• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfStark

I would like to see animated gifs like these more often, it's cool to have a a nice look on the figure from all angles. I am not gonna buy this Queens Blade figure but they did a pretty good job on her. But I am more for my Risty, the newest pic is great!

chrono01

They do. Literally just canceled one with them today.
Another confirmation. Excellent news, thanks!

I would like to see animated gifs like these more often, it's cool to have a a nice look on the figure from all angles. I am not gonna buy this Queens Blade figure but they did a pretty good job on her. But I am more for my Risty, the newest pic is great!
I agree.

Unfortunately Megahouse seems to be the only ones that do animated gif's such as this for their figures. While pictures are nice, having a 360 degree of it is never helpful.

Jayhawk

PayPal Canada has a 5% cash back promotion that ends today, so I am trying to see if there are any figures out there that I can pay for with PayPal right now (not when shipped). Help me spend money, Figure-GAF!

It's been awhile since I added anything substantial to the collection but I finally received this today:

iIRQF4IE2fnhW.JPG

iqdjiTdguBC0D.JPG

ibyltij20Z9CRR.JPG

It's the T-800 Battle Damaged Exclusive Edition from Sideshow. Tons and tons of extras including switch out heads, weaponry and more.

The box:

iY6Ja0TTrV1u0.JPG

Switch out heads (the Arnie head has a light up LED in his eye):

ib247XOx5LthnS.JPG

ibmG8Tvj5a8qsB.JPG

HT Iron Man Midas is up for preorder. Hope you guys have some change leftover from BF cuz he's $300 and there's no Flexpay option. I just ordered him and used all by SS reward points to offset the cost. Might resell for more.

Holy shit man, Sideshow is milking Iron Man more than Nintendo milks handheld systems.

LiK

If you knew the size of the other Super Sonico [next to her], it would.

i definitely need to see it next to another figure to compare.

Holy shit man, Sideshow is milking Iron Man more than Nintendo milks handheld systems.

yea, looks super limited too. they're limiting it to 1 per person and it also has a pretty short preorder window. might just be as rare as the Gunmetal IM from a few years ago. the price for that guy is insane now. Midas might as well be made of the best plastic gold evar. XD

It's been awhile since I added anything substantial to the collection but I finally received this today:

It's the T-800 Battle Damaged Exclusive Edition from Sideshow. Tons and tons of extras including switch out heads, weaponry and more.

God that looks good, thanks for posting pics. I was really close to buying him myself ;_;

It looks like the 1/5 scale Super Sonico [Orchid Seed] will ship this month after all!

Look at the size of her. O_O

I've still got bigger(by 1cm) in my collection :p

34cm yo!

Bombless

God that looks good, thanks for posting pics. I was really close to buying him myself ;_;

34cm yo!

And she is such a beauty. So much better than a plain Sonico standing straight.

That being said, people weren't kidding when they said it was hard to fit LIW Miku's tails in her head. Took me about 15 mins and I almost broke one of her headpieces. And STILL they aren't in fully. A nightmare. Haven't toyed with the metal cable yet, I'll tackle that when I return from Frankfurt.

Giolon

34cm yo!

That figure is one of my first disappointments in this hobby. I was so excited when I saw the artwork for the character posted in her announcement. Then when the final painted sculpt showed up, the brilliant purple was gone, replaced with such a faded tone, and the fact that her face hardly resembled the art combined with her (then) astronomical price dissuaded me from ever owning her. (And yet she's worth double-triple today)

Don't get me wrong - I still think it's a nice looking figure, but I had much higher expectations after Shuraki Nida - my first bishoujo (but not Bishoujo) purchase.

Also, I am not a fan of Spider Woman and her armpit webs, but the face on that figure is incredible.

And she is such a beauty. So much better than a plain Sonico standing straight.

Agreed! :D

Bombless said:
That being said, people weren't kidding when they said it was hard to fit LIW Miku's tails in her head. Took me about 15 mins and I almost broke one of her headpieces. And STILL they aren't in fully. A nightmare. Haven't toyed with the metal cable yet, I'll tackle that when I return from Frankfurt.

I had this same issue with Insane Black Rock Shooter. I was afraid to press too hard when installing the twintails for fear of breakage. I think I got them seated right in the end though.

Grats on the purchase btw! Collectors everywhere are green with envy.

That figure is one of my first disappointments in this hobby. I was so excited when I saw the artwork for the character posted in her announcement. Then when the final painted sculpt showed up, the brilliant purple was gone, replaced with such a faded tone, and the fact that her face hardly resembled the art combined with her (then) astronomical price dissuaded me from ever owning her. (And yet she's worth double-triple today)

That's fair. I can see being annoyed about the variance from the artwork, but I'm more a fan of Yoshizawa Mitsumasa in this case. All of his figures based on Shunya Yamashita's artwork vary from the source to include his own style; I personally always prefer the sculpts.

There were some of Reflect's Kiriko GKs painted in the original purple available on YJA and other places when I bought her, but I liked Yamato's version the most.

34cm yo!

Wow, love this figure -where can I grab this?

Damn, maybe not. Ebay prices look silly. I'll put this on my 'You will be mine....one day' list along with Selvaria.

Wow, love this figure -where can I grab this?

Damn, maybe not. Ebay prices look silly. I'll put this on my 'You will be mine....one day' list along with Selvaria.

Yeah, the only way to get her for a reasonable price these days is Mandarake. She goes for about 8K JPY there, but has only shown up once that I know of in the past year and sold in minutes. Other than that it's ebay or YJA, but prices on either probably aren't attractive and YJA requires a proxy.

That's not the only one of Mitsumasa's figures for Yamato that's a pain to get now, either :(

LiK

HT Bruce Banner is now up for preorder. Oddly enough, SS only has the exclusive combo pack with Hulk which I don't want.

Thankfully, BBTS is selling him separately.

This weeks haul, that Bravely Default figure won't be a pretty one for later this week =P

But oh well I'm excited for Bravely Default enough that it's okay as much of an overcharge EU is getting in comparison to NA X'D

The feeling of seeing your AmiAmi package out for delivery, but not knowing if it'll show up in time for you to go pick it up at lunch...

And fuck EMS; it wasn't really any faster for me than registered SAL. Maybe by a day or two, but not worth paying almost twice as much for the option.

The feeling of seeing your AmiAmi package out for delivery, but not knowing if it'll show up in time for you to go pick it up at lunch...

And fuck EMS; it wasn't really any faster for me than registered SAL. Maybe by a day or two, but not worth paying almost twice as much for the option.

all international mail is slower this time of the year. EMS is generally a week at most for me. SAL is 2.5-3 weeks. I have 2 figma sal from mandarake sitting in a port and its been over 2 weeks.

LiK

I've gone to Registered SAL as my go-to now. $10 less than EMS on average. Adds up.

RMI

Banned

Maybe it depends on where you are. I'm in NY, and SAL takes like 3 weeks to get here. My last EMS package took 3 days, and my price options were 3850 for registered SAL or 4000 for EMS. Only on very small packages does SAL start looking appealing, but even then the super long wait is not worth saving a few bucks for me.

kewlmyc

I like EMS because it always takes 3 days for me (expect the one time it got trapped in customs). It makes it easy to plan it to arrive on a Saturday when I'm home.

Giolon

In general, I agree. However, now that it's the holiday season, when I choose SAL it means that I will not see my packages for over a month. Just don't count on anything showing up between now and Christmas. The delays back up into January even. It'll just say "Dispatched from Outward Exchange Office" in Japan (if you have Registered SAL) and then just nothing for 2-3 weeks.

Anything that ships Nov-January I choose EMS. Any other time, I choose SAL unless I really, really want it now badly.

johnsmith

remember me
My November orders were shipped on 11/20 and I got all 3 boxes in 10-12 days by sal unregistered. But I'm doing EMS on my December orders this year. Last year SAL took over 30 days, not gonna go through that again.

Maybe it's because of where I am (Southern California), but SAL generally is 7-10 days max for me. EMS has generally been 7 days.

And on another note; fuck you Mr. Postman for not delivering my package today, despite showing that you did on the tracking page...

Oh well, I guess waiting another day isn't going to kill me...just destroy my concentration.

RocBase

I used to get SAL packets in legit 3-5 days, now they all take up to a month. I'm not sure what happened. Having said that I only use EMS for items that I'm way too psyched about owning.

Also: Tease shot of Koto's Cammy! http://myfigurecollection.net/picture/870794&ref=item:87533

Kyne

This weeks haul, that Bravely Default figure won't be a pretty one for later this week =P

But oh well I'm excited for Bravely Default enough that it's okay as much of an overcharge EU is getting in comparison to NA X'D

Be careful with Zoro's swords. I heard they take quite a bit of pressure to fix up.

Maybe I was too hasty in my hate for EMS as the insurance might come in handy. Just filed a formal complaint with the post office. According to the tracking site, they tried to deliver but no one was there, so they left a delivery notice. Problem is, I use one of those mall PO Boxes, which always have a couple people around. Just called them and nope, no delivery notices of any kind.

I hope the delivery guy didn't decide to steal my package to give out as Xmas presents (this has happened to me before)...

Fuck my life.

Giolon

I'm really not feeling Chun Li, which is a shame. But Cammy and Juri are probably going to be must-haves.

Chun-li's face is fubar, which is a tragedy to me b/c she's my long-time favorite Street Fighter Character. I am holding out hope for Juri - I love that crazy psychotic bitch.

LiK

My November orders were shipped on 11/20 and I got all 3 boxes in 10-12 days by sal unregistered. But I'm doing EMS on my December orders this year. Last year SAL took over 30 days, not gonna go through that again.

Registered SAL is much quicker than unregistered from my experience.

RMI

Banned
Maybe I was too hasty in my hate for EMS as the insurance might come in handy. Just filed a formal complaint with the post office. According to the tracking site, they tried to deliver but no one was there, so they left a delivery notice. Problem is, I use one of those mall PO Boxes, which always have a couple people around. Just called them and nope, no delivery notices of any kind.

I hope the delivery guy didn't decide to steal my package to give out as Xmas presents (this has happened to me before)...

Fuck my life.

THE FUCK?

Damn dude. Good luck getting your package. Have you considered having your stuff delivered to your work?

THE FUCK?

Damn dude. Good luck getting your package. Have you considered having your stuff delivered to your work?

I would, but some places will only ship to your billing address (pretty much every on-line car parts place) so I'm in the habit of just having everything sent to my PO Box.

Anyway, it seems my complaint was effective. Got a call from the post office apologizing for the BS. It seems the delivery guy was just a lazy fuckbot, so they sent his ass out to deliver my stuff. Too late to grab it now, but at least it'll be there waiting for me tomorrow.

FUUUUUUUU. I don't know what I want for Christmas. The only things I want that I don't already have are insanely pricey at this point. :(

Everyone link me to MFC listings of figures that are awesome and readily available for reasonable prices. Also not from One Piece. Gogogogogogo.

johnsmith

remember me
FUUUUUUUU. I don't know what I want for Christmas. The only things I want that I don't already have are insanely pricey at this point. :(

Everyone link me to MFC listings of figures that are awesome and readily available for reasonable prices. Also not from One Piece. Gogogogogogo.
Did you ever get around to making your MFC page?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom