• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateDog

My Metal Gear RAY Kotobukiya model set arrived this morning (bizarrely, without any customs fees, despite the fact that 2 CDs coming to $50 and being listed as a gift last week had due fees, but this being more expensive is without them, I seriously don't understand the Irish postal system). Haven't a clue when I'll set it up, won't be for a while until I finally sort out some spacing issues since I have like 3 figures unopened but I'm glad it's here. Black REX is next month (if I have the money for it at the right time).

Obligatory poor quality photo still in wrapping:

Up21CCql.jpg

kewlmyc

Anything good?

Where? If you don't mind me asking.

Max Factory's Psychic (NSFW-ish)
Alter's Haruka
Alter's Makoto
Megahouse's Kise
Union's Kat on the main sites most likely

So exotic strippers and hot guys pretty much. Only interested in Kat though. Haruka and Makoto are from Free! so they'll print money, but they're being made to order so they'll probably be hard to find in a year or so. They are also the cheapest of the figures coming out tonight surprisingly.

Also everything I listed is coming out in September, lol.

How is that Dizzy figure?

Remember hearing something about her wings eventually sagging or something with time.

Where? If you don't mind me asking.

dizzy wings are fine. Atleast mine are. MFC seems like no issues as well unless you got like intense aussie heat with no AC

edit
yesss
tumblr_n5igv3nop41qzdctco2_400.jpg

RMI

Banned
^^ love that panty fig but way too lewd for my collection. Such a great pose.

Looking at Kat some more and I'm thinking she'll be pretty widely available after release at a discount or pre-owned. I'm willing to take the risk on this one because it's from an iffy company. If it were GSC or something and the face were a smidge better it would be an insta-buy for me.

chrono01

I ordered Asuka since, well...this is probably the only one we'll get by a respectable manufacturer. I do like Phat Company's current Senran Kagura figures, especially Hibari, but for whatever reason, it seems Asuka is of the less popular characters when it comes to figures, which is odd considering she's pretty much the main character of the series. :/

As for the face, it does look slightly off, however I think we can all agree that the Life and Hometown is perfect.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I ordered Asuka since, well...this is probably the only one we'll get by a respectable manufacturer. I do like Phat Company's current Senran Kagura figures, especially Hibari, but for whatever reason, it seems Asuka is of the less popular characters when it comes to figures, which is odd considering she's pretty much the main character of the series. :/

As for the face, it does look slightly off, however I think we can all agree that the Life and Hometown is perfect.

It is sort of odd. I would think Asuka would be pretty popular. I guess Katsuragi fulfills the ecchi, Hibari fulfills the moe, and Ikaruga has that hime fan-following. You don't see a ton of Jubei either.

I have the Chara-Ani Asuka, and while they're not the best manufacturer, I thought their rendition was really accurate (maybe because they also make the little figures that came with the Limited Editions in Japan?). It was overpriced, though.

GAAAAAAAH!!!!!!! I want Kat so much, but I know Psychic is going to be the better value for the money, and Union Creative is an unknown quantity for me as far as quality is concerned.

Ken

I don't like that Kat figure, and I really loved Gravity Daze.

There's something very off-putting about the figure to me.

I don't like that Kat figure, and I really loved Gravity Daze.

There's something very off-putting about the figure to me.

I don't think it looks bad, but the close-ups that BiJ has up on their site do make the quality look a smidge fishy.

*sigh*

Psychic it is. I have no choice.

chrono01

Yeah, the face just looks a bit...strange. I don't know if it's the mouth or whatever, but it bothers me.

Torpedo nipples or not, I think Psychic would be a much better purchase. Personally, while I'd rather they not be as...pronounced, I think she still looks incredible. I know I'll be placing my pre-order when it goes live tomorrow night.

Torpedo nipples or not, I think Psychic would be a much better purchase. Personally, while I'd rather they not be as...pronounced, I think she still looks incredible. I know I'll be placing my pre-order when it goes live tomorrow night.

Is Psychic another Shining Wizard figure?

johnsmith

remember me
Get Psychic. Isn't that gravity daze figure from a c-list company?

What!? No way am I buying torpedo-tits over a figure of KAT. I don't care if fucking Funko makes her at that this point.

I don't think it looks bad, but the close-ups that BiJ has up on their site do make the quality look a smidge fishy.

*sigh*

Psychic it is. I have no choice.

DffdEDR.jpg

Is Psychic another Shining Wizard figure?
Yes. You don't change horses midstream.

Josephl64

Asuka is pretty popular, just not out of the main 5 from that school, talk about sadness is the other schools not really getting represented that much, or at all...

RMI

Banned
she has kind of a strange duck-face expression going on, but for the right price i would bite anyway. Really fantastic character design that deserves figs.

Well I am scared guys.

I am about to start the Monogatari series, I already like the look of some of the figures already made for the show. Let's hope this doesn't make me go broke.

RMI

Banned
^^ oh you're fucked.

do yourself a favor and track down a place to buy Koto's upcoming Shinobu fig now. Get the GSC one while you're at it.

kewlmyc

Well I am scared guys.

I am about to start the Monogatari series, I already like the look of some of the figures already made for the show. Let's hope this doesn't make me go broke.

haha, you're fucked. It'll be easier if you just pick your favorite and stick with that.

LiK

Ugh, finally sold a figure I've been relisting on eBay for a while and it's from a 0 feedback guy who just registered today. Hope it's not some scammer.

Ugh, finally sold a figure I've been relisting on eBay for a while and it's from a 0 feedback guy who just registered today. Hope it's not some scammer.

Uhh..I would be highly skeptical of that buyer. I am scared to sell on ebay...they really don't take care of their sellers.

Regardless I hope it goes well.

LiK

Uhh..I would be highly skeptical of that buyer. I am scared to sell on ebay...they really don't take care of their sellers.

Regardless I hope it goes well.

I've been fine with other 0 FB guys lately, but they just never leave me FB after a sale. I use USPS with tracking so they can never say it's lost. Anyway, wish me luck!

Thank god for Amiami pre--owned, my Max Factory Yuki Nagato just came in today. Managed to swipe her last week when the pre-owned figs got updated.

On a side note, would
n't even
consider buying that Yoko for 30k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom