• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

"Why nendos?" they said. "Extra accessories are useless!" they said.

tisdynguyen1408685061.jpeg

Yazuka

Is there a toy thread in general? I would like to know where I could get a hold of the Green Rangers Dragon Dagger. And they would have to ship to Sweden. Sorry for asking this here.

Bombless

Looks like Alluka.

Mako faceplates on Kongou body.

Edit : Speaking of boats, Plastikitty just posted a recap of the KanColle girls and other stuff from Chara Hobby..

Man, I wish they'd make that Satan artwork instead of the Santa one....Still, Santa Satan will be a must have.

chrono01

So about that lewd Raita stuff...
Are they only available as nudes? Like there're no clothing accessories?
The Raita figures from Native?

Yeah, no clothing accessories, but you could always fashion something yourself [a bit of cloth] to cover them up if it bothers you.

Do you find it worthwhile?

I did it for a bit but it was stressful and I felt like I wasn't making much at all.

you have to just find the right groove and have the right tools. Its a great tool for people who don't have steady jobs or have a lot of free time.

There was a time last year for about 3months I was making about 170-200 a day for 5 days a week on mturk. Obviously that is an exception rather than the norm. I do see some people making about 400-500 a week.

Ken

Hey Barrow Roll, have you ever done battery replacement on any of your Iron Mans? I just discovered that I accidentally left the light on on his left arm (with closed fist so I had no idea) and it ran the battery out. :(

Bombless

Just when you think Capcom can't make that new Morrigan more terrible, they repaint her in white! That was a freaking online vote too. Way to go people.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ryuko and Mako were supposed to ship the same day, but my mako hasn't left yet ;_;
See, I would have got Mako, but I don't want to spend too much money so I opted to just get Link and Ryuko. By the time Link was delayed Mako was sold out so I couldn't "swap" them.

Hey Barrow Roll, have you ever done battery replacement on any of your Iron Mans? I just discovered that I accidentally left the light on on his left arm (with closed fist so I had no idea) and it ran the battery out. :(
Yup, I've replaced the batteries on a few of them. Just bought some on Amazon, watch batteries are really expensive in stores. Should say what kind of batteries you need on the instruction sheet. You should probably replace the batteries every couple of years anyways to avoid battery leakage that could possibly damage the electronics. Or just straight up remove the batteries if you don't use the light up features.

Bombless

See, I would have got Mako, but I don't want to spend too much money so I opted to just get Link and Ryuko. By the time Link was delayed Mako was sold out so I couldn't "swap" them.

Huh, so Mako did sell out in the end. I ordered her super late, wasn't going to then I noticed she was still open.

Cptkrush

So I just entered the world of figure collecting around two months ago; it's always been something I have wanted to do just never had the disposable income for it. I'm starting cheap with some Marvel Legends( I have Cap, Winter Soldier, and all of the Guardians line and built Groot). Last night I picked up the Jakks Pacific Link figure at Target.

I started looking at more expensive figures recently. I wanted to pick up the Link Figma figure or a Revoltech Peace Walker Snake as my first over 20 dollar figure, but I came across a Play Arts Kai Sneaking Suit Snake today for 58 bucks new in box (apparently the packaging is sub standard, however I plan on removing it from the box). Searching around I saw they were roughly over a hundred for new in box, so I'd say I got a sweet deal! Will post pics when it arrives.

I also plan on picking up a glass display case from Ikea in the next few months, anyone have one of these?

So I just entered the world of figure collecting around two months ago; it's always been something I have wanted to do just never had the disposable income for it. I'm starting cheap with some Marvel Legends( I have Cap, Winter Soldier, and all of the Guardians line and built Groot). Last night I picked up the Jakks Pacific Link figure at Target.

I started looking at more expensive figures recently. I wanted to pick up the Link Figma figure or a Revoltech Peace Walker Snake as my first over 20 dollar figure, but I came across a Play Arts Kai Sneaking Suit Snake today for 58 bucks new in box (apparently the packaging is sub standard, however I plan on removing it from the box). Searching around I saw they were roughly over a hundred for new in box, so I'd say I got a sweet deal! Will post pics when it arrives.

I also plan on picking up a glass display case from Ikea in the next few months, anyone have one of these?

detolfs are the standard for figure collectors but they are heavy (90lbs) and you need a bunch since they aren't wide.

I run a billy setup instead (without glass doors).

Meyneth

See, my downfall is that if there are figures of a pair (or set) of characters who have a close relationship I have to get them all. Otherwise they'll be lonely without their friends...

omlet

I have 2 DETOLF and am going to get another one some time soon (mine are over-full). They do a very good job of keeping dust off your figures (except on the bottom shelf if it is on the floor). As noted, pretty heavy, a bit tricky to assemble yourself. I really like them for what they are.

I have 2 DETOLF and am going to get another one some time soon (mine are over-full). They do a very good job of keeping dust off your figures (except on the bottom shelf if it is on the floor). As noted, pretty heavy, a bit tricky to assemble yourself. I really like them for what they are.

I don't think I'm going beyond two. Those things are pain in the ass to dust. Granted, you only have to do it once every few months, but still. It's a task.

Einbroch

Banned
I feel bad for my mailwoman. She carried my package up the stairs this morning (three stories), but I wasn't home. Apparently I had two packages (?), she left a note with the words BIG on it. I assume it's my monthly AmiAmi order with six figures.

She's really nice, too. :(

darklin0

Banned
I just figured out my whole order for August from AmiAmi was pushed to October due to one delay. I just emailed support to see if I can get the available stuff moving.

chrono01

I just figured out my whole order for August from AmiAmi was pushed to October due to one delay. I just emailed support to see if I can get the available stuff moving.
They'll do it, no worries.

They normally do it automatically but sometimes they're just slow separating the items, especially if there are multiple in the same order.

omlet

Finished putting Houmei together (got distracted by several hours of TERA/XIV).

Gorgeous.

I think I'm going to display with the full outer kimono-thing for now. She looks really great without it, too, but I like how elaborate and detailed it is and man it's a pain to mess with, heh. Also gotta say I'm really impressed with how it's designed. She sits right on the water base with no pegs, just very well designed balance.

Now I sleep...

They'll do it, no worries.

They normally do it automatically but sometimes they're just slow separating the items, especially if there are multiple in the same order.

Yeah, they pushed my entire August order to September, including the two in-stock pre-owned figures. I was looking at my orders for the next few months and wondered why there were two 20k orders plus a 10k order for September. I'm guessing Sorceress and Alter's Asuka (Jersey ver.) are going to be delayed beyond September. And who knows what's happening with Range Murata's Muse anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom