• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarlet

Removed some friends with 7+ days inactive, sorry dudes.

You can add me 866.176.087

Please add "GAF" in the message to add priority.

What do i have as a leader?

This little dude:

Dual wield already? Dude, you're fast.
Mine stil around 3% after a day and I've used those extra NRG.

Cool send friend requests to all you clowns

Daily pull

Gold

Kain again

Cool i suppose i can get his spear slightly quicker now. He seems good on paper with all the stat bonuses. I wonder if his single target jump damage can challenge a barrage unit

Daily pull

Gold

Kain again

Cool i suppose i can get his spear slightly quicker now. He seems good on paper with all the stat bonuses. I wonder if his single target jump damage can challenge a barrage unit

Base wise no, not really >.>

But if Valen can make Shadow work and Lyrian can make Rydia work, anything is possible!!

Lyrian

Congrats! I am currently rank 46 and having trouble beating the Frost Dragon in the Colosseum. :( What team did you beat it with?

Lasswell/Artemios/Kefka/Tellah/Lenna

Observations:

-- Fira, preferably Firaga element chain between two (or more casters) is more damaging and more efficient than Kefka using Hyperdrive.

-- Keep the dragon power broken at all times (Ifrit).

-- Create a designated "tank", stack him with HP mods. On the turn that you silence it, taunt the dragon with the tank unit (Provoke, Golem). Otherwise very bad things will happen, especially if it is not power broken.

-- For the love of moogles, count the turns that the dragon is debuffed. On the third turn of a debuff, start applying a new debuff of a different type. Bad things happen if the dragon can break free of all debuffs.

-- Generally speaking, Cheer isn't worth it for the fight. It is too much of a mana drain for long protracted fights.

-- If you do not have Lenna for Esuna, remember to love tap a confused unit with one of the mages.

-- At the barest minimum 2x Cura, or Curaja (3 Curas or Curaja + Cura) needed if not power broken) across two units is really needed to keep up with damage. Krille can help with that because of dual cast, but her HP is a real liability.

-- Bad things will happen just because of RNG. Tellah's raise is huge in giving the team a second chance when the dragon decides to focus all three melee attacks in a round on a squishy unit.

In my run, about everything wrong that could happen did happen. Lost Artemios to a bad RNG melee round. Lasswell kept being confused and decided to "enhance" the complexion of my mages with his new and shiny sword multiple times during the fight. I barely squeaked through the fight as a result. It could have gone much, much better than it did. But, only have to win exactly once ever, and that is just fine with me.

Lyrian

Removed some friends with 7+ days inactive, sorry dudes.

You can add me 866.176.087

Please add "GAF" in the message to add priority.

What do i have as a leader?

This little dude:

That's crazy! Mad props for that.

Not sure if this or Rixa's million plus damage move is more insane.

Lyrian

Base wise no, not really >.>

But if Valen can make Shadow work and Lyrian can make Rydia work, anything is possible!!

Quietly, the Rydia Project is still moving along.

But, at least for this morning, today was not my day at the gacha either.

Two pulls:

Vivi
Krille

That extends my streak of pulling 4* max units to 7 :/

Valentus

Daily pull

Gold

Kain again

A normal jump with gungnir equip does aprox. 11k damage. A chizuru with normal equip do aprox 24k damage with barrage. Now, remember that kain in 5star evolution gains:

ATK+20%
ATK+20% when spear is equip
Dragon Knight Soul (increase jump damage +120%)
Dragon Jump (is another jump technique, but this one does 210% damage. Normal Jump does 180% damage)

So, is probably that a stacked Kain 5star does much damage with jump than a barrage user.

Quietly, the Rydia Project is still moving along.

But, at least for this morning, today was not my day at the gacha either.

Two pulls:

Vivi
Krille

That extends my streak of pulling 4* max units to 7 :/

Well you saw I pulled Chizzy out of fucking nowhere this morning so you never know!

I mean...Krile is getting a 5* right?

\{*.*}/

kevyward

TM farming seems like an impossible task, maybe I should get started wit a macro on my PC.

I finally unlocked hero rings time to start farming mats!

wilstreak

want to try farming TMR, but about this Macro Nox
it it a Windows PC app so i have to transfer my ID to android emulator on PC or is there android version so that I can use it on my phone?

Pbae

I used up all my tickets in a moment of weakness. I really really wanted a Zidane for his Dual Wield.

First Pull is a yellow crystal (Please be Garnet, Freya, or Zidane!)...VIVI! Fuck...

Second pull is a Rakshasa (I didn't even know this character existed)...

Third Pull is YEEEELLLLLOOOOOWWWWWW!!!! RYDIA!!!! Ugh, trolled.

Last Ticket and last pull is blue...that turns into yellow...AND IT TURNS RAINBOW!!!...

BdshJiSm.png

Bless Jehova!

want to try farming TMR, but about this Macro Nox
it it a Windows PC app so i have to transfer my ID to android emulator on PC or is there android version so that I can use it on my phone?

Nox is the program that you use on your PC, like you said. You login with your Google credentials, download Exvius, log into that via Facebook and then go. I am not aware of any Android app that will allow you to do it on your phone but I'm an iOS user so what the fuck do I know.

I used up all my tickets in a moment of weakness. I really really wanted a Zidane for his Dual Wield.

First Pull is a yellow crystal (Please be Garnet, Freya, or Zidane!)...VIVI! Fuck...

Second pull is a Rakshasa (I didn't even know this character existed)...

Third Pull is YEEEELLLLLOOOOOWWWWWW!!!! RYDIA!!!! Ugh, trolled.

Last Ticket and last pull is blue...that turns into yellow...AND IT TURNS RAINBOW!!!...

BdshJiSm.png

Bless Jehova!

Grats!!!!! That's how I pulled him as well @ 5*

Pbae

Nox is the program that you use on your PC, like you said. You login with your Google credentials, download Exvius, log into that via Facebook and then go. I am not aware of any Android app that will allow you to do it on your phone but I'm an iOS user so what the fuck do I know.

We are officially brothers.

wilstreak

So, if i move my ID from android device to NOX android, can i still keep my ticket and lapis?

hope you know about that.

Pbae

So, if i move my ID from android device to NOX android, can i still keep my ticket and lapis?

No, Lapis and Tickets are tied to the OS server side, but it doesn't mean you lose them. You get it back when you transfer your account back to the original.

Nice one! Not got an Exdeath here.

Why is it you want Firion so much Chilly? I have him but not used him yet.

Because at 6* he gets just about every "X Killer" passive there is and given that he can effectively equip ANYTHING, if properly built he can be a fucking unassuming MONSTER, much like Garland, albeit in a different way.

No, Lapis and Tickets are tied to the OS server side, but it doesn't mean you lose them. You get it back when you transfer your account back to the original.

Yup, everyone gets that scare the first time they use Nox. It will show you having whatever lapis you acquired whilst using the app, I have nearly 10k lapis and through Nox it shows like 200. Same with tickets.

How essential is Lightning for future content?

Everyone makes it sound like you def need her to progress.

Light-sama is one of the most powerful units in the entire game, GL and JP. Having said that, outside of some of the newer extremely difficult content that has come out (even then there are exceptions), she is not NEEDED.

I don't want her because I fucking hate her and will delete my account if I pull her. Having said that, she's a total and complete walking nuclear bomb armed with chainsaws.

The original boss ass bitch.

bonkeng

Android to Android, yes you get to keep your Lapis and Tickets.

Android to IOS or vice versa, you won't, but they'll remain on their respective device.

hitmon

I'd switch Kain with Celes. Celes Focus will reduce magic damage from Frost Dragon substantially while increasing Exdeath and Kefka's magic.
And with Focus, i think your Fina will heal enough as it is.

Lasswell/Artemios/Kefka/Tellah/Lenna

Observations:

-- Fira, preferably Firaga element chain between two (or more casters) is more damaging and more efficient than Kefka using Hyperdrive.

-- Keep the dragon power broken at all times (Ifrit).

-- Create a designated "tank", stack him with HP mods. On the turn that you silence it, taunt the dragon with the tank unit (Provoke, Golem). Otherwise very bad things will happen, especially if it is not power broken.

-- For the love of moogles, count the turns that the dragon is debuffed. On the third turn of a debuff, start applying a new debuff of a different type. Bad things happen if the dragon can break free of all debuffs.

-- Generally speaking, Cheer isn't worth it for the fight. It is too much of a mana drain for long protracted fights.

-- If you do not have Lenna for Esuna, remember to love tap a confused unit with one of the mages.

-- At the barest minimum 2x Cura, or Curaja (3 Curas or Curaja + Cura) needed if not power broken) across two units is really needed to keep up with damage. Krille can help with that because of dual cast, but her HP is a real liability.

-- Bad things will happen just because of RNG. Tellah's raise is huge in giving the team a second chance when the dragon decides to focus all three melee attacks in a round on a squishy unit.

In my run, about everything wrong that could happen did happen. Lost Artemios to a bad RNG melee round. Lasswell kept being confused and decided to "enhance" the complexion of my mages with his new and shiny sword multiple times during the fight. I barely squeaked through the fight as a result. It could have gone much, much better than it did. But, only have to win exactly once ever, and that is just fine with me.

Thanks for the advice, looks like I'll need to level up my espers. Dumb question, but how do you attack a friendly unit? I tried tapping on my unit, but the arrow didn't go over him/her.

My daily pull was a 4* Rydia. I'm not sure if she's any good, but at least it is someone different.

Lyrian

Thanks for the advice, looks like I'll need to level up my espers. Dumb question, but how do you attack a friendly unit? I tried tapping on my unit, but the arrow didn't go over him/her.

My daily pull was a 4* Rydia. I'm not sure if she's any good, but at least it is someone different.

Long press on a unit to bring up the status unit. On the status screen, there is a small blue button labelled "Target Unit".

Rydia - Oh boy. Project time.

Super short answer: Not really, at least until her 5* form arrives with the upcoming FF4 event (that grants Cecil 6*). She gains Meteor (as highlighted in the current trial as her 5* level 80 ability).

Longer answer: Maybe, once she gains her 5* form. At 4*, she suffers from the same problems all 4*s do. 4*s are simply kneecapped from being any good at all from being locked to tier 2 elemental spells and poor stats. At 5*s, these restrictions are removed. Also, at 5*s, Rydia is still to this day in JP the undisputed master of summoning damage (she eventually gains 3 innate stat buffs for summoned espers), even in a world of 6* units. But, as most will typically say, the amount of effort needed to bring her up to speed in the summoning departments is too much to really unlock her true potential. In other words, most will say "Why build up the summon bar to do insane damage, when someone can just haul 4 barrage users on a team and call it a day on turn 1?"

Rydia (and Garnet) have unique limit skills that effectively haste themselves and the summon bar (potentially to absurd gamebreaking levels). But to do so, requires a tremendous level of effort (think manual TM grinding, at least until LB pots get to Global). At base limit break levels, her limit is passable but nothing truly exciting and thus Rydia ends up being a passable, but mostly unremarkable mage otherwise.

Aurizen

so, this is like 3D version of Brave Exvius.
Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=86&v=48WHqnFT9OQ

Shame it is not the Dissidia that we want.
But there is Seifer which mean Squall & Rinoa will be available from the get go. Cloud and Tifa too.

Somehow SE lately have step up their mobile division. Between classic FF IP to their western IP like Tomb Raider Go, Hitman Sniper, etc.

I'd love to play! and Seymour is in it!

tuffymon

I know any wiki can be wrong, but it states Locke Steal is 100% during a limit attack, but I just had him fail the steal... game description doesn't say guarantees an item. Am I reading too much into it, or should it really be 100% and I should put in a ticket for this?

@Xion Don't forget he can equip SOME green magic too, so some spells like barfira are a nice protective addition.

Pbae

I know any wiki can be wrong, but it states Locke Steal is 100% during a limit attack, but I just had him fail the steal... game description doesn't say guarantees an item. Am I reading too much into it, or should it really be 100% and I should put in a ticket for this?

@Xion Don't forget he can equip SOME green magic too, so some spells like barfira are a nice protective addition.

Are you certain the mob had something to steal? Sometimes they just don't have anything.

tuffymon

It was the boss of the zone, I managed to mug him for an item the following round.

Just had it a second time, this time I had a friends Locke with me, first one failed, second got it.

But there is Seifer which mean Squall & Rinoa will be available from the get go. Cloud and Tifa too.

Somehow SE lately have step up their mobile division. Between classic FF IP to their western IP like Tomb Raider Go, Hitman Sniper, etc.

This should have been a full Dissidia game /weep

You have no idea how much I loved those damn games!

bonkeng

This looks a lot like FF9 or Kingdom Hearts.

Hope it's as good or better than FFBE.

Lyrian

Wiki is wrong. I haul around Locke all the time as a friend unit, farming dragon scales, and he misses quite a lot, even using his limit break.

Heng

Either the wiki is wrong or we are misinterpreting what that 100% means. I think the 100% actually means you have 100% to cast steal instead of your chances of a successful steal. Nothing will come of making a ticket about this, they'll just give you a generic response.

tuffymon

Alright, I won't bother with a ticket, I figured it was a translation error at best. Thanks

Am I missing something? I don't see the whole trust farming with awesome rewards that great when it's being botted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom