• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

robotuw

New banner can't come fast enough. 13 pulls and only one on-banner unit (a dupe lenna), the rest were utter trash. At least I had 3 from the banner already but I really wanted a CoD.

Westonian

I lost my phone in the ocean before linking it to my Facebook account, so I had to start over. It's been about a month since that accident, but I need to rebuild my friends list.

Anyone who has room, my id is: 154 211 436, name is McSurly.

Thanks in advance.

Pejo

Got more Russels the past two days in a row from the daily. I now have enough Russels to marry off with every Lenna I ever pulled. It feels like i'm raising a family!

bonkeng

Reading on reddit, seems like everyone is banking on Lightning. Go for broke.

When Lightning's Banner end, I guess we'll lose 1/3 of the player base.

I lost my phone in the ocean before linking it to my Facebook account, so I had to start over. It's been about a month since that accident, but I need to rebuild my friends list.

Anyone who has room, my id is: 154 211 436, name is McSurly.

Thanks in advance.

Sent.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Consensus seems to be 9000 - 14000 runs in Earth Shrine.
For me to get 5 TM from 0% to 100% took 40-46 days and roughly 2.1% - 2.2% TM per day. All by doing it phone & manually, no macroing. TMs I did:
* 4x 30% MAG (4 Shantottos)
* 1x Excalibur (1 Cecil)

1. Impressive!

2. This is insanity.

3. Seems pretty obvious between unit storage limits and the trust bonus for fusing they intended for people to use their dupes to get the TMs (while encouraging lapis usage).

Aww yeah finally from the last daily pull!

Zrn4F9a.jpg

4. ME TOOOOOO

5. Used my first 5 metal gigantaurs to get Leo up to lvl 74, which was awesome. Then I used the remaining to get him up to 77, but noOOOPE. AMAZING SUCCESS! I now have a maxed out 5* General Leo!!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Reading on reddit, seems like everyone is banking on Lightning. Go for broke.

When Lightning's Banner end, I guess we'll lose 1/3 of the player base.

While people are saying, they don't expect it.

Deep down, they expect it, hence why they are going all in.

Overall, I think it's a great banner. Just as good as the WoL/Leanna/Tellah, but not as good as the Facebook one. So it's definitely worth doing daily pulls and spending a few tickets.

Good news is too, since it's a 5* base. It means out pull rate for the other two should be just under 15%. I'm hoping for 2 Ryuds through Dailies and saving up for Tilith and/or Refia

Thinking about it. Right now I have
2x Kefka
1x Cecil, 2x WoL
1x Bartz, 1x Chizzy, 1x Garland, 1x CoD.

Also have 1x Zid.

So what I need right now is to get some Dualcasts, another Dual Wield, then one of the few 6* Healers.

I have to say, I feel like I've been pretty lucky with my pulls. But, I do know I have a lot more of an easy perspective.

Rixa

1. Impressive!

2. This is insanity.

3. Seems pretty obvious between unit storage limits and the trust bonus for fusing they intended for people to use their dupes to get the TMs (while encouraging lapis usage).

4. ME TOOOOOO

5. Used my first 5 metal gigantaurs to get Leo up to lvl 74, which was awesome. Then I used the remaining to get him up to 77, but noOOOPE. AMAZING SUCCESS! I now have a maxed out 5* General Leo!!
1. Yeah
2. Indeed, stupidity :p
3. Yup, I have 130 inventory for units, should buy more slots. But I want my daily doze of Lightnings
4. Gratz!
5. Dbl Gratz
I'm gonna pull tomorrow, but I don't have free slots :|
Can you imagine if FFT banner is next?
Dont worry, you can melt your Lanis & Shadows quickly :p

Overall, I think it's a great banner. Just as good as the WoL/Leanna/Tellah, but not as good as the Facebook one. So it's definitely worth doing daily pulls and spending a few tickets.
For me PC was poor banner, only made 2 pulls there. I have every units except WoL (but I do have 2 Cecils).

bonkeng

I'm gonna pull tomorrow, but I don't have free slots :|

Can you imagine if FFT banner is next?

Ramza, Delita O_O

But it would be an even harder banner to pull, 2 base 5*, 2 base 4*, 2 base 3*.

0.25% of pulling Ramza or Delita......shudder

Good news is too, since it's a 5* base. It means out pull rate for the other two should be just under 15%. I'm hoping for 2 Ryuds through Dailies and saving up for Tilith and/or Refia.

Yeah, FB banner is the best so far. All units are the best or near best at their respective role.

I'm targeting atleast 2 Ludmilles for the upcoming banner as well. Hopefully we'll get them sooner than later.

Thinking about it. Right now I have
2x Kefka
1x Cecil, 2x WoL
1x Bartz, 1x Chizzy, 1x Garland, 1x CoD.

Also have 1x Zid.

So what I need right now is to get some Dualcasts, another Dual Wield, then one of the few 6* Healers.

I have to say, I feel like I've been pretty lucky with my pulls. But, I do know I have a lot more of an easy perspective.

That's a really stacked team, and quite balanced too.

Iceman829

I put Splendor #1 to cook this morning and by tomorrow morning #2 will be ready to cook as well. I have enough ore for a 3rd, but I'll wait a bit before I go back to lumberjacking. I don't have enough characters that can equip swords, so I won't waste time with that.

The best thing about all these ES runs has been Ifrit is now maxed 2* and I used all the regular magicite that dropped to get Golem to 2*. My TMs have increased as well and I've made some money selling off extra items.

Congrats, Academy! I don't have Terra so no Ultima for me but all the better to have you guys on my FL ;p

I wonder what the odds are of a single one of us in this thread getting Lightning haha The truth would be too real.

I hope Dirnado pt2 has a lot of different missions so we can rack up Lapis!

Iceman829

Anyone know the best place to farm mystic ore?

Grandshelt Castle - Second Floor - Grandshelt Isles
Can be dropped and stolen from Floateye and Objet d'Art and dropped from Roper (Boss)
Chamber of Awakening - INT
Chamber of Awakening - ADV
Colosseum Beginner Rank C-1
Can be stolen from Hell's Rider (Boss)

tariniel

Some questions:

I play on iOS, but I'm on an old 5S and am wanting to upgrade to either a 6S+ or a 7+ soon. Will I lose any data or my Lapis during the upgrade? Is there a special way to guarantee I don't lose anything other than facebook sync?

Also I'm just starting to consider TM farming, are there macros I can use on-device? I don't think I fancy the idea of using an emulator but I guess it depends how terrible it really is.

I'm considering buying one of these bundle chests as a show of support (and to refill Lapis so I can keep daily pulling) - which one is the best value? This will be the first time I've spent $ on the game.

Lastly, does iOS or the game itself track how many hours I've played?

So all I'm doing is adding in a new script for my TM grind team.
1. Instead of Auto begin. It individually selections potion for each character, then auto for the reminder.

I could also get it to do repeat first, but less prompts means less chance for failure.
I just stocked up on potions and redid my macro. I'm surprised I didn't think of this when I was making my first macros, yesterday. After I selected the six potions, I also clicked on one enemy before hitting auto. This way, it takes 2 rounds of attacks to kill the first wave and I usually go into the boss with limits charged. The extra actions don't even make runs take longer either, since I set the macro to be exactly 5 minutes long (timed using the NRG countdown timer). The macro will loop infinitely while my NRG stays the same.

Now I'm TM grinding, Item Trophy grinding and LB grinding all at the same time :D.

Pbae

Yikes, so I got a new phone with a larger screen and never noticed that CoD had eyes.

I thought the red mark was her eyes and she was a cyclops.

From dailies pulled everyone on banner except wol but it's ok cause I had him already. Needed Kefka now I have him. Next time cactuar dunes come I'll max him.

I agree though too many cod pulls. Have 5 total now.

Valentus

What gives Kefka the edge over Exdeath?

Kefka can equip Mage equipment. Exdeath cant equip hats and robes

Plus, kefka has more innate MAG than ExDeath.
What really saves ExDeath is W-Magic. Without that, he is very average and Majin Fina and Kefka 6star outclasses him easily.

Higher MAG stat + ability to gear for it. That is only taking into account what we can do currently in Global. So it's not looking at their 6* versions.

Well, i post a few pages back with numbers that a 5* kefka with hyperdrive can do more damage than a 6* ExDeath.

For your interest, in a run of 60 energy, you can get a media of 4% - 4.5% of TM distribuited among the 5 characters. Youll need a media of 125 runs of 60 energy to get 100% of the entire party. Thats 7.500 energy.

Aurizen

Grandshelt Castle - Second Floor - Grandshelt Isles
Can be dropped and stolen from Floateye and Objet d'Art and dropped from Roper (Boss)
Chamber of Awakening - INT
Chamber of Awakening - ADV
Colosseum Beginner Rank C-1
Can be stolen from Hell's Rider (Boss)

Which of those is the best place?

creid

Higher MAG stat + ability to gear for it. That is only taking into account what we can do currently in Global. So it's not looking at their 6* versions.
Interesting. I've been using Exdeath over Kefka all along, I'll have to swap some gear around and see what he can do.

So right now I'm way over the cap of NRG, will I lose all that when maintenance hits if I were to keep it that way? (I know it's wasting NRG to do that but not working towards anything atm). It'd be nice to have all that NRG stored to tackle the story missions like crazy when they hit.

So I feel like I have a decent team put together (although I would still really dig a dedicated physical attacker). I have (all maxed):

Artermios
Amarant
Bartz
Kefka
Exdeath

In the wings I also have maxed out Fina, Laswell, Rain, and Locke.

I put cura on Exdeath to act as my "healer" in battle, which seems to serve me well enough. My main problem right now is facing the Frost Dragon in the top tier colloseum level. It just destroys me. I once got its health down to 20% (give or take), but that's definitely the closest I've come.

I also noticed that when I compare my stats to my friends when I pull them along, I feel like I'm nowhere close. Granted, I haven't done any of the TM thingamajigs and the only equipment I have is what you can buy or find in chests, so I know I'm probably under-geared. But is there some other reason that my Kefka has a magic stat ~225 but the people on my friends list have him almost 100 points higher? I feel like I'm missing something basic and I'm not sure what it is.

Oh, and I basically ignored espers until recently. I'm slowly building them up and have Siren and Ifrit at 2 star, albeit lower level since I just evolved them, so maybe that's something else I could work on.

tuffymon

double check if they are using mag+10% as well, we can get that recipe out of a silver chest recently, so that extra helps, and maybe they have a capped t2 esper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom