• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 1-7 | Opponent-Based Action Games Weekly

The GGXXnet netplay patch has been made to work on the Steam version of #Reload. It's the same good old patch, so everyone still plays on the standard servers.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I suspect that certain characters (basically the licensed characters Nintendo doesn't have completely control over), part of the arrangement is that they are probably limited in how they can alter the look of those characters. I'm going to guess that the Pokemon in the game have a similar issue, since I doubt The Pokemon Company would be thrilled with having a green Pikachu running around.

It's the same issue Capcom ran into with creating alt. colors in MvC3 -- Marvel had to sign off on all of them for the Marvel characters.
Yeah, but I don't think it was ever an issue with MvC3. They had tons of palettes to pull from and making them series or source-relevant made that even better. Every single alt in that game had a story behind it, and they even explicitly mentioned that they had to be distinguishable enough to make the cut. I think the worst they got was two of the Vergil alts looking similar, but for the most part they did well. IIRC they even discussed their rationale for Virgils with different accent colours on the blue. Less of an issue in 2 player games anyways.

Pikachu I sort of understand, as it's a small character model already, Pikachu is much more sacred than Charizard or Lucario or Grenunja, and our Pikablu dreams will forever be cockblocked. I think the alts were just barely passable in Brawl, from the few times I remember multiple people choosing Pikachu.

Am I wrong in expecting (or at least hoping) for SSB4 to have decent netcode? Namco's handling most of the development, and most of their recent games (SC5, TTT2/TRevo, Gundam EXVS(FB)) have been alright online -- a hell of a lot better than Brawl was, anyway. The Tekken games seemed to handle wireless connections about as well as you reasonably can, as well.
I think it's going to suck, at least on 3DS. It's still ultimately Sakurai's game, and a game like Smash especially requires tracking of much more than in most 3D fighters (except maybe Gundam?). Best to set your expectations underground.

I think servers will be fine though, Nintendo seems well prepared when it comes to that stuff, and I don't think they've ever slipped.

Bit unrealistic.

Daigo reaching grand finals just isn't going to happen.

The things is, if Capcom turn around and deliver v.2015 with an A tier Honda (hopefully they put some serious work into him* and Dee Jay this time), I would honestly not be surprised to see Mike Ross go far in that version. He is a good player.

*U2 instant after the superflash and more damage on a few of his options. That's all he needs.

.la1n

So I've completely missed West Coast Warzone up to this point, was levelup the only stream or were their alternate streams?

Westlo

Caught the taiwan replay.... good guy CameraMan has to be the worst commentator I've heard in the entire history of SFIV commentary.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Talk about bad luck one of my stitches caused a small blister :(

I wonder when they will show footage of the new Xrd characters

Sayad

This whole situation is scary, do you get phantom pain Q?

They already said both Xrd characters are playable at TGS.

Sayah

I started watching Pokemon Black and White on Netflix because of Pokken.

Also, fun fact. Scary Movie 2 and 3 are listed under the horror section on Netflix, LOLOLOL.

Caught the taiwan replay.... good guy CameraMan has to be the worst commentator I've heard in the entire history of SFIV commentary.

If what he said is true than I can't really hate on him too much. He tried his best, his best wasn't good enough for most people but he was stuck in a shitty situation where he was forced to go at it alone. Like he said, the RZR lady wouldn't allow anybody else to jump on besides he and Xian and Xian wanted to concentrate on playing thus forcing Cameraman to go at it alone.

Honestly he seemed kind of resentful towards that RZR lady for forcing him into this situation because he kept bringing her up. Pretty much telling people it's her fault and not his for them having to deal with his commentary. I didn't enjoy it but I can stomach bad commentary from almost anybody and I didn't mind him so much especially considering the situation he was in.

The opening Scary Movie (1) sequence is still insane.

Real talk, the Japanese talking scene was fucking hilarious and the best part of Scary Movie 4 easily. My friends and I(all Asian) were cracking up real bad. White people on the other hand....well pretty much we were the only ones laughing. So either none of them found it funny or they all thought they were listening to a real Japanese conversation.

Rhapsody

Banned
I actually stuck with the Pokemon anime for so long surprisingly.

I mostly stopped because of the VA cast change and it being on Cartoon Network.

I guess that makes it right before D/P started.

Astarte

I started watching Pokemon Black and White on Netflix because of Pokken.

Also, fun fact. Scary Movie 2 and 3 are listed under the horror section on Netflix, LOLOLOL.

I never knew Scary Movie was a parody movie so I was really confused when I sat through it in theaters.

Sayah

The alien finger thing made you forget how bad the rest was

Maybe, haha.

It's never okay to watch the Pokemon anime.

I'm only really doing it to get some familiarity with the more recent generation of Pokemon. The show gives the Pokemon a bit more personality.

My familiarity with Pokemon ends after Generation 3.

And it's not bad. It's okay.

I never knew Scary Movie was a parody movie so I was really confused when I sat through it in theaters.

It seems that in order to get the jokes, you have to have watched at least some of the horror movies it is doing a parody of.

Azure J

So Beef, how are you feeling about those Marth nerfs all being confirmed fake on top of confirmation from the real source saying that Marth is better than his Brawl self with a somewhat shorter sword?

Top Bottom