• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any use for esper shard and eaper crystal?

Got multiples of 99 each, need to make sure before selling them.

They are used for low level awakening i believe?

Maybe high level in high volumes. I definitely would keep one stack of each material just in case

Rixa

Any use for esper shard and eaper crystal?

Got multiples of 99 each, need to make sure before selling them.

Maybe high level in high volumes. I definitely would keep one stack of each material just in case

You get those shits from Grandsheld Catacombs - Exit (best place for rank exp 3nrg / 78 rank exp). So you can sell 99 stack and keep the rest and grind more from GCE :). Obviously sell exit stack if you arent grinding rank exp.

bonkeng

You get those shits from Grandsheld Catacombs - Exit (best place for rank exp 3nrg / 78 rank exp). So you can sell 99 stack and keep the rest and grind more from GCE :). Obviously sell exit stack if you arent grinding rank exp.

I was thinking they might be used for summons or something.

Well, I'll just keep a stack and sell the rest.

Thanks.

Dawg

Is it normal for the game to be laggy in certain exploration zones? I noticed it really started to slow down while doing an exploration quest in Fulan pass.

Skulldead

Is it normal for the game to be laggy in certain exploration zones? I noticed it really started to slow down while doing an exploration quest in Fulan pass.

Same problem since last patch, was flawless before that... Combat also became slower for me, had to remove combat animation.

Visceir

Depends greatly on the phone you have i imagine

I think that can be blamed on soft launch/beta, have no such issues in the jp version and the global version is acting differently too after certain patches -- like that second delay when swiping right to access skills.

Hope it'll get sorted out.

Dawg

Yeah I also have that second delay when swiping right.

My phone is an Xperia Z3 which is pretty powerful, even if not super recent.

Rootbeer

Banned

I have a 6S+ and yes the lag occurs some what in a few select areas, but it's nowhere near as bad as on my Nexus 5 where it was more noticable.

There is no way a game with this graphic style should be lagging though. Definitely a bug they should fix.

Valentus

Finallly defeated Europa. It was a hell of a fight. Kuja's barthundara and full break were the stars of the fight.

Now to intermediate!

One thing I've found to help with lag when running around dungeons and cities is to turn off the mini-map. I've gotten drastic lag reductions from that.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I got bored, so I spent all my lapis. Pretty disappointing pulls, definitely not worth it.

You didnt get a single useful pull ? Thats hard to believe...unless you were only gunning for the Top Tier units. We are still at the beginning of the game and a bunch of Gacha units are getting underestimated...units like Cyan or Edgar are way better than the f2p counterparts and really open up the battle options.

I used my Lapis last weekend and have been happy with my pulls..even without Top Tier drops. Just playing around with familiar units and expanding the team is satisfying enough for me...at least for now.

ZangBa

You didnt get a single useful pull ? Thats hard to believe...unless you were only gunning for the Top Tier units. We are still at the beginning of the game and a bunch of Gacha units are getting underestimated...units like Cyan or Edgar are way better than the f2p counterparts and really open up the battle options.

I used my Lapis last weekend and have been happy with my pulls..even without Top Tier drops. Just playing around with familiar units and expanding the team is satisfying enough for me...at least for now.

I didn't get anyone useful enough to replace my party members with. I don't really know what I hoped for, TBH.

Dawg

I had some pretty bad initial pulls too.

But now I pulled Medius and he seems p good. Leveling takes a while tho.

What's really bizarre about this gatcha to me, is that we'll all eventually want a team of units that can 6 star. It's like 6 star or bust. But it seems the chances of getting those units are so slim, it's possible some f2p gamers will never have a full team capable of reaching these levels. I wonder what the ultimate game plan is for the developers. Make content possible with all types of units or will we HAVE to draw top teams eventually.

BurningNad

My team is:

CoD 5*
Maria 4*
Krile 4*
Rydia 4*
Vivi 4* or Rain 4* (just need one Spiritsand to get to 5*)

Does that look good? Should I wait for an event to pull some more?

My current team is 5* 41/80 Cecil, 4* MAX Lasswell, 4* MAX Rain, 4* MAX Krile, 4* MAX Bedile. I can't beat the A3 boss. His AoE blind completely decimates me and the team's magic is too weak to kill him.

Exhumed

So I've seen the white dragon is supposed to be on the farplane but I don't see his encounter trial. Is there something I'm missing?

Dandte

My current team is 5* 41/80 Cecil, 4* MAX Lasswell, 4* MAX Rain, 4* MAX Krile, 4* MAX Bedile. I can't beat the A3 boss. His AoE blind completely decimates me and the team's magic is too weak to kill him.

You Should have a fairy Ring. Give it to a physical attacker. Krile Knowe dualcast and cura.

I don't remember if he can be poisened. If so pull for biggs with friendpoints

As for My current Team

5* Cecil
4* Cyan
4* Kain
4* krile
5* Terra or 4* Rydia

I had nearly the exact same team, but I have a 4* max Edgar instead of Bedile. I would suggest replacing him with someone who can poison. I think it's Biggs who has Bio Blaster and you can get him with Friend Points if you don't have anyone who has a poison spell. What made that fight really easy for me was poison and blind. If you don't mind spending 100 lapis on a key, get the blind recipe here, http://ffbe.kongbakpao.com/royal-capital-granshelt/ (#3). Equip that to Krile and double cast it until it sticks. Just keep poison and blind up and cura with Cecil and/or Krile and the fight should be over quickly since most of those multi hit physical attacks will miss.

So I've seen the white dragon is supposed to be on the farplane but I don't see his encounter trial. Is there something I'm missing?
You have to fight him in the Farplane first through one of those monuments that are in every town. It will be north of where you spawn in a house. Just touch the sword to trigger the fight. Once you beat him you will have a new option in the Vortex to fight it again.

WarAdept

FUCK YEAH. Killed Abhorrent One with just generics/Lasswell/Rain! Now the end is in sight! S-5 Frost Dragon, let's go!

I will never be able to kill this thing with generics.

FUCK YEAH. Killed Abhorrent One with just generics/Lasswell/Rain! Now the end is in sight! S-5 Frost Dragon, let's go!

I will never be able to kill this thing with generics.
Just beat S-3 Gorgimera(sp?) after a few days being stuck.
Also with full generic from Friend's Point + Rain/Lasswell.

Apparently, this is just Beginner Colisseum.
With another full Intermediate D - S rank right after. :/

No way I can run those without some Lapis pull.

Kouriozan

I kinda regret starting too late for the cactuar event, no way I can reach 5 stars with a character before the second island release.
I'm better off grinding rank levels for now.

Dawg

So I've done pretty much all story content, went to volcano, got Ifrit etc. How should I continue now? What should be my focus?

My team atm is:

4* Medius
3* Rain
3* Lasswell
3* Cyan
3* Sabin

They're all around level 25-30.

I kinda regret starting too late dor the cactuar event, no way I can reach 5 stars with a character before the second island release.
Get a friend's max level Edgar or Exdeath (spam Chainsaw or Firaga) into ADV EXP vortex, and just bring 1 unit for unshared mass exp. (or full team if you need)

Should be able to solo it.

somesang

Daily rewards are tied to the month and not consecutive logins? I was one day away from a summon ticket, what kind of...

I beat the A-3 Boss. :D

You Should have a fairy Ring. Give it to a physical attacker.
Thanks for the Fairy Ring tip. I have Silver Glasses on Cecil, but didn't realize I had that too. I gave it to Lasswell and had him spam Fingersnap.

I had nearly the exact same team, but I have a 4* max Edgar instead of Bedile. I would suggest replacing him with someone who can poison. I think it's Biggs who has Bio Blaster and you can get him with Friend Points if you don't have anyone who has a poison spell. What made that fight really easy for me was poison and blind. If you don't mind spending 100 lapis on a key, get the blind recipe here, http://ffbe.kongbakpao.com/royal-capital-granshelt/ (#3). Equip that to Krile and double cast it until it sticks. Just keep poison and blind up and cura with Cecil and/or Krile and the fight should be over quickly since most of those multi hit physical attacks will miss.
IDK how it compares to Bio Blaster's proc rate but Bedile has Bio Blade. I used that to poison and followed your advice about Blind. I didn't realize it would go away so quickly, but luckily I noticed before anyone died. I Dual Casted Blind until it stuck, Bluffed, DC Thundara, then alternated between blinds and Thundaras. Thanks!

Sidenote: Where can I get Alcryst? I had 1, which I used to make Blind. Also, I was given a free Fine Alcryst after crafting it. Is that normal, rare bonus or a one time thing?

Shouta

Daily rewards are tied to the month and not consecutive logins? I was one day away from a summon ticket, what kind of...

Yeah, that seems to be the case. JP doesn't even have Daily Rewards right now. They added it to global before we got it. lol

They will be adding consecutive login bonus later though and they're going to make it retroactive as I recall.

I beat the A-3 Boss. :D

Thanks for the Fairy Ring tip. I have Silver Glasses on Cecil, but didn't realize I had that too. I gave it to Lasswell and had him spam Fingersnap.

IDK how it compares to Bio Blaster's proc rate but Bedile has Bio Blade. I used that to poison and followed your advice about Blind. I didn't realize it would go away so quickly, but luckily I noticed before anyone died. I Dual Casted Blind until it stuck, Bluffed, DC Thundara, then alternated between blinds and Thundaras. Thanks!

Sidenote: Where can I get Alcryst? I had 1, which I used to make Blind. Also, I was given a free Fine Alcryst after crafting it. Is that normal, rare bonus or a one time thing?

Glad it helped you! Didn't realize Bedile had a poison move. I should have looked that up first. Great that you didn't have to do any pulls to get a poison character.

You can buy Alcryst from Ability shops for 200 gold I believe. You get Fine Alcrysts sometimes (every time?) when you craft abilities. Doesn't seem too rare since I have a few of them and haven't forged too many abilities.

WarAdept

Just beat S-3 Gorgimera(sp?) after a few days being stuck.
Also with full generic from Friend's Point + Rain/Lasswell.

Apparently, this is just Beginner Colisseum.
With another full Intermediate D - S rank right after. :/

No way I can run those without some Lapis pull.

Haha holy shit you're right. I saw a Reddit post with S5 as the Frost Dragon. NOPE. That's the Intermediate variant. Beginner is some mech called Europa for me and it obliterated my party. Ah well, looks like I'm stuck on S5 Beginner until double drops then.

linkent

Really hated that they put a Max level as Max instead of some number.
Lost couple of Adv vortex with level 1 fodders coz of lvl 60 Exdeath instead of the lvl 80 one.

Another batch of 1* to get my awaken 60 units trophy.
Gotta work for that last recipe.(30trophies unlocked)

Svafnir

Yeah, that seems to be the case. JP doesn't even have Daily Rewards right now. They added it to global before we got it. lol

They will be adding consecutive login bonus later though and they're going to make it retroactive as I recall.

Woah, where did you hear that. Evidence please!

Visceir

What's really bizarre about this gatcha to me, is that we'll all eventually want a team of units that can 6 star. It's like 6 star or bust. But it seems the chances of getting those units are so slim, it's possible some f2p gamers will never have a full team capable of reaching these levels. I wonder what the ultimate game plan is for the developers. Make content possible with all types of units or will we HAVE to draw top teams eventually.

I started jp version with Penelo and have more than a team's worth of 6* characters. It's all about being smart how/when you spend your lapis and summon tickets. There will be rate-ups for units, just gotta have the patience.

They've been also good about giving older five star characters 6* versions, which has made getting 6* characters fairly easy.

As for global -- both the characters I rerolled don't have a 6* versions in jp version (yet), but they are top tier in global right now and should be for the upcoming months.

I kinda regret starting too late for the cactuar event, no way I can reach 5 stars with a character before the second island release.

You'd be grossly overleveled with 5* characters on second island and I honestly think the game would be less fun for it for you.

Exhumed

You have to fight him in the Farplane first through one of those monuments that are in every town. It will be north of where you spawn in a house. Just touch the sword to trigger the fight. Once you beat him you will have a new option in the Vortex to fight it again.

Thanks for whatever reason I thought the monuments in town led to the same place as the Vortex in the Menu screen.

Dandte

Finally defeated the whatever it was endboss of s4!

Mvp Goes to kain and his Jump attack to escape Fira and Flash. And Cecil for his tankiness and cura.

But the Reward for S4 was kinda disappointing :-/

Rixa

I didnt know that I want PVP, until I did read it from Reddit
Reddit user TrueBlue84 said:
Can someone explain the key differences in Ffbe pvp compared to brave Frontier? Since they are made by the same company I figure there are similarities and differences. Also are we expecting pvp on global release?

Reddit user Gusticus said:
Damage is capped at 999 and you have full control of your party
Its spins to see who goes first
Theres weekly bonuses to certain FF titles and weekly bans to ccertain abilities
Theres daily/weekly/monthly rewards, no sky orb BS

Reddit user Garstein said:
Battles are not automatic unlike BF. You can select your moves as if you're in a regular battle.
There's some sort of roulette spin in the beginning to determine who goes first. then you duke it out with the AI controlled opponent for 10 turns. Whoever is left standing within that 10 turns wins (usually you can 1 turn kill enemies with the right set up)
To spice things up there are restrictions and bonuses in place per week (no wind attacks allowed/ FF5 units get stat boost etc. for example)
Enemy team is controlled by AI unfortunately but it's better than nothing. FORTUNATELY they're dumb as a bag or rocks.
Damage cap is 999 but you can go above that by chaining your moves.
Sounds so much better than BF (and the shit we had in GCC).

Visceir

I didnt know that I want PVP, until I did read it from Reddit

Sounds so much better than BF (and the shit we had in GCC).

My pvp experience is either 3x dual cast meteor/ultima on the first turn and win or wait for the enemy takes his turn and then cast 3x dual cast meteor/ultima and win. It's tedious and the only reason I'm doing it because the rewards are good (stat pots, Trust Moogles)

The game units are far too imbalanced for pvp to be fun/meaningful.

Rixa

My pvp experience is either 3x dual cast meteor/ultima on the first turn and win or wait for the enemy takes his turn and then cast 3x dual cast meteor/ultima and win. It's tedious and the only reason I'm doing it because the rewards are good (stat pots, Trust Moogles)

The game units are far too imbalanced for pvp to be fun/meaningful.
Thats what Iam hoping too. Battle itself will prolly be very boring, but looking for those freebies is why Iam waiting pvp.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Do we have a farming spot for Iron Ore ? I would like to forge some equipment but only have like 2-3 Iron Ores so far.

Vex_

Banned
This game is trying so hard not to give me the last mystic ore that they are now dropping items I have never seen before in my entire time since launch.

...how the hell does a bird drop a DRAGON'S HEART? Im also realizing now that there is no consistentcy between what drops what. Sometimes I get metal parts/flowers from ghouls and shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom