• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Day Two -

I'm still managing to resist the allure of the Mikasa DX Ver. pre-order. Must remain strong, must not succumb to pressure.

*sways back-and-forth*

kewlmyc

Day Two -

I'm still managing to resist the allure of the Mikasa DX Ver. pre-order. Must remain strong, must not succumb to pressure.

*sways back-and-forth*

1faEnTz.gif

Quit fighting, you can't resist.

javac

I want to link a figure but its a spoiler... GOD DAMN IT FINISH IT AND THEN LET ME LINK YOU SOMETHING #enable

I'm gonna start the show soon but I've seen enough of her figures already that I probably know what your talking about. Spoilers I guess:
Ultimate Madoka
and whatnot? Eh that kind of stuff is a given in a
magical girl show.

apricot

So if I theoretically wanted to buy that 2020 Miku fig, do you guys think I should wait, or is that a figure that is likely to go up in price/disappear from the market soon?

chrono01

Stay strong.

I'm still debating whether or not to hold onto my Phat Ryuko pre-order.
I will try!

As for Phat's Ryuko, I say hold onto her. This will likely be the only battle ready version we'll get [since GSC's is apparently doing one in her school/normal outfit], and I'm sure the end product will be worth the price. It's not as though she's extremely expensive, after all.

Quit fighting, you can't resist.
Yeah, that's more-or-less me right now. >_<

Man start Madoka Magica for the first time, like 5 episodes in im already wanting a figma or two.
Damn it.
Incredible series, enjoy!

Dude, not buying Mikasa was the easiest shit I've done in the past month.
I wish I could say that it's as easy for me. :(

RMI

Banned
So if I theoretically wanted to buy that 2020 Miku fig, do you guys think I should wait, or is that a figure that is likely to go up in price/disappear from the market soon?

Soon? Hard to say. They probably made a lot of 'em. I doubt it'll be in the bargain bin or anything, so a safe bet is just to buy one.

I'm gonna start the show soon but I've seen enough of her figures already that I probably know what your talking about. Spoilers I guess:
Ultimate Madoka
and whatnot? Eh that kind of stuff is a given in a
magical girl show.

THEN I HAVE TO LINK ITTTTTT

O and also for people that want to avoid customs for Mikasa....

I want to clarify something for everyone, This version of Mikasa isn't an exclusive. She will also be sold around the world at various retailers. For fans in Japan they can only pre-order her at the GSC online shop, so Japan based shops will not get her. But our partner shops will have her for pre-order and for sale in the future. You can pre-order directly at the GSC online shop (ext link) or check any one of te various retailers we work with around the world (ext link) and pre-order from them!
from mami tan on MFC

But don't count on rightstuf or ABCTOYS to be cheaper

http://partner.goodsmile.info/support/eng/partnershops/

Also Crunchyroll charges tax (for CA appparently) and anime jungle always hike their prices. Its basically the same deal with Shinobu. Shinobu was cheaper on Crunchroll but thats only for deal of the day and they charge you early. Also crunchyroll already has bad rep. For the madoka exclusive kimono figure, they sold out and cancel orders. Many users were then buttfucked because the price for an aftermarket one was 17-18k while the PO was like 10k

javac

I can't believe they bought all the cosplay gear and everything just for that! XD

I saw the prices of some of that stuff on AmiAmi.... not cheap. Especially the jacket.

Dedication my man. Her resolve knows no bounds. Speaking of Kill La Kill...Goku uniforms are available to buy...right? Along with scissor blades? Hmmmm...one day.
SatsukiXRyukoXRagyo aka Disco MILF

Er on topic, not many alerts from Figinstock these past two days.

Goku uniforms are available to buy...right? Along with scissor blades? Hmmmm...one day.
SatsukiXRyukoXRagyo aka Disco MILF

I've seen Goku uniform T-shirts for sale. And the scissor-blade was only inflatable, I believe. A real replica would be insane.

edit: omg, that .gif is adorable.

chrono01

Pretty much. Max Factory + Shining Wizard, I don't think you'll regret it.
I can go so far as to say that I guarantee that you won't regret it.

Seriously, Shining Wizard is one of a handful of sculptors that I will buy anything from. It doesn't matter whether I know the source material or not, that man is talented. The fact that he's partnered with Max Factory, who are known for their high-tier final products, only strengthens this belief.

So yeah, if I see a Shining Wizard sculpt show up for pre-order, I will hit the "Add to Cart" button without hesitation.

LiK

looks like AmiAmi is not gonna keep the combined order for 2020 Miku with Kamael. They want to ship Miku now and asking for payment again. Oh well. Shouldn't have bothered preordering it.

looks like AmiAmi is not gonna keep the combined order for 2020 Miku with Kamael. They want to ship Miku now and asking for payment again. Oh well. Shouldn't have bothered preordering it.

well.. they can't. Miku comes out this month and Kamael got delayed to next month. So yeah they can't combine it lol

chrono01

I've never bought a scaled figure before but I guess this'll be it... It's only a matter of when >_< also shelf space lol
Yes, do not resist. Once a Shining Wizard figure graces your presence, you will be a changed man. A slightly poorer man, perhaps, but a changed man nonetheless.

I'm pretty sure Shining Wizard sold his soul to some malevolent being for his ability. It is otherworldly.

chrono master wallet eatersalesman
I only speak the truth!

So let me ask you, what was your first Shining Wizard figure? If your answer is "None yet" I strongly urge you to reconsider your position on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom