• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammit, I finally got in my Figma BRS Strength and said it would be the only figure I ever bought but here I am with Nendo Link and the EOIV Sniper kit preordered for August. :(

This happens to everyone who sets foot in this thread. And yet people are always surprised when it happens to them. XD

It was $80 man. $80 *flips table*

OMG, dude. I would have put my fist through the monitor.

kewlmyc

I almost feel like I have no hope for Momohime unless I get lucky and find her at a con.

Do what I do. Create a email account just for figinstock alerts and set your phone to ring every time you get mail from that account. Also enter the figures you want at the restock page along with the preowned page. On Amiami, sometimes the figure pops up on the restock section a few minutes before it does on the preowned section.

So my bishoujo Armored Wonder Woman and Mara Jade showed up today. They're both fantastic. Mara Jade wasn't as tricky to assemble as Jaina was. Her body was intact except for an arm and one of her hands. No hairdryer trick required this time.

Emma Frost isn't that great. You aren't missing much.

Then can I have yours? XD

george_us

Received notification of an unopened regular Emma Frost bishoujo on Mandarake and within two minutes it sold. Rage storm incoming. T_T
FigsInStock seems to be useless for rare figures. I get notifications like 3 hours later from when the figure is listed as in stock. Kinda useless for figs like Momohime that sell out in 4.5 seconds.

Ryuuroden

I almost feel like I have no hope for Momohime unless I get lucky and find her at a con.

Well I was able to land Momohime like a month ago and I work like 12 hours a day and travel all over the midwest which means I have to do my amiami/mandarake used hunting by phone and hotel internet so it's doable :p. The one I got was linked to this forum by another member and I purchased her that way.

darklin0

Banned
Long time lurker, first time posting.

What do you guys use to clean your figures? I normally use a cloth and swiffer duster combo but there are some really hard to reach places sometimes. I recently started using compressed air dusters and it seems to do the trick.

What do you guys use to clean your figures? I normally use a cloth and swiffer duster combo but there are some really hard to reach places sometimes. I recently started using compressed air dusters and it seems to do the trick.

All that stuff tends to do the trick. Personally, I use a combination of microfiber cloth and paint brushes (yes, paint brushes) to get whatever dust settles in narrow grooves and the like.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Microfiber cloth for my detolfs, pvc hand duster, brushes, and compressed air cans for my figures.

javac

I gave up on Momohime. Seriously fuck her. I want to slap someone when I see her in my inbox and I click on the link and she's sold the fuck out. It's like...I'm done! Soo done! I'm over you girl! You don't even look that good and you sink. If I got her I'd just throw her against the wall in pure spite hoping her head breaks off. Get out of my face girl I'm so over you.
I'm heartbroken. Leave me alone. Baka Momohime.

I gave up on Momohime. Seriously fuck her. I want to slap someone when I see her in my inbox and I click on the link and she's sold the fuck out. It's like...I'm done! Soo done! I'm over you girl! You don't even look that good and you sink. If I got her I'd just throw her against the wall in pure spite hoping her head breaks off. Get out of my face girl I'm so over you.
I'm heartbroken. Leave me alone. Baka Momohime.

Dude, she shows up on AmiAmi fairly often. She usually sells quick, but if you check their pre-owned updates around 11:30pm-12am EST during the week, you may get lucky.

Just checked the prices on Emma Frost on ebay. Jesus christ.

How bad? She was up around $450-$500 last I checked Amazon. lololololololololol

I'd buy her for a decent price if I had the chance, but I don't feel any great urgency to own her. I have pretty much all the bishoujos I want so far, except for Catwoman.

If you only check sold listings, Emma Frost sells for $200-300 on ebay.

Still ridiculous. I paid $100 for The Ms. Marvel Binary bishoujo, which I felt was worth it because she's great.... but I wouldn't pay more than that for any bishoujo, considering the base pricing they all started at. I love the series, but they don't belong in the $150+ price-brackets.

johnsmith

remember me
At least Ms Marvel is probably the biggest bishoujo so far. Looking at ebay, prices for Emma Frost are all over the place, but one sold a few weeks ago for $450.

darklin0

Banned
All that stuff tends to do the trick. Personally, I use a combination of microfiber cloth and paint brushes (yes, paint brushes) to get whatever dust settles in narrow grooves and the like.

Microfiber cloth for my detolfs, pvc hand duster, brushes, and compressed air cans for my figures.

Oh cool! I never thought of using paint brushes. Will have to try that out next time, thanks for the tips.

Arveene

Neo Member
Hmmm.. usually when packages arrive (and clear customs) on the weekend, they'll be moved late night to the local post office late night Sunday and arrive on Monday. I wonder if Easter is going to mess with that. I should have like three packages arriving in the next few days here.

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-420500.html - Max Factory Haruhi Gekisou ver. - 10000 yen - haven't seen this one pop up in awhile

Edit: I usually take all my figures off the shelves, dust the shelves, clean the glass, and then dust the figures with a dusting cloth thingy and a brush.

javac

Dude, she shows up on AmiAmi fairly often. She usually sells quick, but if you check their pre-owned updates around 11:30pm-12am EST during the week, you may get lucky.

No it's bullshit. I'm in the UK and they update at 4am here like clockwork. 4am! I'm not staying up just to maybe get her! I'd rather hire someone to stay up for me.

I was up until 3am yesterday and I thought maybe I should stay up for another hour to see if I "get lucky". I get an email for a bunch of Panty and Stocking figures (since I have them on my Figinstock) at bang on 4:00am. It's just two prize figures and two Galaxxxy figures that are already sold. Whatever. Then I get a bunch of emails until 13:00 that comprise of a few Eva revoltechs, a few crappy kotobukiya figures, an Asuka Tekken Kotobukiya and a few dragon ball mangas. No cigar. The day I go to sleep early (as in the time normal humans go to sleep) is the day a whole bunch of fucking awesome Rei and Misato kotobukiya figures show up. I'd chop my arm off for them! 2 days in a row they showed up! Two!

I'm pretty sure Figinstock is broken or everyone's way to fucking fast. I'm on my phone. I get emails pushed to me instantly. I click on them straight away and she's already gone. Every time. I don't even want her now. I'm playing through Muramasa on my Vita right now and I don't even like her anymore. I'm officially over her! I have a new lover now!

I actually had that Emma Frost figure on my screen and she was in stock. I didn't realise she was going for that much and I didn't think she looked that good so I closed the tab. I've probably had a dozen rare, expensive figures that I could've bought but I didn't because God help me I have no idea what's rare or expensive and half the rare ones look meh!

This is why I just buy what I know I like. That Noriko kotobukiya being an example. It's just so much less headache. Fucking 4am...jesus.

Bombless

Momohime is simply one of the most wanted figures. She's been on the "Items on Fire" list on MFC for as long as I can remember, probably since before she was released even.

Amazing design, amazing sculpt, amazing manufacturer : you can bet there's TONS of people that are hunting her down. And like you said, the times when Amiami updates are known.

RMI

Banned
I'm pretty sure Figinstock is broken or everyone's way to fucking fast. I'm on my phone. I get emails pushed to me instantly. I click on them straight away and she's already gone. Every time. I don't even want her now. I'm playing through Muramasa on my Vita right now and I don't even like her anymore. I'm officially over her! I have a new lover now!

Don't give up! I have had similar frustrations trying to get figures in the past. You can do it.

Though about Figinstock being broken, you might be on to something. I don't always get an email when stuff is available. You might just want to start religiously checking mandrake. Pre-owned items seem to stealthily sneak in under the radar on that site.

Ryuuroden

Momohime is simply one of the most wanted figures. She's been on the "Items on Fire" list on MFC for as long as I can remember, probably since before she was released even.

Amazing design, amazing sculpt, amazing manufacturer : you can bet there's TONS of people that are hunting her down. And like you said, the times when Amiami updates are known.

I am starting to think I was way way more luckier than I thought when I got her through a post made on FigureGAF about her being on Mandarake like 2 months ago 0.o This was like at 10 am EST too. How the hell did I manage to snag her. It was only my 2nd serious try getting her and I didn't have her set as FiginStock alert either. I was just relying on the powers of GAF.

Bombless

I am starting to think I was way way more luckier than I thought when I got her through a post made on FigureGAF about her being on Mandarake like 2 months ago 0.o This was like at 10 am EST too. How the hell did I manage to snag her. It was only my 2nd serious try getting her and I didn't have her set as FiginStock alert either. I was just relying on the powers of GAF.

It's random, really. Sometimes a figure will stay a whole day up, sometimes it's gone by the time a fellow gaffer managed to post about it. It's just the way it goes.

I wouldn't let that get to me if I were you Javac, there will be other Momohime figures popping up.

Looks like Volks is releasing a new Valkyria character:
tumblr_n4c65myEG31qzdctco1_500.jpg

Chaika from the currently-airing anime Hitsugi no Chaika

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Haven't they re-released Momohime multiple times now? Her re-release was one of the first figures I ever pre-ordered. Another could be on the horizon.

Bombless

Since I'm going through an insomniac phase I decided to check out Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere...

The lewdness leaves me speechless.

Since I'm going through an insomniac phase I decided to check out Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere...

The lewdness leaves me speechless.

I tried it a ways back, but only got up to Episode 7 or 8. It didn't really do anything for me. Watching Psycho Pass and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, now. Both are awesome-sauce.

Bombless

The plot is super dumb, there's boin EVERYWHERE but the fights are awesome and I like the way they portray magic and powers. It's almost steampunk but not quite. Scratches that itch I guess.

kunonabi

Is Girls and Panzers worth watching? If I do, will I immediately want to go online and spend hundreds of dollars on figures?

It starts a little slow but I ended up really enjoying it. It doesn't push the envelope or anything but it's just damn solid entertainment.

As for figures I would spend way too much on it given the opportunity. I'd kill for the volleyball team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom