• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I said shortchanged me the second time. Only got 8 the first time and 4 or 5 the second time and that's with making sure I fought as many battles I could by running around trying to trigger fights. You guys just got lucky with your 10 each run. After blowing 30 NRG on it, said screw this.

Oh my apologies I didn't see that. That is weird though I thought explorations had a set encounter number and rate they just show up in random order. Also I am pretty sure both large sections have it's own set encounter number although that I'm not sure about.

cLOUDo

For what? Overall Firion is better unit. Amarant is a better Tank.

the tank is just usefull to defend, right?

my team righ now is
terra (level 80)
kuja (level 80)
Leo (level 80)
Golbez (level 80)
Rain (level 80)

currently leveling
Zidane (level 25 (5 star))

so i am between amarant and firion

EDIT: amarant's gear is awful, LOL

Lyrian

Oh my apologies I didn't see that. That is weird though I thought explorations had a set encounter number and rate they just show up in random order. Also I am pretty sure both large sections have it's own set encounter number although that I'm not sure about.

The spawn list is fixed. You are correct in that there are 10 possible gloom widow spawns per event dungeon run. However, because there are invades in the dungeon, it is possible that an invade overwrote one of the encounters containing gloom widows (could have been an encounter with 2 or 3 spiders in it). This would be a likely reason why less than 10 gloom widows appeared on a given run.

Lyrian

Huzzah!

Finally, I can join the very long overdue list of gaffers who have cleared the Frost Dragon.

Yay, now the clock can stop for the highest in-game ranking gaffer who hadn't cleared the Colosseum yet at Rank 46 :/

MVP - Tellah, who provided Raises at critical times because Lasswell kept succumbing to confuse and kept murdering my party with the Enhancer over and over and over again....

Valentus

my team righ now is
terra (level 80)
kuja (level 80)
Leo (level 80)
Golbez (level 80)
Rain (level 80)

currently leveling

Leo is the tank of your team... why do you want to put another one?... the question you need to ask is if you want leo or amarant in your team.

Amarant is a better unit than General Leo (NOBODY MENTIONS HIM IN THE FF6 MINI DISCUSSION THIS AFTERNOON YOU FUCKERS, I HATE YOU ALL) so you should replace him

Firion is a good attacker but you need very good equip and materia to use good of him. But you should replace Rain for Firion.

No worries and I tried running back to the beginning just in case that was how it is and really ran all over the place redundantly haha I just fought a million scorpions and skeletons and such. Oh well, it's done now.

On another note, how many quests are currently out? I thought I saw someone say they've completed 70 but after I knock out these last two new quests, I'll be at 55 and I've talked to every damn NPC I've come across so bewildered that I could possibly have missed 15...

Leo is the tank of your team... why do you want to put another one?... the question you need to ask is if you want leo or amarant in your team.

Amarant is a better unit than General Leo (NOBODY MENTIONS HIM IN THE FF6 MINI DISCUSSION THIS AFTERNOON YOU FUCKERS, I HATE YOU ALL) so you should replace him

Firion is a good attacker but you need very good equip and materia to use good of him. But you should replace Rain for Firion.

I want more Leos because his shield is fucking amazing and syncs with Cecil PERFECTLY

wilstreak

my team righ now is
terra (level 80)
kuja (level 80)
Leo (level 80)
Golbez (level 80)
Rain (level 80)

currently leveling

Without changing the function of your team, replace rain with Firion.
Leo and Amarant has similar function, both are great. But for your team, Amarant might be a little bit better. If you decide to focus on physical damage, then Leo is better because he has debuff like Armor Break and power break and Blade Bash.

Combining Leo with Firion though, you have higher chance to paralyze any boss since they both have Blade Bash.

leehom

What is the best weapon for artemios right now? The 42 atk bow?
Seems like it is. I almost have him maxed out five star and his damage seems very pedestrian?

kswiston

I pulled 7-8 of my saved up summon tickets and got Kuja along with a mountain of shit (including Shadow, who I guess is one of the worst 4* units in the game) ...

I have Kefka and Golbez, so I am not sure I even need Kuja. Definitely saving my last 6 summon tickets (and 5300 lapis) for a more worthwhile banner. It would be nice to have Garnet for a character with raise, but I have Lenna, so she is not really needed.

Saving all of those daily 30 energy containers for this Cactaur event was a great choice. I took my Bartz 5 star form from 1-80 today. I also took Lenna from 3 star level 1 to 4 star level 54, maxed the 4 star form of my Garland, and got my 5 star Kefka to level 50 (formerly 32). I still have 150 energy sitting in my inbox, along with bonuses for the next two days and regular accumulated energy. Hopefully I can max out 5 star Kefka, and the 4 star forms of the other two. Then I will start banking Gigacataurs I have extra energy.

After the weekend is over, I have to go back to farming Sacred Crystals. Locke, Lenna, and Garland are all in their 4 star forms and will need evolving. I think I am down to 4 sacred crystals, and could also use more holy crystals.

My long term plan is to start levelling Cecil after I finish up my current team (Bartz, Kefka, Lenna, Garland, and Locke). After that I can switch to levelling my espers which are all in the mid teens of their 1 star forms.

On a side note, what's the best way to accumulate money in this game? My gil stash went from 160k to 60k today.

Chinner

Banned
Did about 6 pulls today. All rubbish. I did manage to get kuja, but there's no point using him as I currently have tellah and lenna. Tellah is just too versatile to get rid of it.

First cactus event I've ever done also, and it has mad levelling. Jeez, might even try fighting crimson again after this weekend.

Lyrian

What is the best weapon for artemios right now? The 42 atk bow?
Seems like it is. I almost have him maxed out five star and his damage seems very pedestrian?

Until the next trial, yeah, the 42 atk bow is the best there is.

Artemios's damage is primarily based on all the killer abilities that he gets. The trial bow stacks upon that to give him an obscene number of killers. Other than that, his only real damage comes from using Barrage, which pretty much requires you to max his 5* form to get. Rather mediocre damage until then.

I'm actually somewhat worried about 6* Kefka. The abilities theyve announced so far dont seem all that great and it looks like more of the attention was given to the 5* Terra =/

cLOUDo

thanks for the answer
i try amarant but is awful, he get any better at higher levels?
i will stick with Leo and leveling Firion and Zidane

hitmon

Huzzah!

Finally, I can join the very long overdue list of gaffers who have cleared the Frost Dragon.

Yay, now the clock can stop for the highest in-game ranking gaffer who hadn't cleared the Colosseum yet at Rank 46 :/

MVP - Tellah, who provided Raises at critical times because Lasswell kept succumbing to confuse and kept murdering my party with the Enhancer over and over and over again....

Congrats! I am currently rank 46 and having trouble beating the Frost Dragon in the Colosseum. :( What team did you beat it with?

Maledict

Managed to get My magic user Tellah up to 269 magic rating with my first hero ring - his spells are actually doing things now! What gear are people using 290+ that I see on Kefka / Exdeaths?

Edit: what do folks think is more useful as my leaderl, a max level locke with around 200 attack, or a 302 attack Chizuru?

linkent

Congrats! I am currently rank 46 and having trouble beating the Frost Dragon in the Colosseum. :( What team did you beat it with?
Beat it on Fina's patch.
Fina, Cecil, Rain, Lasswell, Clyne.
All max level.
Definitely need 2 healer unless you have Curaja.
Lasswell for Dps with murasame+raging fist.
Clyne spamming Paralyze sword.(he kept dying)
Rain for Power break.
Fina cura+cheer.
Cecil cura+silence blade.
Basically it is a race Depending on your mana.

If you have Kefka, could replace clyne with him.

Malakhov

Banned
Got exdeath as daily pull! Should be happy but now im wondering what to do with tellah...

Haven't maxed Tellah yet, awoken to 5 stars and at lvl 55 since i worked on WoL, Bartz and Lenna first.

Scrap tellah and lvl exdeath or leave it be? :(

Hey guys I'd like to start filling out my friends list some more. If anyone wants to add me its
ID 535.960.801

Currently have Kefka with 300 magic as my shared unit, but if you think its better to share WoL with 4850 hp and the Enhancer sword equipped I can swap to him instead..

hitmon

if i am not mistaken. You are in my friendlist with Kefka MAG 290 or so.

What is your team?

Yeah, it might be me. All of them are 5*, but Fina doesn't seem to be able to heal enough or my team isn't able to output enough damage.

My current team:

Kefka MAG 304 (finally got some mag + to help boost).
Exdeath MAG 246
Artemios ATK 247
Fina
Kain ATK 173 (Does he get damage boost against the Frost dragon?)

I have Celes, Zidane, Rain, and Lasswell max level on reserve.

Beat it on Fina's patch.
Fina, Cecil, Rain, Lasswell, Clyne.
All max level.
Definitely need 2 healer unless you have Curaja.
Lasswell for Dps with murasame+raging fist.
Clyne spamming Paralyze sword.(he kept dying)
Rain for Power break.
Fina cura+cheer.
Cecil cura+silence blade.
Basically it is a race Depending on your mana.

If you have Kefka, could replace clyne with him.

Thanks for the advice, I may have to switch out Kain with Lasswell for the DPS. I have an additional Cura on my Exdeath, but trying to keep up with healing has been troubling for me, not to mention dealing with a unit that is confused. I think I may need more dps.

Xion86

Read good things about Terra in earlier pages! Used to use her lots when I started playing, glad I have her maxed :D. Focusing on getting my second Hero's Ring today and the last two summons I missed out on getting yet.

Did a cheap pull and got a Luna, so another Barrage there!

Nohar

Heh. I don't log in for 2 days, and I have already lost 8 friends. Figures.
Well, I guess I should finish that event while it is still up. We got a lot of free endurance, may as well use it.
It is nice that we are getting 100 lapis for a whole month. I hope it will continue afterwards.

Anyhow, I got Luna a few days ago. I still lack physical units though, since only CoD is a decent attacker here (I do have Celes, but she doesn't have any native ability worth using as a physical attacker ; I want her to get a buff).

wilstreak

Yeah, it might be me. All of them are 5*, but Fina doesn't seem to be able to heal enough or my team isn't able to output enough damage.

My current team:

Kefka MAG 304 (finally got some mag + to help boost).
Exdeath MAG 246
Artemios ATK 247
Fina
Kain ATK 173 (Does he get damage boost against the Frost dragon?)

I have Celes, Zidane, Rain, and Lasswell max level on reserve.

Thanks for the advice, I may have to switch out Kain with Lasswell for the DPS. I have an additional Cura on my Exdeath, but trying to keep up with healing has been troubling for me, not to mention dealing with a unit that is confused. I think I may need more dps.

I'd switch Kain with Celes. Celes Focus will reduce magic damage from Frost Dragon substantially while increasing Exdeath and Kefka's magic.
And with Focus, i think your Fina will heal enough as it is.

Great pull.

Meanwhile, day 3 for me, still Lani. 3rd day in a row. Please go away Lani.

Thanks! If its of any consolation, I don't have any Lanis so pulling one would be a "new" unit. >.>

Grats!

Meanwhile more Penelo for me...

Thanks! Hey, don't knock her TM...Cowboy Knife says hai.

Congrats!

Yey!! Nice one :D

Thanks!

well done dude, better than that jobber kuja.

congratz.

but but but Kuja-sama ; ;

Valentus

Removed some friends with 7+ days inactive, sorry dudes.

You can add me 866.176.087

Please add "GAF" in the message to add priority.

What do i have as a leader?

This little dude:

shadow1azx37.png

shadow2pmxat.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom