• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arveene

Neo Member
So I missed the memo that IKEA discontuned the EXPEDIT and replaced it with KALLAX. That would be all fine and good except I don't see the 1x1 unit that people use to raise DETOLFs with. Anyone have a suggestion for a replacement? I want to raise mine so I can use the bottom shelf. A plus would be raising it and being able to store stuff.

sca2511

Batwoman Bishoujo, I'm excited, but it also seems pretty odd. I guess cause I haven't really found her to be a cute or sexy character.

How is the size of the ARTFX+ figures when compared to a Bishoujo?

darklin0

Banned
I placed my order for the DX version.

WOtPy3Z.gif

Now I am gonna go to bed and try not to think about it.

Why do we even preorder anymore?

Because we're big fat suckers who can't live without the peace-of-mind of knowing 100% for sure we're getting the waifus we want.

totally disagree, i think it looks pretty good. anyway, DX preordered. they got me.

It doesn't look bad, don't misunderstand. But for that price - Love is War DX was an impressive stand. Even the one they're giving Benten is impressive.

Because we don't want our figures to come pre-hotglued. Seriously though, there's always a chance something will go up significantly in price after it's released.

Edit:

Even if she does, right now she's available for lower than preorder price.

Thats still a risk. Deadly sins, Any decent exclusive, Alleyne, 1/4 sonico and all have gone up since release. None of them were cheaper than the PO price. Its a gamble.

javac

I have to admit...after looking at all these cool figures over the last few months, Tharja seems kind of dull looking now.
I'll buy her when I find her for around 6k

I have to admit...after looking at all these cool figures over the last few months, Tharja seems kind of dull looking now.
I'll buy her when I find her for around 6k

7k I can see. 6k? She would have to be re-released for that to happen for an A/B.

Imma grab dx mikasa I think.

Ah damn, so small. Shame though, since I like some of their designs.

Oh, I do too. But I've seen them up close at retail, and while they look pretty good, I don't feel them to be $40-good in most cases. But I did order that ArtFX+ Rocket Raccoon / Groot base figure, because Rocket is awesome.

javac

7k I can see. 6k? She would have to be re-released for that to happen for an A/B.

By setting up crazy goals, I'll never buy her and save money!

But seriously your right. She'll pop up for 6.5k for a split second one day. 7k is too much man. You add delivery and the price looks more like 9k and more like 12k with import duty. I can't do that if I want to buy multiple figures. I have soo many I want to buy but can't find and I need to save that 6k for when that figure I'm thirsty for finally shows up T_T Priorities man. Some figures I crave over more than others. My hierarchy knows no bounds and will not be budged!

...I want some Panty and Stocking figures.

By setting up crazy goals, I'll never buy her and save money!

But seriously your right. She'll pop up for 6.5k for a split second one day. 7k is too much man. You add delivery and the price looks more like 9k and more like 12k with import duty. I can't do that if I want to buy multiple figures. I have soo many I want to buy but can't find and I need to save that 6k for when that figure I'm thirsty for finally shows up T_T Priorities man. Some figures I crave over more than others. My hierarchy knows no bounds and will not be budged!

...I want some Panty and Stocking figures.

lewd ones are orchid seed http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...ds=panty+figure$pagemax=20$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

non lewd is alter
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...ds=panty+figure$pagemax=20$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

7k The lowest it will go for a/b at the moment

javac

I was going to get that lewd one (don't find it very lewd tbh). It was in stock a few months back but I hesitated. 7k is too much. Man even 6k is too much. My sweet spot is 4k and under. Even then I have to think about it. I'm too poor and stingy for anything else. Not too big of a fan of the alter ones. I really like these tho. Looking everywhere for them.

johnsmith

remember me
I was going to get that lewd one (don't find it very lewd tbh). It was in stock a few months back but I hesitated. 7k is too much. Man even 6k is too much. My sweet spot is 4k and under. Even then I have to think about it. I'm too poor and stingy for anything else. Not too big of a fan of the alter ones. I really like these tho. Looking everywhere for them.

10670684575_0cf13da405_b.jpg

tumblr_mp261tDXnf1qfajx4o1_500.gif

Repent motherfucker!

LiK

It doesn't look bad, don't misunderstand. But for that price - Love is War DX was an impressive stand. Even the one they're giving Benten is impressive.

i know, the premium for it isn't worth the extra $50 (with shipping) but it really sucks how the vanilla one basically doesn't have a good alt base. but i'm a sucker for Mikasa figures right now and she looks pretty awesome with the rooftop base. sigh sigh

Queen's Blade: Beautiful Fighters - Alleyne A/B 13,980
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...ortkey=preowned$pagemax=60$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

God I wish my finances weren't completely fubar'd...

fucking hell, preowned for that price? glad i decided to just grab it from BBTS. it was around the same price. now they're sold out there too.

i know, the premium for it isn't worth the extra $50 (with shipping) but it really sucks how the vanilla one basically doesn't have a good alt base. but i'm a sucker for Mikasa figures right now and she looks pretty awesome with the rooftop base. sigh sigh

fucking hell, preowned for that price? glad i decided to just grab it from BBTS. it was around the same price. now they're sold out there too.

just order it and then if you want you can just resell it and buy the vanilla. Trust me. The exclusive will go for a higher price by a large margin.

Tsukihi exclusive is just a recolor and its like 14-15k+. Normal version is like 8-9k

I can't name a single high priority scaled figure exclusive from GSC in recent years that has gone down in price.

Kurisu, Miku (love is war), tsukihi, tenshi, cheerful miku and more. The only exception might be saber but only because the regular version looks better (lol)

LiK

just order it and then if you want you can just resell it and buy the vanilla. Trust me. The exclusive will go for a higher price by a large margin.

Tsukihi exclusive is just a recolor and its like 14-15k+. Normal version is like 8-9k

I can't name a single high priority scaled figure exclusive from GSC in recent years that has gone down in price.

i preordered it already. couldn't really resist, tbh.

meijiko

Husband talked me into preordering Mikasa, even though she's my least favorite of the four "main" characters. Can't really go wrong with GSC, though I'm not splurging on the base.

And that Aoba was too cute to pass up. I know next to nothing about the series still, but I'm planning on at least watching the anime this summer.

Seems like it, although I can't imagine her being SAL-able. Given her pose, it wouldn't surprise me if she were EMS-only, but I might be surprised.

it looks sal-able easily.

Tsukihi is sal-able and her base is bigger. Mikasa DX might not be sal-able but thats due to base

AOT is to big for this figure to be a loss. At the very worse you could resell it at cost.

If emma frost can sell for 300 bucks then you can easily bet that you can get some American sucker to pay that much for this.

Imagine AoT popularity if it ever goes to Toonami

Arveene

Neo Member
Thats still a risk. Deadly sins, Any decent exclusive, Alleyne, 1/4 sonico and all have gone up since release. None of them were cheaper than the PO price. Its a gamble.

Oh for sure. I definitely agree with you there. I find that it's much easier to just place the preorder and not worry about trying to find it later. It's much more convenient, and I purchase enough every month that I don't have to worry about finding one place that has everything in stock. I wonder if you can come up with some sort of pattern though to mitigate the risks. Gigantic boxes, scale, stuff like that. Another thing to consider is whether or not you save enough on your purchases overall by buying after release to make up for the ones that do go up.

Anyone know of a proxy site that's able/willing to purchase yamatocrew.jp exclusives?

Edit: Oh man, I feel like I've dodged a bullet. I've avoided the AoT wallet destruction, none of it interests me.

Oh hmm...this is weird then. Amiami says the regular is 18% off at over 11k, but BIJ says the regular is 16% off at under 11k.

So which one is right?

amiami charges higher due to japanese tax I believe

Oh for sure. I definitely agree with you there. I find that it's much easier to just place the preorder and not worry about trying to find it later. It's much more convenient, and I purchase enough every month that I don't have to worry about finding one place that has everything in stock. I wonder if you can come up with some sort of pattern though to mitigate the risks. Gigantic boxes, scale, stuff like that. Another thing to consider is whether or not you save enough on your purchases overall by buying after release to make up for the ones that do go up.

Anyone know of a proxy site that's able/willing to purchase yamatocrew.jp exclusives?

Trends are
1) is it an exclusive?
2a) is it popular?
3) is it from a good company?
it will go up in price

2b) is it popular
3a) is it over produced? if yes then
4a) price will go down for a bit then rise (u. madoka example)

big boxes matter a bit but only for short term it seems. Look at fate zero saber with the bike. It was ems. Same with odin sphere gwen and they all go for higher prices than before. They dipped at first but were at times immediately sold.

Release also fucks things up a bit. Jubei got re-released twice and shes now like 5-6k. While Momohime is still 11-13k +

Its also depends on how the series is and how hype it get as well.

meijiko

Edit: Oh man, I feel like I've dodged a bullet. I've avoided the AoT wallet destruction, none of it interests me.

You have no idea. I spent probably $400 easily this weekend on AoT stuff, and that's not even mentioning all the preorders I've made. It doesn't help that Levi kind of hits me in my weak spot. It's been ages since I've had it so bad for a character.

Toki767

I'm honestly half tempted to risk seeing if a used Mikasa pops up for under 10k and half tempted to just preorder from BIJ for 12K total. How is BIJ with cancellations?

chrono01

BIJ are the same as most Japanese retailers, outside of HLJ. They, in general, don't accept them, but I've heard they will do it once or twice. Don't abuse it, though.

The more I look at the size dimensions for Mikasa, the more I think I might pass on her. She seems to be pretty small being only 17cm, which is the same as GSC's Inori [who I was incredibly disappointed with]. Even the regular version of Madoka, who's a little girl, was 19cm, and they're both 1/8 scale. Given the amount of detail in this one, everything is likely to be super-small. Sure, with the roof base it'll appear larger than it is, but the actual figure won't be.

Perhaps I'm just looking for reasons to not order her, and it's working. Somewhat.

Toki767

Well I think she's only small because of the pose. If she were standing upright with a different pose, she'd obviously be taller.

chrono01

Well I think she's only small because of the pose. If she were standing upright with a different pose, she'd obviously be taller.
True, but she'll still only be 17cm's tall [from head-to-foot].

Her body is in a squat, so I guess I can see why it might be a bit smaller, but I still feel as though 17cm is a bit too small. I'm just worried that you won't be able to see the detail on all of the little pieces, such as the wear/tear on the maneuver gear, in the final product. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom