• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCSX has a defective Momohime fig for $90+s/h. It sounds like it should be easily fixable. I don't know what to do gaf, so I'm posting it here hoping it will be sold out before I cave in.

http://www.shopncsx.com/oboromuramasamomohime16scale-1.aspx

New Momohime 1/6 scale figure from Alter but her head's loose and doesn't appear to have been glued properly to her neck at the factory during the manufacturing process. The bottom of the head plugs into the neck socket and a simple application of glue should make her as good as new. Please note the packaging has been opened to check the other parts of the figure and everything else is intact. Sale price: US$90 + shipping.

sky

Seems like an easy fix, assuming it's really as straightforward as they are making it sound... and also assuming there aren't any other problems.

General Grievous 1/6th scale up for preorder at Sideshow:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id...ale_Solicitation&utm_campaign=facebook_073113

100027_press08-001.jpg

100027_press10-001.jpg

100027_press12-001.jpg

Looks like an excellent package and the sculpt is excellent. Too bad I couldn't care less about the character.:(

Arveene

Neo Member
Actually, it's fine now. I just off-loaded Junko onto someone else (to buy for me) as a Christmas-ish present. :D

EDIT: Question about the Titan Nendo - the amiami listing says it includes figure and base. What about all the other stuff that's shown in one of the pics (as well as at WonFes)? I assume it's all included. The price being what it is.

http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/ said:
This is much more than just a single Nendoroid of the Colossal Titan – you get all sorts of other goodies from the series as well!
The wall, houses, villagers and other titans are all included!
It’s a complete playset for all sorts of fun!!

Looks like it's everything. There's some more pictures and details about everything included on the blog.

Giolon

Bought.

Fuck it.

IMO, PG really needs Wonder Woman to go with her:

Two best Bishoujos IMO.

Nice pictures! It's nice to see a fellow NeoGAF member taking on the quest to collect all of the Seven Deadly Sins. It will be expensive, but worth it in the end. I love the idea/theme around them as much as I do the character design. Nishii does some great stuff!

My Lucifer should hopefully ship today. I had her in my AmiAmi combined order for the month so I couldn't have her ship out on-time. 39,000 yen with shipping, not nearly as expensive as last month thankfully!

Thanks. I don't plan to get all of them. Leviathan's lake of pants but for a single bandaid did her in, Leviathan is too loli, Belphegor pretty close to being loli but her sculpt could convince me, and then there's Mammon who's sculpt and pose basically sent her directly to "Closet of Shame" territory. I will however definitely be picking Satan up, even though I'd prefer she had covering bottoms on. It's tragic to me too what they did with Mammon b/c her original illustration and overall design was my favorite (w/ Asmodeus coming in a close second). It seems that with each of the figures in this line they have to inflate the boobs 50% or more over what was already in the illustrations.

But yeah, I never realized until recently but I'm a big fan of Nishii's art style. I really love the way he draws eyes, second only to Soejima Shigenori IMO.

Also, DAT GRIEVOUS! Such a badass design. Too bad he was utterly wasted in Episode 3.

nny

Archonia has two "Attack on Titan PVC Figure - Nendoroid Colossal Titan & Attack on Titan Playset": Wave 01 and Wave 02. They have no photos; any idea what's the difference? They have different release dates and prices.

LiK

Archonia has two "Attack on Titan PVC Figure - Nendoroid Colossal Titan & Attack on Titan Playset": Wave 01 and Wave 02. They have no photos; any idea what's the difference? They have different release dates and prices.

I'm gonna assume different accessories. Not sure

Arveene

Neo Member

Probably means they'll be getting two separate shipments in from the distributor. They're charging more for the first wave. I don't think anything will be different.

nny

Probably means they'll be getting two separate shipments in from the distributor. They're charging more for the first wave. I don't think anything will be different.

Yep, this sounds like it; they have other items with "Waves" and the photos are exactly the same.

Nice pictures! It's nice to see a fellow NeoGAF member taking on the quest to collect all of the Seven Deadly Sins.

You only say that because now you're not the only one who's going to be wasting about $700. ;)

Oh man you are gonna be soo exploited by the figure makers come next year's figures XD

Haha, no shit. I mean, I'm sure I'll be picking and choosing, but there are some I'll need to have no question. Scaled Mikasa? Sold. I'd also like to see some more of the Titan aberrations made into figures (Armored Titan, Female Titan, Beast Titan, etc.)

Also, man. I got excited for a second when I saw this GK.

I love Attack on Titan but I find the character designs to be either super boring (the humans) or too grotesque (the titans) for figures so I doubt I'll buy any.

So by "grotesque" you mean "awesome", yeah? The only one so far that might be considered grotesque would be the Colossal Titan, only because he's got all his muscles and stuff on the outside. But I don't find it off-putting.

The regular titans just look goofy.

Hellooooooo nurse!

Animaniacs reference. Nice.

johnsmith

remember me
1. distorted and unnatural in shape or size; abnormal and hideous

2. disgusting or otherwise viscerally reviling.

Grotesque is the perfect word to describe all the titans, and I find the smaller more human-looking ones to be just about the most terrifying monster designs in any media. Their oversized features and terrible smiles with ther giant mouths are nightmare fuel.

1. distorted and unnatural in shape or size; abnormal and hideous

2. disgusting or otherwise viscerally reviling.

Grotesque is the perfect word to describe all the titans, and I find the smaller more human-looking ones to be just about the most terrifying monster designs in any media. Their oversized features and terrible smiles with ther giant mouths are nightmare fuel.

I'm not feeling definition 2 on this one. Not even close. But yeah, the regular titans are creepy as fuck, but I doubt there are going to be any figures of them aside from maybe as accessories, as is the case with the Nendo.

Won these two figures from a giveaway by 343. Love the note ;)

Are those POP! figures popular? I mean, they're making them out of absolutely everything.

Why can't I get any figure that I like. Why can't I just buy the Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth figures alone. Why can't a score other figures I like without spending hundreds of dollars. This topic is just a tease.

OMG YOU'RE A PRO AT FIGURES (why am I trying to give you tips LOL) (I love the hand btw those joints look so nice. You need to post your stuff online do you have a deviantart or tumblr I can follow you on?). Sometimes when I put clay in the oven with foil inside air bubbles pop out and make bumps but nothing has exploded yet. I'll keep that in mind thanks : ) Ahh the only reason I wouldn't do that now is because I want to get figures ready for casting and cutting up the body with foil inside would be horrible.
Your figures are beautiful don't fret I hope you're working on some figures too atm?
Shucks, you're no sculpting slouch yourself. I have a modest tumbl but I made the mistake of working on an amateur comic in my freetime instead of a webcomic. I really should do another sculpy project, they're super fun and it feels good to have something in your hands.

That hair looks ABSOLUTELY fantastic.

The bubbles are air escaping, and that's good! You can sand them down. If the clay is too thick (like if the head was larger and solid) and the bubbles can't get out, that's when it explodes. I've never had it happen to me personally, but it's a super sculpy boogie man that is worth passing on as a warning.

I see that you went with a glossy coat? Or maybe that's just the acrylics you had on hand as most of them lean towards that way, especially anything purple. To take the shine off my sculptures, I use:

2671149stest1260.jpg

..which is pretty cheap and does a great job. I get antsy about accidentally ruining a statue after it's 90% done, so I would test it out on a separate painted piece just to see how it looks. It'll initially seem "dusty" after you spray it, but that's normal. You just gently wipe it down afterwards and it'll look more like the matte figures we're used to.

And you're right! I haven't done casting, but the foil would most likely get in the way. Are you going to cast this figure, or a future one?

I'm truly impressed, it looks great! Can't wait to see the face!

I love Attack on Titan but I find the character designs to be either super boring (the humans) or too grotesque (the titans) for figures so I doubt I'll buy any.
There may or may not be a character in the very near future that I'd kill to get a figure of, that is a perfect balance between the two.

Although honestly, I know it wouldn't sell but I want them to go full bizarre and make this trio of weirdos:

281px-3-5_Meter_Class.png

Edit: Double post aaaaaaaaaah!

Wait, wait, is it a character that's appeared in the manga already?
(SIX TO EIGHT EPISODES WORTH OF TITAN ANIME SPOILERS)

Yeah, the
female titan. I completely adore her design, and would especially love it if they put her in the same fighting stance that Annie had during training with both her arms up. Her arc in the anime starts in the very next episode, I can't wait.

(SIX TO EIGHT EPISODES WORTH OF TITAN ANIME SPOILERS)

Yeah, the
female titan. I completely adore her design, and would especially love it if they put her in the same fighting stance that Annie had during training with both her arms up. Her arc in the anime starts in the very next episode, I can't wait.

That's what I thought. :D

That's what I thought. :D
Ymir is the one you're talking about, yes?
I didn't even think about it until you brought it up, but a figma of
Ymir could be phenomenal in terms of posing if you could recreate how she looks when jumping down that tower.

I'm so glad the Titan merchandising train is FINALLY leaving the station.

Hah, actually
Annie but Ymir is great as well. God, a figma of Ymir could be phenomenal in terms of posing if you could recreate how she looks when jumping down that tower.

I'm so glad the Titan merchandising train is FINALLY leaving the station.

I've got
Ymir-on-the-brain because she's been in the manga chapters so much recently. I forgot Titan Annie came first
. But I think a
female titan
figure is a no-brainer. I'm sure we'll get one. The U.S. publisher of the manga has also caught on, and all ten current manga volumes will be out in the US by the end of December.

johnsmith

remember me
Why can't I get any figure that I like. Why can't I just buy the Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth figures alone. Why can't a score other figures I like without spending hundreds of dollars. This topic is just a tease.

Yeah it sucks those are collectors edition exclusives, but what Japanese figures cost hundreds of dollars that you want? Very few things in my collection cost more than $100 even after shipping.

If you are looking at eBay prices, those aren't realistic and you can find stuff cheaper other places.

Yeah it sucks those are collectors edition exclusives, but what Japanese figures cost hundreds of dollars that you want?

Love Is War DX Miku.

Someone on MFC was selling her today. 400 euros. lololololol

I've accepted that I'll probably never get one unless GSC does a re-release, because I'll never pay anything North of $200 for her.

chrono01

Make that three of us. I'm also going to purchasing all seven of them.
I salute you in your endeavor. I wish us both luck [and lots of money]!

BTW, for those that want the D-Arts Elizabeth [Persona 3], her pre-order page is up on AmiAmi. She'll go on-sale at 4PM Japan Time which is in a little over 5 hours. Given past D-Arts, as well as her popularity, I'm guessing she'll sell out relatively fast. I'm not going to pre-order her, though, just letting those that are interested know.

She'll be 4,080 yen:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-001346

Giolon

Make that three of us. I'm also going to purchasing all seven of them.

I'd buy them all no problem if I liked all of them, but only 3-4 appeal to me.

So my SDCC Harley Quinn Bishoujo showed up today. I'm debating how much opening it will ruin her value should I decide not to keep her. I want to take her out to get a closer look at her face which I'm not 100% sold on. Her nose is a bit on the long and pointy side but it looks like that's part of the original non-exclusive mold too. Her tongue sticking out of her mouth is a little awkward too. On the whole I do think it's better than her masked face, but it's just a question of if I the plusses outweigh the minuses.

im not getting mammon or asmodius. Asm would be fine if I PO but shes going for like 180 now. Not to mention she has a rusting chain problem.

chrono01

a scaled figure of that one will be out later next year as well.
Not that one, you're thinking of the regular Hatsune Miku figma. This one is exclusive to the GSC Store and is included in their Racing Promotion. Basically you purchase a sponsorship package and get a bunch of free items. How many items you get depends on the level of package you buy. The cheapest, though, is 7000 yen [it goes up to 50000 yen O_O]. That comes with the Racing 2013 Miku figma, a sponsor card, ticket holder, and rubber strap.

I'm fine with the regular version, personally. Besides, I've never been a huge fan of figma's, especially for that price. I prefer scaled figures.

Not that one, you're thinking of the regular Hatsune Miku figma. This one is exclusive to the GSC Store and is included in their Racing Promotion. Basically you purchase a sponsorship package and get a bunch of free items. How many items you get depends on the level of package you buy. The cheapest, though, is 7000 yen [it goes up to 50000 yen O_O]. That comes with the Racing 2013 Miku figma, a sponsor card, ticket holder, and rubber strap.

I'm fine with the regular version, personally. Besides, I've never been a huge fan of figma's, especially for that price. I prefer scaled figures.

Oh boy, that rubber strap sounds amazing.

johnsmith

remember me
BTW, for those that want the D-Arts Elizabeth [Persona 3], her pre-order page is up on AmiAmi. She'll go on-sale at 4PM Japan Time which is in a little over 5 hours. Given past D-Arts, as well as her popularity, I'm guessing she'll sell out relatively fast. I'm not going to pre-order her, though, just letting those that are interested know.

She'll be 4,080 yen:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-001346

That's going to be a pass for me. Between the Ques Q version and the Taito prize figure (which is actually bigger, but a fraction of the price) I think I'll have enough Elizabeth figures. I'm not gonna pay $40 for a small plastic chair, no matter how bad ass it is.

chrono01

Oh boy, that rubber strap sounds amazing.
I know, right? I might attach it to my messenger bag, or maybe from my cell phone. OOH! I might attach it to my belt!? The possibilities, they are endless!

In all seriousness people spend the 7000 to sponsor the racing team and, mostly, for the figma. The other items are superfluous.

That's going to be a pass for me. Between the Ques Q version and the Bandai prize figure (which is actually bigger, but a fraction of the price) I think I'll have enough Elizabeth figures. I'm not gonna pay $40 for a small plastic chair, no matter how bad ass it is.
After the way Raidou turned out, I'm skeptical of Elizabeth. Granted the Pokémon D-Arts have been generally great, but even still...

I'm still hoping for an Alter re-release of Elizabeth. Hey, a man can dream. ~_~

I gotta get SOMETHING to use with my three-pack of figma stands I had to get for Raidou.

Goddamn d-arts for not including one with their figures for some reason. I suppose most people would just plop Elizabeth down on her chair though.

That's going to be a pass for me. Between the Ques Q version and the Bandai prize figure (which is actually bigger, but a fraction of the price) I think I'll have enough Elizabeth figures. I'm not gonna pay $40 for a small plastic chair, no matter how bad ass it is.

Which prize figure is this? I don't think I've seen it.

johnsmith

remember me
Which prize figure is this? I don't think I've seen it.

I have Yosuke, Yu, Chie, Yukiko, and Aegis from the Taito P4A line (i messed up, not Bandai) and they're all pretty good quality for the price, except for Yosuke.

J72cg9A.png

Man, I only have 5 of these. Clearly not enough Chies.
FNzN3km.jpg

Edit: I can't believe I missed the graphig hidden behind the others and used as a base.

johnsmith

remember me
This reminds me. Where can I actually buy prize figures?

And when is Lizzy there coming out?

Chie is like money. You can never have enough.

The usual places, but they are almost always available in limited quantities. I've seen them at plamoya, amiami, hlj, biginjap, nippon-yasan, but since I missed the preorder period for most of the ones I have, I get them when they pop up on mandarake. I still haven't been able to grab Kanji and Naoto though.

This Elizabeth is coming out in September. I got her for 1,200 yen from amiami, but she's sold out and you can't even find the listing anymore. But I have seen the others pop up in the preowned section there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom