• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

Is there a reason to not just pour Magicite/Megacite of the appropriate colour into your Espers?

To **not** do so?

Umm... because someone might be extremely uptight about not being perfectly efficient with esper xp?

Otherwise, you pour everything into the esper you want to level up. The XP curve gets to be rather steep after awhile. If you hold off on only feeding red magicites to Ifrit only, he is going nowhere for quite a long time. PF, which yields green magicites, which belong to no one currently, would be simply rotting in inventory.

Lyrian

Do I really need to upgrade Siren to 2*?

Siren 1★ 2000 2500 1300 1500 2500 2500
Siren 2★ 3000 3400 1800 1900 3600 3600

Better stats to pass through to the equipped unit, but otherwise she doesn't have much to offer in her upgrade. Her summon damage is still awful and the only useful skill she learns is Dispel, which is not needed yet. There is not really a use for her bard songs yet, either.

Nah, it's an error from soft launch (iirc) datamining that still isn't fixed, the French banner is actually showing 3*-4*.
But that Snow base 5* mistake is present in both language.

raw

chrono01

With all of the 1/2 price Lapis banners coming up, I'm actually thinking of maybe skipping on the rest of the summer bundles. They're 50 Lapis more, and while you do get a Magic Key (and a few other items with them), I kind of want to be sure to be able to do 1/2 price summons each day, as well as a possible 10+1 when Lightning hits. I'm at 3950 Lapis now, so I'll need to start saving...

Which summons are worth leveling and in what order? I've only worked on Ifrit and have him at 18 but wondering if I should switch to Golem instead so WoL can learn Provoke. The latter is probably more important? Wouldn't mind some of you experienced guys to list your order of espers to level :)

scarlet

Which summons are worth leveling and in what order? I've only worked on Ifrit and have him at 18 but wondering if I should switch to Golem instead so WoL can learn Provoke. The latter is probably more important? Wouldn't mind some of you experienced guys to list your order of espers to level :)

Pair your WoL with Golem.
Someone in my friend list pair him with Ifrit and he has higher attack and mediocre defense.

Pair your WoL with Golem.
Someone in my friend list pair him with Ifrit and he has higher attack and mediocre defense.

Oh that I know, I meant to ask which esper should be my priority to level up first? I have Ifrit on Vaan. Also, I'm assuming all 2* summon battles give the same amount of rank xp so that's not a factor, correct?

Oh that I know, I meant to ask which esper should be my priority to level up first? I have Ifrit on Vaan. Also, I'm assuming all 2* summon battles give the same amount of rank xp so that's not a factor, correct?

In my case the order was damage dealers first, most to least important and then golem lol so Ramuh, Ifrit, Shiva, golem

Kouriozan

Holy shit @ Imperial Saga banner

Hope this hints at an English release and isn't just an imagedump from all the banners in their library.
If the Secret of Mana collab gets released in Global, I'll whale so hard on it, especially since Randi/Primm/Popoi are limited and won't be added to the rare summon pool.

chrono01

If the Secret of Mana collab gets released in Global, I'll whale so hard on it, especially since Randi/Primm/Popoi are limited and won't be added to the rare summon pool.
I'm waiting for the Chrono Trigger collaboration.

Chrono/Crono - Melee
Marle - Healer
Lucca - Magic/Support
Frog - Melee
Robo - Tank
Magus - Magic

Yes please.

scarlet

Depends on your team. If you have physical, Ifrit. If you have mage then Shiva/Ramuh 1st.

Ifrit has raging fist, Golem has provoke. The rest of espers don't give me that much.

My party is WoL-Vaan-ExDeath-Kefka-Lenna (Fina atm but just 7 or 8 levels to go for Lenna).

So I guess you could say I'm more mage oriented since WoL and Vaan aren't heavy hitters. I just have extra motivation for Golem because I need Provoke to make WoL a proper tank. Based on what you guys have said, I should prioritize Ramuh and Shiva over Ifrit, bummer I I've poured everything into Ifrit so far ha Although I've some magicite to play with now thanks to the summer deals. So from what Academic said, Ramuh is better than Shiva so I guess I have to decide between Ramuh and Golem right now. If I was pouring in magicites it wouldn't be a hard decision but since I spend most of my time in Voids, hard to decide since it takes forever haha Although once I finish leveling Lenna soon, either today or tomorrow, I can finally be done with Voids and start farming Magicite to level Espers. I really need to get an esper leveled because my rank is pathetic for as much as I've played. It's because over 90% of my playing has been in voids though I did clear all the story missions and sidequests I found.

Slaythe

I am debating not buying the 300 lapis summer bundles to save lapis.

What do you suggest ? They are making the tickets really subpar and those half price summons look tasty...

So, what Silver Chests do y'all recommend I open with magic keys?
I plan on getting barablizarra from Wolfsgang Peak and then saving the rest for new zones because none of the other chests have anything all that great currently.
I am debating not buying the 300 lapis summer bundles to save lapis.

What do you suggest ? They are making the tickets really subpar and those half price summons look tasty...

Who knows when those half price summons will hit though? I figure I can get all the rest of the summer deals and still have time to build lapis back up afterwards before the Lightning and half off deals hit. Any Japan players think otherwise? You guys might have an idea of when these deals will hit us.

Kouriozan

We're getting 100 free lapis everyday until the end of the month anyway, enough to build some lapis back after buying all the summer bundles.

Lyrian

But I'm starting to become a little concerned I won't draw a SINGLE six-star eventual tank. Seriously, the chances of Snow aren't that good, and in ALL of those banners I don't see a boosted rate for Cecil.

Same here. I'm personally not expecting to pull one ever either. I suppose I'll be pleasantly surprised if one ever does happen to show up on a pull.

That said, miracles do happen. Over in PAD-land today, I pulled one of the mythical impossible to draw cards there with ~1% rates on banner. Only the third time I've done that in a little over two years of playing there.

The cards will show up when they want to show up. May be not necessarily be when any of us want them to show up, but many of them will eventually given enough time and patience.

Valentus

I used kuja just once... for barthundara so i can beat europa!

Then he goes to the broken toys vault... and unless he gets W-Magic and Ultima in his 6star update, he will stay there forever.

scarlet

And all this time I thought you had him!

TCFfKQb.gif

Same here. I'm personally not expecting to pull one ever either. I suppose I'll be pleasantly surprised if one ever does happen to show up on a pull.

That said, miracles do happen. Over in PAD-land today, I pulled one of the mythical impossible to draw cards there with ~1% rates on banner. Only the third time I've done that in a little over two years of playing there.

The cards will show up when they want to show up. May be not necessarily be when any of us want them to show up, but many of them will eventually given enough time and patience.

Yeah, getting Lightning would be nice, but 36 pulls so far and 0 rainbow crystal. I don't expect too much
Might drop few $ tho

CCIE

Banned
Lyrian - I'm preparing to use Vaan like a tank in the meantime. He has the HP, especially if I give him 10%'s. Put him with Golem and Provoke. Nuke the crap out of everything with physical and Mage units. Mix and match

Slaythe

I just hope they're not gonna let zidane and kuja rot and add transe kuja and transe zidane as separate characters or something.

Malakhov

Banned
Vortex -> Vortex of Desires -> Chamber of Awakening.

The old consensus leaned towards INT for Sacred and ADV for Holy but the rates may or may not (e.g. placebo all around) have changed since the patch(es)

Thanks again. Been farming it today and so far was able to awaken laswell, garland and tellah to 4 stars. Just need a bit more for Lenna to 4 stars and WoL to 5 since I got enough holy crystals now as well.

Valentus

honestly, i dont give a fuck for lightning (if i got her, who i am to be mad about it :p) i really want ryudomira for dualcast for my white mage, and i really want some hopes to get 2 of those wands so i can equip my kefka / exdeath with it with dual wield so how much glorious MAG he can get.

did that 10 plus 1 pull......

2 four stars, a Vivi and Rydia, the rest are generic crap and a Sabin

its moments like these I just ask......why :(

Lyrian

Lyrian - I'm preparing to use Vaan like a tank in the meantime. He has the HP, especially if I give him 10%'s. Put him with Golem and Provoke. Nuke the crap out of everything with physical and Mage units. Mix and match

Sounds logical to me.

Most of the existing reasonably solid units in the game can fulfill other roles just fine. They just need a bit more work to get there (espers, gear, etc) than the top-tier units that come pre-packaged with all the tools they need out of the box.

As I wrote above, I'm working on a Rydia team at the moment. She is going to need a silly amount of work to become passable when she gets her 5* form, but I believe there is potential for her via her skills once skilled and geared up.

leehom

Took six tries, but I finally downed the S5 dragon @ coliseum.

Pretty intense and difficult fight. Don't know how some here are able to whup him easily. I guess having barblizzard helps.

Rixa

Rydia had so much potential ; ;
Gets 5* in the future, but still...
Most players on here have some pretty OP teams.

Dat reroll magic.

Probably my 20th reroll landed me with 2 Chiz, CoD, and Vaan.

I'll never get Lightning, nor will I pull any good TM characters.

A lot of people (myself included). Rerolled like crazy in July for "future proof" people

Or they started playing in May like myself. I started with Vaan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom