• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

H3xum

Would someone who uses switch controls in iOS be kind enough to PM me the steps? (I don't want to clutter up this board when I am sure it has been answered before) I saw a video but it did not address the "replenish lapis for 100" screen and I don't want to accidentally blow through all of my saved moneys.

Pejo

Now hold on

Esper Terra is a New unit but she is permanent

I saw talk that the 6 Start Terra can transform into an Esper Terra Mode as well

http://altema.jp/ffbe/niconicojyouhou-15072

Says it right here.

Normal Terra can transform into her Esper form. There is also a new Unit that is permanently in Esper form and is Base 5

Thanks for the clarification. I'm using Google Translate to try to get the info, and probably interpreted that incorrectly at first.

Shouta

So what have u gotten lucky with in JP? I remember seeing u get Tidus but what's your team lookin like these days?

Nduhf36.jpg
09f2Kz8.jpg
hrcXqxQ.jpg
JXtcwDj.jpg
nJIpPv2.jpg

This is what I have right now + a Swimsuit Rid that's off screen. Didn't want to bother with a screenshot for just one char, lol.

My Tidus looks like this right now. Gromph's Tidus is probably more gross. ;_;

Pbae

This is what I have right now + a Swimsuit Rid that's off screen. Didn't want to bother with a screenshot for just one char, lol.

Mother of Aerith...It's so beautiful T_T

Aurizen

Whoa!! that Tidus!! what is he equip with?

Shouta

Whoa!! that Tidus!! what is he equip with?

Sword of Loto + Genji Katana
Empire Helm, Demon's Mail.
Monarch Ring x2

Dual-Wield and 40% worth of attack abilities across 3 slots.

He could be stronger.

I have a Gilgamesh friend with 950+ attack on him. D=

Aurizen

Sword of Loto + Genji Katana
Empire Helm, Demon's Mail.
Monarch Ring x2

Dual-Wield and 40% worth of attack abilities across 3 slots.

He could be stronger.

I have a Gilgamesh friend with 950+ attack on him. D=

whoa thats crazy! i can't wait till all those weapons and stuff come to GL and Tidus! I'm pulling for him.

Okay wtf, Shouta your list goes on and on with OP units! CoD, Vargas, Cecil, WoL, Tidus, Refia, that one SoM guy, that DQ machine dude, fuck it I can keep going but it's pointless. Pls tell me u don't struggle on trials or I'll cry

H3xum

Okay wtf, Shouta your list goes on and on with OP units! CoD, Vargas, Cecil, WoL, Tidus, Refia, that one SoM guy, that DQ machine dude, fuck it I can keep going but it's pointless. Pls tell me u don't struggle on trials or I'll cry

Was coming to ask this very thing

Shouta

Was coming to ask this very thing

I don't have Vargas though, lol.

Latest trials are still pretty tough but probably doable now that I have the abilities to deal with it and the characters leveled up. WoL was sitting in reserve for awhile until I got him maxed out. Gilgamesh isn't a cakewalk though because he has a special gimmick to his fight while the bosses after him just do crazy as shit damage.

I've only spent like 40 bucks on the game so most of my units are from free tickets and Lapis.

I don't think that any unit ever learns its TM reward innately. That would kind of defeat the purpose of obtaining the TM.
Yes they do. ExDeath learns Meteor at 6* and it's Golbez's TM.
How many giant gigacactur can max out a 5* unit?

I want to say around 36 give or take a gigantuar to go from 0 to 80 with just regular "Success" everytime. If you get lucky and get some Great Successes, it will cost less.

Yes they do. ExDeath learns Meteor at 6* and it's Golbez's TM.

I want to say around 36 give or take a gigantuar to go from 0 to 80 with just regular "Success" everytime. If you get lucky and get some Great Successes, it will cost less.

They mean learn their own TM. Like Exdeath's TM is Holy...it wouldn't make sense for him to just learn that at 6*. A lot of units learn someone elses TM.

They mean learn their own TM. Like Exdeath's TM is Holy...it wouldn't make sense for him to just learn that at 6*. A lot of units learn someone elses TM.

Ah ok. That's cool, give Ultima to Kefka! Then I won't have to bother with the Meteor TM since Ex gets it at 6. If you don't give Kefka Dual, you have to give him Ultima!

Lyrian

Ah ok. That's cool, give Ultima to Kefka! Then I won't have to bother with the Meteor TM since Ex gets it at 6. If you don't give Kefka Dual, you have to give him Ultima!

Yeah, that was my point.

I think the original intention was that TMs were supposed to be some sort of long term reward for playing with a character for a very long time. Of course, macros happened to throw all of that out the window.

Lyrian

I've run it a few more times, and am convinced Ice Megacrysts have a higher chance on the drop table or something. I've yet to have a run where I didn't get at least one, and numerous times have gotten 2 or more. It's absolutely a better energy investment than Wolfgang or Kolobos Marsh for me, plus it's easier to run.

Only downside is it gives blue magicite, and no-one really uses siren, but apart form that it's sped up my farming for hero rings considerably.

I ran it a bunch of times yesterday, and got primarily Wind and Water megas. That said, I probably got the short end of the RNG stick. More runs are needed to determine long run averages, but as you note, I think it can be safely said that the beach is rough equivalent of Westersand in terms of sheer speed for farming their relevant hero ring megacrysts.

No uses Siren? Eh? You mean no one uses Siren's skills. Siren is probably getting benched with Diabolos comes out, but until then any esper attached to a character is better than no esper at all at least for the stat boost at a minimum.

Maledict

I ran it a bunch of times yesterday, and got primarily Wind and Water megas. That said, I probably got the short end of the RNG stick. More runs are needed to determine long run averages, but as you note, I think it can be safely said that the beach is rough equivalent of Westersand in terms of sheer speed for farming their relevant hero ring megacrysts.

No uses Siren? Eh? You mean no one uses Siren's skills. Siren is probably getting benched with Diabolos comes out, but until then any esper attached to a character is better than no esper at all at least for the stat boost at a minimum.

Yeah, I mean once Diablos comes out she vanishes. It seems like no-one uses her at all.

Lyrian

You wait three weeks for Cactaur Dunes to show up to farm cactaurs.

Cactaur Dunes shows up and cactaurs rain like candy, but you burn all of your energy in seconds. Now, there's nothing to do except watch the energy bar slowly rebuild.
And complain.

First World Problems, lol.

You wait three weeks for Cactaur Dunes to show up to farm cactaurs.

Cactaur Dunes shows up and cactaurs rain like candy, but you burn all of your energy in seconds. Now, there's nothing to do except watch the energy bar slowly rebuild.
And complain.

First World Problems, lol.

What the heck did you do with all the energy that was handed out for free over the last month or so? I have a ton sitting in my mail.

Lyrian

What the heck did you do with all the energy that was handed out for free over the last month or so? I have a ton sitting in my mail.

It's still there. Kinda reserved for cactaurs, but I don't have anyone meaningful (bah to the morning pulls) to dump the cactaurs into atm. So, no immediate burning desire yet to chug energy potions.

Using a potion for normal dungeon running seems horribly inefficient for some reason.

It's still there. Kinda reserved for cactaurs, but I don't have anyone meaningful (bah to the morning pulls) to dump the cactaurs into atm. So, no immediate burning desire yet to chug energy potions.

Using a potion for normal dungeon running seems horribly inefficient for some reason.

I hate hoarding cactuars for some reason so I'm just maxing Zidane and Kuja for no reason lol

Temporary events like Cactuars that you want to farm a bunch of is exactly what that energy is for. Stock those Gigantuars up so when you pull your next unit worth leveling, you can instantly do so.

problem for me is that I've never upgraded my unit slots so I can only hold so many and I can't bring myself to waste lapis on anything but saving for pulls now that we have the pull 11 option. Decisions decisions. Well, if I leave just one spot open it will let me do the pull and then I can sell off all the pulls save the ones I want if I get lucky. I can then use the gigantuars on said units to free up space.

chrono01

Sweet, I got Luna with my daily pull. Finally something useful for once.

Suck it Anzelm you piece of crap.

Edit: THE DREAM IS REAL

I'm so glad I have no self control and decided to go for a couple more pulls.
Nice job on (not)-resisting, it worked out well for you, haha.

Congrats!

I can't wait to see what that 6* Kefka has to offer.

I'm worried about the Terra, just because I don't have her and I don't want to be sad that I don't have her.

Did my half price pull....

Officially joined the Zidane club. Heeeeeeeeeck yeah!!!!!
\o/!

The ffvi event will introduce setzer and gau to the party Too.

And in Japan from next batch gold and Rainbow crystals will only give you base 4 and 5 star units
This is a game-changer!

WOW great day today :D

Made 5 pulls (1/2 and 4 tickets from today's gift), got:

Sabin, shantotto (I have 5 now), Krile (have 4), ROSELIA and ZIDANE.

Now I'm really done until Light or something like that.

Also *6 Kefka YES, I have 2 of those. I'm happy and glad many of you are also :)
Congrats on the Zidane!

Pulled Zidane today, wew.

Is he any good besides his TM tho? Not really into TM farming.
Congrats to you on your Zidane, as well. It's a Zidane free-for-all!

Well after my 11 pull this morning I said screw it I am gonna use 3 tickets and then shut it down until the next banner.

Galuf :(
Garland :))))

ZIDANE!!!!! YAY!
As I said, a free-for-all! \o/!!!

Took an ill-advised ticket pull after posting that last statement.

Anzelm. Dammit. /grumble
Well, maybe not a free-for-all...

:(

LuuKyK

Holy shit, thats impressive. lol

Also who is that on the far right in the second line of the first screenshot?

Dragner

And now Yshtola another base 5 with 95/100 on Altema. And they say this game isnt F2P friendly. Ok isnt much right now in Global but Japan is in a really good spot for F2P players.

Eidjinn

Pray she gets a 6* upgrade >.<

And now Yshtola another base 5 with 95/100 on Altema. And they say this game isnt F2P friendly. Ok isnt much right now in Global but Japan is in a really good spot for F2P players.

Yshtola is the indian girl with short hair, right?

There's a banner going on in Japan that you can trade for 100 bronze coins... fot a ticket, maybe? I didn't understand how to accumulate those.

Kouriozan

There's a banner going on in Japan that you can trade for 100 bronze coins... fot a ticket, maybe? I didn't understand how to accumulate those.
She's a cat girl, you can summon FF XIV characters and their awakening mats with some special currency you get while fighting FF XIV Ifrit.
Video of someone doing it : https://youtu.be/Si_Ff5Ddt6I at 2:35

Dragner

No, you get her with event currency, the banner that Japan has now is for Summer Majin Fina and Summer Fina. FFXIV units are free.

Shouta

You get currency by defeating FFXIV Ifrit and you use that to roll in a special gatcha that only has Thancred, Y'shtola, Minfilia, and materials for the special equipment for this event. 100 per roll, or 1000 for 10 rolls. It's very easy to get the currency and you'll eventually get Y'shtola or Minfillia. Even if you don't, Thancred is a decent 5-star unit and some of the FFXIV gear is really good like Thancred's jacket which gives 10% HP/Attack and 8 Atk/25 Def.

Lyrian

I hate hoarding cactuars for some reason so I'm just maxing Zidane and Kuja for no reason lol

Kind of ditto.

At the moment, the only 5* capable I have un-maxed is Kuja.

There's no reason for me to level him because of maxed Tellah, but the fact that he is not maxed is eye twitching.

Squall ASF said:
Temporary events like Cactuars that you want to farm a bunch of is exactly what that energy is for. Stock those Gigantuars up so when you pull your next unit worth leveling, you can instantly do so.

problem for me is that I've never upgraded my unit slots so I can only hold so many and I can't bring myself to waste lapis on anything but saving for pulls now that we have the pull 11 option. Decisions decisions. Well, if I leave just one spot open it will let me do the pull and then I can sell off all the pulls save the ones I want if I get lucky. I can then use the gigantuars on said units to free up space.

Thinking about burning some lapis on unit space to stock cactaurs. Probably will at some point to keep myself from pulling my 6th lemon unit in a row.

Man, took 50 damn NRG for that stupid Spider Gloom quest. Second run of the banner event short changed me so swapped to the Dirnado levels and naturally the first one doesn't give me any glooms....I jump to the middle stage next and it gives me more than I needed to finish ;p Oh well, out of the way now.

Man, took 50 damn NRG for that stupid Spider Gloom quest. Second run of the banner event short changed me so swapped to the Dirnado levels and naturally the first one doesn't give me any glooms....I jump to the middle stage next and it gives me more than I needed to finish ;p Oh well, out of the way now.

Should have done the vortex event 10 glooms a run.

Should have done the vortex event 10 glooms a run.

That's what I said shortchanged me the second time. Only got 8 the first time and 4 or 5 the second time and that's with making sure I fought as many battles I could by running around trying to trigger fights. You guys just got lucky with your 10 each run. After blowing 30 NRG on it, said screw this.

Oh wait, that jacket is only for Thancred. Nasty. =(
All of the equipment is exclusive to their characters.

And getting these rare materials for them is kind of turning out to be a pain. Wish they made those milestones instead of these 6* awakening materials that I have over 200 of...

chrono01

Man, the story content ended abruptly, not many new quests to work on either. :(

Oh well, time to finish my Espers and craft more Hero's Rings!

Eidjinn

You get currency by defeating FFXIV Ifrit and you use that to roll in a special gatcha that only has Thancred, Y'shtola, Minfilia, and materials for the special equipment for this event. 100 per roll, or 1000 for 10 rolls. It's very easy to get the currency and you'll eventually get Y'shtola or Minfillia. Even if you don't, Thancred is a decent 5-star unit and some of the FFXIV gear is really good like Thancred's jacket which gives 10% HP/Attack and 8 Atk/25 Def.

No, you get her with event currency, the banner that Japan has now is for Summer Majin Fina and Summer Fina. FFXIV units are free.

She's a cat girl, you can summon FF XIV characters and their awakening mats with some special currency you get while fighting FF XIV Ifrit.
Video of someone doing it : https://youtu.be/Si_Ff5Ddt6I at 2:35

This is actually Uber cool!

I wish I had started playing jp earlier. Damm.

Shouta

All of the equipment is exclusive to their characters.

And getting these rare materials for them is kind of turning out to be a pain. Wish they made those milestones instead of these 6* awakening materials that I have over 200 of...

Well, I only need Minfillia and Y'shtola's, I guess. Hell, I might not even need those tbh... I'll have to look at the stats again.

It looks like they're adding a system where you can use mats to upgrade skills a character has like making Barrage do 5 hits instead of 4 from what I read of the notes from the NicoNico broadcast. I'm waiting on the Youtube upload.

Aurizen

Oh man you are golden

Just pick a crazy Chizuru friend and go to town

Full Break Then Focus with Vaan Then attack

Max damage output everyone else. Have Lenna Cheer first turn then Curaja as needed to offset Meteor

Should be dead in 2-3 rounds.

How would my team fair against Gore-Chimera?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom