• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: Dreamhack Austin [CPT Premier event] [04/28-04/30]

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
East Coast is getting destroyed this tourney. Specifically the Tri state area.

Did Art run into Champ and kiss and make up yet?

Kashiwaba

At least Ibuki makes it look like you need to work for it.
You actually have to work for it, most online Ibukis suck and can't even do half the things the pros do, while Balrog he is dangerous even if your opponent is mashing buttons.

Syntsui

Dumb people ain't winning with Balrog either. There's a reason why we haven't seen many Balrogs making Top 8.

That's not the point, Balrog is easy to use and be succesful, be it winning against your cousin or againist pro players, even if you don't make top 8. Ibuki is very hard to use to a point where you can actually win games against good players.

Zackat

I don't really remember, but did Ibuki get buffs? I don't remember anyone talking much about Ibuki when season 2 first came out. She seems to be doing the same stuff she could do in season 1, but I am just a noob.

Wallach

But TAP.
I find this recent discussion silly anyways, since ultimately they're both top tiers.

for sure, all I really mean here is that both these characters need slapped pretty hard, and I hope it doesn't happen where only one of them does and not the other

peter0611

I don't know if I want them to get overly nerfed as much as maybe tone down a few things here and there (damage reduction for Balrog) and a more robust defensive mechanic in this game. Oh, and of course help out characters like Juri and Alex. Ultimately, I find the scumbag V trigger comeback characters like Rog, Laura, Ibuki, etc. to be fun. Cammy would be example of an "honest" top tier, and just find her overall gameplay dry and boring.

jett

D-Member
Daigo is truly a washed up player now. Dreamhack gives no fucks about showing him on stream lol. He has made it to top 16, will face either Xiaohai or Punk.

Daigo is truly a washed up player now. Dreamhack gives no fucks about showing him on stream lol. He has made it to top 16, will face either Xiaohai or Punk.

Lmao he's getting knocked out in his next match then.

On another note, is it me or has there been a disgusting amount of mirror matches today?

Marvel

could never
I am just catching up now, the shimmies kbrad was doing earlier against daigo's guile were lovely.

Top Bottom