• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The answer to both of these questions is always yes. BBTS always has terrible prices.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-003529
7,800 yen, or $76.50

That is still more than the original 39-49 these used to cost. All I can do is vote with my wallet I suppose. It kills me, because I would love the Conner from ACIII and Edward Kenway they're coming out with, combined thats almost $200! I may as well go for that Bruce Banner Hot toy that they just showed.

I think their japanese stuff may be over priced because of import cost. Sometimes they don't get a US distributor and even then it is the distributor that charges a bit more. Trust me, I got all my Pokemon D-Arts from Amiami and even have the RAH Link figure on pre-order from them instead. But as posted on earlier, if Square is determining that this is $99 in the US, the problem is with them.

LiK

That is still more than the original 39-49 these used to cost. All I can do is vote with my wallet I suppose. It kills me, because I would love the Conner from ACIII and Edward Kenway they're coming out with, combined thats almost $200! I may as well go for that Bruce Banner Hot toy that they just showed.

I think their japanese stuff may be over priced because of import cost. Sometimes they don't get a US distributor and even then it is the distributor that charges a bit more. Trust me, I got all my Pokemon D-Arts from Amiami and even have the RAH Link figure on pre-order from them instead. But as posted on earlier, if Square is determining that this is $99 in the US, the problem is with them.

Yep, I mentioned earlier I'm quitting P-As unless there are some must-haves. Overpriced and the quality isn't any better.

Hot Toys are ridiculously expensive, but if they ever release the Shotgun Suit from Iron Man 3 I think I would not be able to resist.

http://s.cghub.com/files/Image/625001-626000/625221/730_large.jpg
http://s.cghub.com/files/Image/625001-626000/625227/787_large.jpg

Considering getting the Gemini Suit as well, loved the design.

The suit variations look great, Heartbreaker is a nice looking one too. Shotgun is not one I noticed, but man it looks good. I kinda like the Mark 41 suit, called Bones I think, would easily pay for that (then not eat for a few months).

Hot Toys are definitely pricey no doubt about it, but they do look so so good. I was, and still am, really scared at how it easy it was to spend money on them after the first one. The real problem with them is that if you don't get them when they are first out they can be hard to source, and harder to pay for at extortionate prices.

I have found some of the exclusives to be not so exclusive after all, but now that I think about it I haven't found any with the Sideshow exclusive extras outside of sideshow.

Play Arts Kai prices are getting out of control, especially since the quality (and its debatable) has only slightly improved with joints, face paint, etc.

SEP10472.jpg
$99! Is BBTS just ripping me off? are these cheaper elsewhere?

Guess I'll stick with my MGS1 and Peacewalker Snake

Man the foot sizes always kill me.
So damn small.

Xiaoyu for Ragingnight. Sorry about the delay, but the first batch of pictures were way out of focus.

Like I said before, her face isn't nearly as chubby as the prototype. I tried to take clear pictures of it, but for some reason there was no force on earth that would let me get take in-focus shot...

As for quality, there are a few issues, but nothing too major. Mainly some sloppy paint around her anklets and one nasty seam line on the right side of her dress. But the colors are really nice with lots of subtle shading, with the dress having a very subtle metallic sheen.

RMI

Banned
Xiaoyu's face looks nice. It's a nice looking figure all around. I like the Tekken Bishoujos a lot but have no idea about anything about tekken, so haven't really looked into them aside from some casual admiriation.

Xiaoyu for Ragingnight. Sorry about the delay, but the first batch of pictures were way out of focus.

Like I said before, her face isn't nearly as chubby as the prototype. I tried to take clear pictures of it, but for some reason there was no force on earth that would let me get take in-focus shot...

As for quality, there are a few issues, but nothing too major. Mainly some sloppy paint around her anklets and one nasty seam line on the right side of her dress. But the colors are really nice with lots of subtle shading, with the dress having a very subtle metallic sheen.

thanks!

The face does seem much better than the prototypes. Maybe I'll pick her up along with Jaycee. Christie is going to need some familiar company when she gets to her new home.

Bombless

She looks great. Ordered. With the money off P-A Kei!

kewlmyc

What camera do you use? Nice fig by the way. It looks better than I thought it would.

LiK

Another HT Iron Man shipping out.

Canceled a couple of figures from HLJ. Glad i preordered there instead. Changed my mind.

LiK

Man, really pissed. Looks like my local Ikea doesn't have Detolfs in the self-service area anymore. I have to order through the store now. What a hassle.

Man, really pissed. Looks like my local Ikea doesn't have Detolfs in the self-service area anymore. I have to order through the store now. What a hassle.

You can still order them? The (US) site says they're unavailable on-line. I really need to get a couple; the Billy option is a little too pricey for me right now.

You can still order them? The (US) site says they're unavailable on-line. I really need to get a couple; the Billy option is a little too pricey for me right now.

Man, I really love the Billy Valbo, except for the stupid pattern on the glass doors. If it weren't for that, it would be exactly what I need. Short of a detolf, of course. So frustrating.

Also, not online... they mean physically going to the store and placing an order. Some stores will let you. Use the drop-down menu on the Ikea site to find out which ones.... same as when you look for stores with them in-stock. If you can order it, it will say something like "Not in stock, but can be ordered". But only certain stores have the option.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The promise of a better Xiaoyu face really makes me to take the plunge and order her. She's available on Amazon through third party sellers right now for $60. I should wait, right? Amazon hasn't been putting up Kotobukiya bishoujos for pre-order recently.

Man, I really love the Billy Valbo, except for the stupid pattern on the glass doors. If it weren't for that, it would be exactly what I need. Short of a detolf, of course. So frustrating.

Also, not online... they mean physically going to the store and placing an order. Some stores will let you. Use the drop-down menu on the Ikea site to find out which ones.... same as when you look for stores with them in-stock. If you can order it, it will say something like "Not in stock, but can be ordered". But only certain stores have the option.

Sweet, thanks for the info. I think I'll poke around and see if any of the stores will let me do this.

The promise of a better Xiaoyu face really makes me to take the plunge and order her. She's available on Amazon through third party sellers right now for $60. I should wait, right? Amazon hasn't been putting up Kotobukiya bishoujos for pre-order recently.

If you want to wait a little, I'll try to get better shots of her face tonight.

johnsmith

remember me

Every Tekken bishoujo has dropped below $50 so I would wait. You'll probably be able to get her closer to $45 in a couple of months.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
If you want to wait a little, I'll try to get better shots of her face tonight.

I'd love to see them!

What a world of difference a single letter can make...

lol, lewd.

Every Tekken bishoujo has dropped below $50 so I would wait. You'll probably be able to get her closer to $45 in a couple of months.

Thanks for talking me out of it. I really loved everything about the Xiaoyu prototype so much, except the face. I can definitely wait.

meijiko

Buy this with two of these. Looks like this:

VzSbV3e.jpg

The white panel is removable, and you get a nice clear door. No pattern.

meijiko

Love the clean look of these. Curious to see how it all looks once you have them filled up.

Oh, that's an old picture. We have five and they're all pretty full, as well as 3 detolfs and 3 klingsbos in the same room. The reason there hasn't been any pictures is because there's very little organization, the lighting is bad, and we don't have a good camera yet. Once it all comes together I'll be more than happy to spam pics.

It's not all for figures, though. One bookcase is for Zelda merchandise, one is for my Cardcaptor Sakura collection, one and a half are dedicated to Pokemon plushes, a couple of shelves for Mario, Kirby, and Pikmin, and three shelves for specific Pokemon collections. Pretty much all other figures are in the Detolfs and the Klingsbos in the middle of the room.

Here's a teaser pic of what we're working on:
KprYvaZ.jpg

kewlmyc

Oh, that's an old picture. We have five and they're all pretty full, as well as 3 detolfs and 3 klingsbos in the same room. The reason there hasn't been any pictures is because there's very little organization, the lighting is bad, and we don't have a good camera yet. Once it all comes together I'll be more than happy to spam pics.

It's not all for figures, though. One bookcase is for Zelda merchandise, one is for my Cardcaptor Sakura collection, one and a half are dedicated to Pokemon plushes, a couple of shelves for Mario, Kirby, and Pikmin, and three shelves for specific Pokemon collections. Pretty much all other figures are in the Detolfs and the Klingsbos in the middle of the room.

KprYvaZ.jpg

I like the whole little museum thing you have going on there.

isIXUcVBq8mRn.gif

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Finally got my Dark Elf, and while she's nice and all, until Kamael comes out she sorta doesn't fit in my collection as well as I'd like. Also feel like she's gonna be a leaner down the line...

Also got my Storm Shadow from a pre-order with a local UK seller, only took forever and a day, only complaint is the sleeves seem too short out of the box, when I get more free time I'll see if I can futz him properly :

Bought my last figure of the year, one of the most hated Hot Toy figures on the planet, and while I can see why, I'm still pleased as punch to have him:

And lastly I accessorized Black Widow with a Dragunov and poncho for a more chic-assassin look, took more time then I care to admit adjusting the poncho to allow for a boob window:

I need that entire Zelda bookcase. Looks great -look forward to pic spam of the final product.

george_us

Dark Elf came today! I kind of wish I had gotten her in tan though since the blue versions facial details blend in so much from a distance. Still a pretty sweet figure overall!

LiK

Buy this with two of these. Looks like this:

VzSbV3e.jpg

The white panel is removable, and you get a nice clear door. No pattern.

hmm, maybe i'll consider this as well. Billy's are so much easier to assemble and move around than Detolfs. And I can adjust the shelf heights too which is better. I'll need to plan this out.

Out of the fall anime season, I am wondering which characters would you like to see a figure off? I am hoping for some log horizon and strike the blood.

kewlmyc

Out of the winter anime season, I am wondering which characters would you like to see a figure off? I am hoping for some log horizon and strike the blood.
I assume you mean the Fall season aka the one we're in right now? I would like some Outbreak Company figs. It's my guilty pleasure of the season. Kill la Kill would be neat, but I can't stand the battle uniforms, so I would only buy the characters in their regular clothing. Also I hope the Blazblue anime would help with the creation of Ragna and Hazama figures, but I doubt it.

Bombless

You can bet anything you want on Kill la Kill stuff. Whether you like it or not hehe.

Me? I'd want Arpeggio stuff, the girls sitting on their vessels...but it'd be too small to be good or too hard to expose if HUUUUGE (the Girls und Panzer tank size).

Maybe a tradeoff...1/7 girls with part of their vessel as base!

I assume you mean the Fall season aka the one we're in right now? I would like some Outbreak Company figs. It's my guilty pleasure of the season. Kill la Kill would be neat, but I can't stand the battle uniforms, so I would only buy the characters in their regular clothing. Also I hope the Blazblue anime would help with the creation of Ragna and Hazama figures, but I doubt it.
haha yeah fall season. I with you on kill la kill and the battle uniforms

meijiko

I want some Valvrave love, but aside from the mechs they've already put out I don't think it'll happen. A show has to be stupidly popular for anyone to make quality male figures, and even if it was there's no guarantee (looking at you, SAO).

Having some fun with my Wave arcade model kit. Definitely getting a second one for a head-to-head setup, lol
http://sixteen-bit.tumblr.com/post/69249512450/im-an-adult

Very cool. Stuff like that makes me want more poseable figures.

I want some Valvrave love, but aside from the mechs they've already put out I don't think it'll happen. A show has to be stupidly popular for anyone to make quality male figures, and even if it was there's no guarantee (looking at you, SAO).

L-Elf :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom