• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
FigureGAF. I've realized that Destiny comes out in a few weeks and I still don't have a PS4. With that and a lack of space, I'm selling some parts of my collection here. I think I've priced everything reasonably well. Feel free to make an offer and I'll absolutely offer a discount for multiple items.

I don't know what it is, but I just cannot give a fuck about Destiny. In addition to the huge time commitment, it doesn't strike me as much more than an overly-pretty shoot-and-loot game like Borderlands. And I got enough of that kind of gameplay out of Borderlands. I have a hard time getting into actiony games these days. RPGs are my breand and butter.

Arveene

Neo Member
I don't know what it is, but I just cannot give a fuck about Destiny. In addition to the huge time commitment, it doesn't strike me as much more than an overly-pretty shoot-and-loot game like Borderlands. And I got enough of that kind of gameplay out of Borderlands. I have a hard time getting into actiony games these days. RPGs are my breand and butter.

I have a group of friends that are getting it as well. I figure it'll be a decent game to play with some friends and gives me a reason to finally grab one of the new consoles. I'd eventually need to get one for Bloodborne anyways.

Aww, shame you're selling them now, I would had jumped on that Yuki Mori if I wasn't in a period of utter wallet destroying orders.

Yeah, that's another reason. I'm starting to take a step back whenever I order something. I don't want anymore $500+ month orders. I'm downsizing my current collection while being more picky about what I order in the future.

I have a group of friends that are getting it as well. I figure it'll be a decent game to play with some friends and gives me a reason to finally grab one of the new consoles. I'd eventually need to get one for Bloodborne anyways.

I'll be upgrading to a PS4 later this year. Probably in time to play Dragon Age on the new hardware. Those boobs have to be in the highest resolution possible.

omlet

Now I know it could be the lighting the person used...it just looks so....meh. Official shot looks much better in my opinion. Also really don't like the wooden base, looks tacky to me. So I think I am going to skip her and wait for Max Factory or someone to make one. Pretty sure they will.

Yeah I really think the lighting isn't doing any favors to that second shot.

Snake by Gecco. how good are they? i saw they have Raiden coming too.
Yeah they have a Raiden coming, if you like what they did with Raiden I'm sure you'll probably like Snake, it seems from some of their other figures they may be hit and miss at times so ymmv.
Then you should be playing on PC.
"Zing!"
zing-o.gif

meijiko

That is awesome! Congrats :)

Tell that to your wallet. Good to hear you guys landed on your feet!

YAY!

(Now you can get that sexy male dakimakura pillow! that will shock your husband)

Microsoft to Amazon?

9udBh8U.gif

Good to hear!

Great news!

Now this is some great news. I'm glad to hear it!

\\o o// \o/

Thank you friends ;o; It's really a huge relief, not that my doubts were very strong. It's just scary not knowing if you'll have to suddenly move or if you'll run out of money.
I'm glad I didn't immediately panic and cancel all my preorders, lol.

After delays, I only have one scale figure left for this month's order, lol. Guess Kilmaria is getting all my attention. <3

Einbroch

Banned
Puh-leez. Everyone scream STEAM SALES GG CONSOLES ENJOY $60 when I get every single game at launch for less than $5.

I'll enjoy my exclusives and save money kthx.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I like owning games, though. I often don't finish games in the time it would take to rent. And I like having a collection (digital and physical).

Einbroch

Banned
I like owning games, though. I often don't finish games in the time it would take to rent. And I like having a collection (digital and physical).

If you can finish a game in two months it's essentially a $10 rental for those two months. But yes, that's totally valid. I just don't have the space for figures AND games.

george_us

I caved and bought Chachamaru. I'm so weak.

I don't know if I'll ever be comfortable going all digital. Game prices would have to start out in impulse purchase range for me to be on board with it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
If you can finish a game in two months it's essentially a $10 rental for those two months. But yes, that's totally valid. I just don't have the space for figures AND games.

Where can you rent a game for two months for $10?

I don't know if I'll ever be comfortable going all digital. Game prices would have to start out in impulse purchase range for me to be on board with it.

I won't be for a long time. I'm too much of a materialist. I love collector's editions with a passion, and special packaging makes me weak in the knees.

Most digital games I have are impulse buy range via Steam sales, Humble Bundles, or XBL/PSN Flash Sales.

chrono01

I caved and bought Chachamaru. I'm so weak.
Haha, very nice. I actually cancelled my pre-order from HLJ yesterday [I wasn't originally 100% sold on her so I wanted the option of cancelling if I wanted to] and placed an order at AmiAmi solidifying it. She looks amazing and will compliment Sansei Muramasa well.

Which version did you go with? For me, I had to go with the DX Ver. I just couldn't purchase her without that incredible Muramasa Spider. >_<

Einbroch

Banned
A two month subscription is $10? Back when I used to use Gamefly, it was $15 per month.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=610891

Two games per month comes out to ~$12/month, so if you rent two games at a time, it's only ~$6/month/game. I said $10 because it was easier, but yeah, it's $12. I can beat a game in a month easily (as long as it's not a JRPG), so each game is ~$6, and if I beat it in a weekend or two, it's even less.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=610891

Two games per month comes out to ~$12/month, so if you rent two games at a time, it's only ~$6/month/game. I said $10 because it was easier, but yeah, it's $12. I can beat a game in a month easily (as long as it's not a JRPG), so each game is ~$6, and if I beat it in a weekend or two, it's even less.

Nice. I used to marathon games back in college when I had a shared Gamefly account with my roommate. Nowadays, I'm lucky if I open my game up within the first week.

george_us

I won't be for a long time. I'm too much of a materialist. I love collector's editions with a passion, and special packaging makes me weak in the knees.

Most digital games I have are impulse buy range via Steam sales, Humble Bundles, or XBL/PSN Flash Sales.
Word. There's also the caveat of being unable to trade in games. That's a huge sticking point with me.

Haha, very nice. I actually cancelled my pre-order from HLJ yesterday [I wasn't originally 100% sold on her so I wanted the option of cancelling if I wanted to] and placed an order at AmiAmi solidifying it. She looks amazing and will compliment Sansei Muramasa well.

Which version did you go with? For me, I had to go with the DX Ver. I just couldn't purchase her without that incredible Muramasa Spider. >_<
I went with the DX version as well. How could I say no to that sweet ass looking Spider? Plus her sitting on that stand like that just looks odd.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
FigureGAF. I've realized that Destiny comes out in a few weeks and I still don't have a PS4. With that and a lack of space, I'm selling some parts of my collection here. I think I've priced everything reasonably well. Feel free to make an offer and I'll absolutely offer a discount for multiple items.

I'd take that Maid Yome off your hands right now if, but still gotta pay off my August orders. I'll contact you for sure if no one buys it next month :x

george_us

You are wise indeed.

Excellent choice.
Heh except now I'm tempted to grab Wing Muramasa herself now if I can find her. I was going to wait to see if she hits bomba prices. She's been sold out for awhile now though, which makes me think she won't be getting any cheaper.

chrono01

You always say that when someone orders something you already ordered. I see how your number of ordered figures keeps going up on your MFC profile. I SEE.
I plead innocence on the matter!

Heh except now I'm tempted to grab Wing Muramasa herself now if I can find her. I was going to wait to see if she hits bomba prices. She's been sold out for awhile now though, which makes me think she won't be getting any cheaper.
Yeah, she came back in a stock a week ago [after she was delayed from this month into October] but she's sold out again, it seems. If I see more become available, I'll send you a PM.

[I'm still on the lookout for Asuka for Freezasaurus.]

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
How are Hobby Link Japan with cancelations? Thinking of putting in a just in case order as I've read there's a good chance this figurine will likely be sold cheaper elsewhere but I want to know I at least have an order somewhere.

Never trust frozen dinosaurs.

True fact: He's the reason no other dinosaurs exist today.

I never did nothin' to nobody didn't have it comin' to 'em.

So what's all this about lies and a link to Kotobukiya Sinon*?

*aka best girl

doesn't matter, i've done mass cancellations many times and not a single warning. i don't think they actually check as long as it's not close to release date.

Same here. I've only ever bought a few things from them despite placing orders pretty often. I usually just use them as a backup, or a place to get orders in when I'm not 100% sure it's a figure I really want.

I took this to mean that she wasn't going to be on sale, so I preordered her on AmiAmi. That's what you meant, right? Unless I'm misunderstanding.

i aint mad er nuffin doe

When I posted that, she was AmiAmi's #1 seller in the genre of waifu figures. I don't think I said anything beyond that. If there was any mention of selling out and such, it was most likely done in an honest effort to enable, which is perfectly acceptable.

Einbroch

Banned
When I posted that, she was AmiAmi's #1 seller in the genre of waifu figures. I don't think I said anything beyond that. If there was any mention of selling out and such, it was most likely done in an honest effort to enable, which is perfectly acceptable.

I'm stupid. You need to be more clear in your enabling for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom