• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the Cowboy Bebop BD release leads to new figures getting made. The last round came out around 2006, and they were all fucking shite.

Also, why did Gidget from Eureka Seven never get a figure? She's amazing.

javac

I hope the Cowboy Bebop BD release leads to new figures getting made. The last round came out around 2006, and they were all fucking shite.

Also, why did Gidget from Eureka Seven never get a figure? She's amazing.

Don't think a Blu-ray release will make a difference. When a blu-ray releases in Japan? Sure. We got Lagann Chogokin and Gunbuster Chogokin figures when the Blu-rays released in Japan. Same with Utena etc. I don't think a very late US Blu-ray release will all of a sudden incentivize the creation of figures.

Mmh. This delivery schedule for the package with Ultimate Madoka can't be right. It's already in my country, and it says it still needs 7 more days to reach me? Seems a bit ridiculous. I was hoping it would show up tomorrow.

I don't want to start collecting the entire K-on! band. But they look so cool together. Stop me.

:D I will do no such thing as stop you. I only have the Yui so far but plan to get them

193zs.jpg

I like you. <3

So....any Mega Man fans here?
Mega Man Mega Buster Gun Replica Coming Soon To ThinkGeek

In the future, sometime in the year 200X, a war will break out between a roboticist who wishes to help the world and one who wishes it to be under his control. Dr. Light, the good robo-builder, will transform his lab assistant Rock into a super-awesome fighting robot. In Japan, this robot was known as Rockman, but he quickly became known elsewhere as Mega Man. And now you can wield the powerful weapon bestowed to Mega Man when you nab the Mega Man Mega Buster Gun Replica.

The Mega Man Mega Buster Gun Replica is a real work of art. Turn it on and you’ll hear a power up sound and watch the power meter fill up. Reach in, grab the handle, and you’re ready for action. Quickly pull the trigger and you’ll hear a single fire sound and the end will flash. Hold in the trigger, though, and you’ll watch the power meter fill and the sound intensify until you release the trigger, firing a charged shot! When you are finished vanquishing evil robots for the day, switch the Mega Buster off and enjoy the power down lights and sounds. With a Mega Man Mega Buster Gun Replica on your arm, you’ll always be ready to Rock and/or Roll.

Product Specifications

A full-sized replica of Mega Man’s Mega Buster Gun
Two trigger-activated, light and sound effects: single shot or charged shot
Power up and down light/sound effects
Fits right or left hand (ambi-blaster-ous)
Officially-licensed Capcom product
A ThinkGeek creation and exclusive
Batteries: 3 x AA (not included)
Dimensions: approx. 8” diameter (at widest) x 14.2” long - arm hole is approx. 4.8” diameter
Price $79.99 | Video
http://capcomunity.tumblr.com/post/94662575870/dead-march-theomeganerd-mega-man-mega-buster

kiryogi

Banned
I use those suction cap stands* to display all my nendos on my window.

Or2Q9fp.jpg

*no one has ever said this.

I love these clips and suction cups! I had one of the clips break tho trying to use it on my monitor, was too wide and the pressure eventually broke it. XD Go go GSC

Here's Mikudayo petit attached to the side of my PC case, and then a Kurisu figma and other petits on the side of my desk.

She really is gorgeous. I wanted her back when they showed her at winter wonfes, but I don't think I can justify her now. That price is a bit much.

22cm tall isn't big enough to justify a price like that. Not when there's still shipping to consider as well. She'd be a lot cheaper if she wasn't exclusive.

oh well, I still have my Aoba reissue to look forward to.

They said they would, no?

Don't worry, I'm depriving them of $100+ by not buying Alter's 1/7 Asuka (Senran Kagura) from them.

They said they would refund me once they received the package. (Which seems kind of shady) It was $110 to get my package shipped with a tracking number so I sent it without tracking. Could be a bad move on my part. Hopefully all goes well...

Bombless

They said they would refund me once they received the package. (Which seems kind of shady) It was $110 to get my package shipped with a tracking number so I sent it without tracking. Could be a bad move on my part. Hopefully all goes well...

What? Just for that box? Jesus Christ. Still, I would've done it. Without tracking they could just say they never received it..

javac

As long as you have your post office receipt you should be fine since that is proof you sent it, and the post office should compensate you if anything goes missing (which it won't!). Of course the amount of compensation varies on the type of delivery used. Regardless you'll be fine. Was it sent 1st class or what?

What? Just for that box? Jesus Christ. Still, I would've done it. Without tracking they could just say they never received it..
Yea I'm still contemplating if I made the right move.

As long as you have your post office receipt you should be fine since that is proof you sent it, and the post office should compensate you if anything goes missing (which it won't!). Of course the amount of compensation varies on the type of delivery used. Regardless you'll be fine. Was it sent 1st class or what?

Standard small packet international air mail. Shipping out of Canada is expensive as fuck. I tried looking for other options besides Canada Post (our local post office) such as Fedex. They wanted to charge me $200 for international air.

javac

Standard small packet international air mail. Shipping out of Canada is expensive as fuck. I tried looking for other options besides Canada Post (our local post office) such as Fedex. They wanted to charge me $200 for international air.

Wow that's really expensive. Standard small packet is around 1 to 2 weeks. I think you should let NY know it's on the way in the meantime, as well as how much it cost making sure they understand you want 100% compensation for it all and maybe scan the receipt and send it to them so they know it's on its way? It should be okay in any case.

chrono01

Oh GOD, this looks amazing.

I'm not sure if I'll purchase it or not, but I am incredibly tempted.

Arcadia + 7th Dragon. I won't lie, I'm tempted.
She looks nice, but I'll be passing. It doesn't hit that "NEED" button for me.

Personally I would have shipped it via the most expensive method just to suck as much money from them as possible after what they put you through.

chrono01

My Meiko Uniform version is on her way, and I've got my order in for Hana. I wish they made a Class Prez figure instead of a second Meiko. :p
I'll say one thing for Wing, they put a lot of thought into their bases.

I really hope their upcoming Sansei Muramasa is the same.

kiryogi

Banned
Catsuit Meiko there is actually perched on a miniature black table, which acts as her base. It's from a specific scene in the manga.

Ha ha, I had no idea they had POP vinyl Vocaloids.

They also have Rin and Len. But why they no have best girl Luka?

Are these out yet? I've been waiting for it XD

Ryuuroden

Arcadia + 7th Dragon. I won't lie, I'm tempted.

Hmmm, that is definitely something that would probably pass muster with a girlfriend. I know, I know, some of you will say it doesn't matter what others think but I am getting back in the dating scene and while I am trying to find someone who likes figures as well, the most important thing to me is my LEGO, I can live without figures. Anyways, the girl I am currently wooing, if that's the right word, is in West Africa right now working for UNICEF and we actually haven't met in person yet. I actually like her enough and we have enough common interests that I can even contemplate selling off my figures if shes not a fan. She doesn't know about my figures yet but does know I have a shit-ton of LEGO and she was ok with that. I just don't think figures are very easy to really explain if not in person... I'm not going to bring one in front of the skype camera and be like hey yeah guess what, I also collect these. I have a feeling I have a better chance if she sees them in person and that it's not like I have an absurd number of them (like i do LEGO). Either way, I won't hide the fact that I collect them but I'm going to wait till she gets back from Africa first. My biggest hope is that considering all the other nerdy common interests we share, that shes hiding the fact that she has a boytoy figure collection to put meijiko's to shame

In fact, probably having a room dedicated to LEGO hobby probably helps my figures not stand out as much?

EDIT: Ima gonna die if shes a gaf member, I just realized it now that she could be considering....

Me too. I don't even recall her ever being in a catsuit, though I haven't finished reading it.

She wore the catsuit twice that I recall.
Once while she was on patrol when the Hidden Student Council expected a jailbreak
, and once when
she was smothering Anzu with her latex-clad crotch

Are these out yet? I've been waiting for it XD

She is. You might have to order from a specialty shop like I had to do for the POP Sharknado.

Entertainment Earth has her...

I don't anything about the manga or the character, but the super shiny suit just accentuates everything. It pushed her too far beyond the lewdness barrier for my purchase. :(

I sincerely thought about getting her, but I've heard she's pretty small, and I don't know what that gloss would be like in regards to dusting, or how susceptible it is to fingerprints.

Nippon-Yasan said:
Hello

Thank you for your message

The refund will be issued as soon as we get the bootleg back

As for the picture we are still waiting for the other nendoroid from our supplier
As soon as i have those i will send out the picture to you

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com

So I don't get a refund until they actually receive the figure which they have no use for and they need to get the other nendoroid from their "supplier".

Tidd

So I don't get a refund until they actually receive the figure which they have no use for and they need to get the other nendoroid from their "supplier".

Reading this I somehow doubt that they even have the other Nendoroid. <.<
I hope I'm wrong.

Well after 3 weeks I received my Senjougahara and I swear I will never ever use SAL unregistered again. The feeling that you don't know where your figure is or when it will arrive is just bad. But it was only 1000¥ and I need every cent for my August order lol

PewPewK

The more I see on N-Y, the more sketchy they seem. They list items they "think" they'll be able to find, and have to search for them once someone orders it. If they can't find it, they never contact the customer and, at worst, probably go to shadier locations to get their "stock."

I wouldn't be surprised if the Shinobu bootleg incident was basically a copy of that. They list her for an insane price as new ($300), then someone orders her, but they have no stock. They searched to see if they could find her, then they either knowingly or unknowingly bought a bootleg that they essentially finally forwarded to the customer.

Shady as hell. Don't list stock unless you have it and have vetted its source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom