• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BIJ are the same as most Japanese retailers, outside of HLJ. They, in general, don't accept them, but I've heard they will do it once or twice. Don't abuse it, though.

The more I look at the size dimensions for Mikasa, the more I think I might pass on her. She seems to be pretty small being only 17cm, which is the same as GSC's Inori [who I was incredibly disappointed with]. Even the regular version of Madoka, who's a little girl, was 19cm, and they're both 1/8 scale. Given the amount of detail in this one, everything is likely to be super-small. Sure, with the roof base it'll appear larger than it is, but the actual figure won't be.

Perhaps I'm just looking for reasons to not order her, and it's working. Somewhat.

saw your post.

There is no doubt figure prices have gone up.

Bombless

Split Miho off my Hobby Search April order and sent Amiami the mail to remove Kamael. It's time to pay my regular dealers!

I find Mikasa's price ridiculous for her size, but it probably has to do with the fact that I don't care much about the line. I still maintain the figmas are their best versions for the poseability factor (which, for a series that revolves around acrobatic movements, is very important imo).

We all have our demons however, so spend away! I'm sure some people will laugh at me the day the GaruPan tank will come out and my life savings will dissapear in that moe, steel and petrol flavoured black hole.

chrono01

saw your post.

There is no doubt figure prices have gone up.
It's depressing too, since I do like the design/pose of her. I'm just finding it difficult to accept the price of it, especially considering the awful CAD exchange rate. Of course, it will likely have changed by the time of the release [hopefully for the better], but I can't trust on that.

I'm not saying that Mikasa is a definite "no", but I'll definitely sleep on it. If she sells out in the time it takes me to decide, so be it, but I'm not going to commit to a pre-order without thinking things over more first.

Toki767

I do wish Mikasa came with the green cloak. But I know they based her off one of the DVD covers. A 1/7 scale model probably would've been a better decision for the price.

I'm guessing GSC is just gauging interest before committing to making more figures of her though.

Edit: I actually forgot Kotobukiya are making a Mikasa figure as well. I think I might just wait to see how their version looks. Then risk buying the normal version used down the line if it turns out to be better.

Bombless

Sonico Young Tomboy version Amiami preview. You can tell Meshi is trying real hard not to go the usual way haha.

Welp, Amiami doesn't kid around. Payment request already sent and dealt with. 6k EMS for Velvet, Armoured WW and Mara Jade. Can't wait! Will pass by the local figures shop and see if they still have Jaina Solo. And maybe I'll bite on that limited edition Harley Bisho. They also had Sue Storm. And the Normandy SR1 replica.
On second thought, I really should stay away from that store.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Ordered the regular version of Mikasa from Amiami. Is the only difference between the two is the base she uses?

Thinking about getting Jaina Solo here in a bit to keep Mara company.

george_us

I have to admit...after looking at all these cool figures over the last few months, Tharja seems kind of dull looking now.
I'll buy her when I find her for around 6k
Wot

Tharja's has a good chance of being the best figure released this year imo. The only challengers I see are the Megahouse Trio and possibly Phat! Ryuko. And after Bayonetta I'm not inclined to really trust Phat but that pose was too much to pass up.

kewlmyc

Wot

Tharja's has a good chance of being the best figure released this year imo. The only challengers I see are the Megahouse Trio and possibly Phat! Ryuko. And after Bayonetta I'm not inclined to really trust Phat but that pose was too much to pass up.

Only if they fix that godawful paintjob.

Bah, I'm too late to this hobby. 99% of the stuff I'm interested in was released years ago and long sold out. Aftermarket prices suck but I'm still willing to go for 1-2 a year at those rates.

Bah, I'm too late to this hobby. 99% of the stuff I'm interested in was released years ago and long sold out. Aftermarket prices suck but I'm still willing to go for 1-2 a year at those rates.

Take a look at AmiAmi's used section. Check it daily as they put new stuff up a lot. That is what I have been doing personally.

Decided to yolo it and pre-order Lum from Hobby Search; apparently they only ship EMS or SAL small packet. Or at least I didn't see an option for SAL registered.

Now, what are the odds that she'll be a bargain bin figure? Not like I care; Lum was pretty much an insta-buy despite not matching Takahashi's art.

Mara Jade came out spectacularly. Kotobukiya's painters have been on point yet again.

I gave up on Momohime. Seriously fuck her. I want to slap someone when I see her in my inbox and I click on the link and she's sold the fuck out. It's like...I'm done! Soo done! I'm over you girl! You don't even look that good and you sink. If I got her I'd just throw her against the wall in pure spite hoping her head breaks off. Get out of my face girl I'm so over you.
I'm heartbroken. Leave me alone. Baka Momohime.

By any chance are you from Canada?

Giolon

8000 yen for that Lum figure? Jesus Christ, Koto.

I have a feeling this one is going to bargain bin.

I've already got my Hanshin Tigers ver, Kaiyodo Bottle Topper, and figma versions of Lum.

javac

10670684575_0cf13da405_b.jpg

tumblr_mp261tDXnf1qfajx4o1_500.gif

Repent motherfucker!

...Fuck. *unzips
wallet
and releases his wad
of cash
all over the screen*

Wot

She's really good! Craftsmanship is second to none. Tharja's just a boring, dull character to me. She's no waifu of mine! That's why I'm after P&S figures amongst others. Really lively and colourful! Everyone who has tharja enjoys her. That's fine :)

By any chance are you from Canada?

No sorry I'm from the UK, the worst place to be a purchaser of figures.

Toki767

Damn...that's almost $600.

Is there one of those spinning animated gif pictures for the Mikasa figure like how there was one for the Dragon's Crown Elf figure? Still debating on whether to order it or not.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Never seen them write "+VAT charge."

I just use tipp-ex and change the customs charge to £1. Works every time.*

*This is a total fabrication. Please don't risk it, you could get in deep trouble.

Toki767

I think that's a MegaHouse thing.

Aww. I'm still tempted, but I can't quite pull the trigger. It being in October makes it even harder since everything comes out between September and November. Wish it would've been an August release. Then I'd feel no guilt in ordering it. Especially when the Tales of Xillia 2 CE is even more expensive.

WolfStark

The picture of the whole body is so undetailed, that it's kinda useless, wish there would be a better one but couldn't found one yet. The picture of the head on the other hand is awesome. Her face screams "don't fuck me up!", really hope they don't, she deserves good painting! If they did such a good job on the rest of the body, I am sure Jason is going as great as I expect her to be.
Freddy's blood-base looks cool, I hope they give her one too.

nny

That Mikasa is gorgeous...but I'm done buying Shingeki no Kyojin figures:

I just love that Titan P

As of now, I'm trying to convince myself I do not want this Kirigiri:

183972_s0.jpg

Dang forgot to preorder Kirigiri XD, sites that will mark down aren't around XD, will either wait for release or order from Amiami, cause lmao to HLJ's 10,000 JPY to Amiami's 8,620 JPY preorders.

Dang forgot to preorder Kirigiri XD, sites that will mark down aren't around XD, will either wait for release or order from Amiami, cause lmao to HLJ's 10,000 JPY to Amiami's 8,620 JPY preorders.

Pre-ordering doesn't even seem to mean shit anymore. Just that "I'm a sucker who paid full price."

TAKAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
A GK, sadly.

SHINOBUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!
Another GK. Now I really has a sad. :(

This attitude is going to make the tears that much more delicious when the next Momohime/Catwoman equivalent rolls around.

I buy all of the interesting Marvel / DC bishoujos now, so I'm not gonna miss the next Catwoman! XD

Besides, Koto produces such huge runs of their figures now, I don't think I could.

RMI

Banned
holy fuck that shinobu GK. I am on a self-imposed figure buying moratorium for the next few months, but i would break it into a thousand pieces for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom