• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! MEGAHOUSE UTENA!!!!!!

171481.jpg

AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

No its not you brah. Im just disappointed she wasnt a part of that wave, since she is a focal point of that arc.

Oh, I know. I just wasn't sure if there were others I didn't find pics of or not. My searches on MFC were based entirely on One Piece figures by MegaHouse with 2014 release dates, since I'm not familiar with a lot of the characters.

kunonabi

turns out my Heather Mason order never went through with amiami so I had to go with plamoya. anybody have experience with them?

Deprive

That Amazon looks better than I though it would. Guess pre-order will go up next month. Please let it be below 10,000yen :\

That Amazon looks better than I though it would. Guess pre-order will go up next month. Please let it be below 10,000yen :

She was my fav in the game, so I may have to cave even if she is a smidge over 10k JPY. If they pull a Labrys and try for $150, they can get fucked.

i can't refuse the amazon. they botched that elf face, ugh.

I didn't even notice until you mentioned it. The hair kind of draws attention away from the actual face. But yeah.... something looks weird there. Hope they fix it.

Giolon

Amazon's is the face it looks like they botched to me. She either looks cross-eyed, half asleep, or both.

Elf's face looks much better from other angles.

At least they captured Amazon's muscle tone in the shading. I was a little worried when I saw the unpainted sculpt.

@Beezlebub: Paging Chris Hansen...

Amazon's is the face it looks like they botched to me. She either looks cross-eyed, half asleep, or both.

Elf's face looks much better from other angles.

What?! There's no way. Pull up the Elf artwork. The nose is too long, and the mouth is too low. And it seems like her face should be just a tiny bit wider.

Amazon looks great. :p

Giolon

What?! There's no way. Pull up the Elf artwork. The nose is too long, and the mouth is too low. And it seems like her face should be just a tiny bit wider.

Amazon looks great. :p

Neither of them are 100% source accurate b/c the proportions are absolutely nuts in the artwork. Elf's face was brought into proportion when looking at it from most angles. The image you posted does make it look really long and horrible, but in others where you can see her face flat on it looks more rounded and heart-like.

AmazonBored2.jpg

Amazon looks like some combination of being bored, sleepy, and retarded. I half expect "duh, which way did he go George? Which way did he go?" to pop out of her mouth. I'd really like to see both of them from camera angles attempting to match the viewing angle to the artwork as closely as possible.

RistyRerelease.jpg

Mmm, mmm. Dat Risty still looking good after all these years. I'm happy that those who wanted her can pick up the re-release at a decent price. Still one of my top 3 favorite figures of all time. Wouldn't mind a Risty vs Amazon match-up.

Bombless

Wtf at that Amazon face. That last image...why go for such a stupid expression, WHY.

Sent an email to Square Enix about Kei. I don't mind a minor paint issue but a broken figure is out of the question.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! MEGAHOUSE UTENA!!!!!!

AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

If any property MH have worked on deserves quality, it's this one. I really can't see anybody else making Utena figures(and don't even know why MH decided to make this one), so please don't botch the manufacturing.

I expect the painted prototype to look good, since that isn't usually where they falter.

turns out my Heather Mason order never went through with amiami so I had to go with plamoya. anybody have experience with them?
Plamoya are fine, for first order I think they force registered SAL on me though. You will also periodically gett5% off next order discounts afterwards as well.

Does anyone happen to have a line on a 1/6 Kotobukiya Catwoman? I just found out she existed, and she'd go great with the 1/6 Batman I just ordered. But she's discontinued as fuck. Anyone still have her in stock?

This is what I'm looking for:

She's around ebay (of course) but for double list price.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Neither of them are 100% source accurate b/c the proportions are absolutely nuts in the artwork. Elf's face was brought into proportion when looking at it from most angles. The image you posted does make it look really long and horrible, but in others where you can see her face flat on it looks more rounded and heart-like.

AmazonBored2.jpg

Amazon looks like some combination of being bored, sleepy, and retarded. I half expect "duh, which way did he go George? Which way did he go?" to pop out of her mouth. I'd really like to see both of them from camera angles attempting to match the viewing angle to the artwork as closely as possible.

Yikes.

She looks fine in the earlier picture posted. This one looks like something went horribly wrong. Angle makes all the difference.

Yikes.

She looks fine in the earlier picture posted. This one looks like something went horribly wrong. Angle makes all the difference.

I don't know if it's just that picture, but she looks cross-eyed, at least from that angle. I guess both DC figures have some issues. :(

Is the Elf going to have a bowstring and arrow, or are they just going to stick with the frame?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I don't know if it's just that picture, but she looks cross-eyed, at least from that angle. I guess both DC figures have some issues. :(

Is the Elf going to have a bowstring and arrow, or are they just going to stick with the frame?

Yeah, I can't have a figure that looks like that from any angle. :p

Amazon's face looks fine from the angle you're likely to be displaying at though.

L94EMFa.jpg

I don't really like Dragon's Crown's designs, but I think she looks really good here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom