• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 22-28 | 2 Fast 2 Fuerte: Tokido Drift

I should of been more clearer. He was pointing out the shady ones as he was walking. He talks about some not letting you leave till you spent a certain amount

Those exist, and have for a long time. They are the ones, like the other post said, effectively hostess clubs just with surprisingly shittier drinks and food, omllete rice is not the only food in the world you freaking clearly 37 year old speaking in a high pitched "cute" voice to make me spend more money.

ahem. Not that I know anything about that.

Yeah though, in general stay away from theme cafe's. They are tourist/fanboy/girl traps for spending all your money on products that are no where near the price they are charging.

But oh man the real ripoff ones are the "foreign guy" butler/prince cafe's. Those are for desperate ladies for sure but goddamn those dudes are making bank off these women. 1st most of those dudes are freaking Japanese just with dyed hair, or at best half. 2nd the menu prices are godlike. $13 for a parfait! Oh and it gets better, the "real menu" is you pay the guys to do/say things like call you princess or queen, or pick you up all manly like. Paltry sums around $25 for stuff like that.

The whole cafe system is well known scam but people can't help themselves I guess.

mbpm1

Oh and it gets better, the "real menu" is you pay the guys to do/say things like call you princess or queen, or pick you up all manly like. Paltry sums around $25 for stuff like that.

#WorthIt

Never even thought there were guy versions of the maid cafes lol

4rd Focus
zBn75fH.png

#WorthIt

Never even thought there were guy versions of the maid cafes lol

Oh man... you don't even wanna know how deep this rabbit hole goes. Even Japan is shocked when they learn about a new "theme" judging by their morning news fluff reports haha.

Ever hear of a sleep cafe.... yeah bro. Shit gets real as hell if you go too far.

petghost

Banned
why you wanna go to a maid cafe/hostess club in the first place though??? it seems like its almost all of the soul crushing things about a strip club without the benefits/other soul crushing things.

What's a sleep cafe?
Not counting a marvel joke

A cafe type that popped up last year. You literally pay to sleep next to a girl for a set amount of time. That's it.

THAT IS IT!

Oh and the prices were fucking nuts. $100 for 30 mins. is the starting price and it goes up to a full 7 hours sleep for in the thousands. There is only a couple of them but they exist. First thought of course is prostitution but its literally not. And like 20x more expensive haha. The girl is supposed to fall asleep too but its like... she probably leaves when the dude passes out. I mean sure some people find it easier to sleep with someone next to them, but...

Japan caters to everything which surprises even them.

Oh, and you are damn right to assume theres themes to the sleeping arrangement. Want your newly wed wife to take a 1 hour nap. She will refer to you as such, Oni-sama, we got that too! Drunk boss on a business trip DAMN STRAIGHT!!

Its ridiculous, but they are not out of business yet either so... And there are male equivalents too, not in the same cafe style but with similar function. Single ladies can pay a handsome college guy or handsome business looking man w/e to come hang out with them for a few hours, basically pretend to have a boyfriend. But thats where it ends, no sex, no kissing, most you get is a hug. Though this type of thing is usually used by ladies who are insanely shy/apprehensive about meeting men and what not so its a type of gray area psychology treatment as they call it. Supply and demand I guess.

Could talk about this for hours haha. Its interesting for me as a sociology student lol.

Please no more talk of the sleeping "cafes". I'm still trying to forget the dead eyes that one girl had in some documentary about those places.

Fuck

Horseress

Man, reading all this sleep cafe shit, and maid cafes, and lolivampire shit, and that Harada's chick simulator, and those creepy japanese dolls that almost look like women, and men trying to marry manga girls, and so and so, I'm starting to think there are ZERO regular girls in Japan. That or they hate men with all their hearts

mbpm1

Man, reading all this sleep cafe shit, and maid cafes, and lolivampire shit, and that Harada's chick simulator, and those creepy japanese dolls that almost look like women, and men trying to marry manga girls, and so and so, I'm starting to think there are ZERO regular girls in Japan. That or they hate men with all their hearts

I probably would if I was a girl in JP tbh

Valkerion that stuff is nuts lol PogChamp all the way

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
A cafe type that popped up last year. You literally pay to sleep next to a girl for a set amount of time. That's it.

THAT IS IT!

Oh and the prices were fucking nuts. $100 for 30 mins. is the starting price and it goes up to a full 7 hours sleep for in the thousands. There is only a couple of them but they exist. First thought of course is prostitution but its literally not. And like 20x more expensive haha. The girl is supposed to fall asleep too but its like... she probably leaves when the dude passes out. I mean sure some people find it easier to sleep with someone next to them, but...

Japan caters to everything which surprises even them.

Oh, and you are damn right to assume theres themes to the sleeping arrangement. Want your newly wed wife to take a 1 hour nap. She will refer to you as such, Oni-sama, we got that too! Drunk boss on a business trip DAMN STRAIGHT!!

Its ridiculous, but they are not out of business yet either so... And there are male equivalents too, not in the same cafe style but with similar function. Single ladies can pay a handsome college guy or handsome business looking man w/e to come hang out with them for a few hours, basically pretend to have a boyfriend. But thats where it ends, no sex, no kissing, most you get is a hug. Though this type of thing is usually used by ladies who are insanely shy/apprehensive about meeting men and what not so its a type of gray area psychology treatment as they call it. Supply and demand I guess.

Could talk about this for hours haha. Its interesting for me as a sociology student lol.

Man I'm glad I wasn't born in Japan.
RockTurtle, we gotta live in Japan!

Japan man. Its just a different place. At least the manga is still good.

『Inaba Resident』;131404436 said:
Don't know if this has been posted, but this is some of most straight up salt I've seen in a while.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67JNUkQJQ5o&feature=youtu.be&t=3m

That salt... The pop off the first time was funny but he kept on going which got annoying and Unknown didn't like it. This is shades of childhood trauma right here with Unknown.

That's why a 9-5 is for suckers

I guess that's why you make money in your dungeon with the leftover copies of SFxT.

CPS2

Please no more talk of the sleeping "cafes". I'm still trying to forget the dead eyes that one girl had in some documentary about those places.

Fuck
I remember that, I think it was a vice doco. Cute girl who claims to despise love and couples and displays of affection etc. And just gets paid for random things like a moment of eye contact etc.

Thores

So I'm one of the four people in the US that bought Love Max today, and it's my first exposure to the series. Half an hour in I gotta say it's some super zany fun. This game's grappler is amazing (Kira is anyway, I dunno if there's more).

In all honesty Japan is pretty normal as it gets, just their weird is easier to find. So if its a niche within a niche that has 5 people doing it in Japan, the internet finds out? suddenly its the whole country doing it disregarding it is just actually a handful in a country of over 100 million. We love that kind of thing on the web.

Anyway playing Melee for the first time in years. Soooooo fun, though after all these years I still never unlocked Mewtwo lol. Really want a WiiU now.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
In all honesty Japan is pretty normal as it gets, just their weird is easier to find. So if its a niche within a niche that has 5 people doing it in Japan, the internet finds out? suddenly its the whole country doing it disregarding it is just actually a handful in a country of over 100 million. We love that kind of thing on the web.

Anyway playing Melee for the first time in years. Soooooo fun, though after all these years I still never unlocked Mewtwo lol. Really want a WiiU now.

You should really play Project M if you wanna get back into Melee with new characters. That'll hold up until Smash 4 comes out. Hell play both until Smash 4 comes out!

So eSports is the future all along

Oh Smedwicks, you and your witty comments Kappa

Kevyt

Man I'm glad I wasn't born in Japan.
RockTurtle, we gotta live in Japan!

Japan man. Its just a different place. At least the manga is still good.

That salt... The pop off the first time was funny but he kept on going which got annoying and Unknown didn't like it. This is shades of childhood trauma right here with Unknown.

I guess that's why you make money in your dungeon with the leftover copies of SFxT.

Every place has their own weird things or "different" ways of expressing themselves. I mean have you seen what the Japanese think of us Americans and America?

lol it's crazy....

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Every place has their own weird things or "different" ways of expressing themselves. I mean have you seen what the Japanese think of us Americans and America?

lol it's crazy....

That's pretty accurate actually. Obviously its an exaggeration for the sake of the show but there are many truths in it.

Never got a wii but an emulator might hold up. Guess I will try it out sometime.

Once you play it, you'll never go back.

Salt Sui no Hado

This must be your tag young one. Shouta I demand you do this!
Don't ban me pls ;_;

Its okay man, I was joking, it was actually witty but I wanted to tease you.

why you wanna go to a maid cafe/hostess club in the first place though??? it seems like its almost all of the soul crushing things about a strip club without the benefits/other soul crushing things.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0493420/ All the answers to questions you asked, didn't ask, and wouldn't want to ask are here.
That's pretty accurate actually. Obviously its an exaggeration for the sake of the show but there are many truths in it.

But have you seen what they think we think of them?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Might just be a update thing, hopefully. IIRC, Aquapazza was like that until both of them were on the same numbered update.

It's most likely this

I'm gonna get AH3 sometime next month. My disposable income is tapped at the moment.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
so, what exciting streams are going on tonight? Any JP streams?

rip in piece tik-tok

every week aside from fgc interview, we should have an fgc obituary for fgc members banned that week

consequently that thread has a lot of useful links for sf4 newbies

Top Bottom