• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixa

Dalnakya Cavern's in LoP doesn't count as Daily Quest (Clear 2 Dungeon Maps).
One run was enough, hopefully they add other dungeons to LoP and also Int & Adv difficulties.

Be patient and wait for second island?

It's more worthwhile to spend energy on leveling up rank right now.

My rank seems fine at the moment, unless it provides benefits beyond giving you a higher energy cap after a certain amount of time, and my characters are pretty well maxed. Why would I wait for second island when this challenge seems to be spitting out enough blue magicite to max Siren in a day or so?

Visceir

My rank seems fine at the moment, unless it provides benefits beyond giving you a higher energy cap after a certain amount of time, and my characters are pretty well maxed. Why would I wait for second island when this challenge seems to be spitting out enough blue magicite to max Siren in a day or so?

If it does then sure, all I got was small black magicite which didn't seem all too great.

Second island has maps that drop large magicite of specific type on a regular basis.

Having a higher energy cap and not having "wasted" energy from sleeping/doing other things seems far more beneficial than the esper bonuses for the time being, to me anyway.

If it does then sure, all I got was small black magicite which didn't seem all too great.

Second island has maps that drop large magicite of specific type on a regular basis.

Having a higher energy cap and not having "wasted" energy from sleeping/doing other things seems far more beneficial than the esper bonuses for the time being, to me anyway.

I appreciate the analysis, I wasn't being smarmy I was really asking! Where I am right now I can't really see the big picture since I don't read or speak Japanese so I'm stuck with this beta. I'm really relieved to hear magicite drops will get less brutal. Is there an ideal way to grind rank when all you have is this limited selection of areas?

Rixa

Is there an ideal way to grind rank when all you have is this limited selection of areas?

Easiest method is (which Iam doing):
Grandshelt Catacombs - Exit
3 NRG = 78 rank exp, 60 gil, 972 unit exp.
Its easy and can be auto.

Another option is to do Ifrit 2*. But Iam not so far (Ifrit is level 10) + I heard its hard to auto.

bonkeng

Easiest method is (which Iam doing):
Grandshelt Catacombs - Exit
3 NRG = 78 rank exp, 60 gil, 972 unit exp.
Its easy and can be auto.

Another option is to do Ifrit 2*. But Iam not so far (Ifrit is level 10) + I heard its hard to auto.

Where is that Ifrit 2*?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I was going to wait and save up all my Lapis for a rate up or something in the future but this past Friday i decided to pull a couple of times
so i could benefit from the exp event - Cecil + Rain and Lasswell were kinda boring and it will take a while until i can 5* star them.

Pulling now was probably a bad decision for longterm prospects but i kinda wante to have a broader roster to work on.
So i went all out and used all my Lapis to get a Crew together. I didnt get another Top Unit ala CoD, Vaan or Exdeath but im pretty happy with the ones i got.

First 2 pulls netted me Rydia and Edgar (bless Bio Blaster). After that i got Kain, Vivi, Cyan and Garland.

All of the pulls were 3* and i got them all into their 4* versions this weekend thanks to the Exp event. For Garland i had the right Awakening materials so i even got him to 5* making him my first 5* unit - feels good.

screenshot_2016-05-30iybg0.png

So yeah...pulling now might have been the wrong move for the longterm but short term this was the right call. Pretty happy with my team and my options right now. They are all low level 4* for now but by the time the games launch and/or we get new content they should be at a solid level.

Thanks to the new units i also was able to beat the White Dragon, took me a bunch of tries though - Muramasa get.

Vitanimus

I accidentally beat White Dragon last night. I initially lost and was tapping my screen to skip the dialogue and accidentally pressed the "would you like to retry for 100 lapis?" and ended up beating him anyway.

As of this morning, my team is now:

5* Bartz
5* Roselia
4* Shantotto
4* Kain
4* Medius - just need 10 sacred crystal to awaken!

Just beat the White Dragon.

Edgar 4*
Duane 4*
Rizer 2*
Fran 4*
Lasswell 4*

Edgar used Drill. At times, I would try using using Sunbeam to blind him, but he wouldn't physically attack me that much so I stuck with Drill.

Duane kept using Magic Break (Is there a limit to how much MAG you can reduce? I kept using it because it SEEMED like his magic wasn't hitting as hard anymore).

Rizer was only here for Blade Bash, lol and he was one of the first people to die.

Fran used either Bio or Cura.

Lasswell didn't really do much. His ATK is 123 so I put him in there because of that. He could have been replaced.

I pulled Duane (Dark Knight) last night. Currently, he's 4* level 40. Learns Power/Magic/Amor Break. He learns something else a 55 but don't know what. He also has a chance of countering magic attacks. During the White Dragon fight, he used a magic spell on Duane, which killed him, then the White Dragon got hit with that same magic spell. Before I knew about Magic Counter, I was like "wtf? I'll take it!" lol.

As for my main team, it'll be the above people minus Rizer. Not sure who I want to replace him with. Maybe Wedge, Rain or Shiki (Samurai).

I think I've used Lapis for a roll maybe twice? Using it for NRG refills instead, especially during the Cactuar event. Going to go back to farming mats now. Would like to get my Dark Knight to 5* but I need 10 Scripture of Time and 10 Sacred Crystals. I know where the SC's are but the Scripture of Time? Anyone know where I can get that?

Kouriozan

Rerolling is taking more time than expected, so far I got 4 Maria and 3 Penelo and one of each were my only 4 stars so far, no 5 stars yet. Still got none of the best roll list on Reddit.
Thankfully I have still a lot of time before serious events drop.

EDIT : YES! Complaining on GAF somehow works. <3

eYhj6oOl.jpg

Looks like he's strong even currently in JP.

2P6UflJ.png

Visceir

The information from today's nico-stream and everything in tomorrow's update, JP version obviously.

Japan will also get FF2 event in 2 weeks and probably Firion 6* along with that, hyped!

I guess I'll just spoiler tag everything.
Showed off Majin Fina art
ffbe_01_cs1w1_669x440.jpg

New Story content
ffbe_02_cs1w1_659x435.jpg

New story character Jake. Job seems to be Mercenary
ffbe_03_cs1w1_659x435.jpg

New esper Odin
ffbe_04_cs1w1_659x435.jpg

New 9 wave vortex trial, reward is Demon Mail armor
ffbe_05_cs1w1_659x435.jpg

Final Fantasy Tactics Event + Orlandu & Ovelia characters
ffbe_07_cs1w1_659x435.jpg

Two new original FFBE characters -- Soleil & Lawrence
ffbe_08_cs1w1_659x435.jpg

Dawg

I got Rizer for free.

Is that the only free character you get? Or are you supposed the use the first 500 lapis on a pull?

Visceir

I got Rizer for free.

Is that the only free character you get? Or are you supposed the use the first 500 lapis on a pull?

First 500 lapis is used for a pull (and then rerolled if that isn't a good one), the very-first unit in white crystal that you get in tutorial will always be a bad one.

Shouta

The UI improvements in the 2.0 update for the JP version sound sick Being able to identify which missions have craft material drops you need in game is gonna be sick.

Rootbeer

Banned
is there an archive of the stream anywhere?

Wonder how long it will take for global to get 2.0?

I feel like the Record Keeper UI is way prettier than FFBX, there's definitely a lot of improvements they could make. I haven't seen the 2.0 stuff yet though

RalchAC

If you can run it long enough to pick menu and choose escape then you could get out of the dungeon and just return to it again much later. Alternative would be to sync it to some other device and try getting through that portion on that.

I managed to run away, yeah. After 30 tries.

I'm a month and a half away from upgrading

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku_2t7tVtKA

They have a youtube channel for them.

FFRK UI is a bit better now but the first version of that UI was garbo.

I remember dropping Record Keeper because I couldn't bear how slow the menus were.

RalchAC

Uhm... so uhmmm

I kinda messed up bybuying the early bird deal as I didn't want to reroll and all I got was Cyan, Sabin, a second Maria and Luna.

:>

Awesome avatar, bro.

How expensive was the Early Bird pack? You could save your account and re-roll a bit just in case you get something awesome.

Paul is better - not just because of his better stats but Edlin has Auto-Potion always activated and will deplete your regular potion reason whenever he isnt at full HP lol.

For fuck's sake. Well, at least I know at last what was happening to all my potions. >_>
He doesn't do that with Hi-Potions if you run out of regular ones, does he? I remember in Final Fantasy Tactics characters would use the lowest level potions available and it was a pretty good strategy to sell all your regular pots and stock up on hi's.

Dawg

Awesome avatar, bro.

How expensive was the Early Bird pack? You could save your account and re-roll a bit just in case you get something awesome.

Only about €3. Not much, but I did link this account to my main facebook account.

Yes, I am an impatient idiot.

Stider

Last day of May and managed to get enough logins to get the ticket. Bought a few of the magicite packs so I could do the Ifrit v2 fight and currently doing that instead of the event.

Bought some magicite packs and beat Ifrit v2 a few moments ago. Had to use 100 lapis to revive. Wasn't expecting that much HP, lol. If you poison him, it'll take off 18k HP every turn.

After I beat the white dragon, I didn't know something opens up in the vortex so you can fight him whenever you want. 250 rank xp when you beat him, I believe.

Grinding for materials/rank now. About to hit rank 22.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
For fuck's sake. Well, at least I know at last what was happening to all my potions. >_>
He doesn't do that with Hi-Potions if you run out of regular ones, does he? I remember in Final Fantasy Tactics characters would use the lowest level potions available and it was a pretty good strategy to sell all your regular pots and stock up on hi's.
Yeah thank God it's only the regular Potions I would go nuts if he had used up all the Hi-Potions too lol. Still replaced him with Paul xD

BTW. Is it normal that it's more or less impossible to steal from later enemies in the Coliseum? I'm at A4 now I think and I wondering if I should even bring along a Thief anymore since stealing doesn't seem to work anymore.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Yeah thank God it's only the regular Potions I would go nuts if he had used up all the Hi-Potions too lol. Still replaced him with Paul xD

BTW. Is it normal that it's more or less impossible to steal from later enemies in the Coliseum? I'm at A4 now I think and I wondering if I should even bring along a Thief anymore since stealing doesn't seem to work anymore.

There is a list for the global client here

bonkeng

Where do we get those Litrocks? I've farmed enough Sacred Crystal and now i short of Litrocks. Tried awakening BGN INT ADV but very low drop rates.

Any suggestions where to farm?

Rixa

Yeah my max level 5* Vaan can fail 10 times in a row. Kinda frustrating when you get one Rainbow Needle or some other crap :D. They say that Colo steals wont affect to trophy so that sucks too :p.

Also in the next maintenance (tomorrow) hopefully they fix the lag (2-5s) when you swipe right in order to do use units skills / abilities.

Pejo

Where do we get those Litrocks? I've farmed enough Sacred Crystal and now i short of Litrocks. Tried awakening BGN INT ADV but very low drop rates.

Any suggestions where to farm?

Can also steal/get from drops of mecha enemies, in Fulan Pass Exploration.

Rootbeer

Banned
Doesn't Zidane have a trait that makes him better at stealing? If you are lucky enough to pull him he makes the best primary thief

Visceir

Doesn't Zidane have a trait that makes him better at stealing? If you are lucky enough to pull him he makes the best primary thief

Yeah, he gets that skill at lvl 79 5* tho.

I don't really mind the steals failing, just defend with other units and press repeat. Can get a bit annoying when the monsters constantly inflict blind/poison/stone on you though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom