• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goddamnit Chrono, that gif made me go rewatch the last 6 episodes of KLK. Couldn't resist the Naked Sun scene but needed the buildup as well.

It's a hobby. If you can't afford it, set it aside. You have your collection, you can live without adding to it :)

Also, Amishpriest, your avatar's arms really freak me out.

You afraid of Ui Bombless?

Kazzy

(Pre-owned ITEM:A/BOX:B)Good Smile Kuji - Miku Hatsune 2014 Spring Ver. B Prize: figma

i didn't know this was even a thing and i want it but im not spending 11k on a goddamn figma with two expressions jesus christ

That's the Figma version of the Nendoroid that I posted about a couple of pages back:

zoSRWzF.jpg

They were all part of a special spring event, and had to obtained through lotteries and other means.

imek

So ended up getting a few figures recently from the One Piece Shop (in Huis Ten Bosch), since couldn't really find online the figures and not going to Akihabara till later. Ended up spending about 40,000 yen on the figures and then realising that we have no room to pack them into carry on luggage for our flight home and that them putting them on checked luggage would be too worrisome. So instead decided to ship them via EMS to my workplace... and use spare clothes as padding material which was a bad idea, as shipping was 25,000 yen for the figures due to the weight of the additional clothing :(

Also had Tharja and RAH link arrive the day before we flew out to Japan, so quite an expensive month for figures.... with more to go as we look for more.

Gonna have to post photos up when I get home and have sorted everything out.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That's the Figma version of the Nendoroid that I posted about a couple of pages back:

They were all part of a special spring event, and had to obtained through lotteries and other means.
I saw one of those nendos while in Japan but I can't remember if it was the a or b version. Not really a Miku fan so I didn't go for it despite knowing of the lottery aspect.

Where do you live? That may have something to do with it. 4.4k seems like a lot of fucking money for EMS on one figure. Her box must be huuuuuuuge or something.

England. I'm expecting to be charged extra since NY guessed incorrectly that she's SALable way back when I ordered/paid. I wouldn't mind if it slipped through the cracks though :p

Oh, Hobby Search has the measurements up:

Item Size/Weight : 40.1 x 32 x 18 cm / 1451g

Welp. That's the SAL dimensions limit crossed before packing lol

LiK

I order EMS all the time because SAL takes forever. Didn't know so many people here did SAL.

Registered SAL is pretty great. I started last year and it's cheaper and still has tracking. Might need to wait longer but I'm not in a rush so it's not a big deal for me usually.

England. I'm expecting to be charged extra since NY guessed incorrectly that she's SALable way back when I ordered/paid. I wouldn't mind if it slipped through the cracks though :p

Oh, Hobby Search has the measurements up:

Item Size/Weight : 40.1 x 32 x 18 cm / 1451g

Welp. That's the SAL dimensions limit crossed before packing lol
They'll send you an email about it being bigger than their estimate and then they'll make another invoice, you're gonna have to chase them up on it though. Only when I did they sent me another invoice for extra cost.

Hopefully you slipped through the cracks though =P

Settin

It's funny, because when it comes to real women, I prefer ass over titties. Big breasts ARE a helluva a lot of fun, but a woman without child bearing hips, kissable, squeezable, touchable thick thighs and round, juicy ass is seriously depressing. I need something to hold on, at any given moment. Sitting down, cuddling, while she's cooking, playing video games, on the computer, in the shower or making love. I need something to grab. Titties aren't ideal for that in most situations. But a big ole butt...YEP. Having both is great, but if I HAD to choose one over the other, a gal with a quality ass wins in the end. Don't worry. You too will one day graduate to ass status. It's a wonderful, brave new world. My girl agrees too.

bigbosssalute.jpg

Labrys

Oh, I see. They're really cute but jeeez they're expensive! I guess it's the price of Miku, heh.

It's funny, because when it comes to real women, I prefer ass over titties. Big breasts ARE a helluva a lot of fun, but a woman without child bearing hips, kissable, squeezable, touchable thick thighs and round, juicy ass is seriously depressing. I need something to hold on, at any given moment. Sitting down, cuddling, while she's cooking, playing video games, on the computer, in the shower or making love. I need something to grab. Titties aren't ideal for that in most situations. But a big ole butt...YEP. Having both is great, but if I HAD to choose one over the other, a gal with a quality ass wins in the end. Don't worry. You too will one day graduate to ass status. It's a wonderful, brave new world. My girl agrees too.

Never has this image been more appropriate:
http://img.batoto.net/comics/2013/07/04/p/read51d59fd3b3b2c/img000006.png[/IMG
[quote="ThePeoplesBureau, post: 108661431"]Just zooming in with some pics from a shoot with a new arrival today, in the Easter sunshine :)
[/QUOTE]
Figure looks great and is that your garden? It's very nice and well kept from the photos XD

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I order EMS all the time because SAL takes forever. Didn't know so many people here did SAL.

I'm rarely in a rush to get figures. Pretty much never. I can wait weeks if I have to. The savings are pretty significant per figure, and it all adds up.

I only really do EMS on large packages where the price difference is negligible.

and miss out the glory of miku .... NOPE

reg sal for 1-2 figures per month. Anything more I just combine and just ship it all. Also sal is for figures I'm in no hurry to get.

I got swept into the hype surrounding it, but I'm just not that big into Miku. I think I could have passed since there are so many other figures on the horizon on my must-have list.

I prob will get DX...mgiht even get 2 and just save it for the long haul. Miku DX love is war goes for 350-400 easily

I got swept into the hype surrounding it, but I'm just not that big into Miku. I think I could have passed since there are so many other figures on the horizon on my must-have list.

just hold onto it and resell. Miku dragon 2020 will atleast go for 12k-14k

Never has this image been more appropriate:

Dude, delete that pic. Malwarebytes is flagging the host site as malicious.

2 versions of mikasa (GSC) one is DX and one not.

The only difference is the base I thinkI might get DX...

Has her price been announced? GSC has been getting out of control with the prices lately. I don't even know if I can be fucked to care about AoT anymore unless someone makes a Female Titan figure.

I prob will get DX...mgiht even get 2 and just save it for the long haul. Miku DX love is war goes for 350-400 easily

But......she isn't Miku DX. People are going to buy her with the intent to resell now, and that price jump will never come.

and tsukihi is now mine. Missed the 8k version on mandarake opened, but I got the 9k unopened. Still cheaper than amiami preorder w/ discount

Man, you're out of control. I think you've got a shopping addiction. XD

Dude, delete that pic. Malwarebytes is flagging the host site as malicious.

Has her price been announced? GSC has been getting out of control with the prices lately. I don't even know if I can be fucked to.care about AoT anymore unless someone makes a Female Titan figure.

But......she isn't Miku DX. People are going to buy her with the intent to resell now, and that price jump will never come.

Man, you're out of control. I think you've got a shopping addiction. XD

Naw tsukihi was always a purchase. It was a matter of time.

Bakemono GSC figures are all mine (minus kanbaru), stein gate GSC figures, Hyakka (alter) and BRS (GSC minus some of the animation and insane fig). O and strike witches (alter)

Also the price will go up. All you have to do is look at some exclusives and look at the prices. Kurisu exclusive is like 13-14k. and If AoT gets super big in the 2nd season...you can bet it will go atleast 200+

Also the price will go up. All you have to do is look at some exclusives and look at the prices. Kurisu exclusive is like 13-14k. and If AoT gets super big in the 2nd season...you can bet it will go atleast 200+

It's good you like that 200, because that's probably what you'll be paying after shipping. XD

chrono01

Thankfully, GSC's shipping [for anything] is only 2000 yen, so shipping the Mikasa DX Ver. won't cost much. What will cost a lot, though, is the actual price of the figure itself and, considering she's an exclusive [at least for the DX Ver.], no store discount.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Mikasa priced at 16000 yen so, with the 2000 yen shipping, be around 18000 yen total.

As for me, I'll be passing. I'm not as interested in the aesthetic appeal of the main characters in Attack on Titan as I am the actual story. I have the Figma of the three main characters [or rather, I will] as well as Levi. That's good enough for me.

She looks nice, though, I just don't feel like I need to own her, especially for that price and the amount of space she'll require to be displayed right.

Giolon

I had a big package day today! Three figures arrived, as well as my new macro lens. Of course I had to take it out for a spin this morning before I went to work. My first subject?

Wing's Fiona Yamashita Shunya ver. of course! Check out the power of this lens (the ISO, and thus noise, is still fairly high on these b/c they were taken indoors in relatively low light):

My next target? The new Mara Jade Bishoujo!

I don't think her face is quite as lovely as Jaina's, but holy smokes DAT ASS! Perfect timing for the "life vs hometown" debate don't you think?

Also arrived today is Melda, who I think turned out much better than Akira Yamamoto. It's still a bit tragic how they use such a matte material for the space suits, but her face looks good and close to the prototype rather than the sort of amorphous doughy look Akira's production run ended up with. I'll take photos of her later this weekend.

The third that arrived is the A/B Cryska Barchenowa that I got from AmiAmi pre-owned. I'm not sure if there's still interest in a photo shoot of her since she's kind of old.

As for me, I'll be passing. I'm not as interested in the aesthetic appeal of the main characters in Attack on Titan as I am the actual story. I have the Figma of the three main characters [or rather, I will] as well as Levi. That's good enough for me.

She looks nice, though, I just don't feel like I need to own her, especially for that price and the amount of space she'll require to be displayed right.

I'm definitely passing. Though I'd be surprised if you didn't cave within 24 hours of it going up for order. ;)

If I were to cave on anything in the coming months, it'll be motherfucking Benten.

chrono01

I'm definitely passing. Though I'd be surprised if you didn't cave within 24 hours of it going up for order. ;)

If I were to cave on anything in the coming months, it'll be motherfucking Benten.
That does sound like me, but I think I'll be able to hold out. I've actually cancelled a couple of my pre-orders [thankfully, I had them pre-ordered from HLJ] and will likely cancel another one soon.

I'm trying to be as serious as I can about "cutting back". I know it won't be easy, but I won't give up.

WolfStark

My next target? The new Mara Jade Bishoujo!

All in all she looks better than expected but I still have the feeling, that something went wrong with the face, was better in the Preview Shots but still not as bad as I feared. The body is perfect, I am glad she came out good and her ass really is one of the best I've ever seen.

Fiona is looking especially good, her face is so unbelievable true to Shunyas artwork. Without the line on the head she would be perfect.
Oh and I would like to see Cryska. She's not the newest but still a great figure.^^

That does sound like me, but I think I'll be able to hold out. I've actually cancelled a couple of my pre-orders [thankfully, I had them pre-ordered from HLJ] and will likely cancel another one soon.

I'm trying to be as serious as I can about "cutting back". I know it won't be easy, but I won't give up.

AoT pricing is gonna be bad. English version of the anime went up for order on Amazon, and its currently $76 (and that's after the discount) JUST FOR PART ONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom