• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 1-7 | Opponent-Based Action Games Weekly

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
iwa3ggZ.jpg

#rpgshit4esports

Nyoro SF

I don't want to buy an amiibo of a character only to find out they're low tier. So I'm just going to wait until the game releases on Wii U before I consider buying one.

#SanfordToyStrats

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It would be ok if it had a disjointed hitbox that extended three captain falcons in front of him, had a vacuum effect, and couldn't sourspot.

Kumubou

Have some easy weekend reading about the new Smash. I think this was posted in one of the SSB threads here but I don't recall seeing it here, lower my Pikachu if old etc. etc.. Don't know how much in this document has been vetted, but it sounds decent enough overall.

Maybe it's power has gone up to match the recovery?
The document I linked mentioned that his knee has a ton of recovery now but it also got a massive damage buff.

If accurate, game dropped (not really, but still this sucks) http://abload.de/img/kneelandinglag18jdv.gif
R.I.P THE KNEE

So when it's driving does it go "Maaaaaaarvel!?"

Have some easy weekend reading about the new Smash. I think this was posted in one of the SSB threads here but I don't recall seeing it here, lower my Pikachu if old etc. etc.. Don't know how much in this document has been vetted, but it sounds decent enough overall.

The document I linked mentioned that his knee has a ton of recovery now but it also got a massive damage buff.

I preferred it the way it was. But I guess it's less "spammy" now.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Captain Falcon
I noticed his up-air is not as spammy as in melee. It was kind of given the Marth treatment (fair nerf).

God damn it that was his secret best move

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Who cares, if you want Falcon Knees in 2014, you'll be buying Destiny.

Anyways, I feel like if I wanted a Wii U, I'd probably splurge on Amiibos too. Not like anyone right now is buying them because of their game integration though. Nintendo purposely hasn't said shit about any of that and people are still buying them in spades.

It's also why if I had money I'd probably buy all the Infinity stuff.

Busaiku

They said what they'd do in Super Smash Bros.
Just suped up CPU opponents.

Standard game has up to 9, Amiibo takes it to 50.

Marz

Sheik impressions- "She feels like a melee character"

Really man no info on grenades and how they work or on the new recovery move?

Feel like with grenades and needles Sheik could have a really strong zoning game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
They said what they'd do in Super Smash Bros.
Just suped up CPU opponents.

Standard game has up to 9, Amiibo takes it to 50.
Right, now I remember, the whole dropping characters into existing matches thing. I remember it being lamer than I could possibly imagine too.

Key thing here is everyone is secretly FigureGAF.

Crocodile

*scratches head* There's a weird air of victim complex in thread right now.........though I suppose it kind of goes both ways LOL

Who cares, if you want Falcon Knees in 2014, you'll be buying Destiny.

Anyways, I feel like if I wanted a Wii U, I'd probably splurge on Amiibos too. Not like anyone right now is buying them because of their game integration though. Nintendo purposely hasn't said shit about any of that and people are still buying them in spades.

It's also why if I had money I'd probably buy all the Infinity stuff.

Heck, I have my figures already pre-ordered. Link and Mario hype!

Uraizen

Banned
I know it would never happen but I would love to see xrd, BBCP2, uniel, and ultimax all at evo if they all get the player support.

All this reminds me of is when Injustice magically got into evo. Forgot what year that happened.

If accurate, game dropped (not really, but still this sucks) http://abload.de/img/kneelandinglag18jdv.gif

I'll play you with items on and any stage.

shoutouts to smash bros

*Awesome MGR pics*

God I love this game.

I actually know somebody who went to sell plasma so they could afford a new stick.

... Go on.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Everything I've heard so far sounds like 64 in terms of how it feels but with the newer mechanics and three times the characters. I could go for a game like that so long as none of the characters seem too dumb. But there are like 14 sword characters right? I don't even know what the fuck "Palutena" or "Shulk" are

Everything I've heard so far sounds like 64 in terms of how it feels but with the newer mechanics and three times the characters. I could go for a game like that so long as none of the characters seem too dumb. But there are like 14 sword characters right? I don't even know what the fuck "Palutena" or "Shulk" are
You should rectify that. Kid Icarus is the best handheld game of all time.

Also, reports that the Falcon Knee is much more powerful than it was in Brawl, but no word I've seen about sweet spotting it.

I did like how Smash 64 felt like characters had more weight to them...

Rhapsody

Banned
So I just got back from a friend's for P4U2 and played some Marie. She's really really fun to me.

She has quite a bit of timing on some links, and I'm not confident on one of the links if it ends up important (it's in her challenge though). Weather stuff is neat. I like Clouds just because DP and grab causes shock status briefly. "Graviton" is pretty neat. Not being able to summon them in the air is fair.

236C can lead into a safe jump from the looks of it. I think 236D is for oki stuff, but I didn't mess with it much yet. 214x is pretty fun, but I'm still trying to figure out which item is best to use in which situations.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I find it pretty difficult to pay attention to Smash 4 news/impressions. At this point, I'm just waiting for the game to come out already.
Pretty much, I also have a general distrust for these types of impressions as well, especially when people try to infer frames from off-screen video, etc.

I'll begin evaluating when people start breaking down the JP release in direct feed.

Kimosabae

Banned
Even though I understand Falcon's knee having that much lag, philosophically, that pretty much highlights what kind of ceiling this game will have. It will be low. In Melee the move was still the definitive kill move, but L-Cancel opened up its utility. When I first learned of L-Cancel, it blew my mind that I could use a move that was a designated "Kill Move" to set up grab attempts, combo at low percents or approach someone on the ground with its active frames.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Even though I understand Falcon's knee having that much lag, philosophically, that pretty much highlights what kind of ceiling this game will have. It will be low. In Melee the move was still the definitive kill move, but L-Cancel opened up its utility. When I first learned of L-Cancel, it blew my mind that I could use a move that was a designated "Kill Move" to set up grab attempts, combo at low percents or approach someone on the ground with its active frames.
So basically it was too good? :3

Sayah

Peach can't float cancel anymore??!?

WTF

They already reduced her turnip pulling speed and that was a huge part of doing setups with her.

Taking out float cancel is just not going to make her fun to play at all. Bah.

Thores

So I just got back from a friend's for P4U2 and played some Marie. She's really really fun to me.

She has quite a bit of timing on some links, and I'm not confident on one of the links if it ends up important (it's in her challenge though). Weather stuff is neat. I like Clouds just because DP and grab causes shock status briefly. "Graviton" is pretty neat. Not being able to summon them in the air is fair.

236C can lead into a safe jump from the looks of it. I think 236D is for oki stuff, but I didn't mess with it much yet. 214x is pretty fun, but I'm still trying to figure out which item is best to use in which situations.

Wait, she's out already? I thought she didn't get released till the 14th.

FSLink

Banned
Had a fun Project M session yesterday with some friends locally. Diddy Kong seems to be clicking with me, his speed + banana game is just so fun. Disappointing that the newer Smash 4 impressions say that Diddy's banana game is nerfed. :p I'll probably use Robin.

Probably gonna put some lab time in P4A2 tonight as well.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Had a fun Project M session yesterday with some friends locally. Diddy Kong seems to be clicking with me, his speed + banana game is just so fun. Disappointing that the newer Smash 4 impressions say that Diddy's banana game is nerfed. :p I'll probably use Robin.

Probably gonna put some lab time in P4A2 tonight.
korumaru's banana game gonna be off the wall!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Link: Fierce Diety, White, Purple
Charizard: Dark red, Blue, purple, yellow, red, grey, Shiny
ZSS: Comes in gray, dark blue, green, black, and red.
Little Mac has 16 costumes! He has 8 costumes for his fleshy self, and 8 costumes for his wireframe
Pikachu: Gold/Silver's Trainer Hat, X/Y's Trainer hat, Party hat returns, glasses Pikachu, a hat with sunglasses on the front costume, and a fighter headband (red and black colored I think).
Megaman: has yellow, green/orange costume, and white/red costume, a blue and white costume

Pac-Man: His color doesn't change, but he wears accessories.
Robin: His hair color changes, but not the model
Sonic: No Metal Sonic. Shades of Blue/One White skin
Lucari:eek: has a purple and green skin and dark grey skin. Rest are shades of blue.

Sakurai's inconsistency is just
ibpozcLBoOB7NH.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What inconsistency, in particular?
Effort put into distinguishable character models via costume/colour. The whole purpose of having alt colours is to have people be quickly distinguishable when there are multiple characters on the screen, yet he's fine with throwing small trinkets on character models or using different shades of the same colour even with characters that have a a rich history to pull from (Pac-Man, Sonic).

Nice! Any confirmation on those leaks?
The Bowser Jr. + Duck Hunt Dog one is absolutely certain.

The character select screen image leak had a weird shape to it that would take 6 characters to fill. Folks are split about whether that is the final roster or not. Personally, I can't imagine Sakurai being okay with the CSS looking like that. There are a lot of rumors about who the 6 are.

Effort put into distinguishable character models via costume/colour. The whole purpose of having alt colours is to have people be quickly distinguishable when there are multiple characters on the screen, yet he's fine with throwing small trinkets on character models or using different shades of the same colour even with characters that have a a rich history to pull from (Pac-Man, Sonic).
If the ZSS alt is any indication, alts may primarily be a labor of love done by dedicated artists. Sakurai always has aot more that he wants to do than what comes through. I think DLC is inevitable for this game, and we might get some of those recolorings moved to alts.

smurfx

get some go again

The character select screen image leak had a weird shape to it that would take 6 characters to fill. Folks are split about whether that is the final roster or not. Personally, I can't imagine Sakurai being okay with the CSS looking like that. There are a lot of rumors about who the 6 are.
any word on how the duck hunt dog plays?

Horseress

That's awesome news

hmm, then the retail build demo is just a demo, without the final roster? I mean, if it was complete we would know the final roster already

Just some vague notes about it using the ducks as part of its attacks.

Hopefully he will have the best taunt of all time...

duck-hunt-dog-o.gif

it HAS to be there

Top Bottom