• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
How does one operate mfc to figure out when stuff goes up for preorder? Or is there another way?
There isn't one on MFC. Maybe the comments? There's really no reliable source on when preorders go up for any figure, at most we might get a couple of days advance notice. Just keep an eye on blogs and ohnoraptors, and check figure sites daily. Hobby Search has the best layout for new preorders per day.

Who with the what now? I haven't really tinkered with any of that stuff. How do I get in on that?
http://myfigurecollection.net/club/962_neogaf

So you wanted suggestions for figures that were already out and not preorders? Try checking out amiami's sale section, lots of good stuff there. Almost tempted to order the Maoyu figure.
http://slist.amiami.com/top/search/list2?s_cate2=459&s_saleitem=1&pagemax=20

I know there's a lot of Attack on Titan fans here, amiami just put up preorders for Furyu's Mikasa prize figure. The quality won't be the best, but she's a decent size, and for 1,500 yen you can't complain. Prize figures can be a pain in the butt to get a hold of later on.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-003441&page=top
N5q9Sbt.png

chrono01

FUUUUUUUU. I don't know what I want for Christmas. The only things I want that I don't already have are insanely pricey at this point. :(

Everyone link me to MFC listings of figures that are awesome and readily available for reasonable prices. Also not from One Piece. Gogogogogogo.
I hear you also like Queen's Blade.

You want Queen's Blade merchandise, right?

chrono01

It's not just her abs. She's got thighs to give Chun-li a run for her money. Look how stunning her face is:
This is true. The reasons for her being amazing are too numerous to count. As you mentioned, I really like her face. It's sexy/sultry, determined, and powerful all at once. It's really unique.

chrono01

So apparently pre-orders for Elf and Morgiana [Megahouse] open on the 11th. I'm tempted by Elf, but I'm not entirely sold on her yet. Pre-orders will also open for Uchiha Sasuke and Marco [One Piece].

LiK

There isn't one on MFC. Maybe the comments? There's really no reliable source on when preorders go up for any figure, at most we might get a couple of days advance notice. Just keep an eye on blogs and ohnoraptors, and check figure sites daily. Hobby Search has the best layout for new preorders per day.

So you wanted suggestions for figures that were already out and not preorders? Try checking out amiami's sale section, lots of good stuff there. Almost tempted to order the Maoyu figure.

I know there's a lot of Attack on Titan fans here, amiami just put up preorders for Furyu's Mikasa prize figure. The quality won't be the best, but she's a decent size, and for 1,500 yen you can't complain. Prize figures can be a pain in the butt to get a hold of later on.
N5q9Sbt.png

Fuck, preordered. Cheap price and sculpt looks good. I've been impressed with recent prize figures like the P4U ones for the price. Hope Mikasa is similar in quality.

MCD

N5q9Sbt.png

I cannot look at this figure the same way after reading this comment:

I don't like the pose... Looks like a doggie trying to... well, you know.

But I gotta admit, that's a nice level of detail for FuRyu

http://myfigurecollection.net/comment/1824862

So apparently pre-orders for Elf and Morgiana [Megahouse] open on the 11th. I'm tempted by Elf, but I'm not entirely sold on her yet. Pre-orders will also open for Uchiha Sasuke and Marco [One Piece].

Morgiana - 11th. Got it. That's all I needed Chrono, thanks. I'll be F5'ing like a madman.

I just finished the first Magi series. Goid stuff. Can't wait to start the new one.

chrono01

Morgiana - 11th. Got it. That's all I needed Chrono, thanks. I'll be F5'ing like a madman.

I just finished the first Magi series. Goid stuff. Can't wait to start the new one.
You're very welcome. I wish you luck!

If it's anything like the One Piece/Megahouse F5 battles, you will have quite the fight on your hands. If you're persistent, though, which it appears as though you are, you should be fine. Hopefully.

does anyone know if Hobby Search updates the release date closer to their estimate to give an exact date?
Figma Okabe just says Late Dec but I want to make sure I will have the money before he just pops into stock.

chrono01

I just paid for my November 2013 AmiAmi order. Just under 60,000 yen [including EMS shipping]. ~_~

My wallet, it screams in agony.

does anyone know if Hobby Search updates the release date closer to their estimate to give an exact date?
Figma Okabe just says Late Dec but I want to make sure I will have the money before he just pops into stock.
I'm afraid not. It will never list an exact date only a certain period [early, mid, late] of the month. For exact dates I use MFC.

I just paid for my November 2013 AmiAmi order. Just under 60,000 yen [including EMS shipping]. ~_~

My wallet, it screams in agony.

I'm afraid not. It will never list an exact date only a certain period [early, mid, late] of the month. For exact dates I use MFC.

Thanks, guess I will just try to keep that amount stashed.

kewlmyc

Thanks. I doubt either of them will sell out immediately, but I'll mark the date on my calendar.

PewPewK

Maybe it's because of where I am (Southern California), but SAL generally is 7-10 days max for me. EMS has generally been 7 days.

And on another note; fuck you Mr. Postman for not delivering my package today, despite showing that you did on the tracking page...

Oh well, I guess waiting another day isn't going to kill me...just destroy my concentration.

I'm in SoCal, too, but I've had SAL take over a month. Of course, I also actually had an EMS package that took over a month to be delivered as well (and the seller didn't even give me the tracking number for it and would not respond to my inquiries, I just had to wait 30 days not knowing if it had even shipped before it showed up), so don't think my experiences are quite common.

Also, I see there's an MFC group for NeoGAF. How do we get an invite? If anyone wants to add me, my MFC profile is here.

Aytrial

Yea, looks great.

I'm really impressed by how a lot of the panels move to reveal more detail instead of revealing joints. I'm having a stupid amount of fun rotating the blade.

It also doesn't fall apart at the drop of a hat like the Revoltech - everything holds together solidly.

I'm really impressed by how a lot of the panels move to reveal more detail instead of revealing joints. I'm having a stupid amount of fun rotating the blade.

It also doesn't fall apart at the drop of a hat like the Revoltech - everything holds together solidly.

For the cost that it was in comparison you should hope so XD and "Oh hey it's the Jehuty I enabled Lik to preorder" ;P

Got my Dark Elf, Link and Samus the other day! All of them are lovely! Hope no one minds the super sized pics:
http://i.imgur.com/HUh64OZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KoiwMFZ.jpg
GAF scales images now, but you could always [QUOTE ]
[/QUOTE] your images.

This is my first Riobot so I had no idea what to expect quality wise. :p

I don't have any Riobot, but guessing they are really good in robot sculpts =P; and yeah it looked really good when it was first shown/when it was preorderable, just could not bring myself to pay for it though. IIRC the price was quite high on a site, but I linked Lik to a cheaper site, HLJ, don't remember how much cheaper it was though.

Edit: Ooh they are by Sentinel from my MH4 hunter they showed me they can do high detailed figures.

Aytrial

I don't have any Riobot, but guessing they are really good in robot sculpts =P; and yeah it looked really good when it was first shown/when it was preorderable, just could not bring myself to pay for it though. IIRC the price was quite high on a site, but I linked Lik to a cheaper site, HLJ, don't remember how much cheaper it was though.

Edit: Ooh they are by Sentinel from my MH4 hunter they showed me they can do high detailed figures.

Same, never heard of them before this, tbh.

I was going to get their Gurren Lagann, but passed due to funds.

Kinda regret it now. :(

I own the Gurren Lagann Riobot which is also great, although quite small. As you pointed out though, it's a line by Sentinel, who also did Canti from FLCL recently and that seems good quality as well.

I was going to get their Gurren Lagann, but passed due to funds.

Kinda regret it now. :(
You'll find it one day ;D you browse on Mandrake and one day it'll be there.
I own the Gurren Lagann Riobot which is also great, although quite small. As you pointed out though, it's a line by Sentinel, who also did Canti from FLCL recently and that seems good quality as well.

(MFC image)

You weren't kidding about the higher quality, check out how much more detailed it is to another figure that's the same size. Sentinel seems to be the go to for high quality posable figures.

Picked up my AmiAmi delivery (finally). I can see why I couldn't use SAL; the package is freaking huge. Mu-12's box is ginormous. And Elizabeth is much smaller than I expected... I might have to pick up the Ques 1/8 now.

I'd post pictures, but I'm lame and don't know how...

EDIT: The great Botaku of Aksys showed me the way of Tai Chi Image... BEHOLD!

MOTurgH.jpg

Image is a bit shite, but that's what a 1st gen iPhone will get you...

LiK

Picked up my AmiAmi delivery (finally). I can see why I couldn't use SAL; the package is freaking huge. Mu-12's box is ginormous. And Elizabeth is much smaller than I expected... I might have to pick up the Ques 1/8 now.

yes you do. your heart knows.

EDIT: The great Botaku of Aksys showed me the way of Tai Chi Image... BEHOLD!

MOTurgH.jpg

Image is a bit shite, but that's what a 1st gen iPhone will get you...

can you take some more pics of xiaoyu when you unbox it? I want to see how the final production looks.

can you take some more pics of xiaoyu when you unbox it? I want to see how the final production looks.

Sure. On first look, her face came out really well. It's not nearly as chubby as the prototype. Not sure where to display her, though. I have no room at home and my desk at work is getting crowded, and is reserved for figures from stuff I've worked on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom