• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayhawk

Hot Toys Iron Man bros: How do you secure your Iron Man to it's base, or just in general? Advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have my Mark VII posed w/stand on my entertainment center, and he's been fine. But ya know, I worry about the little guy falling off.

Thanks!

If your Iron Man's pose needs some reinforcement, you can try using wires like the guys over in this thread: http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126478

The hanging Spider-Man is awesome in that thread.

gokieks

Sucked it up and ordered an unopened Yuki Mori from Mandarake for 11000 JPY. Also decided that I might as well put in the pre-order for Mitsuru Kirijou for 10500 JPY - still not completely sure I want it, but better to be safe.

"Fiscal responsibility? What's that?"

Aytrial

Huh, didn't realise there was this type of thread floating around.

I need to open like 6 packages full of figures. Haven't had the space around the house to sort them out. Hell, I can't even recall what's in some of the packages so I'm in for a surprise.

...Plus, a new package arrived yesterday which I need to pick up. Screw financial responsibility!

Oh fuckfuckfuckfuck so cooooool. Sideshow is puttng out a Shaak Ti statue. If I collected them I'd be all over this.

31656-header.jpg

Her Force Unleashed costume is so much better than the traditional Jedi robes she's been wearing in like, every other media appearance.

I hope she's the next Star Wars bishoujo after Mara Jade.

Aytrial

Nah not slippery slope kind of thing more like we enable one and another XD

Already tempted seeing the talk of the Alter Milla on the other page. I remember seeing the figure when it was up for pre-order last year and thinking she had a neat character design, but passed since I wasn't familiar with the source material.

...Now that I've played Xillia, I want to pick her up.

Bombless

*chuckles*

She's supportive of your hobby right?

She went through several stages. In the beginning she was "waste of money, stop throwing it away" blah blah blah. She came with me to London Comic Con and saw me pick up Yoko and Batgirl, but she didn't get a good look at them.

Then she came to visit once and went STRAIGHT for the figures. She couldn't stop talking about them, how great they were, how beautiful, such detail etc.

A few days ago she told me she was thinking about starting her own collection but she was looking for the "right type" to fit her (and she cited Kongiku lol).

And now this...Tomorrow I'll go over to her place and give her the lecture on preorders etc...and probably make her an Amiami/HS account.

Edit : I already need to order 2x Mara Jade and gift one to 2 friends of mine that are big fans of the SW EU so if Koto ever does Shaak Ti...sigh. In other news, the TFAW Jaina Solo never arrived. I r sad :(

Already tempted seeing the talk of the Alter Milla on the other page. I remember seeing the figure when it was up for pre-order last year and thinking she had a neat character design, but passed since I wasn't familiar with the source material.

...Now that I've played Xillia, I want to pick her up.
Don't enable me back XD, I'm tempted by that figure but got the CE prize figure one so I'm okayish XD

Aytrial

Don't enable me back XD, I'm tempted by that figure but got the CE prize figure one so I'm okayish XD

If a private sale tomorrow goes well for a mobile phone I have, I'll have the spare cash to buy it. I lied. (see below)

I should also get a picture up of my stack of unopened boxes. I wonder how far up to my ceiling I can get.

Rootbeer

Banned
I've never even played a Tales game, but that Milla statue is awesomely tempting.

This is a disease.

Yeah that's when you know it's bad. But it can be a great window into new worlds.

There are so many manga/anime/shows/comics/etc. that I discovered and came to love after first seeing the action figures.

The power of plastic!

RMI

Banned
If you have any interest in the series, Xillia is actually a good one to try for new people.

I've heard about it, but am buuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrried in JRPGs right now.

P3P, SMT IV, EO IV, FF XIII-2, Atelier Totori Plus, the list goes on and on. I'll put it on the list to check out! This one seems to be getting a lot of buzz.

johnsmith

remember me
Milla isn't that great. Might sell it if the price keeps rising. Where's Judith? She's the only Tales character I really want.

Nippon-Yasan has Lucifer in stock for $130. Seems a bit pricey, but she is pretty big with that base and everything. I'd bite if I wouldn't feel the urge to get all seven of them.

One question though, which ones are out and which ones aren't? What's the release schedule look like? Lucifer is the only one I've even seen on AmiAmi or N-Y.

Bro, you know better than that, bro.

:D

I do, but it got a reaction.

johnsmith

remember me
Something weird is going on with amiami's preowned section. They haven't been updating like they used to for months. Their bishoujo section went from having 1500+ to just a couple of hundred.

chrono01

Something weird is going on with amiami's preowned section. They haven't been updating like they used to for months. Their bishoujo section went from having 1500+ to just a couple of hundred.
The Obon Holiday in Japan might have something to do with it, unless you're talking about something that started prior to this week? I'm not sure since I don't [generally] focus on pre-owned figures. My pre-order list is large enough as-is, I do not need to add to it!

Nippon-Yasan has Lucifer in stock for $130. Seems a bit pricey, but she is pretty big with that base and everything. I'd bite if I wouldn't feel the urge to get all seven of them.

One question though, which ones are out and which ones aren't? What's the release schedule look like? Lucifer is the only one I've even seen on AmiAmi or N-Y.

:D

I do, but it got a reaction.

the others were exclusives

chrono01

#yolo #aftermidnightpurchases #nofinancialresponsibility #makingastatement

xRz7d4k.jpg
GWAHAHAHAHA! Another falls victim!

Well-done, enablers. Well-done!

Asmodeous, Leviathan, and Lucifer are out. Asmodeous and Leviathan was exclusive, Lucifer wasn't.

As for the rest, they haven't said one way or another whether they will/won't be exclusives, so I suppose we'll just have to wait and see!

johnsmith

remember me
The Obon Holiday in Japan might have something to do with it, unless you're talking about something that started prior to this week? I'm not sure since I don't [generally] focus on pre-owned figures. My pre-order list is large enough as-is, I do not need to add to it!
Nope. It's been going on all summer. I'd see interesting stuff pop up almost every night before. But these days the pickings are slim. Even though I got most of my wants, I still check it every night.

chrono01

Nope. It's been going on all summer. I'd see interesting stuff pop up almost every night before. But these days the pickings are slim. Even though I got most of my wants, I still check it every night.
That's really strange, then. Perhaps those that provided AmiAmi with the figures decided Mandarake was the better option?

It's a shame, though. I know many looked to AmiAmi for pre-owned figures [not just yourself]. Here's hoping that if there is a problem that it's fixed shortly!

chrono01

How are we victims if we're getting an awesome figure out of it?

It better be an awesome figure. -_-

Also, is her sword shiny as in "reflective", or is it just painted silver?
Victim to those who enable, successor to great figure-collecting.

It's just painted [not reflective], but she's an incredible figure. You won't be disappointed.

Are you thinking of purchasing Jude to go alongside her? You should, you really should. They make an amazing pair and would really compliment your collection.

Enable...ENABLE...ENABLE!!

Are you thinking of purchasing Jude to go alongside her? You should, you really should. They make an amazing pair and would really compliment your collection.

Enable...ENABLE...ENABLE!!

I might, but he's not really a priority. Getting Estellise as part of next months order, though. Unless she gets delayed. Which I'm praying something does, otherwise September will be five figures. :(

chrono01

I might, but he's not really a priority. Getting Estellise as part of next months order, though.
He's pretty great, even more so after finally playing Tales of Xillia.

It's refreshing to have a male JRPG that doesn't whine [at least not yet], is level-headed, and actually uses his fists [and not a sword]. I'm liking him a lot more than I thought I would.

Yeah September is looking to murder me, since two of my expensive pre-orders for the month has been delayed there on-top of what was originally releasing in that month. If nothing gets delayed...well...it's a good thing that I'm not a heavy eater.

He's pretty great, even more so after finally playing Tales of Xillia.

oh, I'm definitely thinking about it. I'll see what the next few weeks look like.

Question about Milla... how tall is she exactly? Nippon-Yasan says 16cm under the data portion, but it lists Jude at 17cm, and I know that isn't right because I've seen a pic of them side-by-side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom