• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMI

Banned
definitely will be pre-ordering that D-Arts Elizabeth when I wake up in the morning. I'm loving the chair.

also the 2013 racing Miku looks amazing, but I don't know how many Mikus I can justify to myself. It's easy to say no at that price too.

FIGURE-001346.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
Stay up. That's what coffee is for. And if someone asks you why you look so tired, you can tell them "because I was up late buying plastic girls"

RMI

Banned
it's probably the safest. looks like I get to dig in to SMT IV for a bit once I clean up this mess in the kitchen.

LOL.

Bombless

Against my wallet's reccomendations I've gotten my hands on the Persona 4 anime, so I can see what this Persona craze is all about.

"It's just another anime" I told him. "What could go wrong?"

johnsmith

remember me
Against my wallet's reccomendations I've gotten my hands on the Persona 4 anime, so I can see what this Persona craze is all about.

Nobody loves Persona 4 because of the anime. They love it because of the game, the anime is passable with some funny moments, but the game is where it's at. Especially the vita port

ruh roh.

The anime is ONLY good if you played the game. Otherwise its kind of all over the place. It did a decent job at cramming a 40-60hr game into 24~episodes.

Giolon

Is the demand for Elisabeth really that high or are other figures up for preorder at the same time?

There are a couple other S.H. Figuarts that went up from Kamen Rider, but really that's about it. And Thanatos and Mewtwo re-releases.

The power of Elizabeth compels!

This tends to happen with Figuarts/D-Arts.

RMI

Banned
finally, elizabeth and thanatos ordered. November is going to kill me between those two and project mirai II :-/

Jayhawk

Nippon Yasan also has Elizabeth up for preorder for like 80 yen more. I was willing to pay that extra price to stop having to deal with '503 Service Temporarily Unavailable' when trying through Amiami. I bought a Thanatos as well.

johnsmith

remember me
I was going to buy Thanatos but the site is totally slammed. If it sells out I'll set up a notice on figinstock as I'm sure they'll open up more
preorder slots down the line.

Jayhawk

I was going to buy Thanatos but the site is totally slammed. If it sells out I'll set up a notice on figinstock as I'm sure they'll open up more
preorder slots down the line.

Nippon Yasan also has Thanatos up for sale for a slightly higher price, but without the server issues of Amiami.

Bed time for me. Good luck everybody on your Elizabeth purchase attempts!

Gwaugh, site got slammed and I missed out.

I can't even set up figinstock to properly alert me for Thanatos, for some reason. That's how you know things are bad.

kewlmyc

Bought Elizabeth. I already have Thanatos so I'm completing the collection.

$40~ isn't a bad price.

EDIT: Found Megahouse's Yu Narukami for $80 on Amazon. I had some leftover Amazon credit so I got it for free. This slope is very steep.

Official Miku 2020 shots are up:

o0400060012630561960.jpg

o0530043212630561633.jpg

Price is 11,800 JPY. Samurai and Hacker were 9,333 for reference. She's not that much more complex so it looks like a Miku tax to some extent. I also wonder if she's SALable with that hair.

Assumedly pre-orders will be any day now and needless to say, I'm buying her.

They ask for payment when they ship the order, if you chose Paypal at least.
Hhmmmmmm. Is that site pretty competitive on price? I want to go all in on One Piece and Attack on Titan. The Kuroko no Basket figures also look cool and I havent read the manga. Too bad there arent any good Fairy Tail, Soul Eater or Eyeshield 21 figures...

LiK

D-Arts Elizabeth and Thanatos are both still in stock at AmiAmi.

Hhmmmmmm. Is that site pretty competitive on price? I want to go all in on One Piece and Attack on Titan. The Kuroko no Basket figures also look cool and I havent read the manga. Too bad there arent any good Fairy Tail, Soul Eater or Eyeshield 21 figures...

AmiAmi is one of the better sites for discounts. Sometimes other sites might have a better discount but I rarely seen that happen. AmiAmi gives the best discounts imo.

D-Arts Elizabeth and Thanatos are both still in stock at AmiAmi.
I regret getting up in the middle of the night only to see their servers get hammered.

If I think about the fact that this wasn't remotely the first time I got up in the middle of the night to nail down a pre-order,then I should re-examine if I've gone to far down this rabbit hole.

RMI

Banned
And now I pay the price for staying up all night to get those preorders in. Glad they're back up for people, but damn I feel like garbage.

johnsmith

remember me

Yeah amiami is great. It's where I have the majority of my preorders since they are the cheapest most of the time.

Payment is only due when the order is ready to ship, and that's when you'll find out how much shipping will cost.

kewlmyc

Yeah amiami is great. It's where I have the majority of my preorders since they are the cheapest most of the time.

Payment is only due when the order is ready to ship, and that's when you'll find out how much shipping will cost.

How much does shipping to the US usually cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom