• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Amazon's face looks fine from the angle you're likely to be displaying at though.

L94EMFa.jpg

I don't really like Dragon's Crown's designs, but I think she looks really good here.
Yeah, she looks great there. I suppose once you pose them then you won't be moving them a lot, so if she looks good then she looks good.

As long as you don't strike the dreaded "OH GOD WHAT HAPPENED TO HER FACE!" angle, all will be well.

LiK

well, i'ts official, I've given up on Play-Arts. Maybe I'll get one if it's a rare or unique exclusive or maybe one that looks awesome. But the prices have gone up while quality has gone down. They still do great armored designs but anything with faces is a hit or miss.

The figure that really broke my interest is the MGSV Snake PA. MSRP is $99.99 which is just ridiculous.

well, i'ts official, I've given up on Play-Arts. Maybe I'll get one if it's a rare or unique exclusive or maybe one that looks awesome. But the prices have gone up while quality has gone down. They still do great armored designs but anything with faces is a hit or miss.

The figure that really broke my interest is the MGSV Snake PA. MSRP is $99.99 which is just ridiculous.

Signed up to this club as well, not only expensive now, the quality has been downhill for a long while as well =/

Deprive

Square lost their minds with that pricing. :\

chrono01

Yeah, the pricing on that one is just...perplexing. I cannot see the reasoning behind it. At all.

I still have faith in their upcoming Nimue, though. She's expensive, but I really love the color-scheme for her, and she's a witch. An adorable witch. You can never have too much of those. She's sold out at AmiAmi, HS, HLJ, BIJ, N-Y...basically anywhere you can think so.

Here's a preview of her from AmiAmi's blog. Ignore the more..."creepy" comments. I just want to get her because she looks cute [as well as being an aforementioned witch].

http://amiamiblog.com/amiamiblog/20...rthur-nimue-18-complete-figure-by-square-enix

I just hope their quality-control is better than the Play Arts figures...

Signed up to this club as well, not only expensive now, the quality has been downhill for a long while as well =/

And somehow, I've managed to become a member of this club without ever having wasted money on any of them. ^_____^

RMI

Banned
Here's a preview of her from AmiAmi's blog. Ignore the more..."creepy" comments. I just want to get her because she looks cute [as well as being an aforementioned witch].

Jesus christ. I'm probably on some kind of FBI watch list after reading that. Figure looks great, regardless. Not my thing, really, but it looks nice.

The boob thing with the Amazon is bugging me now. I just need them to announce some insane price so I can stop thinking I might want it.

Jesus christ. I'm probably on some kind of FBI watch list after reading that. Figure looks great, regardless. Not my thing, really, but it looks nice.

The boob thing with the Amazon is bugging me now. I just need them to announce some insane price so I can stop thinking I might want it.

Look up Chara-Ani's Hinata Hakamada. Holy shit, if anything will get you on the FBI's watch list, it's that.

Just picked this old piece up. It was on my wanted list for a while and was trying to find one that wasn't too much above retail. Managed to find someone locally for 350 which isnt too bad considering it was still bnib and thats only slightly above what i would have paid for retail+shipping+duties anyways.

Other than wishing the blacks on her hair were darker(to give better contrast on her purple shadea in her hair) I can't complain much on the piece. The sculpt and pose are awesome and the paint app on my piece came out great. I love the base as well. Usually for big statues they avoid having detailed bases because it takes away from the character and adds a lot to the cost. But I feel the base really added to the pose of the piece.

eVrcREfl.jpg

Same.

I do have Liquid and Raiden coming, but I really don't think I'll be getting any more, unless they do an MGS2 Snake and it looks good.

LiK

Same.

I do have Liquid and Raiden coming, but I really don't think I'll be getting any more, unless they do an MGS2 Snake and it looks good.

I canceled both of those. Not in love with their sculpts. Raiden looks particularly bad. I might even sell Solid now. His face is a disaster. I still have him sealed and he's going for crazy prices. I'll just keep Ninja And Meryl, probably.

So when are those December delay lists going to be out? I gotta decide whether to gamble or send in a few cancellation requests to AmiAmi now.

sca2511

Just picked this old piece up. It was on my wanted list for a while and was trying to find one that wasn't too much above retail. Managed to find someone locally for 350 which isnt too bad considering it was still bnib and thats only slightly above what i would have paid for retail+shipping+duties anyways.

Other than wishing the blacks on her hair were darker(to give better contrast on her purple shadea in her hair) I can't complain much on the piece. The sculpt and pose are awesome and the paint app on my piece came out great. I love the base as well. Usually for big statues they avoid having detailed bases because it takes away from the character and adds a lot to the cost. But I feel the base really added to the pose of the piece.

psylocke.jpg

That's on my list as well. Beautiful.

chrono01

Congrats on Love is War DX, Bombless. She's amazing.

Also, despite the Queen's Blade series not being as great as it could be, why do I love the character designs? I just pre-ordered this [this time in animated .gif form!]:

iXST0FgcDLoYJ.gif

Bombless

Congrats on Love is War DX, Bombless. She's amazing.

Also, despite the Queen's Blade series not being as great as it could be, why do I love the character designs? I just pre-ordered this [this time in animated .gif form!]:

iXST0FgcDLoYJ.gif

She's nice but the fact she's bound is a deal breaker.

Also, getting home with the big ass box and having to leave straight away for work is torture.

chrono01

She's nice but the fact she's bound is a deal breaker.

Also, getting home with the big ass box and having to leave straight away for work is
torture
Yeah, it's risqué for sure, but I've been wanting a Tomoe figure for a while and considering her original release is well out-of-print [it's one of the first figures Megahouse created, I believe] I figure now is as good a time as any. Maybe I can vision that it's consensual? That kind of makes me feel better about it...

As for the box, I can imagine. At least you have something to look forward to once you return!

Giolon

Yeah, it's risqué for sure, but I've been wanting a Tomoe figure for a while and considering her original release is well out-of-print [it's one of the first figures Megahouse created, I believe] I figure now is as good a time as any. Maybe I can vision that it's consensual? That kind of makes me feel better about it...

As for the box, I can imagine. At least you have something to look forward to once you return!

You know, surprisingly I find that original Megahouse Tomoe figure from time to time for surprisingly low prices. I picked it up for about $45 a year ago at Fanime. I saw a couple in shops in Akihabara too for low prices. See, I just pulled her up at Mandarake: http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-303392.html

I'm sorry Chrono, but QB is a terrible anime. The character designs are pretty awesome in some cases. But the show itself? nopenopenope.gif

Have to go to work but couldn't resist opening the (ridiculously huge) box. The rest will have to wait until tonight..

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chrono01

You know, surprisingly I find that original Megahouse Tomoe figure from time to time for surprisingly low prices. I picked it up for about $45 a year ago at Fanime. I saw a couple in shops in Akihabara too for low prices. See, I just pulled her up at Mandarake: http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-303392.html

Thanks, I guess I should have looked a bit harder before I pre-ordered this one.

I'm not sure if N-Y accepts cancellations, and if they do, I'm not sure if it's worth risking my other pre-orders/exclusives with them being cancelled as well. I'll have to give it some thought. :(

I'm sorry Chrono, but QB is a terrible anime. The character designs are pretty awesome in some cases. But the show itself? nopenopenope.gif

I was trying to be generous. >_<

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, I guess I should have looked a bit harder before I pre-ordered this one.

I'm not sure if N-Y accepts cancellations, and if they do, I'm not sure if it's worth risking my other pre-orders/exclusives with them being cancelled as well. I'll have to give it some thought. :(

Nippon-Yasan? I've cancelled on an order a day before they asked for my money, you should be fine.

kewlmyc

I'm reading the manga, cannot stop lol, going to watch anime when I can, heard it was particualrly well done.

I just started watching the day before yesterday, and I'm up to Episode 15.
Magi is great. One of my favorite shounen manga series of all time (I'm a sucker for Arabian stuff). The anime is good until around the end when they go into anime original material, which is awful. Second season is so far really good and faithful.

Bombless

I just started watching the day before yesterday, and I'm up to Episode 15.

Saw the first episode...the
big sisters bar
scene pretty much sold me on it.

I'm going on a business trip for 2 weeks with a crappy laptop, perfect time to binge watch it on Crunchyroll.

PewPewK

Prepare to be broke

Yeah... about that. I already am. I spent roughly $10,000 this year on anime goods. I doubt this thread can make me spend much more than 4chan's buyf/a/g thread, reddit's /r/animefigures board, or MyFigureCollection already do.

They do. Literally just canceled one with them today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom