• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 22-28 | 2 Fast 2 Fuerte: Tokido Drift

kirblar

I've seen you say several times that Capcom introduced RFC to help ease of execution for Ultras.

I would like to see a quote or something alluding to this because from everything I've seen RFC was implemented to open up new combo possibilities. Namely giving the charge characters a way to land their ultras and the grapplers. Nothing to do with execution.
99% sure it was a Saikyo blog update or Ayano interview where he stated delayed wakeup was the mechanic for advanced players, while RFC was in place (in part- you're absolutely correct about it also helping charge/grapple characters) as a mechanic less experienced ones could use.

I remember it because I thought at the time "Oh, that's me!" - as when I tried out the USF4 fan-made PC patch, I was able to actually use Ultras outside of wake-up/neutral since I didn't have to FADC into them.

And as I was about to post did one last search- here you go: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/15/capcom-says-ultra-street-fighter-ivs-red-focus-meant-casual-players/

Shouta

Anyone know of any JP speaking folks going to TFC? Nemo wanted to see if there were folks that could help pepeday out as he has zero English ability.

Shouta

I was worried that this might happen.

Always the case. Nemo asked me for WCW but he got lucky because there was a JP player there and they hung out, lol. Nemo is being the senpai right now for the JP folks though, lol.

Kumubou

Apparently, one of the issues with AH3:LM is that the JP and US versions of AH3:LM can't play each other online? So all of the longtime players that imported the game can't play anyone using the US version, which isn't helping matters. Sounds like a really dumb oversight, if true.

petghost

Banned
i've never played arcana...i mean the aesthetic is a little much even for me but i know that a ton of people are super into it and i doubt that is mainly about the moe-ness. maybe i'll pick it up.

Anth0ny

Speaking of salt...

2ugVu1K.jpg

iFJFmKW.jpg

damn sanford plays smash now?

Zissou

Apparently, one of the issues with AH3:LM is that the JP and US versions of AH3:LM can't play each other online? So all of the longtime players that imported the game can't play anyone using the US version, which isn't helping matters. Sounds like a really dumb oversight, if true.

Really? I've never heard of a game behaving like that before, intentionally or unintentionally. Sucks :/

Zissou

If I want to dip my toes into persona, is there a concise video or something that can teach me some basics in like an hour?
also who is the highest tier lame/zoning character plz

This is a joke right?
Japanese gamers can't be that bonkers...

It's a pretty common thing in east Asia, especially Japan and Korea. buying a particular person or companies merch then destroying it on the internet to show how much you hate it....

Most
all
of it is just for click bait attention though. These pop up every time a major game or product is released. Same way people put up videos of them smashing iphones on release day and shit.

It's a pretty common thing in east Asia, especially Japan and Korea. buying a particular person or companies merch then destroying it on the internet to show how much you hate it....

Most
all
of it is just for click bait attention though. These pop up every time a major game or product is released. Same way people put up videos of them smashing iphones on release day and shit.
Gotta maximize that cpm

i spent an ungodly amount of time on what noun subtitle to add to street fighter 3 if somehow capcom decides to update it

we have sf3: 2nd impact, sf3: third strike.

what about sf3: 4th blunt trauma? sf3: 4th attack? sf3: 4th collision?

Kumubou

Spooky did a video on Maid Cafes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sffEBDO9oVU&feature=youtu.be

He said it's pretty shady and can get scary if you are not aware of what is happening to you (locked elevators , over charges on your CC etc).

Shouta can you clarify this?
I'm not Shouta, but I went to... more than I want to admit when I was in Japan. I could see it, honestly -- they're effectively hostess clubs for nerds (or fetish clubs, depending on where you end up going). I can say I didn't have any problems with any of the places I went to; all of my money was given up willingly. I would definitely pay in cash, though -- most places in Japan don't take credit cards to begin with (although some more tourist-oriented places do now), so a random maid cafe doing that is definitely suspect.

jbug617

Banned
I'm not Shouta, but I went to... more than I want to admit when I was in Japan. I could see it, honestly -- they're effectively hostess clubs for nerds (or fetish clubs, depending on where you end up going). I can say I didn't have any problems with any of the places I went to; all of my money was given up willingly. I would definitely pay in cash, though -- most places in Japan don't take credit cards to begin with (although some more tourist-oriented places do now), so a random maid cafe doing that is definitely suspect.

I should of been more clearer. He was pointing out the shady ones as he was walking. He talks about some not letting you leave till you spent a certain amount

Kumubou

I should of been more clearer. He was pointing out the shady ones as he was walking. He talks about some not letting you leave till you spent a certain amount
Most (if not all?) of the ones I went to had a minimum cover of some kind, but it was clearly posted (in Japanese, anyway). I could see how trying to leave before meeting that could be a problem, but I can tell you I was never shaken down for all of my yencoins by a maid or an accomplice thereof. (Which is why the probably leave the muscle to the guys -- I could see people paying good money to get roughed up by a bunch of maids.)

Hah, the one he points out at 4:04 is the aforementioned vampire loli catgirl chinadress maid bar I talked about earlier. :p He needs that Google Glass tech. for videos like this.

Top Bottom