• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giolon

I just noticed that the Seven Sins website no longer has any mention of an anime being in production anymore. :( I guess it's not going to happen.

this is cute.

B/B - ARIA The NATURAL - Alicia Florence 1/8 Complete Figure - 11,580 JPY
HOB-FIG-5601.jpg

Man, I kinda want that Alter Asuka (Senran Kagura) now. Chrono-kun was right.

No one has her anymore except N-Y, and that's not happening. Amazon has her up for pre-order with a September 30th release date, but for $140 (oof). I have enough Amazon points on my Visa to significantly dampen the blow, but I'm hoping she turns up sooner (and cheaper!)

chrono01

Hometown Life Seven Sins: http://7-sins.net
The very best.

want all the sins!
Do what I'm doing.

Get them all.
the red head is mmmmm
She is indeed.

Man, I kinda want that Alter Asuka (Senran Kagura) now. Chrono-kun was right.

No one has her anymore except N-Y, and that's not happening. Amazon has her up for pre-order with a September 30th release date, but for $140 (oof). I have enough Amazon points on my Visa to significantly dampen the blow, but I'm hoping she turns up sooner (and cheaper!)
I hate to be the one to say "I told you so", so I will not!

If I see her become available at the usual sites, I'll send you a PM. Her curves, they are delectable.

The very best.

Do what I'm doing.

Get them all.

She is indeed.

I hate to be the one to say "I told you so", so I will not!

If I see her become available at the usual sites, I'll send you a PM. Her curves, they are delectable.

i guess I have to get mammon aftermarket .....or just get the lewd as swimsuit string

chrono01

Thanks, chrono.

I usually don't go for the "oops! My top came undone!" types of figures, but she looks really good. I haven't bought an Alter figure in a while.
No worries man, happy to help.

It's kind of surprising that she's not getting the attention she deserves. Maybe it's because she's from a niche video games series and not a high-profile anime? Either way, I thank Alter for choosing to make her, since the other Asuka on the market weren't exactly "amazing". :(

i guess I have to get mammon aftermarket .....or just get the lewd as swimsuit string
Is that the only one you're missing? That's not too bad, I'm sure Mandarake will have a few extra available on her release.

As for the bikini/string version, she's indeed lewd. Not sure that even counts as clothing.

No worries man, happy to help.

It's kind of surprising that she's not getting the attention she deserves. Maybe it's because she's from a niche video games series and not a high-profile anime? Either way, I thank Alter for choosing to make her, since the other Asuka on the market weren't exactly "amazing". :(

Is that the only one you're missing? That's not too bad, I'm sure Mandarake will have a few extra available on her release.

As for the bikini/string version, she's indeed lewd. Not sure that even counts as clothing.

for me its better visually then her original outfit. I just REALLY dislike the shape of her boobs and pose in the original.

Hello again everyone. I thought I would take the time to take pictures with my better camera of the bootleg Snow Miku 2014 I received from Nippon-Yasan. Hopefully this will help other prospective buyers of her to be aware and how to identify the bootleg. It is also a guide to show how far bootleggers are going to replicate the original product. If anyone can point out any other obvious differences between my pictures and their own Snow Miku that would be really helpful!

The Packaging

Here is the box Snow Miku was shipped to me with a date printed on it to prove when I received her from Nippon-Yasan.
She was only wrapped in one layer of bubble wrap and 1 sheet of newspaper on both sides.

The Box

As you can see it is very close to the official packaging. If anyone can point out any glaring differences that would be appreciated.
Bottom and Right side of brown box.
Left and Top side of brown box.
Back side of main box.
Left side and front of main box.
Inside flap of main box.
Text blurb inside flap of main box.
Top right flap opening main box.
Top left flap opening main box.

Unboxing
She even came with an instruction manual that looks pretty authentic.

Tape
There was a thick tape completely surrounding the entire clamshell of the figure. What you see in the photo is the residue of the tape. The clamshell is now sticky when touching it. This differs from the standard nendoroid packaging with 4 pieces of small tape on each side of the clamshell.

Quality Concerns
In the photos above you can see there is brown staining on the top of her head and on her hair. Her hat is also stained brown.

Close Ups of Figure
The runes bordering her skirt are not consistent, her arms do not fit in all the way, there is sloppy paint work on her shoes, skirt and cape collar, there is white paint missing on her gloves and her tie has dirt in the paint.

Comparisons to Good Smile Company's official bootleg guide
Guide found here
Hat Snowflake
Snow Bunny's Neck
Faceplate Back
Back of Head Inside
Stand
Inside of Spell Book

With the comparisons to GSC's bootleg guide it is very obvious that the figure I received was in fact a bootleg. Bootleggers are becoming very good at replicating the box she came in and the figure itself.

Full picture album here. There are more images included in the album that I did not highlight in this post.

Before I send her back to Nippon-Yasan for my compensation Mamitan of Good Smile has asked me to mark the figure to ensure it is not sold again.

Hopefully this will all be solved once I send back my bootleg and receive a new authentic Snow Miku.

Thank you!
I want to thank everyone here on figureGAF for their support in getting this resolved. Special thanks to Cajunator for first helping me identify that my Snow Miku was a bootleg and PewPewK for getting the word out to reddit and myfigurecollection. You are all awesome!

StayDead

The one that proved to me it was a bootleg instantly was the one of the full figure. The glossy style paint on her arms are bootleg ++ every single time.

Really glad you got it sorted and GSCs customer service is so good <3

Bombless

So I've unboxed Kaoru and Elf and...my gods is Kaoru simply perfect. And so incredibly lewd when viewed from the right angle.

Elf is great, white cone aside. Megahouse did great and I'm excited for Amazon later this month. This Dragon's Crown mini collection will be a great addition to my stock!

Einbroch

Banned
So I've unboxed Kaoru and Elf and...my gods is Kaoru simply perfect. And so incredibly lewd when viewed from the right angle.

Elf is great, white cone aside. Megahouse did great and I'm excited for Amazon later this month. This Dragon's Crown mini collection will be a great addition to my stock!

pixxx

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Hello again everyone. I thought I would take the time to take pictures with my better camera of the bootleg Snow Miku 2014 I received from Nippon-Yasan. Hopefully this will help other prospective buyers of her to be aware and how to identify the bootleg. It is also a guide to show how far bootleggers are going to replicate the original product. If anyone can point out any other obvious differences between my pictures and their own Snow Miku that would be really helpful!

Thanks for putting that together. I'm really glad it worked out for you in the end.

Bombless

I never realised where the zipper ended on the Yamato suits...The weird thing is Yuria doesn't have her name/rank/spec on her shoulder stripes while Kaoru and Makoto do. At the same time the latter two are made under the AlphaxOmega label while Yuria was Megahouse.

Much better pictures of Elf have been posted so I'll just post these two. Again, I'm super happy of the result, especially considering the fact she is the character from Dragon's Crown I like the least. I will light a candle to Saint Jude for the making of the male characters as well.

omlet

lol at that Yamato figure... gotta be ready for anything in space, I guess.

And speaking of displaying, I really need to get a new detolf or something. Problem is the closest IKEA store is 4~ hours away... bleaugh

I think I will be able to fit the Subaru in current shelving somewhere (but it's already so crowded that some figures are blocking others), but after that there will really be no free space left unless I start overlapping bases, and Houmei will have nowhere to go D:!

I only have one nendo (Rachel Alucard which came with my BB:CP collectors edition). I'm not really into them. I will say they can create the quite the spread in larger quantities. Take some pics with the risers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom