• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azuran

Banned
G-g-g-guys, I'm literally shacking right now.
Had 2 tickets so I decided to YOLO them and...

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry for the salt this post will generate since I got another Chizuru yesterday

Congrats on blowing away all your accumulated Lightning luck. Enjoy nothing but Bediles and Anzelm for the next few months.

What the heck? Lightning isn't even top 5 physical damage anymore? Don't see how that's possible when she has built in dual wield, 10x attack, and can exploit all the major elemental weaknesses... Can't read Japanese so wasn't able to delve into what makes the others so great. I guess we can take heart if we don't get Lightning ;p Go for Orlandu! Whenever the heck Tactics comes here.

It feels so weird not doing Void runs haha Burned all my FP to make gil and awaken as much as I could towards the trophy. That might be my best best for getting the hero ring recipe I don't know. I decided to start farming in advance of that and have enough fire megacrysts to make two rings and need just 6 more of the Ice to do so. Going to farm the last 6 or maybe get some extras (wtf with having to cough up 3 Ice Megacrysts for a side quest???) and need one for barablizarra too. Probably don't need that spell for Frost but sparing one isn't so bad. Sparing three for a side quest that gets you a star quartz...that feels like a waste. Might be sitting on that for a long time. Once I grab these last ice megas, will finally farm phantom to level up Espers. At least I'm getting some of the stuff to level them from doing Westersand and Wolfsgang. Doing these runs has me actually using Limit Breaks and Esper summons since the enemies are so weak so working on those too.

I wish I could pull a Cecil or WoL, it sure loves giving me Tellah's and Lenna's.

Sure would like an Exdeath or a Kefka too.......Golbez is starting to show his age for me.

pretty sure 5 star crystals dosn't exist, all these pics must be photoshop

I got lucky with that Cloud of Darkness early on at least.

Kouriozan

No crash so far and auto is working correctly, iPad and iOS 9.3.3.
Before the update I grinded Ifrit 2* and had a lot of crash though, didn't test since the update.

Is the game crashing a decent amount for anyone else? Ever since the update on iOS.

Yeah it's been real bad since the update. Rarely ever happened to me before that. Last night I had instances in explore mode where I couldn't get past a battle and then I finally for the hell of it tried a different sequence of attacks and it didn't crash...so weird. This is on my phone, don't think I had the issue on my iPad, will test more with that later.

chrono01

G-g-g-guys, I'm literally shacking right now.
Had 2 tickets so I decided to YOLO them and...

Wait, it's evolving...!

Maybe...maybe...!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry for the salt this post will generate since I got another Chizuru yesterday
Congrats!

... YOLO pull. 3* Exdeath to go with my 5* Kefka, 5* Golbez, 5* WoL/Cecil, 5* Terra and 4* Lenna and Tellah. Need to max him and start farming TMs. This game does NOT want me to have a non-magic party, ever.
Congrats you too!

..Can I have your Lenna? :(

Cause everyone, me too. I yoloed my 5th Shantotto :D. Good thing is that I still can feed it to someone. Bad thing is that it really doesnt make any difference :p

I guess it saves me some runs in ES, waiting last Shantotto to be 95% then to fuse it. Surprisingly Iam not going to TM 5th MAG 30% ability...
Oh man, you're so close. SO CLOSE!
Keep it up!

Yolo pulled a Cecil. So I have a tank...

From main team of

CoD (5* level 50-something)
Chizuru (5* max level)
Bartz (5* max level)
Kefka (5* lvl 72)
Lenna (4* level 50-something)

Who should I swap out? My thoughts were to Keep lenna on the power leveling team, but swap her with Cecil on the main team.
Insane team, congrats.

Damn this game has been handing out the lapis lately.
It's a sign of things to come. Rates will suffer, despair will be had by all.

Rixa

Ok, decided to make few fp summons and sold those units. Well I didnt lock that Shantotto and now its yolo sold too. I guess its time to go to sleep. This is why you lock your main units. No big harm done here :)

Lyrian

What the heck? Lightning isn't even top 5 physical damage anymore? Don't see how that's possible when she has built in dual wield, 10x attack, and can exploit all the major elemental weaknesses... Can't read Japanese so wasn't able to delve into what makes the others so great. I guess we can take heart if we don't get Lightning ;p Go for Orlandu! Whenever the heck Tactics comes here.

Such is the fate of all units, no matter how rare they are. Can't let players settle on one jackpot card when there are newer and shinier jackpot cards to be had.

Someone can correct me on this, but I think the issue with Lightning is similar to the discussion I was having with Valentus earlier on this page. Lightning is indeed powerful, but newer cards can do what she does with fewer clicks/taps/turns. Why bother wasting a turn debuffing a monster to setup a powerful move, when a superior card has the needed debuff already built into the move itself? (At least, that's my perception of people are gauging the power levels of top tier cards in this game.)

Valentus

Top 5 right now: 1.- Orlandu 2.- Tidus 3.- Eileen 4.- Vargas 5.- Gilgamesh

Lets compare them with lightning (Lightning has dual weild innate. NONE of the current top 5 has dual weild innate, so you need zidane's or Gilgamesh's TM or a Weapon that gives you dual weild)

Orlandu:

+30% ATK
+40% ATK when Great Sword Equip
Stasis Sword (210% attack / 3 turn stop)
Lightning stab (230% attack / 3 turn Silence)
Holy explosion (200% attack / 50% ignore def / -50% light resist)

(equip orlandu a excalibur, dual weild, blade mastery and a sakurafubiki and watch your enemies implode with holy explosion)

Tidus:

ATK +30%
ATK +20% and +50% Damage to Beasts/Birds/Demons
140% Single Target Attack and +40% ATK/DEF/MAG/RES to Party
200% Single Target Attack and 5 turn 50% ignore def and add water element to attacks
400% Single Target Attack

(same thing to orlandu, dual weild plus blade mastery and BOOM)

Eileen:

ATK +30%
ATK +30% and +50% Damage to Machines/Stone
Piledriver (200% Single target and 5 turn 50% def ignore and -50% earth resist)

(thats the only one i am not sure about being better than lightning)

Vargas:

ATK +20%
ATK +50% when greatsword is equip
160% single target attack and 3 turn +60% ATK to party (that's gamechanger)
Auto revive with 1 HP for 3 turns
200% Single target Attack
180% Single Taget Attack with 50% def ignore

(first turn vargas attacks with 60% attack buff... next orlandu and tidus attacks...)

Gilgamesh:

ATK +20%
ATK+40% with katana equiped / ATK+30% with sword equiped / ATK+20% with Greatsword Equiped
Jump / High Jump
100% Single target attack (attack 3 times 100%)
200% AoE Physical Wind Element Attack
180% AoE Attack with 50% Def Ignore

(the same sequence of vargas, and then a gilgamesh with dual weild, an excalibur/sakurafubiki equiped and blade mastery materia equiped Jumps o_O)

And now lets look at Lightning:

ATK +30%
190% AoE Physical Attack of each element (except light and dark)
270% Single target Attack and 3 turn -20% thunder resist

I mean, lightning is great, but 4 of the 5 units mentioned above just obliterated her and luneth with the right equip (and lightning and Luneth with the same OP equip are in disadvantage compared with Orlandu / Tidus / Vargas / Gilgamesh)

Such is the fate of all units, no matter how rare they are. Can't let players settle on one jackpot card when there are newer and shinier jackpot cards to be had.

Someone can correct me on this, but I think the issue with Lightning is similar to the discussion I was having with Valentus earlier on this page. Lightning is indeed powerful, but newer cards can do what she does with fewer clicks/taps/turns. Why bother wasting a turn debuffing a monster to setup a powerful move, when a superior card has the needed debuff already built into the move itself? (At least, that's my perception of people are gauging the power levels of top tier cards in this game.)

Yeah I expect there to always be better stuff coming out, that's why I'm being patient with Squall, he'll be a monster :D I'm just surprised she's already ousted out of the top 5 for physical damage...My problem is I can't read all the info on these units so I'm not sure what's making then stronger. Built in Debuff to attack is nice, do they have dual wield also? It's probably too much to ask one of you guys what all of them bring to the table (the 5 ranked at the top) but what makes Orlandu the best?

Also, I'm assuming Tactics is far enough down the road that we can blow our load trying to get Lightning and then stock back up on lapis in plenty of time for Tactics, right?

Edit: Valentus, you rock!

Slaythe

Except this isn't a typical "game".

It's entirely relying on fandom of existing games.

They can't keep trashing heroes for the sake of their gatcha philosophy of they are gonna alienate players.

Many people are gonna keep somewhat less powerful units for the sake of playing their favorite characters. So they need to be competent even if not absolute top tier. That's most likely where the 6 stars updates came from to begin with.

They are walking on thin ice.

scarlet

Damn, I'm good... was not happy with the performance of Nox on my Mac, so I looked into alternatives. I downloaded Andy, which works like a CHARM on my Macbook Pro with absolutely no slowdown.

Then I used my knowledge of scripting and automation to use Automator to record my mouse clicks, pause a little bit to get the five minute delay total so no drain on energy, and then loop the sequence indefinitely.

WAY better than Nox, and it wasn't too hard to do... I'm such a geek! Now I have a script for TM I can run from time to time with zero hit to performance. Pretty proud of myself. My husband laughed when I showed him and said that is why they pay me the big bucks...

There's Nox for mac? I thought it was PC only

My problem is I don't have a Zidane to learn dual wield so Lightning having that built in is huge. I imagine if I have Lightning or any of those other guys, I'll be set at physical attacker (the one thing I need). I guess I'll just be doing a cycle of hoard and blow the wad on banners with top tier physical attackers only with the exception of Dark Fina and I guess that new healer. I just hope there's decent consolation prizes with these units so when we whiff, we get something good. I had Lenna as the fallback with the current banner going for WoL, hopefully that will apply with the others.

They can't keep trashing heroes for the sake of their gatcha philosophy of they are gonna alienate players.

Many people are gonna keep somewhat less powerful units for the sake of playing their favorite characters. So they need to be competent even if not absolute top tier. That's most likely where the 6 stars updates came from to begin with.

This is actually a very good point. It's of course ok to have some units clearly the best, but all the main protagonist and antagonists from the major entries need to be viable at their max level. Many people will absolutely use their favorite units over top tier ones.

Irnbru

Got a Leo with my yolo pull today, not wol or Cecil but I'll do pig, it'll do... As I'll probably keep him forever lol.

Also...
Xsy6EqD.jpg

I did it lmao

So that makes my new team: Vann, Leo, Chizu, Lenne, and Exdeath. Not bad.

Valentus

Yeah I expect there to always be better stuff coming out, that's why I'm being patient with Squall, he'll be a monster :D I'm just surprised she's already ousted out of the top 5 for physical damage...My problem is I can't read all the info on these units so I'm not sure what's making then stronger. Built in Debuff to attack is nice, do they have dual wield also? It's probably too much to ask one of you guys what all of them bring to the table (the 5 ranked at the top) but what makes Orlandu the best?

Also, I'm assuming Tactics is far enough down the road that we can blow our load trying to get Lightning and then stock back up on lapis in plenty of time for Tactics, right?

Edit: Valentus, you rock!

that's the point when we all say "summon smart", if the datamine says there will be a 24hour rate up for zidane, why summon for useless crap now? If you are not going to whale, then summon smart. Thats the only way to get powercreep and not burn money.

Valus

Beat S-5 Frost Dragon with my new team! Feels good.

I think I'll do a few pulls on the Lightning banner to try and get the dual cast TM and then save everything for Ramza.

Lyrian

Well... yes, but what exactly is the definition of "trashing heroes" here? Not top 5 in JP? No one is arguing that top tier characters are garbage in any way (unless the argument is not top 5 = garbage, but that's a personal preference).

That said, gacha games by design have to keep the power creep train chugging to keep the money flowing into the game. As with most gachas, top tier cards that become outdated will eventually receive buffs to compensate. But to expect a unit to be top-tier forever just because it is a rainbow crystal base is wishful thinking. A 6* will never be allowed to be as bad as a Shadow or a Bedile.

that's the point when we all say "summon smart", if the datamine says there will be a 24hour rate up for zidane, why summon for useless crap now? If you are not going to whale, then summon smart. Thats the only way to get powercreep and not burn money.

Well summon smart is easy to apply for deciding which banners to pull. The battle is getting yourself to stop when you keep whiffing. Personally, I refuse to spend money on a game like this so I can easily stop though maybe Squall would break me...maybe. Well, by easy I mean I can get myself to do it but I of course still feel the temptation haha FFIX banner is easy to skip, Lightning I go for if there's another good unit with her. After that, no idea when stuff will hit global. Might be sitting on lapis for a long ass time.

CCIE

Banned
Scripting question answers - been away all day. First, there is an action called Loop - add that to the end of the script... I've had it running on and off all day while spending time with family. I actually added a time in my script to sell off materials every few hours so it has kept running...

Two, there is no Nox for Mac. Had a W10 VM, and Nox running inside of that. Therefore performance was crap. Seriously, Andy runs like a damned dream on my laptop - possibly better than my phone.

Did a YOLO pull - wasn't worth it. Collection of useless characters is now complete. Might do one more on the last day of the banner, but we'll see. Haven't had much luck with them so far. Might just save them all for the FFXIII banner, or FFT, or FFIV.

CCIE

Banned
Chilly, I don't talk about any base 5* units. Too painful to contemplate the odds. Seriously, I have to be smart with my pulls if I don't want to spend anymore. Regret my YOLO pull today - will do one more on the last day of the banner, but yeah. Moving forward with Vaan the makeshift tank

Chilly, I don't talk about any base 5* units. Too painful to contemplate the odds. Seriously, I have to be smart with my pulls if I don't want to spend anymore. Regret my YOLO pull today - will do one more on the last day of the banner, but yeah. Moving forward with Vaan the makeshift tank

Gamebreaker Full Break FTW

Lyrian

Yeesh.... stay away from Reddit tonight, it is completely toxic.

At least here there is decent discussion on what will happen in the future based upon the datamined banners. Over on Reddit, proclamations are being pronounced over what banners to pull on and who is "garbage" (including one 5* base already) because of future JP content 6+ months from now.

I just had to step way from the laptop, take some aspirin, and go for a walk to recollect myself. I almost feel bad for everyone there is who is already being conditioned to save up and pull for only specific rainbow units (almost surely in failure).

Oh... and it's still the Lightning show over there by a wide margin, with a consolation prize to the 24 hour Zidane banner, should it happen.

At least here there is decent discussion on what will happen in the future based upon the datamined banners. Over on Reddit, proclamations are being pronounced over what banners to pull on and who is "garbage" (including one 5* base already) because of future JP content 6+ months from now.

I just had to step way from the laptop, take some aspirin, and go for a walk to recollect myself. I almost feel bad for everyone there is who is already being conditioned to save up and pull for only specific rainbow units (almost surely in failure).

Oh... and it's still the Lightning show over there by a wide margin, with a consolation prize to the 24 hour Zidane banner, should it happen.

I said this before about Ex-Death and I'll say it about The Emperor; I want what I want lol

The power creep fever going on over there is absolutely maddening, how stressed out are these people? When I finally pulled Ex-Death I pulled him at 5* and it only took around 2 months of pulling.

The Emperor? Who the hell knows how long it'll take and clearly there are better magic units that will be out when he's released. But he's what I want.

Will I go as insane as I did for Ex-Death? Probably more. But it isn't about OKMFGBBQ GOTTA HAVE ALL THE LEET UNITS.

Kouriozan

That's a bit why I'm more excited to get some Zidane and feed them moogles, top units will always change but they surely won't all have native dual wield.
One Ludmille would be nice too, for dual cast.

I'm definitely going to burn through my pulls at a reasonable rate. As a F2Per, I can't really spend a shitload, but I'm planning to use 10 to 15 pulls for each banner with top tier units. We'll see if that's possible.

Elfstruck

I wish I could pull a Cecil or WoL, it sure loves giving me Tellah's and Lenna's.

Sure would like an Exdeath or a Kefka too.......Golbez is starting to show his age for me.

pretty sure 5 star crystals dosn't exist, all these pics must be photoshop

I got lucky with that Cloud of Darkness early on at least.

5 star crystals do exist, that's how I got 5* Exdeath and 5* Firion. =/

Lyrian

But he's what I want.

Will I go as insane as I did for Ex-Death? Probably more. But it isn't about OKMFGBBQ GOTTA HAVE ALL THE LEET UNITS.

Exactly.

I'll play who I want, and you'll play who you want, and so will everyone else (well, at least whatever units we all end up pulling in our boxes).

I feel bad for saying this, but I don't envy the people chasing the rainbow. At least they are subsidizing the game for the rest of us and paying the server bills to keep the lights on. Still, it feels bad to acknowledge such reckless behavior that the game clearly preys upon.

CCIE

Banned
Truth be told my OMG I need this unit characters are Ramza, Delita, Orlandu, and Agrias. See a pattern - FFT is the bomb! My chances of getting any of the above? Not too good. So I target more likely units, and work with what I have. I love the premium units - just hope a few whales are on my list so I can at least see them

And Chilly, one day you will get the Emperor.

Valentus

reading that topic on reddit, i find curious that Lenna has a 6star sprite

i0mJfCV.png

Maybe future updates? i hope so.

My thoughts of future banners:

-its your money lol, the main point of the game is having fun, if you have fun getting the unit of your favorite character, go for it man/gal!

-Now, if you want to listen to some advice...

1.- Get AT LEAST 3 Ludmilles. Dualcast IS A MUST, and is not so hard to get.
2.- If zidane banner appears, get AT LEAST 3 zidanes, so everybody should get at least one dual weild, or more, depending of your patience.
3.- Reddit is right: Ignore the brave frontier banner. Tilith, Seria and Karl are useless crap right now. Tilith are OP in 6star and Vargas will appear in 6 months in global.
4.- Actually, aside of Lightning, all the base 5star units we are going to get now are very equal, so if you are going to bet all for one, and get one or other, be very happy and dont feel dissapointed.
5.- Dont feel in disadvantage if you dont get a base 5star, if you have chizuru, bartz, CoD or ExDeath, you still have chances of having a great team.

Exactly.

I'll play who I want, and you'll play who you want, and so will everyone else (well, at least whatever units we all end up pulling in our boxes).

I feel bad for saying this, but I don't envy the people chasing the rainbow. At least they are subsidizing the game for the rest of us and paying the server bills to keep the lights on. Still, it feels bad to acknowledge such reckless behavior that the game clearly preys upon.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Truth be told my OMG I need this unit characters are Ramza, Delita, Orlandu, and Agrias. See a pattern - FFT is the bomb! My chances of getting any of the above? Not too good. So I target more likely units, and work with what I have. I love the premium units - just hope a few whales are on my list so I can at least see them

And Chilly, one day you will get the Emperor.

Yeah I hear you lol Love me some FFT too, goes way back!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
If people want to spend money, they want to spend money. Otherwise, games like this wouldn't exist. For all the jokes on whales, they are the reason why I'm able to play for free without spending a cent.

If they don't want to listen to better advice, they don't want to listen to better advice. When a person is targeting one character in a RNG game and they get frustrated, that's on them.

My advice hasn't changed.
-It doesn't hurt to wait. Every unit from now on is going to be better than the previous ones. You don't need to rush for the flavor of the month. It's better to hold off for a bit and do some pulling every now and then.
-Pay attention to the leaks so you don't get burned.
-Don't pull unless you have a deal. If they are getting you to do a single pull for 500, they won.

NomarTyme

reading that topic on reddit, i find curious that Lenna has a 6star sprite

i0mJfCV.png

Maybe future updates? i hope so.

My thoughts of future banners:

-its your money lol, the main point of the game is having fun, if you have fun getting the unit of your favorite character, go for it man/gal!

-Now, if you want to listen to some advice...

1.- Get AT LEAST 3 Ludmilles. Dualcast IS A MUST, and is not so hard to get.
2.- If zidane banner appears, get AT LEAST 3 zidanes, so everybody should get at least one dual weild, or more, depending of your patience.
3.- Reddit is right: Ignore the brave frontier banner. Tilith, Seria and Karl are useless crap right now. Tilith are OP in 6star and Vargas will appear in 6 months in global.
4.- Actually, aside of Lightning, all the base 5star units we are going to get now are very equal, so if you are going to bet all for one, and get one or other, be very happy and dont feel dissapointed.
5.- Dont feel in disadvantage if you dont get a base 5star, if you have chizuru, bartz, CoD or ExDeath, you still have chances of having a great team.
Damn you're dropping knowledge on us today.

Valentus

So, like i did a little overview of the top 5 damage dealer units, i feel like i can do a little overview of what to expect of the FFT batch (the most wanted here it looks like) and how take advantage of the units better of my point of view:

Take note that is my madman point of view and i use all the spectrum of TM and equip available per use in the long run. Its not impossible that in the future you get some piece of materia or equip i suggest here.

I only will mention the most notable skills of each units

RAMZA (5-6 star) :

Cura
Ultima
+40% All Stats to party song (Ramza dont do nothing for 3 turns as long as he sings)
Cheer
MAG+30%
ATK+20%

Opinion: Ramza is a nice support unit. But he can be your main magic damage unit. How? He in 6star has 122 innate MAG (very low compared with ExDeath's 145 MAG) but ramza has an advange... He can equip musical instruments, so he can equip Gilbert's Dream Harp (MAG+41) so, equip one of it, one dualcast, and 3 MAG+30% and you will have a nice support and spam 2 powerful ultimas per turn.

DELITA (5-6 star) :

CRIT +40%
ATK+20%
Headbreak (180% Single Target and 40% SPR down)
Crush Punch (160% Single Taget / Ignore 40% Def)
Barrage
Meditate (+45% MAG/SPR to party for 5 turns)
Crush Armor (190% Single Target / -40% DEF/SPR) (Skill only via exclusive materia)

Opinion: Delita is a companion for Mages. Its not a pure damage dealer but if you have good black mages, his skills are good for weakening the enemy for your black magic do more damage. Ironically (because fuck FF Tactics lore LOL) Delita with my Ramza Build will be a perfect match.

AGRIAS (4-5 star) :

Protectga
Cura
Full Break
Split Punch (3x100% Attacks / 30% confuse)

Opinion: Doesnt have any atk bonus, so it doesnt hit harder than Vaan, and only hits a bit harder than Warrior of Light (the other 2 units with full break). Split Punch is a nice skill, and protecga maker her a competent hybrid if you dont have Vaan or WoL. Its not worse than Vaan or WoL, but its not better neither.

GAFGARION (4-5 star) :

Graviga
ATK+20%
Weapon Bash (160% Single Target / 50% Paralyze)
Darkness
Evil Debt (250% AoE. Lose 40% of your Max HP)

Opinion: Horrible 4 star. Evil Debt could be of some use but 40% of your MAX HP (not even your current HP) is a mayor drawback. Feel pity of yourself if you get this unit of a yellow crystal.

ALMA (3-5 star) :

Cura
Curaja
Esuna
Ultima
MAG+10%

Opinion: Ultima is just anecdotal, it doesnt have much use unless you need extra damage... Alma is a very vanilla healer. At lvl 80 she has 142 MP max, so you need some MP+30% materia if you want to use her as your healer. If you have Lenna or Garnet (in that point of the game) avoid alma.

MUSTADIO (3-5 star) :

Aim: Leg (130% Single target / -30% DEF/SPR)
Aim: Arm (130% Single target / -30% ATK/MAG)
ATK+10%
Burst Shot (100% Critical Single Target)
Multiburst (100% Critical AoE)
Rapid Fire (100% 1-6 random hits single target)

Opinion: Vanilla shooter, nothing special. His TM is a very good gun.

As you can see, the Tactics banner could be very hyped but dont expect the units will be gamechanger. The only gem of the crown is Orlandu and is in the second part of the batch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom