• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xion86

Bit random, but how easy would it be to attach a screenshot from iOS or Android straight onto the thread if anything exciting happens in-game? I've never actually done so haha, as I'm always browsing this thread on my iPad. No easy alternative to uploading the image somewhere from the device then using the link?

Coppanuva

That's my next project. I got Artemios abd WoL maxed from my pulls last week, now it is Lenna turn.

Yeah it's not fun that's for sure. At level 45 it's something like 1.5-2 levels per run in ADV. Guess I'll just run it some while I mat grind for my hyper wrists for some other team members.

CCIE

Banned
Well, I'm saving my energy bottles for the next Cactuar event, or the next real event (whichever comes first)...

This week is more ADV Vortex, and HR farming... might add in a little bit of PF to get my Espers increased some more. Maybe by the end of the week I will have Kuja and Terrah almost leveled to max. That is the hope at least.

Also, may need to start replenishing awakening materials - I have exhausted all of my sacred crystals.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Last pull today was Bedile, so I'm done pulling for this event. Shame since I could really use Tellah and Lenna, but it looks like it's just not happening.

So from 13 pulls, units of worth.
Artemos -> Replaced my Edgar as 2nd physical damage.
Kefka -> I already had one, but my only other mage is Shanotto. So two Kefka is good. Working on getting Fira equipped, so they can do the basic three elements.
Cecil -> 1st tank pull, not in any rush to level him up.
WoL -> He'll be replacing my Rain when I get him to 80. Instead of power break, I'll have full break.
Kain -> Will raise him up later on for my 3rd Physical damage, since he does get a 5* or simply just TM farm them to get one Gunguir

wilstreak

Last pull today was Bedile, so I'm done pulling for this event. Shame since I could really use Tellah and Lenna, but it looks like it's just not happening.

So from 13 pulls, units of worth.
Artemos -> Replaced my Edgar as 2nd physical damage.
Kefka -> I already had one, but my only other mage is Shanotto. So two Kefka is good. Working on getting Fira equipped, so they can do the basic three elements.
Cecil -> 1st tank pull, not in any rush to level him up.
WoL -> He'll be replacing my Rain when I get him to 80. Instead of power break, I'll have full break.
Kain -> Will raise him up later on for my 3rd Physical damage, since he does get a 5* or simply just TM farm them to get one Gunguir

Isn't rain better than Kain, since he is guaranteed 6* with Fullbreak and if i am not mistaken, Rain (same as Fina) need less EXP to level up.

the only point for Kain is TM and you will probably get better unit than him soon.

Yeah Setzer would be dope.

And Kefka gets fucked over when SE release 6* Gestahl instead.

tumblr_mfo10qM2331rfs2y4o1_500.gif

scarlet

Got my fifth Hero Ring baking.

Now just hoarding Magicite. I'm going to be tired of Phantom Forest by the end.

Surprisingly I got all the fire and Ice megacryst super easy today. Just need 5 times each explorations.

Still baking 2 and ready to bake my 6th one tomorrow.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Isn't rain better than Kain, since he is guaranteed 6* with Fullbreak and if i am not mistaken, Rain (same as Fina) need less EXP to level up.

the only point for Kain is TM and you will probably get better unit than him soon.

Looking at it again, it will still be better to stick with Edgar then both. -_-

Falk

that puzzling face
Exvius was fine yesterday and back to chain crashing again today.

The game in its current state is such a chore. Crashing and having to redo the last few turns makes a chore out of doing chores.

Geez.

scarlet

Exvius was fine yesterday and back to chain crashing again today.

The game in its current state is such a chore. Crashing and having to redo the last few turns makes a chore out of doing chores.

Geez.

It seems the iOS version is very buggy.

Well, another free lapis, I guess?

dennism

IOS version has been crashing for me way before the update and there is 0 acknowledgement or compensation, i wouldnt hold my breath for this one

Pejo

Burned my 70k friends points last night not realizing the rate up on enhances overlaps with the cactuar/gilsnapper event. Dammit. All that potential xp wasted.

I love when you get a rank up and use 100% of the stamina right beforehand. Feels good.

Making good progress since this weekend. Got Ramuh to 2* and my other espers around level 30 2*, so that's cool. Got Vaan and Firion to 5*, and I'm only 2 more void things away from my Gravity Rod.

It's really hard to not throw these handful of summer package tickets away at the WoL banner, but I promised myself I wouldnt' after doing nearly 90 pulls with no WoL.

scarlet

Burned my 70k friends points last night not realizing the rate up on enhances overlaps with the cactuar/gilsnapper event. Dammit. All that potential xp wasted.

I love when you get a rank up and use 100% of the stamina right beforehand. Feels good.

Making good progress since this weekend. Got Ramuh to 2* and my other espers around level 30 2*, so that's cool. Got Vaan and Firion to 5*, and I'm only 2 more void things away from my Gravity Rod.

It's really hard to not throw these handful of summer package tickets away at the WoL banner, but I promised myself I wouldnt' after doing nearly 90 pulls with no WoL.

You'd get it on your 91st pull

Don't listen to me

Zafir

I've gotten fuck all from these summer bundle pulls.

I think I really did use all my luck on Chizuru. Game doesn't want to give me anything now!

Pbae

Live vicariously through me.

I pulled four times b/c I'm an impulsive idiot and I deserve the pulls I got.

-Bedile
-Sabin
-Edgar
-GOAT 4* Cyan!!!

Why am I so weak...

Kouriozan

So much leveling to do, so little NRG
Hope we'll get the next trial at the end of the week with the featured banner change, my Bartz need the Killer Bow.

CCIE

Banned
I won't be pulling again until discounted tickets, or a rate-up for Cecil or Zidane. Who am I kidding, it's hard not to pull again today. But I won't! The WoL doesn't love me...

Bartz is now leveled up to L78 (Barrage), and I'm working on Kuja and Tellah now. Seriously, after TM grinding all weekend waiting for the NRG for ADV Vortex is a massive change. I never realized how much I relied on my star units like Chizuru until they are sitting on the bench

CCIE

Banned
I will pull off the Lightning banner, for the mage with DC, and maybe Charlotte (Tank). However, I fully expect to not pull any of the units and am ready to welcome more 4* crap to my party instead.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So I got down to 10% on Frost Dragon. Basically, If I get a single Paralysis in, it's not bad. If I don't, I'm always playing catch up with Fina. Also a single nasty bite or when she focuses on anyone but my Bartz or Rain, typically goes down in the 3 bite combo. Doesn't even phase my Bartz which is awesome. >_<

It definitely seems like a fit that is dependent on getting the right status down. Or having the right characters to blitz her down, Ala Chiz

CCIE

Banned
Shinto - originally I tried to take the Frost Dragon down with DPS. Had both Chiz and Kefka on my team. After about 1/2 dozen defeats (always looked like I could win, but the Frost Dragon could always outlast my team), I changed strategies

Used Trine with Kefka to Silence him, Paralyzed him with Chiz, and then beat the crap out of him. Kefka did nothing but alternate Damage spells and Trine, and it was a LOT easier. I wondered if it was pure luck, so I tried him again. Same result. The dragon is weak to statuses...

Lyrian

Used Trine with Kefka to Silence him, Paralyzed him with Chiz, and then beat the crap out of him. Kefka did nothing but alternate Damage spells and Trine, and it was a LOT easier. I wondered if it was pure luck, so I tried him again. Same result. The dragon is weak to statuses...

Every time I use Trine to cut off its AoE, the Frost Dragon just simply triple combos my entire team to death, one at a time. Maybe I'm just being constantly unlucky?

H3xum

Crushed Demon Chimera in 2 turns and left feeling very unsatisfied.

5* maxed Bartz, Chiz, Lenna (sp), Kefka

5* 60ish Tellah

All I did was hyperdrive with Kefka, Cheer with Lenna, -aga with Tellah and then Barage with Bartz/Chiz

I'm at S rank intermediate in the coliseum. I don't know what else to do. I guess I could farm for my first Hero Ring.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Shinto - originally I tried to take the Frost Dragon down with DPS. Had both Chiz and Kefka on my team. After about 1/2 dozen defeats (always looked like I could win, but the Frost Dragon could always outlast my team), I changed strategies

Yeah, but they don't always work.

Last attempt, I hit him twice with Trine, 3x with Paralyzing shot, and once with Silence. Not a single status.

That's what I mean about being a crap shoot.

Crushed Demon Chimera in 2 turns and left feeling very unsatisfied.

5* maxed Bartz, Chiz, Lenna (sp), Kefka

5* 60ish Tellah

All I did was hyperdrive with Kefka, Cheer with Lenna, -aga with Tellah and then Barage with Bartz/Chiz

I'm at S rank intermediate in the coliseum. I don't know what else to do. I guess I could farm for my first Hero Ring.

No shit. LOL. You have the best healer, best Physical, best MAG, and 3rd best MAG and Physical.

CCIE

Banned
Maybe. Trine hits with both silence and blind i believe. Dragon couldn't even hit me the first few rounds. Then when it was about to wear off, I'd paralyze him. Your mileage may vary. It always gets hairy near the end, but if you can keep him from using Screech more than twice, good chance to kill it. I also had Fina casting Blind or Silence when possible as well

I think your MAG level may have something to do with rate of success...

I'd try it again, but I'm busy stealing elixirs from the C-1 boss lately. Have almost 30+ Elixirs now. Going to need them with no tank ...
Give me a minute

CCIE

Banned
Just took another shot at Frost with my updated team, and crushed him. Full Break with Vaan, Cheer, followed by Dual Barrage and Trine. FB is an absolute game changer of a skill. Hit the crap out of him the next round, then when he recovered from Trine paralyzed him with Chizuru - also, put up Barblizzara just in case. Then I gave up on the statuses and whittled him down. He got one Screech off toward the end, but it was only Bartz who was affected.

The team I used is pretty damn nice though. Chiz, Bartz, Kefka, Lenna, Vaan. I specifically did not use Garland, because he has the ability to one-shot other members of the party if confused. Used the choker on Chiz so she couldn't be turned by Screech

Maybe. Trine hits with both silence and blind i believe. Dragon couldn't even hit me the first few rounds. Then when it was about to wear off, I'd paralyze him. Your mileage may vary. It always gets hairy near the end, but if you can keep him from using Screech more than twice, good chance to kill it. I also had Fina casting Blind or Silence when possible as well

I think your MAG level may have something to do with rate of success...

I'd try it again, but I'm busy stealing elixirs from the C-1 boss lately. Have almost 30+ Elixirs now. Going to need them with no tank ...

You and your damn tanks!

Here, here's a tank!

tumblr_nq5oxcZKKi1r2jezqo1_400.gif

CCIE

Banned
Thanks for the laughs Chilly! ;)

Chilly, just so you know you guys were right... I'm really liking Vaan, and Lenna is awesome as well. When I get my TMR's done, at 6* I will put Barrage on Garland, and DH as well for additional damage. Chizuru will have DH, and Katana mastery... Lenna will have a Ribbon, and whatever mage I'm using will hopefully have a MAG +30%. That should get me a ways down the line for the content. I'm also going to add four HP+10% to Vaan so he can soak up damage with Provoke for the short term.

That is the current plan, at least until I pull another cool unit down the line.

Xion86

I'll do my next set of pulls when CCIE does :p I'm not going to be happy if you get a tank and I still don't. Hoping to get lucky eventually. I'll never pull as many as I did when trying to get Chiz though. Anyway, I still feel so behind as I've only just started farming for Hero's Ring materials! And not even got my Espers up yet. Had to take time out to level up my new party members which is taking some time, oh and Rod farming (but glad I got that now).

H3xum

I'll do my next set of pulls when CCIE does :p I'm not going to be happy if you get a tank and I still don't. Hoping to get lucky eventually. I'll never pull as many as I did when trying to get Chiz though. Anyway, I still feel so behind as I've only just started farming for Hero's Ring materials! And not even got my Espers up yet. Had to take time out to level up my new party members which is taking some time, oh and Rod farming (but glad I got that now).

The numbers make sense to do your Tank pulls now. As more people get added the chances of getting your WoL or Cecil or even Leo drop. Why wait when the pool is bigger?

Xion86

The numbers make sense to do your Tank pulls now. As more people get added the chances of getting your WoL or Cecil or even Leo drop. Why wait when the pool is bigger?

I've done over 35 pulls this banner with no WoL or the popular tanks :( but I'll could give what I have left a go. When Chiz banner was up, I was around 50ish tickets (can't remember exactly how much and to be honest I don't want to haha, it was the first time I paid quite a bit to have a chance at getting some decent pulls, but came out with nothing. I went a bit OTT...11 more....11 more...11 more...11 more...oh come on..). This banner I got Cloud of Darkness, Terra, Garland and Firon though which will help a LOT as they can replace Rain/Kain/Lasswell). Somebody save me from H3xum! (Scarlett managed to stop me from pulling more :p).

Oh...Just got Cloud of Darkness to 80!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom