• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
StarshipPooper1342984248.jpeg

tempted.... It would finish my collection of hyakka samurai butttt I have a feeling she will get a master samurai version

So far 1 of the 4 dark samurai is sculpted, and 1 of the old cast has a master samurai version coming (matabei). Which means only 1 (hanzo) is left without a master samurai figure.

....tempted to get the OG but it cost a ton, but I probably will wait for alter to make a master samurai version. Makes no sense to leave one of the members out.
edit
I'm retarded. Naoe doesn't have one either. BLEHHHH maybe i do have to get the OG.

2nd edit
EMS only so yeah... fuck that. Not emsing one figure lol. especially if its not something I really need to have. I'll just wait for alter's master samurai version if they ever make one.

Bombless

tempted.... It would finish my collection of hyakka samurai butttt I have a feeling she will get a master samurai version

So far 1 of the 4 dark samurai is sculpted, and 1 of the old cast has a master samurai version coming (matabei). Which means only 1 (hanzo) is left without a master samurai figure.

....tempted to get the OG but it cost a ton, but I probably will wait for alter to make a master samurai version. Makes no sense to leave one of the members out.
edit
I'm retarded. Naoe doesn't have one either. BLEHHHH maybe i do have to get the OG.

2nd edit
EMS only so yeah... fuck that. Not emsing one figure lol. especially if its not something I really need to have. I'll just wait for alter's master samurai version if they ever make one.

Indeed.

RMI

Banned
in my case, changed woman ^^

also yes gosh I did some searching for Shining Wizard figures and oh myyyyy

yep, his work is fantastic. If you're all at into Catherine I highly recommend tracking that one down, it's great. Also Nuclear Fusion Rin Kagamine is awesome. Tharja too, of course.

I bought all 5 GSC ones and then Ultimate Madoka. There better be a
demon homura
Want that as well, no telling on the figma side though their character selection is all over the place. Though that is one that I would take any version of.
probably going to skip the school uniform versions.

RMI

Banned
my 1/7 Tony Ver Miku is FINALLY at the local PO, after almost 7 weeks since Mandarake shipped. It was stuck in customs for 30 days and went to the wrong city after sorting at the regional center, but now it's finally almost here.

my 1/7 Tony Ver Miku is FINALLY at the local PO, after almost 7 weeks since Mandarake shipped. It was stuck in customs for 30 days and went to the wrong city after sorting at the regional center, but now it's finally almost here.

Good to hear, I think I would lose my shit if something of mine was stuck in customs that long.

RMI

Banned
I was losing my shit. I had to call NY ISC to figure out what was going on. If you ever have a package stuck in customs you need to call the direct number, just calling the regular customer service number won't get you anywhere even if you can talk to a human.

meijiko

Welp finished the series and the 3rd movie...
going to need all the figmas now.

I have to say, I can't really recommend the Ultimate Madoka figma. It has got to be the most finnicky figma I've ever dealt with, and I have quite a few. She's so heavy that her stand doesn't work very well, and a piece of her hair actually broke when I was trying to put her parts together (it was a seam break and easy fix, but still).

I love the others, though.

pAuWctE.jpg

Yeah GEM series are weird, at times their are tons of accessories and sometimes none, but they are primarily good figures imo, depending on what the figure is based on can probably get some cheap XD

So yeah they're good.

Yes, do not resist. Once a Shining Wizard figure graces your presence, you will be a changed man. A slightly poorer man, perhaps, but a changed man nonetheless.

I'm pretty sure Shining Wizard sold his soul to some malevolent being for his ability. It is otherworldly.

I would argue "much poorer", but still happy ;).

Bombless

I have to say, I can't really recommend the Ultimate Madoka figma. It has got to be the most finnicky figma I've ever dealt with, and I have quite a few. She's so heavy that her stand doesn't work very well, and a piece of her hair actually broke when I was trying to put her parts together (it was a seam break and easy fix, but still).

http://i.imgur.com/pAuWctE.jpg

Great display!

darklin0

Banned
I like my GEM Naruto this year, so many parts and faces and hands, and good pose. Sasuke I didnt like because it has way less than Naruto.

I guess I judge this line by how much it comes with.

Yeah GEM series are weird, at times their are tons of accessories and sometimes none, but they are primarily good figures imo, depending on what the figure is based on can probably get some cheap XD

So yeah they're good.

Alright, cool. I might preoder but I think I may wait to see if I can get it a bit cheaper, thanks.

figma in general just became too finnicky for me, and I've all but stopped collecting them on account of that.

My figma eren and nendo eren finally shipped from goodsmileonline, but i wish they had combined them in the same order as it seems a waste to make two different shipments on the same day...

Anyway my first nendo and figma, curious how they look in real life.

meijiko

figma in general just became too finnicky for me, and I've all but stopped collecting them on account of that.

I've gotten used to most of their quirks, but yeah I get what you mean. I thought I was done with figmas, too, after Kirito and Asuna, but then I watched AoT and had to amend that. Those characters were really made for figmas.

dakkumauji, calling dakkumauji:

Although these better tbph:

Not (re)buying the first set since they just released the original version of it earlier this year. At least not for two recolors of the characters.

I uh, think already ordered that third set. Maybe? I know I ordered some upcoming BASARA set, lol.

chrono01

in my case, changed woman ^^

also yes gosh I did some searching for Shining Wizard figures and oh myyyyy
I am sorry to single out a gender. Surely a changed woman is also a guarantee.

you cant tempt me makoto
With time you will give in.

Oh yes...

There are like what...a dozen Shining Wizard figures? And 3 or 4 of them are Miku.

Shining Wizard has done:

Sansai Muramasa:

Catherine:

Zero Suit Samus:

Elf:

Tharja:

Samurai:

Hacker:

7th Dragon 2020 Hatsune Miku:

Psychic [not yet released, but looks amazing]:

He's done some other releases too, but these are his most impressive works [in my opinion].

As you can see, he is quite-skilled. There's a reason why he's recommended by so many collector's, myself included. :)

http://i.imgur.com/pAuWctE.jpg

Thanks,
Seems awesome that Sayaka and Mami figma come with 8 swords and rifles.
I expected maybe 2 each.

Bombless

What is Samurai from?

Samurai, Hacker, Psychic and Miku are from 7th Dragon 2020, a videogame. (Miku sings the opening song)

Finished Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere. I ended up liking it very much. Shame the anime ended so fast, just as things got good.

Will definitely grab Kazuno and Tomo later this year (Kazuno came out a while ago and is still being sold, and Tomo will probably be the same since she's crazy expensive). The latter's Life reminds me I also have to try to fit Meiko Shiraki in the 2nd half of 2014 budget somehow.

catherine was going for like 6-7k for the LONGEST time.

The only problem with her is the yellow they used for her hair. Its kinda green tint yellow

chrono01

Didn't he also do Elsie which is fantastic as well.
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/61336
61336.jpg

She's the only SW figure I own beside Thajra. I want Catherine, but screw that price.
Yeah, I didn't mention her, but she's another nice figure. I don't own her, though.

The only problem with her is the yellow they used for her hair. Its kinda green tint yellow
I'm still trying to track down Catherine for a decent price. :/

Giolon

I always had a problem with her face. It looked too hawkish and elongated. The source art always has her face looking very flat, and round, and sort of heart-shaped. It didn't translate to 3D well.

Bombless

I always had a problem with her face. It looked too hawkish and elongated. The source art always has her face looking very flat, and round, and sort of heart-shaped. It didn't translate to 3D well.

Yeah, I'm also bothered about Catherine's face. I would had jumped on her otherwise, I loved the game.

I'm going to end up with quite a collection of girls with giant weapons at this rate. Kazuno's concrete swords look wicked and Tomo has nothing to envy in the BIG assetsweapon department. Hopefully poor Futayo won't mind, Slicing Dragonfly seems tiny compared to them.

Bought a used figure from AmiAmi, because I thought I might as well get something along with the Xenosaga perfect works reprint.

The thing is still completely sealed and is a hassle to open up lol.

Bought a used figure from AmiAmi, because I thought I might as well get something along with the Xenosaga perfect works reprint.

The thing is still completely sealed and is a hassle to open up lol.

Unless the figure was in A/B condition, I'm relatively sure that they do some resealing work on their pre-owned items with tape and plastic sheets.

Ken

Yeah, I'm also bothered about Catherine's face. I would had jumped on her otherwise, I loved the game.

I'm going to end up with quite a collection of girls with giant weapons at this rate. Kazuno's concrete swords look wicked and Tomo has nothing to envy in the BIG assetsweapon department. Hopefully poor Futayo won't mind, Slicing Dragonfly seems tiny compared to them.

tomoooo

Arveene

Neo Member
As requested by Bombless, here's my March order of wallet destruction.

vibs.jpg

One of the nightmare mikus is for a friend and I already unboxed and put up Alleyne.

Bombless

xor5co0.gif

Meiko! I'd like to see some pictures of her if you unbox her. Also hope you're keeping the Miku version of Calne (not overly fond of the nurse ver, though I would had taken it for mom if she wasn't grossed out by her :D).

apricot

I am sorry to single out a gender.

Oh, not a problem! I wasn't offended, but since I'm turning into a bit of a regular here I just thought I'd correct you

Jeeze I could really see myself collecting those 7th Dragon figs. I haven't even played the games yet but I've always loved the designs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom