• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pbae

I can't lie, I'm not nearly excited for getting WoL as I should be. I would be more excited for Lenna.

I have him and honestly, he isn't needed for anything yet. When he's on my team, I always consider benching him for more DPS. It's only later on when the content hits harder that he (and other tanks) are a necessity.

Honestly, I just have him on the roster right now b/c he looks cool taking up the vanguard.

Lyrian

Does anyone still using espers for damage?

Working on trying to create a team of Summoner Shenanigans at the moment. Downside is that even getting a Rydia up to the needed speed to even be meaningful is a crapton of work, plus that she needs her 5* awakening to be useful. Will be even better with a Garnet, as she is technically superior to Rydia in most ways, outside of raw damage, as a 4* base. However, as a 4* base, she requires an order of magnitude of work beyond Rydia to bring up to speed.

Rydia is the black mage summoner, to which Garnet is the white mage equivalent. Both of them will sure be blown away by the inevitable 6* Yuna, when she is eventually released as either the green mage summoner (or more as she will surely be 5* base).

Nevertheless, I'm not holding my breath about actually pulling a Garnet on the next banner.

Gintamen

I want those FFIX characters, b...ut a double rare chance for Lightning. Are any of those other XIII chars worth the lapis?

Just got to concentrate on maxing Tellah, Lenna and Exdeath from the last pull.O:)

Lyrian

They're really trying hard to make summon tickets useless.

Well, not useless, but peasant tier. Tickets are free and don't make Gumi money.

They are there to serve as goodwill to the minnows of the playerbase to give hope that they can pull off a miracle pull and become more engaged in the game and become paying customers. At the worst, they are there to ensure at a minimum the playerbase gets a baseline of 5* units to keep up with power creep. Just don't expect to pull much out of banners that are new with tickets once the majority of banner units become 4* base or higher.

Vashetti

Banned
Good call, it might be iOS restrictive.

Does anyone on iOS not experience crashes of any sort?

I'm on iPhone 4, so performance is bad anyway, but yeah loads of crashes, makes my phone super hot.

Only started playing today but I'm absolutely hooked, best FF game I've played in years.

So who are the must haves on those banners besides Lightning? I know Snow is a solid tank if you don't have WoL but other than that? All FF IX are worthless to me as Lenna is superior to Garnett but I'm not sure how the other XIII, IV, and Tactic characters measure up. I guess I really just need to know the beastly physical attackers since that's the one thing I still don't have which is why I covet Lightning. Unless there's a mage that outclasses Kefka and ExDeath but I doubt that.

Kettch

So it looks like Zidane isn't part of the FF9 banner. Would be a good thing if we end up getting the solo rate up instead though.

Kouriozan

Unless there's a mage that outclasses Kefka and ExDeath but I doubt that.
Majin (or probably Dark in Global) Fina, innate double cast Ultima and auto-refresh!
But she's also very far away, like 4+ months to wait.
wait, are people saying Summoning tickets have less % to pull the good units compared to the pulls you use lapis for?
Nah, it's just that there'll be a 250 lapis rare summon per day and a summoning ticket is worth 500 (now we can't buy them directly anyway), so the tickets lost some value, oh and guaranted 4* with 10+1 lapis summon I guess.
There will be sweet rare 4* or more tickets given away at some events.

Folstern

So it looks like Zidane isn't part of the FF9 banner. Would be a good thing if we end up getting the solo rate up instead though.
This is very true. I have zero interest in any of the FFIX turdlings. I just want that dual wield TM. (Sort of off-topic but a pet peeve of mine is that such an ineffective fighting style is top tier in video games.)

Lyrian

wait, are people saying Summoning tickets have less % to pull the good units compared to the pulls you use lapis for?

No, with the exception of the bonus pull on the Summon 11. That's the only pull that has a better base rate of acquiring a rare unit. Otherwise, summon tickets are the same as a 500 lapis pull at ~5% to pull a banner 4* unit.

That bonus pull gains value when the later banners have a majority of 4 and 5* base units, which are going to be very hard to pull with single pulls/tickets.

Basically we're going to turn into hoarders that only summon when we have 5k lapis to use the x11 summon with the exception of the yolo tickets we get for free here and there.

Majin (or probably Dark in Global) Fina, innate double cast Ultima and auto-refresh!
But she's also very far away, like 4+ months to wait.

I meant out of the banners leaked but maybe I just didn't drill down far enough. Damn would double cast and Ultima be beastly. What's auto-refresh? Too bad Fina just doesn't transform into that form through the story ;p

The Motherload of Datamined Global Banners

Oh boy.gif

FF13? FF4? FFT? And More! Half price banners everywhere! One day single unit banners (Zidane, Vann, Garland, etc.)...

What, what? Shantotto 5*???

Where in the ever loving FUCK do you see a 5* Shantotto!?!!

tumblr_n3fbv3DqKO1txplyno1_500.gif

Valentus

like i said several times, Ryudomira's TM is crucial for White Mages. Dual Cast is a must have for Garnet/Lenna, or even Fina for harder trials of you dont have powercreep and want to be alive.

Ryudomira is the true star of the batch, but i want hope's staff... I WANT IT NOW AND EQUIP IT TO MY KEFKA WITH DUAL WEILD

Kouriozan

I meant out of the banners leaked but maybe I just didn't drill down far enough. Damn would double cast and Ultima be beastly. What's auto-refresh? Too bad Fina just doesn't transform into that form through the story ;p
It's like regen but for MP, recover 5% MP per turn.

CCIE

Banned
Going to shoot for Ludmilla/Ryudimira on the Lightning banner... Snow and Hope on the FFXIII banner, ANY of the FFT characters would be a good grab, and the only character not showing a dedicated 24HR boost banner is the one I need in Cecil. Looks like Zidane may get his own banner.

Seriously, I may just have to play the game without a tank the way I draw units. I wouldn't put it past me to draw Lightning while trying to pull Snow.

And Shantotto is getting a 5th star? That would be incredible news - look at the bottom banners Chilly

I just appreciate Ryodmira or Ludmille having a great TM because I really prefer there to be two units I covet in a banner to feel comfortable pulling. That way when the big prize is super tough to get, I at least know I have a solid shot at getting the second desirable option. I only expected to get Lenna on this banner and that was enough to justify the pulling. That's what I'll tell myself when I pull on the Lightning banner. Plus, I still haven't gotten a single 5* pull so surely I'm destined to get Lightning ;p That's the silver lining for the FF IX banner being trash, I'll have time to store up lapis for the Lightning banner.

Also, CCIE, you really don't need a tank yet in Global so you have plenty of time! I'd have been far better off getting Chizu than WoL but still appreciate getting WoL so I could get Rain the hell out of my party and it will be good having a tank that gets 6* eventually. You having Chizu and Vaan is a much better situation than having a tank right now.

CCIE

Banned
Yep, as much as I love FFIX I'm going to skip that banner since Zidane isn't on it. I'm going to save up for the FFXIII banner which is my next decent shot at a tank. Pull for the Dual Cast TM chick, and go in on the FFT banner with the knowledge I'm not getting a single one of the units (all base 4*).

Then I will pull on the FF4 banner possibly. Rosa would be pretty sweet to draw. Everything good from here on out is probably going to be a base 4* unit

Valentus

this was uploaded un june 21:

http://imgur.com/a/xXqyX

this was MOCKUPS made by people using the japan banners (and the shantotto banner was a typo in the japan server because she doesnt have a 5 star but alim put by mistake 3-5 star in her rate up banner)

And now if you see the images datamined are THE SAME that the mockups made by the people in june 21.

Are you telling me that gumi is SO CHEAP that they put those mockups in the game and will use them as official banners??????????????

That or the reddit people are fucking with us.

CCIE

Banned
Squall, I totally get it. But I'm starting to become a little concerned I won't draw a SINGLE six-star eventual tank. Seriously, the chances of Snow aren't that good, and in ALL of those banners I don't see a boosted rate for Cecil.

I'm just going to nuke the crap out of everything. I have DPS units in spades, and Lenna. I'm hoping to get the Dual Cast TM chick just so I can turn Kuja into the God he deserves to be... And I LOVE FFT, but I have resigned myself to probably not getting one decent unit off that banner

this was MOCKUPS made by people using the japan banners (and the shantotto banner was a typo in the japan server because she doesnt have a 5 star but alim put by mistake 3-5 star in her rate up banner)

And now if you see the images datamined are THE SAME that the mockups made by the people in june 21.

Are you telling me that gumi is SO CHEAP that they put those mockups in the game and will use them as official banners??????????????

Oh.

So I can die now.

Bye.

Hummana Hummana at the 10k lapis deal that nets you three guaranteed 5*s! You get a gold armor set plus an Attack 30% too so solid stuff regardless who you get but the bigger kicker is that most scrubs don't have a 5* form right now so hopefully not many opportunities to draw crap 5* when that hits (if it does). Although that says January so could be completely different story by then. Lets hope Shadow doesn't get a 5* ;p
Squall, I totally get it. But I'm starting to become a little concerned I won't draw a SINGLE six-star eventual tank. Seriously, the chances of Snow aren't that good, and in ALL of those banners I don't see a boosted rate for Cecil.

I'm just going to nuke the crap out of everything. I have DPS units in spades, and Lenna. I'm hoping to get the Dual Cast TM chick just so I can turn Kuja into the God he deserves to be... And I LOVE FFT, but I have resigned myself to probably not getting one decent unit off that banner

Chances are you'll get one when going for something else. Just think about how many units we'll pull trying to get the one we really want and that's when you'll pull something you weren't targeting, but ends up being a great surprise anyway. You will get your tank and I will get my physical damage dealer (and barrage, dammit!) one day, believe!

CCIE

Banned
Squall, wish I could give you a damage dealer. I'm crawling with them - that is why I cannot complain. Like I said, I'm going to draw Lightning trying to get Snow - just watch.

Lyrian

They are likely semi-official. Placeholders, yes. But if they are used, then they will be likely be proofed for accuracy.

After all, Gumi did turn on temporarily 2 months+ of awakenings before remembering to patch them back out. It would have been hilarious if 6* awakening mats had been released previously and everyone who was fast enough got to awaken their units ahead of schedule (probably would have resulted in a server rollback though).

Squall, wish I could give you a damage dealer. I'm crawling with them - that is why I cannot complain. Like I said, I'm going to draw Lightning trying to get Snow - just watch.

If only we could trade, we'd all hook each other up! At least I can summon friends and use barrage to see what it feels like ;_; Hasn't been necessary thus far fortunately, curb stomped everything in Global though I haven't made it to Frost Dragon yet. Doubt he'll give me trouble though. I'm on A4 now so getting there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom