• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: Dreamhack Austin [CPT Premier event] [04/28-04/30]

Syntsui

I'm out of the DDR train, the moment he didn't chip him out that round was the moment the spell was broken. Dude is washed up beyond repair.

Jesus Christ, man.

I don't want to be part of a scene where Daigo isn't relevant. Fuck change.

There were beasts before Daigo was a god fam. It's just the way it goes.

He'll still be relevant. He'll still make Top 16s and that's something that still takes the best players to reach.

He just might not win anything consistently.

That being said, Daigo still needs time with Guile. It's still raw, and it's still rough, so he can get better. The question, more importantly, is if he can drive himself to improve.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I know it's popular to make fun of Alex Myers when people bring up him being top cammy in the U.S but he's clearly proving himself in this tourney.

Without Du, Punk can easily take this if he plays at his normal peak level.

Syntsui

I know it's popular to make fun of Alex Myers when people bring up him being top cammy in the U.S but he's clearly proving himself in this tourney.

Without Du, Punk can easily take this if he plays at his normal peak level.

I really don't believe he can win 6 games against Xian, but let's see.

People with really good footies and spacing could take Punk out. Momo and Xian probably could. On the flipside, Fuudo's spacing is second to none and that dude gets bodied every time.

I was talking about Wong, lol. Fuudo is strong af.

Fuudo's SFV tournament history has been hugely successful and somewhat tragic at the same time. I don't think the guy has ever won one of the big tournaments, but doesn't he have something like 7 or 8 top 3's since SFV came out in CPT and non-CPT big money tourney's.

Syntsui

Fuudo's SFV tournament history has been hugely successful and somewhat tragic at the same time. I don't think the guy has ever won one of the big tournaments, but doesn't he have something like 7 or 8 top 3's since SFV came out in CPT and non-CPT big money tourney's.

According to the Shoryuken ranking, besides the two first major tournaments, he never placed out of the top 8.

Syntsui

Justin learned his lesson from eleague, he is offensive game improved a lot.

Edit: Damn double post, thread slow af.

According to the Shoryuken ranking, besides the two first major tournaments, he never placed out of the top 8.

I just looked at it, it's nuts. Six top 3's in Premier or Big money events and minimum of top 8 in all the other ones. So close to having the biggest check from all those tournaments but he's fallen short every single time. It's sad that his only tournament win in SFV was extremely stacked, but took place in Japan where he probably earned no money for his efforts(I'm not counting his qualifier wins). No one else has come close to having a resume like he has in SFV so far.

There were beasts before Daigo was a god fam. It's just the way it goes.

He'll still be relevant. He'll still make Top 16s and that's something that still takes the best players to reach.

He just might not win anything consistently.

That being said, Daigo still needs time with Guile. It's still raw, and it's still rough, so he can get better. The question, more importantly, is if he can drive himself to improve.

I'm (partly) being facetious.

I'm a Daigo fanboy and I hate seeing him struggle like this.

There were prominent players before Daigo, but not many. There will never be another player in terms of his approach to fighting games, though.

Cyrus

Lesson learned: Don't doubt the ALFA just because he doesn't make top 32 winners side. Pls go all the way Punk. Stop the Ibuki/Necalli menace.

Tripon

That was a pretty good national debut for Eli the Curry. Hope he's back for Combo Breaker and that he registered for EVO.

I'm confused. Doesn't a Double KO count as not being a win for either player?

Punk was up a round before the double KO.

Tripon

Top 8 SFV

Winners

Alex Myers vs Xian
Haitani vs Justin Wong

Losers

Go 1 vs Phenom
Snake Eyes vs Punk

Smash Wii U

Winners

Zero vs Ally
MK Leo vs Void

Losers

Locus vs ESAM
Konga vs Larry Lurr

Smash Brothers Melee

Winners

Chudat vs Mang0
Hungrybox vs Plup

Losers

Wizzrobe vs Landandus
Mew2King vs Leffen

I just looked at it, it's nuts. Six top 3's in Premier or Big money events and minimum of top 8 in all the other ones. So close to having the biggest check from all those tournaments but he's fallen short every single time. It's sad that his only tournament win in SFV was extremely stacked, but took place in Japan where he probably earned no money for his efforts(I'm not counting his qualifier wins). No one else has come close to having a resume like he has in SFV so far.

So basically he's the Ash Ketchum of SFV.

Ninjimbo

Nice to see the parade of Karins out in full force. If only Mago was here.

Anyways, I think either Xian or Punk takes this tournament with Haitani as the dark horse.

Ninjimbo

Fuudo is the god king of VF. SF isn't even his main game and he's still top tier. He's definitely Elite Four material at least.

Top Bottom