• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was just taking a look at this.

r9ccBZS.jpg

Under the Category it says "Garage Kit". Does that mean you have to build and paint it yourself?

Toki767

Wow, Koto's Mikasa looks pretty awesome. I think that might be the one I get.

Plus it has a cape! And it's probably taller than GSC's due to the pose.

Well, there are people / companies out there who will assemble and paint them for you then sell you the finished product, but you're looking at a lot of money, there.

Yeah, both are almost 200 USD so that's definitely out of the question for me (not to mention whatever that painting/assembly service costs). I'll have to keep an eye out for newer Monster Hunter stuff. Hopefully of the prebuilt/painted variety.

LiK

Yeah, both are almost 200 USD so that's definitely out of the question for me (not to mention whatever that painting/assembly service costs). I'll have to keep an eye out for newer Monster Hunter stuff. Hopefully of the prebuilt/painted variety.

i've bought quite a few from Hobbyfan. Most are great quality but I did get a few with issues. So yea, it could be an expensive gamble.

Toki767

Crap. The Koto Mikasa is 13.65 inches tall. There's no way I'd be able to fit that anywhere. I really need somewhere to place a detolf.

Toki767

13.6" might be cutting it real close, even in a detolf.

Well then. Probably safe to say I'd have nowhere to fit this lol. At least her price seems justified though.

She's up for pre-order...so tempted...but nowhere to fit her and shipping is probably going to be super expensive. Amiami isn't even giving a discount lol

LiK

One of these days I'll finally buy one. I just need to prepare my wallet first.

yea, i noticed that sometimes these prepainted figures come out a few months before the PVCs are announced or released. probably explains where they got the molds. in any case, well worth it if they're made by a good kit builder

OMG
Why do those have to be Garage Kits?!
I'd buy both of those in a freaking heart beat.

It would certainly make the choice a lot easier.

yea, i noticed that sometimes these prepainted figures come out a few months before the PVCs are announced or released. probably explains where they got the molds. in any case, well worth it if they're made by a good kit builder

If I were to go through a kit builder, how much time am I looking at in terms of delivery delay?

good god, so expensive....fuck it, i'm grabbing it. i know i'm gonna love the game so whatever. it doesn't come out until Dec anyway.

Yeah, me too. Guess I'll be paying for my Kirigiri pre-order from N-Y soon. Can't have one without the other!

I think this thread would be super interesting to a psychologist.

Excellent idea. We can charge psychology students money (which we can then use to purchase more figures) to observe our habits.

LiK

It would certainly make the choice a lot easier.

If I were to go through a kit builder, how much time am I looking at in terms of delivery delay?

i mainly bought from Hobbyfan but from what they explained during preorders at the time, the kit builders they commission take a few months to make enough to sell. but i haven't bought prepainted kits in a few years. i don't really preorder prepainted kits anymore so hard for me to give you that advice.

chrono01

I was excited for Kotobukiya's Mikasa.

Then I saw the price.

All of these Attack on Titan merchandise are going to be insanely expensive, aren't they? No thanks.

Luigi87

Okay...
Plan
Go to Japan, hope for Kyoko figure in a shop.
Come back, order Nanami... but only if I secure Kyoko.
This seems fool proof.

chrono01

Okay...
Plan
Go to Japan, hope for Kyoko figure in a shop.
Come back, order Nanami... but only if I secure Kyoko.
This seems fool proof.
When you go over there, pre-order/bring back a Red Nendoroid for me please.

[Not serious, but no, seriously. Do it.]

kewlmyc

I dunno but I have a fear that all these cuties die or something given the nature of this show from what I know of it. That makes me sad.

It's a game series. The anime is beyond awful.

HOLY CRAP THAT RAIDOU
SO BOUGHT

It's quite excellent. Good taste sir.

In other news, I bought the Koto Mikasa even though I have the GSC Limited Mikasa ordered, and both release the same month. I officially have too much money.

i mainly bought from Hobbyfan but from what they explained during preorders at the time, the kit builders they commission take a few months to make enough to sell. but i haven't bought prepainted kits in a few years. i don't really preorder prepainted kits anymore so hard for me to give you that advice.

A bit longer than I expected.

Still, it's something to keep in mind. If I find any more good Monster Hunter figures I'll be sure to post them here.

chrono01

I really wish I could, but I'm going in July... Damn that September release!
Haha, I wasn't serious, but thanks for the consideration anyway.

I hope you have a great time over there [I mean, how could you not!?].

Z50461n.jpg

If a compnay made that into a figure, they could have all my money.
This is Hatsune Miku Love is War DX Ver. all over again.

I would probably purchase it.

LiK

Not bad.

Do prepainted usually go for a lower price than garage kits?

I would have thought the required assembly would engender a lower price than prepainted.

unless the GK is madly expensive like with Volks statues or any other WonFes exclusive GKs, they're usually on par in price. Hobbyfan's prepainted figures are usually pretty good prices considering there is no other way to get them completed.

I bought the 1/4 Rei EVA Volks statue from them and it's pretty amazing. Still unassembled tho after all these years cuz I never got around to assembling it. I admired her unassembled beauty tho, lol

hmmm i was going to possibly get mikasa + eren from koto....but I found out GSC is doing an eren and I will probably just get that with the mikasa dx

zoku88

unless the GK is madly expensive like with Volks statues or any other WonFes exclusive GKs, they're usually on par in price. Hobbyfan's prepainted figures are usually pretty good prices considering there is no other way to get them completed.

I bought the 1/4 Rei EVA Volks statue from them and it's pretty amazing. Still unassembled tho after all these years cuz I never got around to assembling it. I admired her unassembled beauty tho, lol

Sounds like one of those crazy serial killers out of context :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom