• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Captain looks awesome

Anyone picking up this version, I love it

ZFYTH5i.jpg

That's....awesome. Definite yes from me.

Yeah I was really impressed with how well the material hangs and how much closer to the real deal it looks. I'm happy to get customs that make such a big difference, but like you, I'm going to try not to make a habit of it. I had to bail out of the SCC Iron Man Mark VII thread when I saw the pics from a guy that modded the eye slits to look slimmer and diffuse the light better. It did look better but I didn't even notice it wasn't perfect 'til he pointed it out.

I should get some pics. Figures would be a good excuse to learn to use the camera I've had for a year or two now, instead of my phone.
Oh those SCC threads are a nightmare. Some of those guys are super picky. Like you, I never noticed the big eyes on the Mark VII until those guys pointed it out. I try to just skim past the words and look at the pictures.

Jube3

chrono01

Given that they were already making a Nendoroid of the Colossal Titan, this doesn't completely surprise me, but it's nice to have the official confirmation. Thanks for the link!

I expect Attack on Titan to be pretty popular at Wonderfes [and rightfully so]. I know a lot of people have issues with the pace in the anime, but I've never read the manga so it moving a bit slow doesn't bother me in the least.

As long as none of these are announced for release in December [I know, unlikely, but still...], that would be devastating...

Edit - AmiAmi "Sold Out" of Daisy-chan once again.

Got an email from Sideshow that my Coulson wait list order has converted and will ship out on July 8th. Not planning on canceling so I'm happy I have all the HT figures I wanted.

Good stuff.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Something I'm digging about this Erza Scarlet figure, though I know jack shit about Fairy Tail. I think it's the face. The expression is the complete opposite of like, 99.997% of all other bishoujo figures ever.

What the hell did they do to Erza's face? Goddamnit. That looks totally off. They also picked her standard armor... which I guess is okay, but it would have been nice to get her Heaven's Wheel armor:

And I was just asking about Fairy Tail figures a few days ago.

Just pre-ordered the new bishoujo Psylocke. November 2013 release.

http://www.nekomagic.com/?p=42079

L2 Elves and now Psylocke? You have good taste :D

So Fiona from Border Break(SEGA arcade third person mech shooter) has been painted and should be up for order soon. Based on Shunya Yamashita's artwork:

I quite like this figure, but I have a lot of pre-orders already and I'm not familiar with the manufacturer so I'll have to see what the price is and all that.

Solune

So Fiona from Border Break(SEGA arcade third person mech shooter) has been painted and should be up for order soon. Based on Shunya Yamashita's artwork:

I quite like this figure, but I have a lot of pre-orders already and I'm not familiar with the manufacturer so I'll have to see what the price is and all that.

Needs more green but so so good.

Is there any reason I shouldn't wait for Psylocke to come state-side before ordering her?

Not if you're in the US. johnsmith's recommendation in the OP is to wait for around $50 on Amazon with free shipping.

Here in the UK the prices are £45 to £55 so with shipping from Japan it's a wash.

So my Raidou is here!

However, I had no idea it wouldn't come with a stand like the figma ones do.

Do you veterans have a recommendation for one? He's D-Arts and wonderfully top heavy. There's a pose of him in a mid-running pose on the back of the box and I think even with a stand it seems like an absolute lie unless you did the nail polish trick for his leg joints.

Just preorder
Wish there was a PCV verison of Kurisu Makise in her lab coat like the GSC version. But Amiami just shipped my Nendoroid Miho Nishizumi, first Nendoroid figure so not sure what to expect. I also have the PLATZ Pazner IV D so pretty excited to built it and get her in there. "PANZER VOR!!"

So my Raidou is here!

However, I had no idea it wouldn't come with a stand like the figma ones do.

Do you veterans have a recommendation for one? He's D-Arts and wonderfully top heavy. There's a pose of him in a mid-running pose on the back of the box and I think even with a stand it seems like an absolute lie unless you did the nail polish trick for his leg joints.
(quoting myself because I'm an impatient jerk)
31A9Kb3khGL._SY445_.jpg

The amazon reviews for this one seem super positive, maybe I'll go with this?

It's a three pack though, which is quite the enabler to make me buy two extra figures to get the most out of it.

chrono01

It's not December...right?

Please don't be December...

Edit - It's August! YES! I can purchase her!!!!

I love the pose on that Fiona figure. The crates were a good idea, too. No worries about pvc leaning.

Also, I has a question.... According to this, Good Smile is showing off this stuff at Japan Expo.... But some of it has already been released. Does this mean some of the things being shown will be getting re-releases. Like Love is War DX Miku? Please god say yes.

sca2511

Going back and forth with Koto and GSC's Kurisu. Looked at some closer pictures of the Koto and it seems that it isn't as high quality as GSC's, though I much prefer the pose. That GSC lab coat though...

Do you guys and gals prefer pose to quality or vice versa?

I've started becoming a big fan of ThreeA again (I only own one 1/12 figure from them) and slowly starting to collect a few of their figures. I preordered the 1/6 Atlas figure from Bambaland Store back in May and I just preorder the Dark Blind Cowboy Dead Equine Set from another vendor (I missed ThreeA's preorder sale on it back in April):

isohBlindCowboy.jpg

tumblr_mmdhkyRCPf1r354alo1_500.jpg

Between getting new figures and new consoles, this holiday season is going to be a very exciting one :)

Going back and forth with Koto and GSC's Kurisu. Looked at some closer pictures of the Koto and it seems that it isn't as high quality as GSC's, though I much prefer the pose. That GSC lab coat though...

I notice I tend to enjoy GSC more..due to that lab coat!! :p

chrono01

I love the pose on that Fiona figure. The crates were a good idea, too. No worries about pvc leaning.

Also, I has a question.... According to this, Good Smile is showing off this stuff at Japan Expo.... But some of it has already been released. Does this mean some of the things being shown will be getting re-releases. Like Love is War DX Miku? Please god say yes.
Nope, sorry. It's just a special set of sales they do for events.

I'm not saying that they definitely won't release them [such as Love is War DX] eventually, but them showing up at events such as the Japan Expo isn't really indicative of anything. So hope for the best, but plan for the worst. That way you won't be disappointed!

Yeah, I'm leaning towards pre-order on Fiona. Anyone have experience with the manufacturer(Wing) though?
I don't own any figures from them, but from what I've seen, they're more than decent. I'd place them on the level of Phat or Kotobukiya. They're a smaller manufacturing company that works under Good Smile Company's "umbrella" [they oftentimes handle the advertising for them].

I'm willing to take the risk for Fiona! As I said, the ones released from them so far look more than adequate, so I have faith that Fiona will turn out the same.

I love Kotobukiya's base, but the sculpt of Good Smile Company. The fact that GSC [well, the re-release] also includes her Lab Coat and Dr. Peppe-, er, "Dr. Lepper", pushes it over the edge.

I was debating a while back whether to order Kotobukiya's version, and I'm glad I waited. I much prefer GSC's version.

sca2511

Lab coat kurisu will be available on the 28th @ the GSC online shop? Might just go and cancel my pre order koto kurisu from amiami.

chrono01

Hoping amiami will accept my cancellation of koto kurisu. Lab coat kurisu will be available on the 28th @ the GSC online shop?
Yep, from July 28th - August 5th.

First cancellation from AmiAmi? Just be as brief and polite as you can. Apologize for the inconvenience and don't try to force the cancellation upon them. Leave the decision in their hands. I'm sure it won't be an issue, just try not to make a habit out of it. Despite what some might say, AmiAmi is generally pretty understandable when it comes to cancellations, at least from my experience. :)

Does anyone have the link to the Lab Coat Kurisu on GSC's website? I wanted to bookmark it for when the time comes.

Despite what some might say, AmiAmi is generally pretty understandable when it comes to cancellations, at least from my experience. :)

They are, but they'll still word their reply in such a way that you think they're planning on raping you in the ears or something.

I don't own any figures from them, but from what I've seen, they're more than decent. I'd place them on the level of Phat or Kotobukiya. They're a smaller manufacturing company that works under Good Smile Company's "umbrella" [they oftentimes handle the advertising for them].

I'm willing to take the risk for Fiona! As I said, the ones released from them so far look more than adequate, so I have faith that Fiona will turn out the same.

That sounds good enough. I'm willing to roll the dice for such a nice figure. I noticed they already did Fiona once, but this one is better.

Does anyone have the link to the Lab Coat Kurisu on GSC's website? I wanted to bookmark it for when the time comes.

Here's the store page: http://goodsmile-wf-global.ecq.sc/wf18gscscawd00001.html

I only have one other figure coming out in November. Lab Coat Christina will be mine.
Sir, I like you.

I think the overall price including shipping will be 9500 yen since its 2000 yen for shipping, right? BTW if you preorder her during July 28-Aug 5, does GSC charge your for the full amount then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom