• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentus

so, aside from Cecil/WoL
i assume all is base 5* ?

i thought Lightning is the best physical damage dealer.

She still is pretty op, dont look at it that she is garbage now, or be very influentiated by other people, like some madmen saying that Emperor is top tier HAHAHAHA
pls dont be mad

Looking at the rankings if you dont have a insane luck or are ready to spend $800 or more, its unlikely to get a team of the top tier units, but you can get a team of pretty good top units.

In the damage section.... yeah we are fucked, because all are 5star base, but building a good bartz or chizuru or garland you could get a very good damage unit.

In the black mage section, ExDeath is in second place, everybody here should have an ExDeath, so it should be not a problem... Garbage Emperor is in third place
dont be mad

In healer section, both tilith and Refia are 4star base, so they are summonable, not impossible.

In support section, Marie and Ramza are 5star base, but Rain will be pretty good support unit, and to tell you the truth, if you get a Soleil (ranked 5 in the support section) you will be very very happy. She is an awesome dancer that does 1 turn Atk +60% dance, 1 turn MAG +60% dance, 1 turn DEF +60% dance, and everybody in JP was using here just a while ago.

In tank section Cecil and WoL everyone here have at least one of them.

So the problem here as you see are the physical units, they are the impossible ones to get, the rest you can build an OP squad without burn money, so dont be sad that most of the units are base 5star, you still can build a squad capable of face the harder trials.

Kouriozan

Talked about how the facebook rewards might have been fixed with the latest update and decided to try it and yay, it worked!

0BfUc4Hl.jpg

She still is pretty op, dont look at it that she is garbage now, or be very influentiated by other people, like some madmen saying that Emperor is top tier HAHAHAHA
pls dont be mad

In the black mage section, ExDeath is in second place, everybody here should have an ExDeath, so it should be not a problem... Garbage Emperor is in third place
dont be mad

PEASANT!!!!!

CCIE

Banned
Damn, I'm good... was not happy with the performance of Nox on my Mac, so I looked into alternatives. I downloaded Andy, which works like a CHARM on my Macbook Pro with absolutely no slowdown.

Then I used my knowledge of scripting and automation to use Automator to record my mouse clicks, pause a little bit to get the five minute delay total so no drain on energy, and then loop the sequence indefinitely.

WAY better than Nox, and it wasn't too hard to do... I'm such a geek! Now I have a script for TM I can run from time to time with zero hit to performance. Pretty proud of myself. My husband laughed when I showed him and said that is why they pay me the big bucks...

Pbae

Damn, I'm good... was not happy with the performance of Nox on my Mac, so I looked into alternatives. I downloaded Andy, which works like a CHARM on my Macbook Pro with absolutely no slowdown.

Then I used my knowledge of scripting and automation to use Automator to record my mouse clicks, pause a little bit to get the five minute delay total so no drain on energy, and then loop the sequence indefinitely.

WAY better than Nox, and it wasn't too hard to do... I'm such a geek! Now I have a script for TM I can run from time to time with zero hit to performance. Pretty proud of myself. My husband laughed when I showed him and said that is why they pay me the big bucks...

CCIE, do you have access to any idevice? Switch control works really well and no slow down with no need for additional apps. I have SC running and just let it do its thing and come back to a couple percentage up on TMs.

CCIE

Banned
Pbae - thanks for the information - I will look into it. I like that I can run this on my computer because of work and all, but I will definitely look into it, because sometimes I just have my iPhone. I have EVERYTHING Apple.

I have no ExDeath, life is unfair. Buff Kefka!

I was once like you.

Worry not, soon you shall enter the void.

Pbae - thanks for the information - I will look into it. I like that I can run this on my computer because of work and all, but I will definitely look into it, because sometimes I just have my iPhone. I have EVERYTHING Apple.

You'll have to tell me how you did all that CCIE, I want to set it up as well lol Apple Geek too!

Valonquar

Did a few pulls with free tickets hoping for a Miyuki again. Ended up with a 3* Kefka, and 2 Shadows for my troubles. It's really fitting Shadow's TM is throw....

Kouriozan

I think I read somewhere that featured units banners also increase the chances to get the worst characters, and thus some might want to do the regular rare summon. (Or it's just RNG being RNG)

CCIE

Banned
I thought about doing a YouTube video, but am unsure of what the legal implications are from doing so because of work, so here it is in brief. I use Automator for a lot of things at work, and am not sure why I didn't think of it before

Mac script for TM farming

Simple script
1. Download Andy for Mac OS X
2. Within Andy load FFBE as you would on an Android device - no APK necessary
3. Go through the install, and get everything running with the new application. Performance is FLAWLESS on my MacBook Pro
4. Now, like you do with Nox go to Earth Shrine exit but don't enter
5. Open Automator - new workflow
6. Add Get Specified Text action
7. Press Record - and click on Andy in the Dock
8. Run through the battle sequence and leave pauses between actions to account for network lag until back on the screen you started. Then hit stop.
9. This adds a Watch Me Do action to the script.
10. At this time, test it and see if if script works. If not, Delete sequence then record and test again
11. Once you like it, add a Pause action, and specify the time. I will modify mine slightly each time so it is harder for them to pick up I'm running a script.
12. Once again test
13. Add Loop action to the script and specify what you want. Times, hours, etc... Currently mine is running thirty times so it will stop and I can do some stuff on my phone to rank up. I'm near the Rank and don't want to do so on Android (Lapis)

I'm going to modify it tonight so when it hits 2AM, I don't have to worry about it stopping because everything on the server resets. Problem is going to be materials. Still, it's a start...

The important part is to click on Andy in the dock so that the window comes to the front for clicks. I do it in between every action while recording, so if I am doing something on my laptop it doesn't interrupt the script.

PLEASE don't post this on another site - strictly for GAFers.

Hope that helps just a little, Chilly

Lyrian

Thanks for the input But are you guys sure Rydia is bad at 5* she gets Meteor and Mag +20%?

She's not bad at all, as gets several -ga tier spells (same as Kefka) + Meteor (AoE version of Hyperdrive) + gains MAG + 20% (same as Kefka) + gains Osmose to replenish her MP (which Kefka can't do natively).

But, she also gains something potentially special, which the point of the experimentation I am working on at the moment. She gains Esper MAG +60% (10 + 20 +30) by her 5* form. The million gil question that I can't find an answer is how that actually works. Wiki searching simply states that it is an increase in esper damage. I'm rather suspicious that this answer is an oversimplification of the actual truth. I think that it actually is an augment of the esper's MAG stat, and as magical attack is exponential, well that's a really big number there. (Ex: Max MAG potential for Ramuh is 6035 MAG at 2* 40 with all magic tiles learned. 6035* 1.6 = 9656 MAG. If that's squared in a magic attack formula, like ATK is... well then....

The problem is that with all of those nice and big numbers, summoning occurs rather rarely for this to be useful.

But, wait, there's more!

Rydia's limit break increases the amount of summoning bar filled as her rarity increases. This is nice, but the real kicker is that her limit break levels up, she gain the unusual ability (at least for FFBE) that the amount of LB crystals needed to activate her limit break actualy decreases. So, theoretically, at max skill and at 5*, she can almost be self perpetuating. Throw Garnet into the mix, and the two of them (when skilled up to speed) should be able to keep the summoning bar maxed practically at all times.

In the long haul, as newer summons become more and more powerful compared to their predecessors, this can be exploited to even greater benefit.

I wonder if that's the reason why there has never been another summoner released in JP since Garnet.

But, then again, this is just the ramblings of a mad person :)

I'll let everyone know how this goes in the long run.

Zhadgon

So I did some pulls and get some nice new units.

My current team is:

Cloud of Darkness 5* Lv 69
Lasswell 5* Lv 80
Locke 5* Lv 77
Tellah 5* Lv 32
Fina 5* Lv 61

Other Units:

Kefka 3* Lv 1
Lenna 3* Lv 1
Rain 5* Lv 55
Duane 5* Lv 32

Which is the best combination of a team with my current units that I have?

By the way my Id. 122 944 657.

I have my Lasswell as my leader.

.n_n.

So I did some pulls and get some nice new units.

My current team is:

Cloud of Darkness 5* Lv 69
Lasswell 5* Lv 80
Locke 5* Lv 77
Tellah 5* Lv 32
Fina 5* Lv 61

Other Units:

Kefka 3* Lv 1
Lenna 3* Lv 1
Rain 5* Lv 55
Duane 5* Lv 32

Which is the best combination of a team with my current units that I have?

By the way my Id. 122 944 657.

I have my Lasswell as my leader.

.n_n.

Replace Laswell(maybe Locke) with Kefka. Replace Fina with Lenna.

RedZaraki

Banned
So FINALLY, FINALLY after MUCH head-bashing-into-wall against the Frost Dragon at the end of the colliseum, I took the beast down.

I must have tried 30 times with the team of: Rain, Lasswell, Kefka, Bartz, Fina.

I even had one run where I COULD have won but I had Kefka go OOM at the very end doing Hyperdrive, Drain, Auto when I could have won if I did Fira, Fira, FIra instead. (Fira from holding a Fire Rod). A big mistake.

I finally got my WOL to a respectible level, and swapped Lasswell out for him. WOW. What a difference Full Break makes. Suddenly Bartz was WRECKING that kid. And the WOL stood in and soaked several attacks for other people. Laughing the measly damage off. That's what happens when you have 3600 HP and over 250 DEF.

Lasswell, all things considered, is pretty useless in that fight. All I could do with him is Mental Break, Silence Blade, and maybe cast Mirage and hope the images would soak some autos.

No. Literally the first attempt with WOL in my party we breezed to the end. Not a death on the team, and with Rain, WOL, and Fina with Cura we were never in that much danger either. I think we were all near full HP and won around turn 7 or 8.

Damn.

And I think I still have room to grow, because Lenna in development is better than Fina, and I think Golbez (for this fight at least) would be more useful than Rain.

Anyway, I FINALLY have some freedom. I want to bake some more Hero Rings, develop some more level 80 characters, and get Golem to 2 stars (I didn't even have that yet!).

Zhadgon

Replace Laswell(maybe Locke) with Kefka. Replace Fina with Lenna.

Yeah I will start working with Kefka and Lenna as soon as I finish Locke and probably Fina.

By the way I am in S-5 Boss Beginner and is kicking my ... the same with the Black Chimera any suggestions?

.n_n.

Valentus

She's not bad at all, as gets several -ga tier spells (same as Kefka) + Meteor (AoE version of Hyperdrive) + gains MAG + 20% (same as Kefka) + gains Osmose to replenish her MP (which Kefka can't do natively).

But, she also gains something potentially special, which the point of the experimentation I am working on at the moment. She gains Esper MAG +60% (10 + 20 +30) by her 5* form. The million gil question that I can't find an answer is how that actually works. Wiki searching simply states that it is an increase in esper damage. I'm rather suspicious that this answer is an oversimplification of the actual truth. I think that it actually is an augment of the esper's MAG stat, and as magical attack is exponential, well that's a really big number there. (Ex: Max MAG potential for Ramuh is 6035 MAG at 2* 40 with all magic tiles learned. 6035* 1.6 = 9656 MAG. If that's squared in a magic attack formula, like ATK is... well then....

The problem is that with all of those nice and big numbers, summoning occurs rather rarely for this to be useful.

But, wait, there's more!

Rydia's limit break increases the amount of summoning bar filled as her rarity increases. This is nice, but the real kicker is that her limit break levels up, she gain the unusual ability (at least for FFBE) that the amount of LB crystals needed to activate her limit break actualy decreases. So, theoretically, at max skill and at 5*, she can almost be self perpetuating. Throw Garnet into the mix, and the two of them (when skilled up to speed) should be able to keep the summoning bar maxed practically at all times.

In the long haul, as newer summons become more and more powerful compared to their predecessors, this can be exploited to even greater benefit.

I wonder if that's the reason why there has never been another summoner released in JP since Garnet.

But, then again, this is just the ramblings of a mad person :)

I'll let everyone know how this goes in the long run.

thats actually a nice comparison, but the thing is that summoning isnt that powerfull that spamming doublecast/W-Magic - Meteor

And yes, Rydia are actually the same of kefka, but Rydia has 105 MAG innate, and Kefka has 119 MAG innate, so kefka is a more powerful damage dealer, but Rydia has meteor innate, and i can use that free materia slot to equip dualcast and 3 mag +30% (with kefka i need to equip meteor/ultima, dualcast and 2 mag+30%), so in the end, Rydia is the better mage

If kefka gets a 6star upgrade, time will tell how good he will be.

dont mind about summon magic, its not better than spam dual magic.

Kouriozan

G-g-g-guys, I'm literally shacking right now.
Had 2 tickets so I decided to YOLO them and...

uyCPjFPl.jpg

Wait, it's evolving...!

2kBF552l.jpg

Maybe...maybe...!!!

QNgEcjkl.jpg

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry for the salt this post will generate since I got another Chizuru yesterday

Valentus

Guys, you will make CCIE commit suicide at this point... that or throw her phone to the wall xD

good pull, congrats, but karma is a bitch, so prepare those 80 pulls for light/orlandu/luneth xD

Yogg

G-g-g-guys, I'm literally shacking right now.
Had 2 tickets so I decided to YOLO them and...

Wait, it's evolving...!

Maybe...maybe...!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry for the salt this post will generate since I got another Chizuru yesterday

Félicitations ! My YOLO pulls with the daily tickets landed me nothing, but that's a great outcome :D

Just freed up some space for gaffers and made her my friend unit.

We're already friends it seems ! I curated my list as well and I have 8 slots free: 644.865.575 - max CoD with Rising Sun

Lyrian

thats actually a nice comparison, but the thing is that summoning isnt that powerfull that spamming doublecast/W-Magic - Meteor

And yes, Rydia are actually the same of kefka, but Rydia has 105 MAG innate, and Kefka has 119 MAG innate, so kefka is a more powerful damage dealer, but Rydia has meteor innate, and i can use that free materia slot to equip dualcast and 3 mag +30% (with kefka i need to equip meteor/ultima, dualcast and 2 mag+30%), so in the end, Rydia is the better mage

If kefka gets a 6star upgrade, time will tell how good he will be.

dont mind about summon magic, its not better than spam dual magic.

Good counter. I have no doubt that there will better sources of damage in the long-term. Such is the nature of power creep. The benefit that I see here is that summoning, while situational and potentially less damaging than dualcasting top-tier spells, does not cost any MP at all (dualcast meteor is 100 MP/turn). If I can tweak it to be anywhere in the remote ballpark of meteor, then that would be a pretty darn good complement for a free action every few turns.

CCIE

Banned
Can one of you guys come over here and pull for me???? ... sniff. Maybe I will do a YOLO pull down the line. I need Penelo in my life
Yogg - sent you a friend request (Megan)

... YOLO pull. 3* Exdeath to go with my 5* Kefka, 5* Golbez, 5* WoL/Cecil, 5* Terra and 4* Lenna and Tellah. Need to max him and start farming TMs. This game does NOT want me to have a non-magic party, ever.

Yogg

So, now that it's working, what's a good way to get those 50 FB invites rewards ? None of my actual FB friends will play this. Are there groups for that, and how does it actually work ? Befriend someone on FB, send invite in FFBE, and... ?

edit: and do those friends count towards the max friends limit ?

Rixa

Cause everyone, me too. I yoloed my 5th Shantotto :D. Good thing is that I still can feed it to someone. Bad thing is that it really doesnt make any difference :p
I guess it saves me some runs in ES, waiting last Shantotto to be 95% then to fuse it. Surprisingly Iam not going to TM 5th MAG 30% ability...

Kouriozan

Thanks! So what do I do there? Hit the member list, and add people in there? How does that translate ingame? Sorry for the silly questions.
You can do that or join the group and other people will add you.
Once you have some friends on facebook, they'll appear in game.

I thought about doing a YouTube video, but am unsure of what the legal implications are from doing so because of work, so here it is in brief. I use Automator for a lot of things at work, and am not sure why I didn't think of it before

Mac script for TM farming

Simple script
1. Download Andy for Mac OS X
2. Within Andy load FFBE as you would on an Android device - no APK necessary
3. Go through the install, and get everything running with the new application. Performance is FLAWLESS on my MacBook Pro
4. Now, like you do with Nox go to Earth Shrine exit but don't enter
5. Open Automator - new workflow
6. Add Get Specified Text action
7. Press Record - and click on Andy in the Dock
8. Run through the battle sequence and leave pauses between actions to account for network lag until back on the screen you started. Then hit stop.
9. This adds a Watch Me Do action to the script.
10. At this time, test it and see if if script works. If not, Delete sequence then record and test again
11. Once you like it, add a Pause action, and specify the time. I will modify mine slightly each time so it is harder for them to pick up I'm running a script.
12. Once again test
13. Add Loop action to the script and specify what you want. Times, hours, etc... Currently mine is running thirty times so it will stop and I can do some stuff on my phone to rank up. I'm near the Rank and don't want to do so on Android (Lapis)

I'm going to modify it tonight so when it hits 2AM, I don't have to worry about it stopping because everything on the server resets. Problem is going to be materials. Still, it's a start...

The important part is to click on Andy in the dock so that the window comes to the front for clicks. I do it in between every action while recording, so if I am doing something on my laptop it doesn't interrupt the script.

PLEASE don't post this on another site - strictly for GAFers.

Hope that helps just a little, Chilly

How do I add a loop?

Neekaw

YOLO'd my last 2 tickets today, and got my 8th Lenna.....and WoL finally!!

Hell yeah i'm so glad!

I never managed to pull Vaan, so at last i get a full breaker.

My team is going to be WoL, CoD, Bartz, Kefka and Lenna.

Yolo pulled a Cecil. So I have a tank...

From main team of

CoD (5* level 50-something)
Chizuru (5* max level)
Bartz (5* max level)
Kefka (5* lvl 72)
Lenna (4* level 50-something)

Who should I swap out? My thoughts were to Keep lenna on the power leveling team, but swap her with Cecil on the main team.

Eidjinn

Yolo pulled a Cecil. So I have a tank...

From main team of

CoD (5* level 50-something)
Chizuru (5* max level)
Bartz (5* max level)
Kefka (5* lvl 72)
Lenna (4* level 50-something)

Who should I swap out? My thoughts were to Keep lenna on the power leveling team, but swap her with Cecil on the main team.

For current content... probably Bartz or Lenna, depending of what annoys you most: getting poisoned (than keep Lenna), or finishing things really quickly (keep Bartz!).

Strangely enough, up to now, I almost never used Lenna or Cecil due to the fact that with Kefka and Vaan, things are going smooth. As for the future... who knows! Maybe having Cecil instead of Lenna will be enough, while in other bosses, there might be a need for two healers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom