• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

oh, I'm definitely thinking about it. I'll see what the next few weeks look like.

Question about Milla... how tall is she exactly? Nippon-Yasan says 16cm under the data portion, but it lists Jude at 17cm, and I know that isn't right because I've seen a pic of them side-by-side.
She's definitely taller than Jude.

MFC lists her at 21cm's and Jude at 17cm, and that definitely appears to be closer to the actual size.

The enabling is strong in this thread... just waiting for Samurai_Heart's purchase.
I will fall once I play through Xilla and like her or not, I'm on the brim, feeling like this poster of Gypsy Danger XD:
Pacific-Rim-Gypsy-Danger-Fall-HD-Wallpaper-1024x640.jpg
Avoiding discussion in figure GAF for now XD Enablers! You're all enablers!
Judith, Repede and Karol are the only unannounced ones from the core group.
Yes to those two, don't really care for Karol lol.

I will fall once I play through Xilla and like her or not, I'm on the brim, feeling like this poster of Gypsy Danger XD:

That's what happened to me. You'd better just grab her now, before you get halfway through the game and finally cave in... only by then she'll be $150 instead.

Yes to those two, don't really care for Karol lol.

Not only do I not care for Karol, I gave so little of a fuck about him that I actually had to Google Image Search to even remember who he was.

Repede would be fucking amazing, though. You don't see many figures of non-human characters.

I wish they would have made some Eternal Sonata figures. I'm in the minority here, but I liked it more than Tales of Vesperia.

I don't know about that one. But I did like Eternal Sonata quite a lot. The visuals were gorgeous, the story was a bit ho-hum, but I did like the history lessons and accompanying musical selections between chapters.

Also, Falsetto FTW. Battle system was quite good, too.

johnsmith

remember me
With this new Persona Arena news on top of the movie we damn well better get a Yukari figure this time.

Though not in that sentai outfit. Ugh.

chrono01

I'm glad to hear so many are ordering the Milla figure. She really is a beauty.

I strongly encourage the purchase of Jude, as well. I vehemently encourage it. Milla will feel so alone standing by herself [albeit still looking breathtaking].

Toki767

I'm glad to hear so many are ordering the Milla figure. She really is a beauty.

I strongly encourage the purchase of Jude, as well. I vehemently encourage it. Milla will feel so alone standing by herself [albeit still looking breathtaking].

Jude doesn't feel like he'll sell out, so I don't mind not getting him right away. He just felt okay as a character in Xillia too. He wasn't quite as likeable as Milla in the end.

I wish they made a Gaius figure. I'd be all over that. He probably has the best design in the game.

chrono01

Jude doesn't feel like he'll sell out, so I don't mind not getting him right away. He just felt okay as a character in Xillia too. He wasn't quite as likeable as Milla in the end.

I wish they made a Gaius figure. I'd be all over that. He probably has the best design in the game.
I'm personally hoping for an Alvin [or Leia]. However, I'll take whatever I can get!

Toki767

What shipping method did you choose? I went with EMS just because I want her asap.

Psh... I want a Presa figure. I know it won't happen since she wasn't a party member, but man, that costume.

I went with EMS too. I'm already spending $100+ on the figure, what's another $10 or so to get it in a more timely manner really.

Leia would translate pretty well to a figure I think. I like Alvin but his design is kind of boring. I wonder if they do figures based on those character polls.

Jube3

I really like the look of the Scar Predator. I don't have any HT Predators yet, what do you guys recommend, hopping in with Scar or tracking down an older predator?

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I really like the look of the Scar Predator. I don't have any HT Predators yet, what do you guys recommend, hopping in with Scar or tracking down an older predator?

Scar's awesome, but I'd recommend tracking down the "Classic Predator" first, being the closest thing to the original Predator out now, also Sideshow sent out an email saying they have less then 25 left.
Here's a shot of mine:
PI0EDJp.jpg

Edit: Also picked up the T2 T-800 DX 10 after months of telling myself I didn't need it, so here's a few shots of him and a few others in my detolf.

cl1Q9Ko.jpg

OlrXFZY.jpg

So6HXKc.jpg

kwSIZVh.jpg

2v2k1qp.jpg

Goddamnit. My first Hot Toys Iron Man is held by German customs. Now I can wait till the letter arrives and drive to their office next Monday. I want it now.

Funny thing is I know they have the package, but I can't pick it up today because for no specific reason.

Goddamnit. My first Hot Toys Iron Man is held by German customs. Now I can wait till the letter arrives and drive to their office next Monday. I want it now.

Funny thing is I know they have the package, but I can't pick it up today because for no specific reason.

Same deal with Royal Mail here. You have to wait for the slip in the letter box. For Parcelforce though I just ring them and ask for the reference number to pay online and arrange delivery. I get packages a day or two earlier doing that.

Speaking of Hot Toys:

Finally!

Man, so good. Loki's design and colour scheme is my favourite from the recent Marvel movies and HT knocked it out of the park.

go with Classic Predator, it looks like he will start to become harder to find soon and since Scar is so new he should be out for a little while if you decide to get him as well later down the road

LiK

Too much Karol hate. I didn't like him at first either but as the game progressed, I really liked learning about his backstory and felt he was a really cool character. Probably one of the better kid characters in a JRPG. I don't care about Patty since I never played the PS3 one. I'd probably get her just to flip. She doesn't exist in ToV in my eyes.

Jube3, I have the original Predator SS exclusive still sealed. I'm still evaluating whether I'll sell him or not. If you're interested, PM me.

LosDaddie

Banned
Looks like my Scar Predator is coming out soon
972177_10151550009782344_1808032625_n_zps27c514e3.jpg

I really want this one. He looks a lot better than the classic Predator and the one from Pred 2. But seeing how I just got my Iron Man Mk7 and the HT Hulk is coming out real soon, my wife would kill me if I dropped another $200+ on a figure right now.

dammit

Same deal with Royal Mail here. You have to wait for the slip in the letter box. For Parcelforce though I just ring them and ask for the reference number to pay online and arrange delivery. I get packages a day or two earlier doing that.

Speaking of Hot Toys:

Finally!

Man, so good. Loki's design and colour scheme is my favourite from the recent Marvel movies and HT knocked it out of the park.
I was able to pick him up today. I went to the custom office and used the "I was around the area and so I'm trying my luck" line and the officer gave it to me. I cannot wait to unwrap the badboy in all his glory. (I'm talking about Mark VII)

Well I did it again, I preordered Lucy from Fairy Tail for September. Figured Ryoma couldnt come alone.

And holy heck you have absolutely no time to contemplate preordering One Piece figures. Rob Lucci has only been up for a few days and he is already sold out.

Well I did it again, I preordered Lucy from Fairy Tail for September. Figured Ryoma couldnt come alone.

And holy heck you have absolutely no time to contemplate preordering One Piece figures. Rob Lucci has only been up for a few days and he is already sold out.

Ordering One Piece figures are a battle in itself lol, sites like Amiami have their site inaccessible most of the time when they are up XD

LiK

I'm glad I'm no longer interested in collecting OP figures. I did buy the Strong editions of Luffy and Nami and New World Nami cuz I liked the designs. But I don't care for completing sets anymore like I did with the original releases.

I, on the other hand, am just getting started with OP figures and I am trying to catch up. X_X

10 more post Jayhawk, 10 more till you are a member XD, contribute more lol

And I'm glad my One Piece collecting is restricted but the New World Battle Versions Figuarts Zero, is forcing me to collect the crew again XD

Jayhawk

Haha. I am waiting for maybe 10 or so POP figures from Mandarake and a few other sites to arrive. They're all being shipped right now, but they seem to be delayed because of the holidays in Japan. I've restricted myself to just POP figures, but then some figures from other sets have me interested like Vivi with all these guns below.

93001.jpg

Bombless

Welp...my mother asked me for the Elf...and I gave it to her. Then she asked me about starting her own collection so I showed her a figure I wanted to gift her a while ago but chose not to because I thought it was too sexy. Turns out she loved it and had to order it that very moment lol.

10231454a.jpg

I guess I know her better than I thought I did hah. She's a nurse too and I wanted to find a nurse themed figure for a while now.

Now watch us one upping each other once she starts getting her own figures lmao.

Edit : And just for good mesure I decided to grab the 7th Dragon Miku.

Welp...my mother asked me for the Elf...and I gave it to her. Then she asked me about starting her own collection so I showed her a figure I wanted to gift her a while ago but chose not to because I thought it was too sexy. Turns out she loved it and had to order it that very moment lol.

I guess I know her better than I thought I did hah. She's a nurse too and I wanted to find a nurse themed figure for a while now.

Now watch us one upping each other once she starts getting her own figures lmao.

You have an aweome mother lol

johnsmith

remember me

I wanted her even though I haven't seen the show just based on her design. I think she's super cute. But my September is already slammed. I'm hoping she ends up cheap a couple of months later.

LiK

10231454a.jpg

Your mother is collecting figures now? Is she single? :)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Very awesome mom. My mother pretty much hates all of my hobbies, heh.

Do all Nurse Sonico's have the seam issue that the white one does? Apparently, her outfit doesn't fit together correctly, so once you take it off, it's practically impossible to put back on.

I've restricted myself to just POP figures, but then some figures from other sets have me interested like Vivi with all these guns below.

Damn, HLJ had that Vivi as part of their big sale. She was only like, $40 USD. Don't know if they still have her. I almost bought her. Even though I'm not into One Piece [yet].

It's cool to have parents that have a common hobby. My mom plays video games. She's only into RPGs, but there you go.

The figure GAFers in here are still gaming right? With the games coming out this month/sept yep pretty much screwed lol

I've got five figures coming next month unless there's a [pleasepleaseplease] delay somewhere along the line. I know I've got GTA V next month, but I'm not sure what else. I'm okay for this month, as I already grabbed Xillia and Dragon's Crown. I just have to get Killer Is Dead at the end of the month.

johnsmith

remember me
The figure GAFers in here are still gaming right? With the games coming out this month/sept yep pretty much screwed lol
Gaming is a cheap hobby compared to figures. My backlog is so huge it's rare that I'll buy stuff day one for full price. It has to be something I really want for me to grab it day 1. I think the only other game i'll be grabbing for the rest of the year is Pokemon.

Gaming is a cheap hobby compared to figures. My backlog is so huge it's rare that I'll buy stuff day one for full price. It has to be something I really want for me to grab it day 1. I think the only other game i'll be grabbing for the rest of the year is Pokemon.

I buy everything day one, but I also tend to have a high turnover rate for trade-ins, as I only keep role-playing games and truly amazing titles as part of my permanent collection, so I rarely pay in actual money.

I've got five figures coming next month unless there's a [pleasepleaseplease] delay somewhere along the line. I know I've got GTA V next month, but I'm not sure what else. I'm okay for this month, as I already grabbed Xillia and Dragon's Crown. I just have to get Killer Is Dead at the end of the month.

You might be in luck. Raven was supposed to come out in June and still hasn't released, so if Estelle isn't delayed out of September I will be very surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom