• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
reading that topic on reddit, i find curious that Lenna has a 6star sprite

i0mJfCV.png

Maybe future updates? i hope so.

My thoughts of future banners:

-its your money lol, the main point of the game is having fun, if you have fun getting the unit of your favorite character, go for it man/gal!

-Now, if you want to listen to some advice...

1.- Get AT LEAST 3 Ludmilles. Dualcast IS A MUST, and is not so hard to get.
2.- If zidane banner appears, get AT LEAST 3 zidanes, so everybody should get at least one dual weild, or more, depending of your patience.
3.- Reddit is right: Ignore the brave frontier banner. Tilith, Seria and Karl are useless crap right now. Tilith are OP in 6star and Vargas will appear in 6 months in global.
4.- Actually, aside of Lightning, all the base 5star units we are going to get now are very equal, so if you are going to bet all for one, and get one or other, be very happy and dont feel dissapointed.
5.- Dont feel in disadvantage if you dont get a base 5star, if you have chizuru, bartz, CoD or ExDeath, you still have chances of having a great team.
So when you say Dualcast is a must, you're telling me that sooner or later I'm going to be forced to TM grind to progress?

Valentus

So when you say Dualcast is a must, you're telling me that sooner or later I'm going to be forced to TM grind to progress?

to progress through the story? no.

To pass the harder trials? maybe, maybe not. You can see youtube videos that people use white mages without dualcast, so its not totally mandatory, but it will make your life much much easy if your healer has dualcast.

to progress through the story? no.

To pass the harder trials? maybe, maybe not. You can see youtube videos that people use white mages without dualcast, so its not totally mandatory, but it will make your life much much easy if your healer has dualcast.
Never much liked making my life easier. Lol

Valentus

You know what easier than trying to make life easier?

Spend 100-500 lapis to defeat trial boss.

Unless a team is so underpowered,1-3 times of ressurevtion should be enough

Trial 7: Dark Ifrit / Dark Siren

Reward for complete without Die: +50% ATK with Greatsword Materia

Trial 6: Gilgamesh

Reward for complete with a party of less than 6 members: +30% ATK materia (i dont know how much lapis you will need to resurrect under that basis)

Just sayin'

Eidjinn

Valentus, why Cod is so high in any tier list, if her stats are not that great?

Also, I went to the Reddit... well... I thought it was a good discussion. Basically, Lightning is almost impossible to get, whereas the FF III banner with Refia and Laxus would give you a better oportunity to get good units.

On thing that I'm still confused is the fact that people say "get 3 Ludmillas" or "get 3 Zidanes". I get the dual wileld double cast thing, but are they really necessary??

Valentus

Valentus, why Cod is so high in any tier list, if her stats are not that great?

Also, I went to the Reddit... well... I thought it was a good discussion. Basically, Lightning is almost impossible to get, whereas the FF III banner with Refia and Laxus would give you a better oportunity to get good units.

On thing that I'm still confused is the fact that people say "get 3 Ludmillas" or "get 3 Zidanes". I get the dual wileld double cast thing, but are they really necessary??

none of the TMs are mandatory to get through the game. Trust Mastery is a luxury, not a requeriment to beat the game, but like i said, it makes your life more easier.

If your party recieves a very nasty attack, it will be better cast double curaja and replenish in the same turn (with dualcast) than cast only 1 curaja and just mid-replenish them. Or if a party member dies, double cast Revive and Curaga in the revived character in the same turn. Things like that that makes your strategy more solid.

Same thing with dual weild for more damage in the same turn. With dual weild if you cast barrage, your unit will hit 8 times instead of 4.

To your question, Cloud of Darkness in 6 star will get a innate ATK of 149, very high value.

She learns Human Killer+ (+75% damage to humans and if you add to Human Killer, that goes to 125% total extra damage to humans), Protectga, +30% ATK (plus 20% ATK before, total +50% ATK), AoE Esuna (cure all status except zombie to party) and a Attack that does 210% damage single target with 25% def ignore.

Cloud of Darkness is a good damage dealer, but to humanoid enemies she hits like a truck.

Valentus, what do you mean that we need to ignore Tilith bit she'll be OP in 6 months... doesn't that mean we should try and grab her now so we have her when she gets her 6*?

Eidjinn

none of the TMs are mandatory to get through the game. Trust Mastery is a luxury, not a requeriment to beat the game, but like i said, it makes your life more easier.

If your party recieves a very nasty attack, it will be better cast double curaja and replenish in the same turn (with dualcast) than cast only 1 curaja and just mid-replenish them. Or if a party member dies, double cast Revive and Curaga in the revived character in the same turn. Things like that that makes your strategy more solid.

Same thing with dual weild for more damage in the same turn. With dual weild if you cast barrage, your unit will hit 8 times instead of 4.

To your question, Cloud of Darkness in 6 star will get a innate ATK of 149, very high value.

She learns Human Killer+ (+75% damage to humans and if you add to Human Killer, that goes to 125% total extra damage to humans), Protectga, +30% ATK (plus 20% ATK before, total +50% ATK), AoE Esuna (cure all status except zombie to party) and a Attack that does 210% damage single target with 25% def ignore.

Cloud of Darkness is a good damage dealer, but to humanoid enemies she hits like a truck.

Jesus!
Thanks for the explanation!
I also read that the game will have some kind of pvp, right? So... that means the pretty much anything will take 125% extra damage from Cod? Put double wield and damage, and she will be really op, right?

Valentus

Just because a thing of better use of lapi/tickets. There's coming the XIII/Tactics/IV/Zidane banner

And when the brave frontier banner comes back in the future, you will pull too for vargas, so you could get a Tilith or a Vargas.

linkent

Valentus, what do you mean that we need to ignore Tilith bit she'll be OP in 6 months... doesn't that mean we should try and grab her now so we have her when she gets her 6*?
Think he meant that we dont need to pull her now as she will be useless for the next 6months.
Meanwhile it is better to use your tickets to get 3* units with better TM to farm in those times.
Her banner with her 6* form will be available for you to pull her.

wilstreak

Reward for complete with a party of less than 6 members: +30% ATK materia (i dont know how much lapis you will need to resurrect under that basis)

Just sayin'

Lol, trial 7 have 2 boss at the same time. Well if it can 1-shot a team. Then it will be too underpowered.

By the way, is there some hidden reward for White Dragon and Demon Chimera?

Shouta

Eileen is really powerful because she can use any weapon she can equip to be a powerhouse where say Orlandu and Vargas require great swords. Her big attack is 400% and her other attack reduces earth resistance making her other attack even more powerful. She also nullifies petrification as well.

Malakhov

Banned
I've gotten two Chizurus this banner but no WoL I don't know if I should feel happy or frustrated. Hahaha

I got two WoL and no chizuru or CoD or Bartz and would love one of those right now.

Just summoned Garland.. I'm quite happy.
I got him also, only 3 stars though, I had to awaken him to 4 stars but now he is really great.

Grinded all weekend for crystals in the awakening chamber and got Lenna, Tellah, Garland and Laswell to 4 stars from 3 stars to go with my 4 stars WoL. It was really tedious... You guys pulling 5 stars characters makes me sick :(

scarlet

Just sayin'

So if you want that materias, you have to win the 1st time you fight them?

CCIE

Banned
Azuran - it depends. If the rest of the team targets the healer, then Cecil has to choose in the game. Either way the Healer or CoD is going down in the first round

wilstreak

I guess sometime you can win with pure luck

my party is not as good as it seems.
WoL have only 140 ATK (no summon, weapon Ogrekiller) just in it for Fullbreak
Leo only got 177 ATK, used only for Blade Bash

in a battle that last for about 6 turn, never once it manage to deal significant damage.
1st turn screech (only Leo confuse and even then he still attack the enemy)
2nd-4thn turn normal attack that deal around 200-600 damage and never focus on 1 character.
5th-6th sleep, then paralyze.

Never use Blizzara even once.

I hope my eventual fight with Dark Ifrit/Dark Siren, they are as stupid as this dragon.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
my party is not as good as it seems.
..it is actually as good as it looks ;-) Frost Dragon is the strongest enemy in the game so far i think and you beat him with your party being at full HP.

Best Mage ? Check. Best Phys. Damage dealer ? Check. Full Break ? Check. Best Tank ? Check. Best Healer ? Check.

I think because we are in our own little GAF/Reddit bubble we sometimes forget the OP teams most of us here are already running - congrats on the clear though :) Even though the reward is kinda underwhelming... -.-

Malakhov

Banned
Must be the unluckiest playing this game. Spent a shitload of lapis and summoning tickets and all I got was two 4 stars WoL and 3 stars Lenna, Tellah and Garland. And that is with rerolling at least 50 times and summoning douzains of times.

Never seen any Cod, Chizuru, exdeath, kefka etc..

Still stuck with freaking Laswell...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Must be the unluckiest playing this game. Spent a shitload of lapis and summoning tickets and all I got was two 4 stars WoL and 3 stars Lenna, Tellah and Garland. And that is with rerolling at least 50 times and summoning douzains of times.

Never seen any Cod, Chizuru, exdeath, kefka etc..

Still stuck with freaking Laswell...

How long have you been playing the game or did you just started ? Because starting with WoL, Lenna, Tellah and Garland would be very good. Complete opposite of bad luck.

Malakhov

Banned
How long have you been playing the game or did you just started ? Because starting with WoL, Lenna, Tellah and Garland would be very good. Complete opposite of bad luck.

About two weeks now. I got Lenna, Tellah and WoL after at least 50 rerolls and got Garland along the ride. All three stars besides WoL which is 4.

wilstreak

..it is actually as good as it looks ;-) Frost Dragon is the strongest enemy in the game so far i think and you beat him with your party being at full HP.

Best Mage ? Check. Best Phys. Damage dealer ? Check. Full Break ? Check. Best Tank ? Check. Best Healer ? Check.

I think because we are in our own little GAF/Reddit bubble we sometimes forget the OP teams most of us here are already running - congrats on the clear though :) Even though the reward is kinda underwhelming... -.-

No, the problem is that this frost dragon didn't even use its frost or whateved magic attack at all.
My Leo has 91 SPR and Chizuru 110 SPR. very fragile to magic attack.

In my fight with demon chimera, it use snowstorm and manage to kill 2 of my party and deal heavy damage to my team. But this one, never.

That's why i said it is very lucky.

yeah, the reward is as bad as when defeating Europa.

scarlet

About two weeks now. I got Lenna, Tellah and WoL after at least 50 rerolls and got Garland along the ride. All three stars besides WoL which is 4.

This is my 1st team.

Comparing to you, you have best healer, best tank, top 3 mage and top 5 physical attacker and Laswell isn't that bad.

And since you've been playing for 2 weeks it's actually not bad. At least it isn't Shadow and Bedile.

Malakhov

Banned
This is my 1st team.

Comparing to you, you have best healer, best tank, top 3 mage and top 5 physical attacker and Laswell isn't that bad.

And since you've been playing for 2 weeks it's actually not bad. At least it isn't Shadow and Bedile.

I feel better now. Thanks for the hug.

wilstreak

This is my 1st team.

I feel better now. Thanks for the hug.

When first playing this game, in my 1st roll, i spend all my crystal and Lapis and the best unit that i got is Rydia and Kain. Decide to roll 2nd time and even worse.

Because it is very time consuming to reroll and 1 people in Reddit said that it is better to save ticket for future unit, like Lightning. I decide to roll once again and just use 3 summon, got Maria and pretty happy since she is a healer. So my team is Rain, Lasswell, Magitek Terra, Rakshasha and Maria. It is pathetic. But as i continue playing, i start pulling better unit.

So yeah, a team composed of WoL, Lenna, tellah, and Garland will get you pretty far. Strong enough to destroy Demon Chimera at least.

Xion86

Okay finally at the Frost Dragon now! Bit of a roadblock until I max out my new team members I think (CoD, Garland and Firon).

Currently have Rain, Kain, Lasswell, Leena and Kefka. So will replace Rain, Kain and Lasswell. Might need raise though so could bring Terra in too (or Tellah).

(Surprised how quick this thread moves when I don't check up over a weekend or something when I'm busy!)

Razmos

Just did another pull.

3 star blue crystal, again... oh wait! It's reforming! Now it's gold! Please be Wol, please be Wol.
4* Shadow.

lcSwHOH.gif

Where do you farm for exp past level 50? It's starting to take forever from here.

Story-wise, I'm still on the 2nd contintent and have just got
Fina on my party.
(spoiler just in case)

wilstreak

Where do you farm for exp past level 50? It's starting to take forever from here.

Story-wise, I'm still on the 2nd contintent and have just got
Fina on my party.
(spoiler just in case)

Aside from Cactuar, ADV vortex is your only choice i think.
I spent almost 1 week to level up 3* Lenna and Bartz to 5* LV 80.

it is very grindy, but not that bad compared to other f2P

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Is it me or was Chamber of Crystals a waste of time anyways? The drop rate seemed far lower than I expected and really not worth the energy it took.

It's pretty bad. Adv is typically 2 megacities and a few smaller ones. But it's nice when I don't have time to burn through the energy for a bit of a small gain.

Falk

that puzzling face
It's good for when you play for the first time in 3 days and accidentally hit "receive all" and get like 180 stamina from all the daily rewards from the FB campaign.

Celegus

Back up to 5 tickets and just about 10k lapis. I've only pulled 13 times since launch... I have pretty good self discipline. Still can't take out the Frost Dragon yet, but it's not like I need to right now or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom