• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nny

Just got this....OBJECTION!

8DC8F989-A5B6-41B4-8E84-FA09EF49853A-266-00000039A2A94809_zps5ad9479d.jpg

Oh man, mine should arrive this week too; how is it, good details?

Oh boy, oh boy; this looks great

Really beginning to hate Neogaf... So many things just wanting me to spend my money!

So wanting to preorder this.

figma_Black_Rock_Shooter_Non_Scale_Pre-Painted_PVC_Figure_Streng_318687.6.jpg

No idea of any of what its about (Now know it was a tv series), but its so damn cool...

Thing is with Girlfriend and a baby how do I justify what many people may perceive to be childish (I'll be 29 when this comes out)?

LiK

Oh man, mine should arrive this week too; how is it, good details?

Oh boy, oh boy; this looks great

Phoenix looks great. The best thing is he is in scale and in the same style as the Edgeworth figure so I can display them together proudly. :)

I also agree about the AoT Nendo. I am sooooo getting that. The lil figures are great.

Bombless

Thing is with Girlfriend and a baby how do I justify what many people may perceive to be childish (I'll be 29 when this comes out)?

That's the thing, you don't have to justify anything. It's a hobby like any other (and figmas are one of the still relatively cheaper side of this hobby).

I jumped on that figma without knowing the source material as well. It's just incredible.

Also Giolon,sir, I approve of your ruthlessness. I didn't want to be too pushy with george_us and you dove right in.

I'll add this : if you get PeeGee you need to get her alter-ego!

3nWkMtol.jpg

Going to order some figures, a quick question, I've noticed that some figures have clear plastic stands to put them in certain poses. Do these come with the figures or will i need to purchase them separately?
also any Gaffers from UK ordered from playasia? Are they good?

paOS-13-71-8x-49-en-70-3sm0.html

Looks ace and for my girlfriend as she lovesNightmare before Christmas... Sweeten her up up for:

figma-black-rock-shooter-non-scale-prepainted-pvc-figure-strengt-paOS-13-49-en-70-6twf.html

Just need to play the waiting game

Going to order some figures, will post pics later but a quick question, I've noticed that some figures have clear plastic stands to put them in certain poses. Do these come with the figures or will i need to purchase them separately?

What exactly do you want to order? I'd avoid playasia due to the pricing. There are better places to get figures from, but it depends on what you want. My personal recommendation is Nippon-Yasan.

What exactly do you want to order? I'd avoid playasia due to the pricing. There are better places to get figures from, but it depends on what you want. My personal recommendation is Nippon-Yasan.

Already ordered them.
Pricing seemed ok, know there are cheaper places, but it seemed good. Will keep Nippon-Yasan in mind tho thank you

LadyRiven

Going to order some figures, a quick question, I've noticed that some figures have clear plastic stands to put them in certain poses. Do these come with the figures or will i need to purchase them separately?

paOS-13-71-8x-49-en-70-3sm0.html

Looks ace and for my girlfriend as she lovesNightmare before Christmas... Sweeten her up up for:

figma-black-rock-shooter-non-scale-prepainted-pvc-figure-strengt-paOS-13-49-en-70-6twf.html

Just need to play the waiting game

Figmas, Nendoroids and all those posable figures come with stands.

Is there a gallery of all the garage kits at wonfes? I've not really seen any.

Tomopop has just started one:
http://www.tomopop.com/wonder-festival-2013-summer-anime-garage-kits-part-1--31482.phtml

They sourced these site, so you can see them all without waiting for part 2:
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/681/681373/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/62936343@N03/sets/72157634827427016/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hkdmz/sets/72157634827430281/

People like Dragon Crown here, so Garage Kits:
9383879329_8100ba30fe_c.jpg

Amazoness's neck looks like it's about to snap lol
9386576424_4553722f19_c.jpg

Chie fans still strong XD

Busaiku

Hurray, this Waver Velvet Altair came in!
StzhvdU.jpg

Couple things that differ from the promotional material...
The stand that you place Waver on is brown, not clear, and Alexander has his own clear stand.
You can't lock Waver into the big stand though, which is kind of annoying. He stays firmly in place, but if you wanna move it around, gotta hold both. Just a very minor thing. Alexander locks into his stand though.

Got him up with his more dere face.

LadyRiven

Hurray, this Waver Velvet Altair came in!
StzhvdU.jpg

Couple things that differ from the promotional material...
The stand that you place Waver on is brown, not clear, and Alexander has his own clear stand.
You can't lock Waver into the big stand though, which is kind of annoying. He stays firmly in place, but if you wanna move it around, gotta hold both. Just a very minor thing. Alexander locks into his stand though.

Got him up with his more dere face.

They almost always show figures with clear stands in the prototype and promotional photos. I actually wish you got clear stands with them more often, because a lot of the solid color plastic stands look sorta cheap. :S

This figure looks really cute, though. :D

They almost always show figures with clear stands in the prototype and promotional photos. I actually wish you got clear stands with them more often, because a lot of the solid color plastic stands look sorta cheap. :S

Some figures end up having bases that are just unnecessarily large. It factors in when you're trying to position them in a detolf without making things look crowded.

cajunator

Banned
I've been working on this off and on for a week and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be painting it today. I'm pretty content with how it turned out since it is my first figure but I know it's not 100% correct from the picture (and I wish it was!) I really hope I can make good garage kits someday.

And Wonder Festival is having some amazing figures like Kotobukiya Dark Angel Olivia and their CU-pouches I really want to get the Madoka one.

Thanks that makes me happy to hear. I just use a mixture of polymer clay (it all dried out so I mixed all my clays together in a food processor (like sculpey and fimo)) Yeah if you have any questions I'd be happy to help you out. You can see me talking about it here http://youtu.be/NEjjpIvK-d0 It would be awesome if I can hold polls and make figures of characters people choose.

Thanks man means a lot : )

That is LEGIT AWESOME. I might pm you with questions later.
kinda want to try my hand at it.

asrttyoxo

Neo Member
Okay GAF, I have wishlisted everything I want to track on mfc when it comes to prepainted figures, but now I want to track some garage kits. I found these images on Tomopop and I am wondering if anybody knows if they have an mfc entry or if you are able to just help with character names and series. I figured out most of the rest I was curious about.

9380712065_44d5292fc4_b-noscale.jpg

9380907463_3b9d534735_b-noscale.jpg

9386726832_7d341e9098_b-noscale.jpg

9383951357_6a76ffd247_b-noscale.jpg

9386810750_7cb052552a_b-noscale.jpg

Busaiku

This figure looks really cute, though. :D

Ahh, this's the probably the 1st time (besides Pit and Pittoo) I've gotten something during release, so I didn't see any post release pics or anything.
Though I do like the base, it's colored to look kind of like wood, and it looks nice to me.

Giolon

any issues with the chain rusting? MFC is mentioning it a lot

Mine did come rusted, as a commenter there pointed out. XD It really isn't that noticeable in person, but after seeing some folks post pictures of stains the rust left on their figure I ran out and bought some CLR and scrubbed the rust off. It wasn't too hard. The question is how to keep it from rusting in the future.

chrono01

Okay GAF, I have wishlisted everything I want to track on mfc when it comes to prepainted figures, but now I want to track some garage kits. I found these images on Tomopop and I am wondering if anybody knows if they have an mfc entry or if you are able to just help with character names and series. I figured out most of the rest I was curious about.

9380907463_3b9d534735_b-noscale.jpg
Since Haruka has already been mentioned, this is Asuka from Senran Kagura.

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/166127

She's a garage kit, unfortunately.

Lucifer is here!

Prior Asmodeus pics from previous thread:

I uploaded a ton of Asmodeus on MFC recently too.
Nice pictures! It's nice to see a fellow NeoGAF member taking on the quest to collect all of the Seven Deadly Sins. It will be expensive, but worth it in the end. I love the idea/theme around them as much as I do the character design. Nishii does some great stuff!

My Lucifer should hopefully ship today. I had her in my AmiAmi combined order for the month so I couldn't have her ship out on-time. 39,000 yen with shipping, not nearly as expensive as last month thankfully!

August is looking to be pretty expensive, though, if some items aren't delayed...

I hear you. -_-

I'm right on the verge of pre-ordering it myself. Someone stop me...

Actually, it's fine now. I just off-loaded Junko onto someone else (to buy for me) as a Christmas-ish present. :D

EDIT: Question about the Titan Nendo - the amiami listing says it includes figure and base. What about all the other stuff that's shown in one of the pics (as well as at WonFes)? I assume it's all included. The price being what it is.

george_us

Stop encouraging him/her! Before you know it they will be selling the clothes off their very back to purchase figures!

...You should purchase her, though. They would look great together.

I know, I am not helping things...I am sorry.
Two's enough already!

Although that Huntress statue is less expensive that I thought it was...

Edit: Ordered lol.

Double Edit: Nope nevermind. Nearly forgot that Dragon's Crown comes out next week.

eucharis

That is LEGIT AWESOME. I might pm you with questions later.
kinda want to try my hand at it.

YES DO IT! For my next figure I'm going to be making it into tutorial-like videos. I have a bunch of apoxie puttie so I was going to sculpt the hair with that clay. And thanks : )

I'm pretty much finished I just need to add the eye decals but that tattoo paper I bought only has two sheet so I put it off for today lol... (dat shadow on that bumpy leg...) I didn't think acrylic paint could look not that bad

I did! Yeah, i'm a huge fan of Danny Choo. Especially since he originally grew up in Hackney which is where I'm from! Totally inspirational guy. I missed out on a chance to meet him when I was out in Japan :(
I hope to one day afford to get a 3D Printer though, so one day I can do figure requests perhaps :p
I'll definitely ask you for any sculpting advice though, thanks :)

Haha that's too bad but don't worry I'm sure he'll still be around for awhile (especially after he makes those robotic dolls! Who hasn't been waiting for their own real persocom lol). Ok I'm not a pro but I'll try to help : D

Aw thanks.

I've never used straight polymer clay, but as you probably know, sculpy will warp and explode if it gets too thick, so the way around that is to have aluminum in the center, but that turns it into a floppy mess because it'll be so lightweight. A wire armature skeleton helps to keep the statue in one pose, forces you to stick to your proportions, and keeps everything from falling apart while you work on it. As a bonus, having it stick out of the foot makes it easier to mount on a base.
You seem to be doing more than fine without it though! Having it modular makes it super easy to sand. I know of some people who fire it all separately, then use a filling putty to round out the "joints." It makes it easier to paint that way, too, particularly around the hair.
I'm excited to see it when it's painted!
A terrible time to post these in this thread, buried amongst the super slick Wonder Fest pictures.
Anyway, I hope you keep posting progress shots of yours!

OMG YOU'RE A PRO AT FIGURES (why am I trying to give you tips LOL) (I love the hand btw those joints look so nice. You need to post your stuff online do you have a deviantart or tumblr I can follow you on?). Sometimes when I put clay in the oven with foil inside air bubbles pop out and make bumps but nothing has exploded yet. I'll keep that in mind thanks : ) Ahh the only reason I wouldn't do that now is because I want to get figures ready for casting and cutting up the body with foil inside would be horrible.
Your figures are beautiful don't fret I hope you're working on some figures too atm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom