Astroturf alert(kinda)

www.twitch.tv/leveluplive
www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky
www.twitch.tv/iplaywinner

Also in regards to FGC media production in general in would be best to contact this guy

https://twitter.com/chrisceg/

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jaxel too? I know he's had riffs with different communities but he's helped out a lot of streamers.

Nyoro SF

/Astroturf alert(kinda)

LevelUpLive (Alex Valle) and Spooky.

If you're going to host an Xrd event, check out Super Arcade and ask for an event on Saturday. Atlus did this with Persona 4 Arena Ultimax and it was a rousing success (but please bring as many demo copies of the game as possible). :)

Krassus

www.twitch.tv/leveluplive
www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky
www.twitch.tv/iplaywinner

Also in regards to FGC media production in general in would be best to contact this guy

https://twitter.com/chrisceg/

I am still trying desperately to throw my money at someone running FGC events to try to sponsor something ongoing or a big tournament with no luck.

Since EC / Sp00ky dont need money can you recommend someone on the West Coast that might be a good sponsorship opportunity? We're really looking forward to partnering and trying to do something official.

Appreciate any advice.

Shouta

Damn. Sorry to hear about the gum infection Q. That sounds awful. D=

On the brightside, gonna have a nice grill thanks to the dentures after this is done. Make sure they get you some that's blinged out.

The same could be said for anyone posting in this thread. So I guess you should just stick to playing games and not discussing the fighting game community.

Except for the fact that when I browse the thread, I shouldn't expect nonsense about pointless drama or complaining about pros being salty, because that's not what the thread is supposed to be for, whereas on Twitter and Facebook those things are perfectly at home.

The other thing is that if your posts were really grating, instead of shunning the entire thread I'd just put you on ignore, just like if krone's saltiness were really grating you'd do the same.

/Astroturf alert(kinda)

crosscounter always looks legit

arturo's on point

6:45 does good stuff too, yea?

it feels surprisingly hard to name streamers

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Damn. Sorry to hear about the gum infection Q. That sounds awful. D=

On the brightside, gonna have a nice grill thanks to the dentures after this is done. Make sure they get you some that's blinged out.
Haha my friend was joking about this yesterday when he took me xD
I really like FinestKO for anime games. Their quality is pretty good. I like their layouts and everything as well
I agree

Thanks for the replies, all. Will start looking into things. Hopefully I can start talking about stuff in some kind of detail, but for right now all I can say is...

Please be excited.

pixelish

Except for the fact that when I browse the thread, I shouldn't expect nonsense about pointless drama or complaining about pros being salty, because that's not what the thread is supposed to be for, whereas on Twitter and Facebook those things are perfectly at home.

The other thing is that if your posts were really grating, instead of shunning the entire thread I'd just put you on ignore, just like if krone's saltiness were really grating you'd do the same.
is this the general consensus of what not to post on fgw? if it's indeed true, i'll stop posting links to tweets of people from the fgc and random fgc-related images.

Imm0rt4l

whatever dude. I'm sharing this because it's relevant, doesn't seem to bother anyone else here. I'm posting for our collective amusement. This is hardly 'drama'....and if you think you can expect no drama in an fgc thread then I don't know what to tell you haha. You shouldn't hold any allusions that this thread doesn't cover drama...see anytime people watch that stupid onblastshow. Complaining about something so minuscule that it wouldn't even register a blip in terms of fgc drama is odd.

What happened to krone? I thought viper was still good in ultra.

I think delayed wakeup borked his autopilot.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't mind silly stuff like that, I only get annoyed at triforce related stuff or when obs covers something dumb and every promotes it

I am still trying desperately to throw my money at someone running FGC events to try to sponsor something ongoing or a big tournament with no luck.

Since EC / Sp00ky dont need money can you recommend someone on the West Coast that might be a good sponsorship opportunity? We're really looking forward to partnering and trying to do something official.

Appreciate any advice.

Sorry, this is kind of vague. Also, why wouldn't EC need the partnership?

If you're looking at west coast specifically, there are the established TOs:

www.twitter.com/alexvallesf4
www.twitter.com/kineda
www.twitter.com/johnchoiboy

for on going events, there's the lesser known new sponsor in WC trying to start monthly events:
https://twitter.com/macromicrogames
and Joe Flores who occasionally runs events at milpitas golfland
https://twitter.com/CPS_IV

jbug617

Banned
The big 3 streamers are:

Spooky (EC)
Level Up (So Cal)
IPW (Nor Cal)

For smaller guys:

NYCFurby (with the right commentary for anime)
Funky P
Finest KO
Team Khaos

Shingin

Appreciate any advice.

If your looking to plan a event feel free to contact us http://www.levelup-series.com/contact/ or you can take this to DMs on here.

remist

/Astroturf alert(kinda)

In addition to streams already mentioned. Jyosua(West Coast) and TeamTigre(East Coast) are high quality and very passionate anime/airdasher streamers that are a little on the smaller side.

Top Bottom