• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuffymon

2 more tickets gone...

2 more Clouds of Darkness...

WTF?!

I have SEVEN. SEVEN.

I'm about to quit.

I'm actually jealous, that's a powerhouse team, even if it is just the same unit. Those resists... That aside, its a better problem than only pulling lennas or something >.>;

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Yeah, yeah it is.

As you said you were are on the East Coast, I'll present the situation using NFL analogies.

Tomorrow is essentially Draft Day. I get up to 3 hours to make elevator pitches to the top companies in the country to see if I have any value left in these aging bones. Then, after the event, the draft happens behind closed doors. In anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, I should know my fate.

On one hand, the school expects me to be picked early in the first round. On the other hand, that would be the equivalent of taking Peyton Manning (minus the injuries and scandals) in the top 10 of the first round in his mid-30's. I'm really skeptical of this outcome occurring. Age discrimination is a very real thing, especially when some of my competition is almost half my age. Also equally damning is my combination or racial and gender attributes. Not a good look for me in the 21st century professional workplace.

On the other hand, I've gone un-drafted at several of these annual events in the past before to date. Supposedly, I've "corrected" all the deficiencies in my depth chart at this point through massive extracurriculars that mean nothing more than resume talking points. I'll believe it when I see it. As they say around here, show me the receipts.

So, yeah... I really need to draw a real life rainbow crystal tomorrow.

IMAGINE BEING KEVIN COSTER.

WIN.

Lyrian

Small consolation prize today: 2 gold trophies.

-- Gold: Gift Giving (#53)
-- Gold: Item Use (#54)

And I got all the materials I needed to finish crafting my second Shining Splendor.

And just in time for tomorrow, a Dragon Slayer.

Guess I can't complain about that... much.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I finished the mainline story as far as it will let me!

Seems like the main next thing I need to do is get better equipment. Any suggestions?

Azuran

Banned
when are we getting another physical esper, Golem aint cuttin it.

Doesn't look like will be getting one anytime soon considering the next one on the list is Carnbuncle which is another magic based one.

We'll be waiting a while for Odin and Titan unless they both come from the same story update.

Folstern

Small consolation prize today: 2 gold trophies.

-- Gold: Gift Giving (#53)
-- Gold: Item Use (#54)

And I got all the materials I needed to finish crafting my second Shining Splendor.

And just in time for tomorrow, a Dragon Slayer.

Guess I can't complain about that... much.
Personal accomplishments trump luck! Sometimes.

Iceman829

Good night everyone. Best of luck to everyone pulling tomorrow. I'll plan on doing some picks myself, but I'll wait until I'm at work so I have a computer to type them all out.

Lyrian - I wish you the best. I hope to see some good news when I check in tomorrow

Azuran

Banned
We need to create a discord group or something so we can see bonafide live reactions among us when special moments like this come along.

Lyrian

Good night everyone. Best of luck to everyone pulling tomorrow. I'll plan on doing some picks myself, but I'll wait until I'm at work so I have a computer to type them all out.

Lyrian - I wish you the best. I hope to see some good news when I check in tomorrow

Good luck, Lyrian!!!! And we will all pull Lightning, as some twisted trick of fate.

IMAGINE BEING KEVIN COSTER.

WIN.

I hate football but I understand the reference...in any event, good luck! We'll send you all the base 5* luck we have!

Thanks all :)

While I surely won't have any concrete news after the event, at least I'll probably have a good idea if I have a fighting chance or not.

And of course, on the way out the FFBE door, I did **not** totally realize that I miscounted my lumber, was 20 short, and marched right back into ES to correct that issue. Nope, not at all. Priorities, and all that.

Cue Shintoki: You could have just macro'd that... lol

Ok, seriously out of here for the night this time.

bonkeng

Yeah, yeah it is.

As you said you were are on the East Coast, I'll present the situation using NFL analogies.

Tomorrow is essentially Draft Day. I get up to 3 hours to make elevator pitches to the top companies in the country to see if I have any value left in these aging bones. Then, after the event, the draft happens behind closed doors. In anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, I should know my fate.

On one hand, the school expects me to be picked early in the first round. On the other hand, that would be the equivalent of taking Peyton Manning (minus the injuries and scandals) in the top 10 of the first round in his mid-30's. I'm really skeptical of this outcome occurring. Age discrimination is a very real thing, especially when some of my competition is almost half my age. Also equally damning is my combination or racial and gender attributes. Not a good look for me in the 21st century professional workplace.

On the other hand, I've gone un-drafted at several of these annual events in the past before to date. Supposedly, I've "corrected" all the deficiencies in my depth chart at this point through massive extracurriculars that mean nothing more than resume talking points. I'll believe it when I see it. As they say around here, show me the receipts.

So, yeah... I really need to draw a real life rainbow crystal tomorrow.

Best of luck man. Just believe in yourself and everything will fall into place.

broz0rs

I'll just be pulling 1/2 priced dailies. Lightening will inevitably be available in Player Choice banners, which have higher rates than these initial banners with the bullshit rates.

Rixa

Phew, finally done with the lumber farming. Just in time for new content. Almost got my CoD to 80 as well.

Bring on tomorrow. I want to throw some tickets in the wind!

Weather forecast : rain of salt on the subreddit for a whole week at least.
Gonna be fun to see the salt mountains
It's a long ride. Started 5 days ago and just around 9% for Medius, Terra, Luna, and Fencer...

Been letting it run non-stop today and probably went up about 3% with the characters.

Gunna let Fencer go all the way to Lv.15 with her LB too.
My suggestion is. Swap Medius to something that actually has useful TM. We get so much nrg & cactuars in the long run that Medius TM is not so good that you should waste TM slot to it.

2 more tickets gone...
2 more Clouds of Darkness...
WTF?!
I have SEVEN. SEVEN.
I'm about to quit.

Combined them all and you can have one with 30% TM
Dont combine. Use 5 in PVP Arena when we get it, Barrage + Human killer :p.

I would quit if I would have just started and trying to get Sacred Crystals for my first Awaken. 10 nrg Down the drain, this is my shittiest run in that dungeon.
Screenshot_20160923-072857.png
Screenshot_20160923-072906.png

CCIE

Banned
Everyone wants Lightning - I want the two other banner characters. And Cecil, WoL, Locke, Zidane, Garnet, Freya, Amarant, or Leo. Plenty of possibilities to choose from here

bonkeng

Everyone wants Lightning - I want the two other banner characters. And Cecil, WoL, Locke, Zidane, Garnet, Freya, Amarant, or Leo. Plenty of possibilities to choose from here

Wow you're not kidding when you said tanks avoids you. I was thinking you only meant WoL and Cecil. Didn't know Amarant and Leo eluded you as well.

Charlotte should be easy to pull in a few hours. Good luck.

hitmon

Here's hoping to an extended maintenance so we get more free gifts. Good luck to all in the upcoming banner.

I was not able to get CoD or Chiz this round.. The struggle for a good physical attacker continues.

Malakhov

Banned
I was able to put the shinning splendor in the oven before the maintenance, now just have to wait for 2 days. After all that farming and forging it took to get the sword, having to wait two days for it is ridiculous.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man im stupid...messed up the PST/PDT timezones again and thought the maintenance would start in 15 minutes - guess it started 45mins ago. Yikes...goodbye 60 stam -.-

Rixa

Man im stupid...messed up the PST/PDT timezones again and thought the maintenance would start in 15 minutes - guess it started 45mins ago. Yikes...goodbye 60 stam -.-

Dont worry its just energy :). And as my case earlier today shows it wasnt Sacred Crystals even.
So think like you had same bad streak in Awaken dungeon and just got crap & wasted 60 nrg there for nothing.

thanksfornothing.gif

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Dont worry its just energy :). And as my case earlier today shows it wasnt Sacred Crystals even.
So think like you had same bad streak in Awaken dungeon and just got crap & wasted 60 nrg there for nothing.

thanksfornothing.gif

Haha yeah you are right - its no big deal just kinda annoyed since i knew the maintenance was coming and still messed up. I wish these games just would use an hour counter for events depending on your system clock - Monster Strike does that, dont know why other f2p games dont follow.

btw. Ready to pull Lightning later with a half-price daily pull ? I am xD

Rixa

Haha yeah you are right - its no big deal just kinda annoyed since i knew the maintenance was coming and still messed up. I wish these games just would use an hour counter for events depending on your system clock - Monster Strike does that, dont know why other f2p games dont follow.

btw. Ready to pull Lightning later with a half-price daily pull ? I am xD

I think there is "somekind" solution this in "News" section. See Kouriozan post about it. Obviously it doesnt help now, but maybe later :).

Yup 250 Lapis per day and last day (or day before last) going to use my 7-8 tix (not sure exact amount of tix I have). I want many Ludmilles, TM farming DualCasts for my 2nd Mage & Healer.

Edit: If I get and slap Dual Cast to Kefka, he needs Ultima / Meteor to get full use of it. Looking for 6* Kefka stuff, they are all abilities. So DC alone would work only to Thundaga / Blizzaga / Bioga.

tl;dr DC Kefka is kinda bad invest if you dont have Ultima / Meteor.

and then merge?

Yes

This is by far the most efficient path to a single TM for F2Play players

It goes

1. 5 dupes to 16
2. Scale that same formula down based on how many dupes
3. Trust Moogles
4. Trust Farming to 100 eww
5. Whaling for 20 dupes.... Dont do this

@Rixa. Dude! Once i get my autolimit TM im gonna prove you wrong so hard

Well this is it, in three hours we will know the coming of the end. Who among us will live to see it through?

God fucking damnit I don't want to wait three fucking hours!!

Rixa

Yes

This is by far the most efficient path to a single TM for F2Play players

It goes

1. 5 dupes to 16
2. Scale that same formula down based on how many dupes
3. Trust Moogles
4. Trust Farming to 100 eww
5. Whaling for 20 dupes.... Dont do this

@Rixa. Dude! Once i get my autolimit TM im gonna prove you wrong so hard

Yeah. I gladly wait it :). I just have so much better TMs than CoD (only 1 CoD btw). As Iam doing everything manually I need to think what I want to farm.

I know Iam now talking about JP CoD and well its JP numbers.
If you want to see more about CoD as unit: Altema has info about CoD. Use google translate, so you get grasp of it.

Altema CoD page TM info said:
1. Trust master reward 2. Effect 3. Evaluation
1. Auto limit 2. In combat, increase 1 every turn LB gauge 3. Low (60/100)

Since the gauge accumulation amount of about 5% in one turn, it does not make much sense. If much devote ability frame to auto limit, let's equipped with other abilities.
Since the spider itself has no ability frame of darkness, using only anyway in other characters.
^^ Google translate so sorry about text :p

tl;dr Auto-Limit increases 5% of LB bar every turn. Has to be long dungeon (or in explorations) where it can be used. But then again, you could slap better ability to unit than A-L.

Rixa

^^ Since the spider itself has no... wtf XD

Remember everyone; to battle, with no regrets!!

My educated (hrm) guess is that means 5* CoD doesnt have Ability slots so its for other units (6* has 4 slots) and then there are better TMs to use to those slots.

In some places CoD is google translated as Spider.
For example: Everyone's score against the spider of darkness

Also holy hell those stats at 6* atk o_O
Maximum stats

item ★ 3 ★ 4 ★ 5 ★ 6
HP 1596 2059 2574 4015
MP 70 90 113 146
ATK 71 110 138 223
DEF 63 82 102 132
MAG 55 71 89 115
SPR 48 61 77 100

Status
Not open for further replies.